[ROM][LMI][11] Xiaomi.eu Weekly | Stable MIUI 12 for Redmi K30 Pro/Zoom/Poco F2 Pro

Search This thread

Lethalben

Nov 16, 2017
But full wipe and format data is doing the same, you need reinstall and configure every app and waste a tons of hours

Format data is the best way for unwanted error during next flash.
And for be honest, this is not tons of hours, but may be 1/2 hours.
Do what you want. ;)

dhaern

Feb 6, 2017
EGS-zs8-1
Format data is the best way for unwanted error during next flash.
And for be honest, this is not tons of hours, but may be 1/2 hours.
Do what you want. ;)

lol 1/2 hour? are u kidding me? i need a full 6-8 hours or even more to config every app, settings, import data again and manage it when I clean install.

Lethalben

Nov 16, 2017
lol 1/2 hour? are u kidding me? i need a full 6-8 hours or even more to config every app, settings, import data again and manage it when I clean install.

6-8 hours? Are you kidding me? Somedays I install 2 or 3 roms for test. And many apps doesn't need a lot of config, just a login and password.
Miui and android are fast for reinstall all apps.

n00bDroid

Jun 12, 2011
Stuck in the loop!
After messing around too much I can't get out of TWRP bootloop. I've read a lot in this post and found that many others faced much the same problem as I do. I forgot to format data on first attempt, and had wrong version of TWRP (used MaurinoFrio, now have 3.4.1.) I have access to TWRP, I can flash xiaomi.eu ROM, but after wipe and reboot system, I end up in TWRP again. I've tried to format, reboot, flash, wipe and reboot system without any luck. Most of the times I have what seems to be success (no error at least) and other times I get Error 7 during flash. Tried XiaomiTool V2.. Anybody who found their way out who can help me?

Lethalben

Nov 16, 2017
Stuck in the loop!
After messing around too much I can't get out of TWRP bootloop. I've read a lot in this post and found that many others faced much the same problem as I do. I forgot to format data on first attempt, and had wrong version of TWRP (used MaurinoFrio, now have 3.4.1.) I have access to TWRP, I can flash xiaomi.eu ROM, but after wipe and reboot system, I end up in TWRP again. I've tried to format, reboot, flash, wipe and reboot system without any luck. Most of the times I have what seems to be success (no error at least) and other times I get Error 7 during flash. Tried XiaomiTool V2.. Anybody who found their way out who can help me?

Did you format data (type "yes") or wipe data?

Stuck in the loop!

Try with this :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKxK-nNjyflbU_-pn--R2DEHfvfwJ5A2/view
Format data(if see red ligne,reboot ant format data),reboot,wipe,install rom,reboot.

Curunir

May 21, 2009
K30 Pro Zoom here, I dirty flashed xiaomi.eu from 12.0.8 android 10 to 12.1.3 android 11 and im in the bugfest, crash and freeze boat, yt videos stuttering and stopping, phone random restart when I use it too much, sounds are laggy asf and more garbage... funny how this build is tagged as "stable". I used latest mauronofrio 3.4.0-14 TWRP to dirty flash it, also using latest Magisk Canary to root and a few modules like audio modification library, Viper4android, improved gps, wifi bonding, cloudflare DNS.

So weird. I've taken the exact same upgrade path (dirty flash 12.1.3 over 12.0.8) but haven't had any of those issues. Maybe some apps or settings specifically are not compatible?

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

This. It's become progressively worse as Android matures.

A few years ago it was possible to backup and restore the majority of apps flawlessly with TitaniumBackup. Nowadays, half of them don't restore properly, need re-initialization, re-authorization, login, downloading of additional data packs etc. etc.

Backup and restoring data properly has become a several hour job. When there are all those tools built into the OS that are supposed to make it easier.

hoshos2006

Sep 7, 2012
kuwait city
Can any body confirm or not does miui 12 consume more battery than miui 11.

I updated to miui 12 immediately after buying poco f2 pro and don't know if it deserve to downgrade to miui 11,. I care about battery backup

Thanks in advance

So weird. I've taken the exact same upgrade path (dirty flash 12.1.3 over 12.0.8) but haven't had any of those issues. Maybe some apps or settings specifically are not compatible?

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

A few years ago it was possible to backup and restore the majority of apps flawlessly with TitaniumBackup. Nowadays, half of them don't restore properly, need re-initialization, re-authorization, login, downloading of additional data packs etc. etc.

Backup and restoring data properly has become a several hour job. When there are all those tools built into the OS that are supposed to make it easier.

