[ROM][LINUX][LAVENDER] Droidian Bookworm

Search This thread

69109445.png

Droidian is a GNU/Linux distribution based on top of Mobian, a Debian-based distribution for mobile devices. The goal of Droidian is to be able to run Mobian on Android phones. This is accomplished by using well-known technologies such as libhybris and Halium.

Requirements​

• Android 9 firmware for your device:
    Redmi Note 7 lavender: LINK

Files​

Installation:​

• Extract the archive
  • run the flash_all script
  • Boot to fastboot and let the script flash everything.

UBports Installer

Alternatively the UBports installer can also be used to install Droidian.

Notes​

Default password​

The default password is 1234.
List of working things can be found at https://github.com/droidian-lavender/device-page

APN​

Mobile data needs an APN to be set up from Settings -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names.

Broken mobile data after calls​

Data connection might break after receiving and making calls. Switch it off and on from Settings -> Mobile Network to fix it. Be careful to not turn off the mobile modem or a device restart might be required.

Out of storage​

By default when flashing Droidian it allocates 8GB of storage to the system. This might not be enough and luckily you can allocate more storage with ADB by running (while in recovery): adb shell e2fsck -fy /data/rootfs.img and adb shell resize2fs -f /data/rootfs.img xG where x is the amount of GB to allocate (eg: 50G for 50 GB).

SSH access​

connect your phone to your computer and type ssh droidian@10.15.19.82, the password is 1234 (on Windows, you may need PuTTY)

Applications​

You can find a list of mobile-friendly Linux applications at LinuxPhoneApps

What Works
Manual brightness, Notification LED, Torchlight, Vibration, Carrier info, Data connection, Calls, Pin unlock, SMS, Audio routing, Voice calls, Volume control, Battery percentage, Online charging, RTC time, SDcard, Shutdown, Reboot, Bluetooth, Flight mode, Hotspot, WIFI, Auto brightness, Proximity, Rotation, Touch screen, Earphones, Loud speaker, Microphone, Waydroid

What partially works
Camera works fine in Waydroid but in system itself its slow and requires some technical work.

What doesn't work
GPS, Fingerprint, Offline charging, Dual SIM, Encryption

Waydroid​

Waydroid is an Android container which lets Android apps run on Linux phones with GPU acceleration with full speed.
Waydroid works fine on Lavender.

Final Notes​

• I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Support

Thanks to the Droidian team, erfanoabdi, Danct12 and Sergio for all helping out to make this happen.
All the sources are available at

Attached images are from different devices but the interface looks and acts the same.

Attachments

• phosh1.jpg
    phosh1.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 2,864
  • phosh8.jpg
    phosh8.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,614
  • phosh7.jpg
    phosh7.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,442
  • phosh6.jpg
    phosh6.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,327
  • phosh5.jpg
    phosh5.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,207
  • phosh3.jpg
    phosh3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2,144
  • phosh4.jpg
    phosh4.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,038
  • Screenshot from 2023-01-03 10-55-23.png
    Screenshot from 2023-01-03 10-55-23.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,767
Last edited:
pretty cool, I guess it's nice to have an option if I ever want to turn this old device into a server or maybe run pihole. Nice work!
It can actually be used as a daily driver. I have been using Droidian on another device as a daily driver for a long time now.
Because we can run both Linux apps and Android apps it is a good option as a portable computer.

gas0324

Jan 7, 2023
I followed the steps below, but the logo was black after I started

1. adb slideload .\Desktop\droidian-OFFICIAL-phosh-phone-rootfs-api28-arm64-nightly_20230109_4.zip
2. adb sideload .\Desktop\adaptation-droidian-lavender.zip
3. reboot

I followed the steps below, but the logo was black after I started

1. adb slideload .\Desktop\droidian-OFFICIAL-phosh-phone-rootfs-api28-arm64-nightly_20230109_4.zip
2. adb sideload .\Desktop\adaptation-droidian-lavender.zip
3. reboot
what is the issue you're having? did it flash everything correctly?
when you flash the adaptation package and reboot it boot up but not to the UI. it will apply the adaptation to the rootfs then reboot itself once and you should be in the OS
if in the first boot you force shutdown or reboot it the installation will fail
you can wipe data and start again
after install then reboot and don't touch your device

gas0324

Jan 7, 2023
what is the issue you're having? did it flash everything correctly?
when you flash the adaptation package and reboot it boot up but not to the UI. it will apply the adaptation to the rootfs then reboot itself once and you should be in the OS
if in the first boot you force shutdown or reboot it the installation will fail
you can wipe data and start again
after install then reboot and don't touch your device

After Debian's logo appears again, the mobile phone screen is very colored and has no content

There is not a matching file on the nightly released 30 minutes ago, and cant seem to find previous releases. Which one do i download?
if you can't find it there download this

droidian-rootfs-api28gsi-arm64_xxxxxxxx.zip

Reactions: rodrimax10

gas0324

Jan 7, 2023
This is the closest system I have used to real Linux, but I still hope it can support Docker. Why can't I run Docker?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

69109445.png

Droidian is a GNU/Linux distribution based on top of Mobian, a Debian-based distribution for mobile devices. The goal of Droidian is to be able to run Mobian on Android phones. This is accomplished by using well-known technologies such as libhybris and Halium.

Requirements​

• Android 9 firmware for your device:
      Redmi Note 7 lavender: LINK

Files​

Installation:​

• Extract the archive
    • run the flash_all script
    • Boot to fastboot and let the script flash everything.

UBports Installer

Alternatively the UBports installer can also be used to install Droidian.

Notes​

Default password​

The default password is 1234.
    List of working things can be found at https://github.com/droidian-lavender/device-page

APN​

Mobile data needs an APN to be set up from Settings -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names.

Broken mobile data after calls​

Data connection might break after receiving and making calls. Switch it off and on from Settings -> Mobile Network to fix it. Be careful to not turn off the mobile modem or a device restart might be required.

Out of storage​

By default when flashing Droidian it allocates 8GB of storage to the system. This might not be enough and luckily you can allocate more storage with ADB by running (while in recovery): adb shell e2fsck -fy /data/rootfs.img and adb shell resize2fs -f /data/rootfs.img xG where x is the amount of GB to allocate (eg: 50G for 50 GB).

SSH access​

connect your phone to your computer and type ssh droidian@10.15.19.82, the password is 1234 (on Windows, you may need PuTTY)

Applications​

You can find a list of mobile-friendly Linux applications at LinuxPhoneApps

What Works
    Manual brightness, Notification LED, Torchlight, Vibration, Carrier info, Data connection, Calls, Pin unlock, SMS, Audio routing, Voice calls, Volume control, Battery percentage, Online charging, RTC time, SDcard, Shutdown, Reboot, Bluetooth, Flight mode, Hotspot, WIFI, Auto brightness, Proximity, Rotation, Touch screen, Earphones, Loud speaker, Microphone, Waydroid

What partially works
    Camera works fine in Waydroid but in system itself its slow and requires some technical work.

What doesn't work
    GPS, Fingerprint, Offline charging, Dual SIM, Encryption

Waydroid​

Waydroid is an Android container which lets Android apps run on Linux phones with GPU acceleration with full speed.
    Waydroid works fine on Lavender.

Final Notes​

• I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Support

Thanks to the Droidian team, erfanoabdi, Danct12 and Sergio for all helping out to make this happen.
    All the sources are available at

Attached images are from different devices but the interface looks and acts the same.
    There is not a matching file on the nightly released 30 minutes ago, and cant seem to find previous releases. Which one do i download?
    if you can't find it there download this

droidian-rootfs-api28gsi-arm64_xxxxxxxx.zip
    What's the procedure to do that? Thought UBports installer can only install Ubuntu Touch
    Same way you install UT druring os selection select droidian