Votes: 38 58.5%
  • 5.0.2 [Oldest but more ram]

Votes: 27 41.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sagdev

May 2, 2013
[ROM] [lolipop 5.1.1] [omni] [NAND] LionDroid V7

Good build , working great , appreciate your work.
Thank u
one problem observed no 3G network,its working only with 2G. Is it a bug ? .
Hope for the best
Thank u

Dev.

Mar 14, 2013
thank you for the amazing rom
but i think that the apollo is better than the shuttle
can you make a flashable zip for that?

Renth

May 1, 2012
Thanks a lot! Works really impressive!

I used GearCM. For this I reflashed Bade 2.0 and afterwards installed this ROM. Only thing is that I cannot select any sounds. At first no ring sound, no alarm no notification sound nothing was selectable. After a first test call (called my mobile from landline) I can now choose between "none" and the sound which was played as ring sound (IMHO it is the one which was previously used in GearCM).

Any idea how to get back the collection of ringtones noises etc. to choose from? Should I have done a swipe before or after flashing bada2.0?
Solved(somehow): Got them out of an earlier ROM (5.0.2) and copied them into appropriate sub dirs using ES Explorer (since fo does not provide root access).
(In another attempt I patched the ROM and included all sound files. Strange thing: Sound selection for ringtones, alarms etc. now shows every entry twice, even though it resides only once each within system/media/audio/... - do not know why, this is really strange!)

Other thing is that I cannot create a calendar using business calender. Is this related to the missing calendar storage app (think it is calendar provider)? Could you include this one again please in next version? Many thanks in advance!

Where can I get calender storage apk (calendar provider) for this ROM in meantime? Do I also have to install calendar.apk even though if I use different calendar app?
Solved too(somehow): If I recognized correctly apks are from CodeRom.

BTW: Just as experience report: I installed some apps including Link2SD (which moves everything automatically onto external SD which saves lots of internal memory), Chronus + vclouds, Whatsapp, BusinessCalendar, ES Explorer, Skype, youversion, MyPhoneExplorer (for sync with outlook) etc.
Now I experienced quite high battery drain, need still to find out which apps are responsible. I deactivated weather on chronus and finally uninstalled chronus, ES Explorer and vclouds.
Do you have any other suspects amongst the above ones? Chronus at least seems to me one of the major ones regarding battery drain - whatsapp does not take so much of it at least for my experience. But I could not find any alternative yet regarding chronus. Like and need it for showing me date, time, next appointments and weather on my start screen (with CM it also shows some of them on lock screen and within CM where it comes as clock it never used so much battery - had it running for weeks). Any hints appreciated.

Still really impressive how smooth and battery gentle (as clean install) this ROM is running on my GT-S8500! Really great!

BTW: Had used swapper for root but uninstalled it. Can I use swapping on SD card somehow in addition to ZRAM in order to get more memory (have a class 10 installed)? Can I use tools like "Zram Settings Free" or "Kernel Adiutor (ROOT)" or "Mounts2SD" for it? Or whats the recommended procedure?

Also some apps are not working like TripAdvisor and Here Maps (the first one maybe due to lacking of mem - but not sure when reading logcat output, the 2nd one suffers from the problem described here - will try to fix it like described).

Last edited:

Renth

May 1, 2012
Thanks again for your great work!

Sorry for asking maybe known stuff: What is the easiest way for updating from V7? So far I always flashed bada2.0 before flashing a new Liondroid version.

aboyazan78

Mar 2, 2014
Damascus
Thanx bro for the update .. will download and try it soon
@nima.yavari
any chance to have tv-out back in this rom ?
will appreciate that coz now i stuck with ur omni kk rom and it has tv-out working like a charm

Last edited:

Phred75

Jan 30, 2008
Ottawa
Great job on getting 5.1.1 running on such an old phone BUT unfortunately that little device runs quite sluggish with it and cellular connectivity is quite iffy though that could be because I may have the wrong radio flashed.

Last edited:

barbe31

Jul 20, 2015
Toulouse
I have the same kind of problem with GearCM rom. Although the rom is very well polished, working really fast with my S8500 I still have many problems during conversation.
I don't need the last android version so is there a rom out there that we are sure is working flawlessly (particularly radio)?

barbe31

Jul 20, 2015
Toulouse
So I tried this rom.

I do not totally agree with Phred75. As for GearCM this rom runs very smoothly, is stable, the apps I use are working very well. The battery usage seems even better than GearCM.
BUT I agree on cellular connectivity. It is the same as GearCM. I can't have a normal conversation and a few seconds after the call I can't understand the caller. I can do eveything except make a call. So sad.

I hope somebody can tell me how to improve this point.

Manuelpm

Feb 11, 2016
nice

Smooth... I can play some games with 5.1.1 on samsung wave s58000... And no lag, too i can use it without overclock (on v7 i using wave with overclock for stop lags). Very nice work.
On v7 phone was on 4 days without using, only alarms on morning.

Last edited:

bhupender90

Apr 1, 2016
Delhi
Issue in rooting

:confused: I have rooted phone sucessfully as i got "successfull" message..but after rebooting ..there is no app of supersu.
even i have tried it after clearing cache but the issue still persist:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone