[ROM] [Lollipop] [V0.5] [06/28/2015] FreedomROM

I'm thinking about naming this FreedomROM. Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

4cid

May 10, 2015
Atlanta
I got to the point when it only FC's when I press the volume buttons. Much like some other person,I forgot his name. (Sorry bro). Still messing around with it though.
Im totally new to all this android stuff (just switched from iOS, yeet yeet) and I don't completely understand how to do this....So...i installed the ROM, put the Nexus UI in the /system/ folder, then deleted regular ui out of the /system/priv-app/SystemUI folder, then put the nexus ui in there and it just kept saying System UI has stopped OVER AND OVER no matter how many times i rebooted. OP said i needed to change permissions?? What permissions? And what does FC mean?
How do you get it to only crash when you press volume down? Cause i can live with that.
My current skill consists of knowing how to root and flash things, simple basic understanding of ROMs and a little knowledge of the benefits of rooting. Like i said i'm new.

zimgir124

Im totally new to all this android stuff (just switched from iOS, yeet yeet) and I don't completely understand how to do this....So...i installed the ROM, put the Nexus UI in the /system/ folder, then deleted regular ui out of the /system/priv-app/SystemUI folder, then put the nexus ui in there and it just kept saying System UI has stopped OVER AND OVER no matter how many times i rebooted. OP said i needed to change permissions?? What permissions? And what does FC mean?
How do you get it to only crash when you press volume down? Cause i can live with that.
My current skill consists of knowing how to root and flash things, simple basic understanding of ROMs and a little knowledge of the benefits of rooting. Like i said i'm new.

FC means Force Close.
Move the UI to the /system, then Change permissions to 644( I think) then move it to priv-app. Reboot and it should work

4cid

May 10, 2015
Atlanta
FC means Force Close.
Move the UI to the /system, then Change permissions to 644( I think) then move it to priv-app. Reboot and it should work

664.....mmmm. Right. I feel really stupid. I dont know what this means or how to do it....Sorry im so noobish. Idk if this helps but the file browser im using is FX File Browser with the #Root extention.

mi6300m

Sep 25, 2008
Tempe, AZ
So how's it coming on the bug fixes? Is there an upcoming version change? I want to install this on my fiancee's phone but she'd have my head for the bugs that i'm willing to put up with. She was quite cross with me when i told her my phone was still at 82% after being unplugged for 10 hours today. Which by the way if anyone is wondering how i achieved this...Greenify.

DROIDRAZ

Aug 25, 2012
Los Angeles
So how's it coming on the bug fixes? Is there an upcoming version change? I want to install this on my fiancee's phone but she'd have my head for the bugs that i'm willing to put up with. She was quite cross with me when i told her my phone was still at 82% after being unplugged for 10 hours today. Which by the way if anyone is wondering how i achieved this...Greenify.

I've been meaning to work on this but my school load has increased for exams. I will be able to work on it this weekend though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

4cid

May 10, 2015
Atlanta

Not to go offroad from the original post but how exactly are you using greenify. Im new to android (yeet yeet) and i have greenify but idk how to use it properly, what freezing the apps does, how it works, anything. So its basically sitting on my phone blank.

mi6300m

Sep 25, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Not to go offroad from the original post but how exactly are you using greenify. Im new to android (yeet yeet) and i have greenify but idk how to use it properly, what freezing the apps does, how it works, anything. So its basically sitting on my phone blank.
Well, definitely have to be rooted for best effects. That's the first thing.
When I launched greenify it didn't find anything to hibernate. So i manually selected apps that I knew was constantly running and now it just auto hibernates them. So look into your application manager and see which apps constantly run (facebook, facebook messenger, hangouts, etc) try even manually force closing or stopping some apps from running and see which ones instantly load back up without you doing anything else, then go into Greenify and hibernate those apps.
As we speak pretty much the only things running is most of the Android OS stuff, and well Plex (kinda like using that as a remote or portable movie theater for the bathroom) <--bad potty humor

mi6300m

Sep 25, 2008
Tempe, AZ
My current battery life...hasn't been on the charger since about 8:30am AZ time.

Attachments

• 1431578343653.jpg
    1431578343653.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 452

rhianc11

Jan 11, 2015
Nexus UI

I can't get the nexus 6 ui to work even when I move to System first then set permissions and then move to privapp, any help?

NSDroider

Jul 22, 2014
Nexus 6 SystemUI
I am providing anyone who is feeling risky to try this on their device. In most cases it has not worked, but on occasion it does. Once it starts working, it will work until you do something to your system. There are occasional SystemUI crashes when the signal is changing, but it restarts itself after a couple of seconds. If you are going to try this, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PHONE. This is very important in case it fails to work. The problem is that it keeps crashing, so it is very difficult to do anything.

Nexus 6 SystemUI Test

Move the file to /system/priv-app/SystemUI and set permissions.

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering what's different about the Nexus UI from the one we have in this ROM?

UnshiftedStorm

Nov 21, 2014

4cid

May 10, 2015
Atlanta
It's not the interface of the Nexus. The Nexus UI is stock Android, while we're stuck with Sammy's to-Touchywiz. Different notification bar, toggles, just overall better with the stock UI.
I understand its stock but the term Nexus UI has just been used this whole thread haha. Obviously the UI from another phone isn't going to match up perfectly but it can be modified to work right?

Mar 29, 2015
Phoenix
Alright....Im starting to get tired of trying this over and over. I set the permissions to 0644 like i was told and when i replace it, it reboots then gives me a System UI has crashed error that i have dismissed over 100 times that pops back up the very second i close it. What the hell do i do?

UnshiftedStorm

Nov 21, 2014
I understand its stock but the term Nexus UI has just been used this whole thread haha. Obviously the UI from another phone isn't going to match up perfectly but it can be modified to work right?

The dev. Is messing with the code, shouldn't be long now. But some functions will work, whole others won't.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Alright....Im starting to get tired of trying this over and over. I set the permissions to 0644 like i was told and when i replace it, it reboots then gives me a System UI has crashed error that i have dismissed over 100 times that pops back up the very second i close it. What the hell do i do?
Every device is different, it'll work on some devices, but not on others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm caused to your device as a result of installing this ROM.

Introduction
    BorxExo.png

This is FreedomROM. FreedomROM is about giving you the freedom to do what you want with YOUR device. It allows you to escape the ugliness of Touchwiz and start fresh. Android is about choice, and that is how it should be.

Screenshots

Features
    • Deodexed
    • Debloated
    • Removed Samsung apps
    • AOSP sounds
    • AOSP Apps (Google Dialer, Clock, Messenger, Google Camera, etc.)
    • Google Now Launcher
    • Themed framework-res
    • AOSP Icons
    • Cyanogenmod AudioFx and Music (Viper Replacement)

Installation Instructions
    This ROM can be installed in either FlashFire or Safestrap

5.0 Install Instructions
    • Install FlashFire FlashFire (It's free)
    • Press "+"
    • Press "Wipe"
    • Check "System Data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partition" and press checkmark
    • Press "+" again
    • Press "Flash ZIP or OTA"
    • Navigate to where you have ROM downloaded
    • Press checkmark
    • Press "Flash"

4.4 Install Instructions
    • Install FlashFire FlashFire (It's free)
    • Press "+"
    • Press "Wipe"
    • Check "System Data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partition" and press checkmark
    • Press "+" again
    • Press "Flash ZIP or OTA"
    • Navigate to where you have ROM downloaded
    • Press checkmark
    • Press "Reboot" card
    • Select "Download"
    • Press "Flash"
    • When FlashFire reboots to download mode, flash OC4 firmware in Odin Link
    • Done!

Downloads

To Do
    • Finish theming Settings
    • Merge signal and data icons

Bugs
    • Short lag when placing call
    • Samsung Account not syncing Removed Samsung Account

Changelog
    Version 0.1:
    • Initial Release
    Version 0.2:
    • Fixed Notification Padding
    • Changed default wallpaper to stock Android
    • Removed SoundAlive
    • Fixed Google Play Music crash
    Version 0.3:
    • Themed SystemUI
    • Changed default lockscreen wallpaper
    • Debloated some more apps
    • Added AOSP Wifi and Signal icons
    • Added "Reboot" and "Airplane mode" to power menu
    • Updated system apps
    • Added new Google Photos
    • Added Google Docs
    • Added M Developer Preview Camera
    Version 0.4:
    • Added "FreedomROM Mods" app
    • Enabled navigation bar mod
    • Install Nexus SystemUI
    • Install Stock SystemUI
    Version 0.5:
    • Added 3Minit Nexus SystemUI
    • Added 3Minit Stock SystemUI
    • Fixed stock bugs and crashes when using TW Dialer
    • Fixed notification color bug in Nexus SystemUI
    • Added more AOSP theming

Donation
    If anybody would like to donate, here is the link: Donations
    Thank you all for all of your support!

Credits
    • @jrkruse for the base ROM
    • Google - for Android
    • Samsung - for this phone
    • 3Minit Development - for the 3Minit mods
    • Cyanogenmod - Music and AudioFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    FreedomROM, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    DROIDRAZ
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 0.5
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-28

Created 2015-05-02
    Last Updated 2015-06-28
    Nexus 6 SystemUI
    I am providing anyone who is feeling risky to try this on their device. In most cases it has not worked, but on occasion it does. Once it starts working, it will work until you do something to your system. There are occasional SystemUI crashes when the signal is changing, but it restarts itself after a couple of seconds. If you are going to try this, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PHONE. This is very important in case it fails to work. The problem is that it keeps crashing, so it is very difficult to do anything.

Nexus 6 SystemUI Test

Move the file to /system/priv-app/SystemUI and set permissions.
    Hey everyone. I'd just like to apologize for my absence. I've been busy with school and stuff and I haven't really had time for updating this ROM. I've actually switched to T-Mobile and got a G4 but I still have my S5. I just don't know how long I'll have it though. I will be attempting to update it to OG5 but I'm not sure how long that will take. I just want to say thank you for all of your support.
    I've decided that I am also going to work on a mod app.

1434283337344.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
    And remove the old system UI right? Do we put it in the system/priv-app/SystemUI folder or just system/priv-app?
    In the systemui folder just move in there and replace the original. SystemUI. This will work for some but not other. If it FC your only means is to put the stock one back in then try a flashing it. Its actually a good Idea to always flash the SystemUi because when it FC your kinda screwed.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I have most of the FC issues fixed with the Nexus UI. I have been working on this a long time! I actually had a zip to flash asop apps and theme but since this rom is posted I will just pass my stuff to OP. He is doing a nice job! I have the AOSP settings mostly working but there is still problems with that. Probably just easier to them the stock one to look like it