[ROM][LOS14.1][7.1.2_r29] DARK ROM [OMS][Pixel features][Delta updates][11/02]

Search This thread

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm building an extra lean LineageOS 14.1 ROM for oneplus3/3T with a few added features. A lot of packages have been stripped down, only the bare minimum is built to provide a fast and stable ROM. That gives you much more freedom as you can install exactly what you really want from the Playstore. You can install most of the missing packages manually, they are available in a flashable zip on the server (see second post).

My approach for DARK ROM 14.1 is to add as many Pixel features as possible while keeping a solid LineageOS base.

Key features
- Full OMS support (rootless)
- Signature spoofing support
- Pixel Launcher (with the provided GAPPS package)
- Pixel animated navbar (with on/off switch)
- Pixel sounds
- Pixel accent colors
- Pixel bootanimation with sound
- Rounded icons
- Google Assistant
- Night Light
- Night Light Brightness
- Choose between dialer and voice assistant in lockscreen
- Hide next alarm from expanded status bar and lockscreen
- Disable the boot animation sound
- Secure lockscreen (disables status bar pull down, quick settings tiles, power button and lockscreen shortcuts)
- Double tap the lock icon on the lockscreen to sleep
- Longpress power button while screen off to trigger flashlight
- Hide bluetooth icon when disconnected
- Volume steps
- Quick unlock pin/password
- Remove album art from lockscreen
- Date in status bar
- Battery bar
- Custom headers
- Smart pulldown
- Volume button controls media volume anywhere
- Change navbar height
- Screenshot tile
- Caffeine tile
- Sync tile
- Reboot/recovery tile
- Music tile
- USB Tethering tile
- NFC tile
- Quick settings custom rows/columns
- Turn on/off mobile data with single click on collapsed quick settings
- Status bar ticker
- Separate ring and notification volume
- Specific color for 100% charged battery
- Prevent accidental wakeup
- Remove settings suggestions
- Show WiFi SSID in status bar
- Show carrier label in status bar
- Hide carrier label when WiFi SSID is showing
- Hide carrier label on the lockscreen (or rename to whatever you want)
- Hide the low battery warning notification
- Remove the orange status bar and navigation bar when in battery saver mode
- One hand mode
- Choose doze brightness
- Adjust animation scale precisely with a slider
- Dynamic nav bar color (changes color to the same of status bar)
- In-call vibration options (on connect, on call waiting and on disconnect)

Screenshots

SafetyNet
The ROM is already designed to pass SafetyNet out of the box. No need to lock the bootloader (which I advise you to do ONLY on a pure factory image install) because the kernel has the patch for it. If you want root, you'll need to install Magisk, which comes pre-rooted. Then, enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager, hard reboot and you should be good to go. Also, do not enable busybox in Magisk Manager, that will cause you to randomly lose root. You'll get all you need to know on the Magisk thread.

ViPER4Android/ViPER4Arise
The ROM is designed to work with both ViPER4Android and ViPER4Arise out of the box without the need for SuperSU or any Magisk module. The SEPolicy already contains the necessary permissions for them to work even in Enforcing. All you need to do is flash the package of your choice.

Installation
Please refer to the official LineageOS thread for recovery or other device specific images.

If coming from any other ROM
- Backup first... always backup first
- Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache
- Install DARK ROM
- Install provided GAPPS (mandatory)
- Install root package of your choice (I recommend Magisk)
Enjoy !

If coming from a previous build of mine
- Backup (you know it)
- Dirty flash DARK ROM
- Install root package of your choice
Enjoy! (if anything goes wrong, clean flash)

Download
To download the whole ROM
Oneplus3/3T

To download GAPPS and Extras
Extras

To download delta updates
Go to Settings/About phone/System updates and use the OpenDelta app to automatically download delta updates.

Delta Updates
Here are a few explanations on how to use delta updates. First, you will need to keep the first full build you downloaded on your sdcard (any full build that have NIGHTLY in the filename will do). I recommend that you keep it on the root of your sdcard until you flash a new build with the OpenDelta app. After that, the OpenDelta app will automatically place a new flashable zip inside the OpenDelta folder that will be used for the next delta updates. At that point you can delete the build on the root of your sdcard, but you will need to keep the (latest) file in the OpenDelta folder at all times to keep the delta updates working.

