• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Lollipop] [V0.5] [06/28/2015] FreedomROM

I'm thinking about naming this FreedomROM. Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DROIDRAZ

Aug 25, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm really loving the look of this. Great work!

Not sure if youre collecting enhancements or bugs but noticed a couple of things:

Long press power button only has power off option.

And in settings grid view I'm seeing this icon in the middle of the screen:
View attachment 3299306

Stock AOSP only has power off, but in the next update I will add reboot and the other options back.

I will look into that icon for you though

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

mi6300m

Sep 25, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I do very much love the ROM... but a couple other bugs i'm noticing, the Dialer App doesn't seem to show your favorite contacts under the "Speed Dialer" option. I've about 9 favorites but only one appears and it's not the first one, just randomly selected one.

Another bug is when using Google Play Music, it randomly force closes and when it comes back up, AudioFX and Soundalive both force close.
Plus also when going into Google Music to select which AudioDSP app to use, no matter what what you select Soundalive always comes up.

Last edited:

mrjiggywiggy

Nov 4, 2014
New York
Nexus 6 SystemUI
I am providing anyone who is feeling risky to try this on their device. In most cases it has not worked, but on occasion it does. Once it starts working, it will work until you do something to your system. There are occasional SystemUI crashes when the signal is changing, but it restarts itself after a couple of seconds. If you are going to try this, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PHONE. This is very important in case it fails to work. The problem is that it keeps crashing, so it is very difficult to do anything.

Nexus 6 SystemUI Test

Move the file to /system/priv-app/SystemUI and set permissions.

I can't seem to install the systemui using your method. It always crashes on me when I move it and change permissions, which I have to reboot to do anyway. Any chance you or someone else could create a zip we could flash to install the systemui?

NSDroider

Jul 22, 2014
I've been running this for several days wo any issues. I love the look and feel. It would be nice to get rid of the google widget. I changed to Apex launcher to do that but would rather have the "stock" one. Also prefer my old Samsung keyboard to the default one. But otherwise great. Anyone have backup suggestions? Was doing nandroid and titanium backups for a full solution prior to this and lost safestrap.

Armaiz

May 2, 2015
Nova Launcher is better. Light, fast, and you can disable the search bar.

Use FlashFire for your flashing/backup needs.

I've been running this for several days wo any issues. I love the look and feel. It would be nice to get rid of the google widget. I changed to Apex launcher to do that but would rather have the "stock" one. Also prefer my old Samsung keyboard to the default one. But otherwise great. Anyone have backup suggestions? Was doing nandroid and titanium backups for a full solution prior to this and lost safestrap.

I use L launcher. Same exact thing as google except full customization. So you can disable google now. Alternatively you can uninstall google to remove google now.

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
I can't seem to install the systemui using your method. It always crashes on me when I move it and change permissions, which I have to reboot to do anyway. Any chance you or someone else could create a zip we could flash to install the systemui?

Move the SystemUI to the system folder first then set permissions there then move it from system folder into the system/priv-app folder

Reactions: mrjiggywiggy

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
And remove the old system UI right? Do we put it in the system/priv-app/SystemUI folder or just system/priv-app?
In the systemui folder just move in there and replace the original. SystemUI. This will work for some but not other. If it FC your only means is to put the stock one back in then try a flashing it. Its actually a good Idea to always flash the SystemUi because when it FC your kinda screwed.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I have most of the FC issues fixed with the Nexus UI. I have been working on this a long time! I actually had a zip to flash asop apps and theme but since this rom is posted I will just pass my stuff to OP. He is doing a nice job! I have the AOSP settings mostly working but there is still problems with that. Probably just easier to them the stock one to look like it

Last edited:

mrjiggywiggy

Nov 4, 2014
New York
Move the SystemUI to the system folder first then set permissions there then move it from system folder into the system/priv-app folder

It works now! Thanks for your help!

Now that it works the only problem I'm having is the battery saver pops up even when my phone is above 85% (I haven't tested with higher) saying that my phone is low on charge. It appears randomly when not plugged in unless I enable it and disable it, which isn't THAT big of a deal, but if it can be fixed somehow that would be great. Every so often I get an FC, but not often enough to concern me. Just a quick tap on "OK" and all better.

DROIDRAZ

Aug 25, 2012
Los Angeles
It works now! Thanks for your help!

Now that it works the only problem I'm having is the battery saver pops up even when my phone is above 85% (I haven't tested with higher) saying that my phone is low on charge. It appears randomly when not plugged in unless I enable it and disable it, which isn't THAT big of a deal, but if it can be fixed somehow that would be great. Every so often I get an FC, but not often enough to concern me. Just a quick tap on "OK" and all better.

You can just swipe it away and it won't come back unless you put it back on the charger.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm caused to your device as a result of installing this ROM.

Introduction
    BorxExo.png

This is FreedomROM. FreedomROM is about giving you the freedom to do what you want with YOUR device. It allows you to escape the ugliness of Touchwiz and start fresh. Android is about choice, and that is how it should be.

Screenshots

Features
    • Deodexed
    • Debloated
    • Removed Samsung apps
    • AOSP sounds
    • AOSP Apps (Google Dialer, Clock, Messenger, Google Camera, etc.)
    • Google Now Launcher
    • Themed framework-res
    • AOSP Icons
    • Cyanogenmod AudioFx and Music (Viper Replacement)

Installation Instructions
    This ROM can be installed in either FlashFire or Safestrap

5.0 Install Instructions
    • Install FlashFire FlashFire (It's free)
    • Press "+"
    • Press "Wipe"
    • Check "System Data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partition" and press checkmark
    • Press "+" again
    • Press "Flash ZIP or OTA"
    • Navigate to where you have ROM downloaded
    • Press checkmark
    • Press "Flash"

4.4 Install Instructions
    • Install FlashFire FlashFire (It's free)
    • Press "+"
    • Press "Wipe"
    • Check "System Data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partition" and press checkmark
    • Press "+" again
    • Press "Flash ZIP or OTA"
    • Navigate to where you have ROM downloaded
    • Press checkmark
    • Press "Reboot" card
    • Select "Download"
    • Press "Flash"
    • When FlashFire reboots to download mode, flash OC4 firmware in Odin Link
    • Done!

Downloads

To Do
    • Finish theming Settings
    • Merge signal and data icons

Bugs
    • Short lag when placing call
    • Samsung Account not syncing Removed Samsung Account

Changelog
    Version 0.1:
    • Initial Release
    Version 0.2:
    • Fixed Notification Padding
    • Changed default wallpaper to stock Android
    • Removed SoundAlive
    • Fixed Google Play Music crash
    Version 0.3:
    • Themed SystemUI
    • Changed default lockscreen wallpaper
    • Debloated some more apps
    • Added AOSP Wifi and Signal icons
    • Added "Reboot" and "Airplane mode" to power menu
    • Updated system apps
    • Added new Google Photos
    • Added Google Docs
    • Added M Developer Preview Camera
    Version 0.4:
    • Added "FreedomROM Mods" app
    • Enabled navigation bar mod
    • Install Nexus SystemUI
    • Install Stock SystemUI
    Version 0.5:
    • Added 3Minit Nexus SystemUI
    • Added 3Minit Stock SystemUI
    • Fixed stock bugs and crashes when using TW Dialer
    • Fixed notification color bug in Nexus SystemUI
    • Added more AOSP theming

Donation
    If anybody would like to donate, here is the link: Donations
    Thank you all for all of your support!

Credits
    • @jrkruse for the base ROM
    • Google - for Android
    • Samsung - for this phone
    • 3Minit Development - for the 3Minit mods
    • Cyanogenmod - Music and AudioFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    FreedomROM, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    DROIDRAZ
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 0.5
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-28

Created 2015-05-02
    Last Updated 2015-06-28
    Nexus 6 SystemUI
    I am providing anyone who is feeling risky to try this on their device. In most cases it has not worked, but on occasion it does. Once it starts working, it will work until you do something to your system. There are occasional SystemUI crashes when the signal is changing, but it restarts itself after a couple of seconds. If you are going to try this, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PHONE. This is very important in case it fails to work. The problem is that it keeps crashing, so it is very difficult to do anything.

Nexus 6 SystemUI Test

Move the file to /system/priv-app/SystemUI and set permissions.
    Hey everyone. I'd just like to apologize for my absence. I've been busy with school and stuff and I haven't really had time for updating this ROM. I've actually switched to T-Mobile and got a G4 but I still have my S5. I just don't know how long I'll have it though. I will be attempting to update it to OG5 but I'm not sure how long that will take. I just want to say thank you for all of your support.
    I've decided that I am also going to work on a mod app.

1434283337344.jpg

And remove the old system UI right? Do we put it in the system/priv-app/SystemUI folder or just system/priv-app?
    In the systemui folder just move in there and replace the original. SystemUI. This will work for some but not other. If it FC your only means is to put the stock one back in then try a flashing it. Its actually a good Idea to always flash the SystemUi because when it FC your kinda screwed.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I have most of the FC issues fixed with the Nexus UI. I have been working on this a long time! I actually had a zip to flash asop apps and theme but since this rom is posted I will just pass my stuff to OP. He is doing a nice job! I have the AOSP settings mostly working but there is still problems with that. Probably just easier to them the stock one to look like it