Make a google backup on drive save your data.(work on android 10)

Last edited:

Curunir

May 21, 2009
I do. I restored everything off Google drive when I migrated from Poco F1 to Poco F2 Pro. But for most of them the data/state of the app was lost and I had to re-initialize. Some I could restore through t
TitaniumBackup, but lots of times TitaniumBackup doesn't work either.

So for example with many games you can restore progress through your play games profile or a game-specific account. But I don't consider that to be a real backup. That's just as if you installed an app for the first time, whereas I've already set up so many apps in a way that's specific to my liking. All the data that's only saved locally just doesn't get backed up through the Google backup. Same issue with the banking, credit and utility apps which I have to re authenticate. Other things such as text messages don't get backed up at all.

A lot of Android backup implementations are downright janky. WhatsApp for example. I can only restore by installing the app as if it were new? And only from a Gdrive backup? And I can't migrate my WhatsApp data from Android to Apple and vice versa? Wth is that.

Luckily WhatsApp is one of the few apps where TitaniumBackup can still do a full state backup. Essentially TB used to be like a full TWRP/Nandroid backup but for individual apps. Now that functionality seems lost. and I don't know whether any modern apps can replicate it.

Last edited:

n00bDroid

Jun 12, 2011
Use TWRP v3.4.2b. Then wipe Dalvik, cache, data > mount all partitions (this step is very important) > flash ROM > (phone boots to TWRP again) > format data > reboot to system then that's it.
When you say "mount all partitions".... I have a very long list.. Including Provider, Bluetooth, Persist etc.. You probably mean just a few like System, Vendor, Data, Cache..?

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Use TWRP v3.4.2b. Then wipe Dalvik, cache, data > mount all partitions (this step is very important) > flash ROM > (phone boots to TWRP again) > format data > reboot to system then that's it.

Also, format data after a flash? Won't that delete my ROM?

batuken

• When you say "mount all partitions".... I have a very long list.. Including Provider, Bluetooth, Persist etc.. You probably mean just a few like System, Vendor, Data, Cache..?

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Also, format data after a flash? Won't that delete my ROM?
    Mount all partitions as in all tickable partitions. And nope - formatting data is just erasing the whole data partition itself including the media directory, excluding the system partition.

dhaern

Feb 6, 2017
    EGS-zs8-1

Did you use Mauronofrio TWRP or chinese 3.4.2b version? I will try uninstall and check a few apps. I dirty flashed many xiaomi devices upgrading android version MIUI and never had a problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ... yes? which is based one the China one? that wasn't updated since the beginning of january? i know?
      i'm not talking about the devs of xiaomi.eu and their rom because when a China Stable update is avaible, the update of their rom based on it is availaible not a long time after.
      i'm talking of the fact that xiaomi didn't push a real update of their china rom (with security update i mean) for almost 3 months.
      As I told you before, this is not the right thread and even the right forum. You want to know why Xiaomi does not publish updates fast enough, ask the question on the Xiaomi forum https://c.mi.com/global/forum-2703-1.html or https://c.po.co/global/circle/circledetail/10008(Recurrent question on these forums without answer obviously).

Otherwise if you want a Rom with April security, install the latest weekly EU Rom or do like the others, wait.(for another buggy update).
      Cheers.
      Are there any new updates on the stable version?
      Edit:23/04
      HMK30Pro_V12.2.4.0.RJKCNXM is out...
      Does latest stable 12.2.4 needs magisk to pass safetynet?
      Mine passes without magisk
      Any noticeable changes on the new 12.2.4 build?
      Not much just updating the security, I tried it and I quickly returned to the weekly (brightness at 85% on the stable and 55% on the weekly for the same effect).
      XIAOMI.EU MIUI

Xiaomi.eu released their version of MIUI for Redmi K30 Pro / Zoom Edition / Poco F2 Pro
      Weekly Beta and Stable are based on Android 11
      Both Weekly Beta and Stable are based on China Rom
      Xiaomi.eu forums: here

INFORMATION & FEATURES

So why is this rom important for us?
      The answer is very simple, Its a good replacement for a global rom.
      This marks the beginning of Redmi K30 Pro / Zoom Edition / Poco F2 Pro custom roms development and I hope that we are going to get more roms from the community and developers.

Ill be updating the thread with every new weekly release for Redmi K30 Pro / Zoom Edition / Poco F2 Pro and with every stable release.
      Have a great day and happy flashing

Features of the EU ROM:
      Based on China Stable / Weekly builds
      Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
      3way reboot menu (in dev settings)
      Dark Mode (Night Mode) for all devices
      Removed ads in MIUI system apps
      MIUI Dialer and Messages apps
      Face Unlock for all devices
      Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
      Steps counter in Assistant screen
      More shortcuts on left lockscreen
      Wake up gestures for all devices
      AI preloading option in MIUI Lab for all devices
      Fullscreen gestures for all devices
      Option to auto-expand first notification
      Notifications priority settings
      More edit options in Gallery app
      Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
      Added landscape mode for SMS app
      Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
      Google apps support integrated
      Removed 5GHz region restrictions
      Confirm dials from call logs
      Morning report on alarm at morning
      More apps supported for AOD notifications
      More styles for AOD screen
      Raise to wake gesture
      AOD notification received animation
      Default volume control stream toggle
      Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
      More Camera features
      Double tap to lock screen
      Battery AI scenes
      Allowed disabling specific system apps
      Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
      No useless Chinese bloatware apps
      More free RAM due to less background processes
      Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
      Advanced menu with color icons
      No any Chinese character under the full system
      Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
      No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
      Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
      Added EU T9 dialer support
      Added charging sound switch
      Added Screen-OFF animation
      Optimized GPS settings for EU
      Optimized Battery consumption
      Optimized RAM consumption
      Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
      Added more icons grid layout 4x5, 4x6, 4x7, 5x5, 5x6, 5x7 (depends on device)
      SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
      Play Store Certified
      Deodexed
      Added automated tasks in Security app
      Added game speed booster
      Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
      Fixed low volume sound via headphone
      Charging screen for all devices
      Widevine L1 (for supported devices)
      And more, and more made by our 9 years MIUI mods experience.

INSTALLATION & UPDATE

Installation Instructions:
      - Make sure your bootloader is unlocked!
      - Boot into stock rom and copy Xiaomi EU rom to root of internal storage.
      - Boot to TWRP recovery
      - Mount all the possible partitions
      - Install rom
      - Wipe your data,cache,Internal storage,dalvik DONT WIPE SYSTEM OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
      - Reboot your device.
      - You'll be rebooted into twrp. Now format data and reboot

Update Instructions:
      - Boot to TWRP recovery mode
      - Mount all the possible partitions
      - Wipe Cache, dalvik
      - Using MTP or OTG copy the new rom to your device
      - Flash the new rom
      - Wipe cache and dalvik
      - Reboot

DOWNLOADS

Weekly Beta
      [21.4.28][Android 11]
      CHANGELOG
      System

Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to May 2021 [most of devices]

Control center
      Fix - Couldn't scroll on Control center toggles in landscape mode

Always-on display
      Fix - Date wasn't displayed properly while English was set as system language

Gallery
      New - New photo filters: Chime, Ginger, Mango, Yore, Tangerine, Charlotte

Fixed

Crash when log-tapping an entry in Recent calls.
      Callconfirmation dialog has AOSP layout instead of MIUI layout.
      When dialing a number manually, "Recents" title bar is overlaying the Recents/Contacts tab bar.

Next MIUI weekly release will be released on 14 May

This update will replace your TWRP with the working one for Redmi K30 Pro

Download
      : here

---------------------------------

Stable
      When switching between Weekly and Stable roms, you must Format Data
      [V12.2.4.0.RJKCNXM][Android 11]
      Download
      : here

PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS ON THE BUGS SECTION ON THE XIAOMI.EU FORUMS AND NOT HERE!! IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR BUGS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN WITH YOUR DEVICE.
      ALL THE CREDITS GO TO XIAOMI.EU TEAM
      maybe we should ask @mauronofrio to build a working twrp. maybe he is capable of fixing that.

Soon it will come
      My First impressions and "guide" of installation:

-Installation:
      The installation of MIUI 12 .eu (stable) in completely linear, and without surprises for anyone who is familiar with adb / fastboot in my case, starting from EEA 11.0.6.0:

a) Unlock BootLoader after 7 days waiting
      b) Boot (not flash) TWRP (twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150). Personally, unless it is strictly necessary, I never overwrite the recovery, I always boot it from fastboot when I need it with "fastboot boot twrp.img". Luckily, it perfectly detects encryption and is capable of unlocking all partitions.
      c) Sideload eu Redmi30Pro stable MIUI 12
      d) Wipe Data / Factory from TWRP and Reboot system.
      e) Automatically the phone enter in the original Recovery, so Wipe / Factory again from it and reboot. Take some minutes.
      f) Now boot fine, wizard... everything works fine at this point

-Post Installation: Root (Optional)
      a) Boot TWRP again
      b) Sideload Magisk last version
      c) Reboot
      d) Installation of Magisk Manager apk and the modules you want
      e) Reboot. Everything works perfectly

-Post Installation: Change the boot logo (Redmi) to the Original (Poco Logo) (Optional)
      a) Flash logo.img from original EEA ROM with fastboot: "fastboot flash logo logo.img"
      b) fastboot Reboot -> Logo restored, work perfectly.

-Post Installation: Xposed (Optional)
      a) Installation of the Magisk Modules riku-core and riku YAHFA, Reboot.
      b) EdXposed Manager installation apk
      c) Run it and Verify that it works correctly. If it says installed but not started, uninstall EdXposed Manager, install EdXposed Installer, reboot phone, run EdXposed Installer (it will say it is not installed), uninstall Installer, Install Manager again. Now everything should be correct
      d) Reboot, check that everything is correct now, so install / enable the Xposed modules that you want.

-----------------------

Comments:

In general it works well. Personally I would have stayed with the EEA, but I wanted to try the EU, the clone camera options, and take a look at MIUI 12. Although the EU removes quite a bit of bloatware from the original Chinese ROM, personally they still leave quite a bit of things useless. Nothing anyway that cannot be solved with root, and a general cleaning.

I don't like the control panel, I was "hard" to find the option to revert back the usual notification / action bar.

The Launcher has improved a lot, but I still like Poco more. Some options are missed, starting with being able to put more than 5 icons in the dock without modifying the desktop icons.

The "SuperWallpapers" are funny, but I honestly don't see them for everyday use, I prefer a static image for both the lock screen and the desktop.

Night Mode works quite well, although some older applications, from the days when everything was white, have readability problems, due to the colors of the fonts. But they have been very isolated cases.

The camera gives good results, very different from the MIUI 11 EEA camera. Night mode does a pretty decent job, not as good as Google's camera but it comes very close, and it's much faster. Of course, the Google camera will allow us to do night mode with the ultrawide sensor.

All this only in a few hours, so more to come :)
      Example of Custom Module in Magisk?

Do you know an aternative magisk module to install system apps?? why everyone have success installing the adreno drivers or youtube vanced and im the only one with this error??

Its quite simple.

In current systems, any modification in System or Vendor will produce a bootloop, since the integrity of the boot is compromised. For these and many other reasons Magisk was created, to be "systemless". But Magisk also gives us the necessary tools to be able to replace, delete, or add any file we want. This does not cause a bootloop because the original file is not actually being overwritten on a physical level, but is mounted separately, and Magisk masks it

Another approach will be completely disable dm-verify, but is not simple in most cases. dm-verify bits live on fstab, and each phone can "hide" this in very different places (and multiple). Maybe this could work (not tested, so be careful) or maybe not

The Magisk documentation is straightforward. The only thing to do is create a module that makes the changes in system / vendor that we want to make. There are two ways to do it:

The simplest, at least for me, is to directly create the module on the phone itself, copying \ creating the necessary files in the specific path. Magisk does it almost automatically, it's simple. Since they are their own "modules" and generally not useful to others, this is the best option

The second option is to create the installable module. This is not very complicated either, it is the modules that we usually download in .zip and from Magisk we install. It is similar to the first case, but you must add some more files. The advantage is that it is more "exportable" for other users.

A real example,. we want to add a System App, FakeGPS, because FakeGPS in System don't need mock location to be enabled.

All we need is the Apk File and root access (recovery/SSHServer/adb/root explorer...

1º. Create our Module folder at "/data/adb/modules", for example: /data/adb/modules/ModMyFiles
      2º. Inside, create or file file, "module.prop," its contain Module info:

id=ModMyFiles
      name=ModMyFiles
      version=v1.0
      versionCode=1
      author=Theliel
      description=Mod My System Files

3º. Create (in this case) our file structure. Any file/folder, will "replace" de original file or add its. So, in this example, we create a new folder "system", and again inside, another folder "app", and inside another folder "FakeGPS", and inside we copy FakeGPS.apk file. Complete structure should be similar to:

- /data/adb/modules/ModMyFiles
      --system
      ----app
      ------FakeGPS
      --------FakeGPS.apk
      --module.prop

If all is right, once finished, we can to enable our new Module on Magisk Manager, reboot, and a new System App :)

You can use the same module to add any other apps, Drivers... or anything you want
      12.2.1 works well for me. I've encountered one ui bug where if I switch to the apps running screen and back to my home screen sometimes the switching animation will play over and over and nothing happens. But I can still switch back using the home button so it's no that big of a deal. Might be related to running nova launcher.

An annoyance is that there's still no proper gesture support. Also, the battery life seems not that great compared to the earlier A10 roms.

As for weeklies, afaik they're a hot mess. I couldn't upgrade from stable to weekly no matter what I tried (short of wiping my phones entire internal storage, which is not an option.)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone