• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Lion Rom Stock.TW 4.3 MK5 - Knox FREE - Rooted & Deodexed

Search This thread

leeomendes

Jun 6, 2012
London
FHd5vZ0.jpg

Hi! Here I am with the new Android 4.3 Touchwiz rom. It's rooted, deodexed, knox free + does NOT flash the new bootloader (NO KNOX WARRANTY ON BOOTLOADER). It would not be possible to make it work without DerTeufel1980 kernel (Devil Kernel) - THANKS! Also THANKS to Chainfire for the SuperUser binaries + app! Since I am not a N7105 owner the development may be very slow.
I am a college student so any donation is very appreciated and will be very helpful (hahaha). Anyway, thanks everyone and enjoy the rom! :)

Code:
[SIZE="3"]*I am not responsible for bricked devices, 
dead SD cards or anything else related with this. 
*You are entirely responsible for what you're doing.
*I will, always when I can, update the thread with news and updates, 
just be calm. 
*Avoid discussion on the thread. 
*Don't quote OP.
***You've been warned*** :)[/SIZE]
------------------------

INFO

>> Based on N7105XXUEMK5 4.3
>> 4.3 Modem included (well, I am not really sure what version it is)
>> Devil Kernel (Stock wifi not working)
>> Deodexed
>> Knox Free
>> Fully rooted
>> Free of new locked bootloader

> My rom is KNOX FREE, it means you WON'T get the locked bootloader + any of the knox apps. IF you still having the old bootlader (4.1.2) without knox on it, you will NOT get any "KNOW WARRANTY: 0x0" after flashing my rom; but if you already flashed the stock 4.3 via odin and got the new bootloader, the only thing I can say to you is: AVOID ROOTING YOUR DEVICE IN CASE YOU STILL HAVING WARRANTY, KNOX 0x1 WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FOREVER. -sorry for the caps-
> I do NOT have a N7105 to test the rom, I am making it just because I am sure there is people like my friend that doesn't want the new bootloader + a fully working, rooted, stock 4.3.
> READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS to install it properly.
> I am not a pro-developer, maybe I won't be able to help you but I will make sure to help you most I can.
> I make the rom flash the new 4.3 radio (modem). If you may face any problem related with mobile signal, just exchange the modem with the one you prefer.
> For now, it is needed to flash firstly the rom .zip with stock kernel and wait for it to boot and then flash Devil kernel and after Superuser update. As I said, I am not a pro developer and I am doing what I can to make sure I delivery a good and fully working rom to you all.

------------------------

CHANGELOG

Code:
[b][COLOR="Orange"]--V1.2--[/COLOR][/b]
- Revert V1.1 -.-

[b][COLOR="Orange"]--V1.1--[/COLOR][/b]
- Correction of SU binaries + app.

[b][COLOR="Orange"]--V1.0--[/COLOR][/b]
- First release

------------------------

BUGS
- You tell me :)

------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL

1- Normal process like any rom, FULL WIPE (system, data, cache and dalvik cache);
2- Flash Lion_Rom_N7105.zip (The install may take 2+ minutes);
3- Wait for the first boot (wi-fi probably won't be working);
4- Reboot recovery and flash Devil2-1.8.1-t0lte-DUAL-20131130.zip (I tested this version myself, other versions may not be working properly) and after flash UPDATE-SuperSU 1.80.zip;
5- Enjoy!

I highly recommend you to install xposed framework and try some of the modules to adapt the rom to your own way :)

IF YOUR USB IS NOT WORKING, FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTIONS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47604798&postcount=2645 (Thanks to baddesthad for posting and trickyhurl for sharing)

*If you're having any problems on recovery, just flash latest Philz recovery and go ahead.

------------------------

DOWNLOAD

Lion Rom V1.2 - READ INSTRUCTIONS!
UPDATE Super SU v1.80
LionROM N7105 4.3 Stock Kernel
Devil2 Kernel v1.8.1
LionROM N7105 4.3 Modem

------------------------

attachment.php

*Screenshot from beta test, show different modem and stock kernel*

Thanks! Waiting feedback :)

Last edited:

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
thanks for the rom,

just wanna confirm after read the op that can be revert to 4.1.2 after flash this?
and knox change to 0x1?

Last edited:

goldenson

Nov 10, 2008
no root support!

super su message:
there is no SU binary installed and superSU cannot install it.

RobbyRobbb

Aug 17, 2012
I've run into some problems:

- SuperSU says that no SU-binary is installed and that i may need to re-root the system again
- I can't reboot into CWM because the Volume Up + Menu Button combination doesn't work now
- I can't reboot into CWM via Rom Manager as it needs root access to be able to do that

Solution: I had to flash CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100 via ODIN 3.0 (as PDA), after which i had to re-install SuperSU from the Play Store, start it up, and let it install the binaries (via CWM). I could then update CWM in Rom Manager (which was version 5.0 instead of 6.0 for some reason), reboot into recovery and finally flash the Devil kernel.

Hopefully this can be helpful to anyone who'd run into the same problems.

Last edited:

aguiamaster

Sep 16, 2008
That one do not work, I did try to install as a total mess....and to help more I was on odex

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

goldenson

Nov 10, 2008
I've run into some problems:

- SuperSU says that no SU-binary is installed and that i may need to re-root the system again
- I can't reboot into CWM because the Volume Up + Menu Button combination doesn't work now
- I can't reboot into CWM via Rom Manager as it needs root access to be able to do that

Solution: I had to flash CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100 via ODIN 3.0 (as PDA), after which i had to re-install SuperSU from the Play Store, start it up, and let it install the binaries (via CWM). I could then update CWM in Rom Manager (which was version 5.0 instead of 6.0 for some reason), reboot into recovery and finally flash the Devil kernel.

Hopefully this can be helpful to anyone who'd run into the same problems.

tht works for me, flashing the CF-Auto-Root thru Odin
thanks!

rookie_aus

Feb 16, 2009
I've just followed the instructions and have NO any issues in installation.
Able to go back to recovery and flash new kernel.
My wifi is working... will be testing it more and will report back in a few days time.

By the way, I have an international lte from hk.... oh and I was using Jedi X-17 (4.1.2) before this ROM.

Got the same error message when opening SuperSU and had to install CF-Auto-Root-t0lte-t0ltexx-gtn7105.zip via Odin3 (PDA). After this, have to install SuperSU from GooglePlay. I also installed TriangleAway.

Last edited:

R0B3RTF1SH3R

I've just followed the instructions and have NO any issues in installation.
Able to go back to recovery and flash new kernel.
My wifi is working... will be testing it more and will report back in a few days time.

By the way, I have an international lte from hk.... oh and I was using Jedi X-17 (4.1.2) before this ROM.

Got the same error message when opening SuperSU and had to install CF-Auto-Root-t0lte-t0ltexx-gtn7105.zip via Odin3 (PDA). After this, have to install SuperSU from GooglePlay. I also installed TriangleAway.

so you didnt already have 4.3 ?

zabumba

Sep 1, 2007
Lisbon
Why can't we install Devil kernel from the begining, instead of flash the stock one first and then Devil?

Thanks

rookie_aus

Feb 16, 2009
Yes that's right. I was waiting for 4.3 from Jedi but am a bit impatient and tried this one. So far so good. Running very fast.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

leeomendes

Jun 6, 2012
London
Sorry for the mess with SU, I included wrong one by mistake. It shoudn't be a problem at all as you can just go into cwm and flash UPDATE SuperUser 1.75 from Chainfire... REVERTING AND UPLOADING V1.1

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: antique_sonic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FHd5vZ0.jpg

Hi! Here I am with the new Android 4.3 Touchwiz rom. It's rooted, deodexed, knox free + does NOT flash the new bootloader (NO KNOX WARRANTY ON BOOTLOADER). It would not be possible to make it work without DerTeufel1980 kernel (Devil Kernel) - THANKS! Also THANKS to Chainfire for the SuperUser binaries + app! Since I am not a N7105 owner the development may be very slow.
    I am a college student so any donation is very appreciated and will be very helpful (hahaha). Anyway, thanks everyone and enjoy the rom! :)

Code:
    [SIZE="3"]*I am not responsible for bricked devices, 
    dead SD cards or anything else related with this. 
    *You are entirely responsible for what you're doing.
    *I will, always when I can, update the thread with news and updates, 
    just be calm. 
    *Avoid discussion on the thread. 
    *Don't quote OP.
    ***You've been warned*** :)[/SIZE]
    ------------------------

INFO

>> Based on N7105XXUEMK5 4.3
    >> 4.3 Modem included (well, I am not really sure what version it is)
    >> Devil Kernel (Stock wifi not working)
    >> Deodexed
    >> Knox Free
    >> Fully rooted
    >> Free of new locked bootloader

> My rom is KNOX FREE, it means you WON'T get the locked bootloader + any of the knox apps. IF you still having the old bootlader (4.1.2) without knox on it, you will NOT get any "KNOW WARRANTY: 0x0" after flashing my rom; but if you already flashed the stock 4.3 via odin and got the new bootloader, the only thing I can say to you is: AVOID ROOTING YOUR DEVICE IN CASE YOU STILL HAVING WARRANTY, KNOX 0x1 WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FOREVER. -sorry for the caps-
    > I do NOT have a N7105 to test the rom, I am making it just because I am sure there is people like my friend that doesn't want the new bootloader + a fully working, rooted, stock 4.3.
    > READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS to install it properly.
    > I am not a pro-developer, maybe I won't be able to help you but I will make sure to help you most I can.
    > I make the rom flash the new 4.3 radio (modem). If you may face any problem related with mobile signal, just exchange the modem with the one you prefer.
    > For now, it is needed to flash firstly the rom .zip with stock kernel and wait for it to boot and then flash Devil kernel and after Superuser update. As I said, I am not a pro developer and I am doing what I can to make sure I delivery a good and fully working rom to you all.

------------------------

CHANGELOG

Code:
    [b][COLOR="Orange"]--V1.2--[/COLOR][/b]
    - Revert V1.1 -.-

[b][COLOR="Orange"]--V1.1--[/COLOR][/b]
    - Correction of SU binaries + app.

[b][COLOR="Orange"]--V1.0--[/COLOR][/b]
    - First release

------------------------

BUGS
    - You tell me :)

------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL

1- Normal process like any rom, FULL WIPE (system, data, cache and dalvik cache);
    2- Flash Lion_Rom_N7105.zip (The install may take 2+ minutes);
    3- Wait for the first boot (wi-fi probably won't be working);
    4- Reboot recovery and flash Devil2-1.8.1-t0lte-DUAL-20131130.zip (I tested this version myself, other versions may not be working properly) and after flash UPDATE-SuperSU 1.80.zip;
    5- Enjoy!

I highly recommend you to install xposed framework and try some of the modules to adapt the rom to your own way :)

IF YOUR USB IS NOT WORKING, FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTIONS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47604798&postcount=2645 (Thanks to baddesthad for posting and trickyhurl for sharing)

*If you're having any problems on recovery, just flash latest Philz recovery and go ahead.

------------------------

DOWNLOAD

Lion Rom V1.2 - READ INSTRUCTIONS!
    UPDATE Super SU v1.80
    LionROM N7105 4.3 Stock Kernel
    Devil2 Kernel v1.8.1
    LionROM N7105 4.3 Modem

------------------------

attachment.php

*Screenshot from beta test, show different modem and stock kernel*

Thanks! Waiting feedback :)
    Air command coming with all those Note 3 features in next 1.3. It will be this week, as soon I get some free time from college/work :)

I am not dead. Pc got a virus and I had to format, linux/kitchen is gone It will take a little while to come back. Hopefully I will be able to release it next week :)

It will be released around Thursday. I got some college work to do so still not soooooo sure. Anyway, its all working except for sone wipe data problem... kernel or something. We ( E-Team) are working hard to fix it. Take care everyone :)