You will also notice a folder named FlashAfterUpdate in the OpenDelta folder. As its name suggests, any flashable zip files that you put in this folder will be flashed automatically after the update. I recommend that you put all your extra flashable zips there, cause if you use the app to auto-flash the latest build, it will reboot automatically after updating, which means you won't have the opportunity to manually flash other zips. If you want root to survive, you need to put your root package there.

Translations
If you want to help translate the ROM in your language, here are my Crowdin projects. Let me know if you want me to add another language.
SystemUI
Settings
CMParts

Donations
Please consider a donation if you like my work ! I spend a lot of time and effort working on this, so if you can spare a few bucks, please buy me a beer (so I can relax when I'm stuck on a stubborn bug) or a coffee (so I can work on it later in the night). If you decide to do so, I'll gladly add you to the Donation Hall of Fame (see second post) ;)

Source code
GitHub

Thanks and credit
LineageOS
All the good devs who contributed to the features I added

Last edited:

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Donation Hall of Fame
- alsheron X2 !!!
- cryu1
- OldoTRONic X2 !!!
- Cissmayazz
- twili9ht
- krombopulos X2 !!!
- squandry
- zerand
- strangethings
- jerunk
- hurricurry
- Sui77
- mistersixt
- gillboyzz
- vurey
- jstargz
- the_house
- WSeb
- hawgguy
- spibbs
- ProBird79
- focus-pocus
- CyberpodS2 X2 !!!
- herbie13 X2 !!!
- atharwaqas
- BoozYooNit X2 !!!
- NJD316
- velvel
- ChrisPadduDubbu X2 !!!
- mrtsunami92
- caballon
- deafbum

Many thanks to those generous donors !!! They make DARK ROM possible.

Extra Packages
On the server you will find a file named ExtraPackages_date.zip which contains a few apps that are not available out of the box in my builds (see list). You won't have to flash it every update, since there is a survival script. I suggest you open the zip and remove the files you don't need before flashing it the first time.
Here is what's included:
- Calendar (AOSP Calendar)
- Contacts (AOSP Contacts)
- DeskClock (AOSP Clock)
- Dialer (AOSP Dialer)
- Eleven (LOS Music player)
- ExactCalculator (LOS Calculator)
- Gallery2 (AOSP Photos)
- Jelly (LOS Browser)
- LatinIME (AOSP Keyboard)
- Messaging (AOSP SMS)
- Recorder (LOS Recorder)
- Snap (LOS Camera)
- Stk (AOSP SIM card toolkit)
- Trebuchet (LOS Launcher)

Note that if you install my GAPPS and the complete Extra packages, you'll end up with two Phone app and two Contacts apps. Simply delete the GoogleContacts and GoogleDialer in the system/priv-app and reboot. If you choose to use the AOSP Dialer instead of Google Dialer, you'll need to go to Settings/Apps/Gear Icon (top right) and choose the AOSP Dialer as default phone app, otherwise you won't be able to make calls.

Last edited:

Alex1188

Aug 16, 2016
I've ran your ROM on my Nexus 6P, was awesome! Best rom for the 6P I'm sure it will fair very well here as well! As for now tho I'm leaving my 3T in touched but interested to see what others think of your ROM.

Was this just ported from the 6P then??

Reactions: Dark_Eyes_

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
I've ran your ROM on my Nexus 6P, was awesome! Best rom for the 6P I'm sure it will fair very well here as well! As for now tho I'm leaving my 3T in touched but interested to see what others think of your ROM.

Was this just ported from the 6P then??

Yes, it's the exact same ROM as the 6P ;)

Reactions: Serial Kazama

prateektaneja

Jul 10, 2014
Hey! Your ROM was the daily driver on my Nexus 5 till a few months back! I used the CAF version and that rocked. Hope to see the same stability and battery life increases here too! All the best @Dark_Eyes_!

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
Just flashed this ROM, seriously this thing is stable as f***! :)

@Dark_Eyes_ the only bug I found is the inability to enable the on-screen navigation bar. The toggles itself works and the hardware keys gets disabled, but the navigation bar never comes up. Nothing is recorded in the logcat that would be useful to debug this problem.

Dhairya

May 29, 2013
THANE
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is it only me facing network drop issues and heating even with light usage and one last thing camera takes way more time for focusing
really loving rom so far but no nav bar it shows up

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Just flashed this ROM, seriously this thing is stable as f***! :)

@Dark_Eyes_ the only bug I found is the inability to enable the on-screen navigation bar. The toggles itself works and the hardware keys gets disabled, but the navigation bar never comes up. Nothing is recorded in the logcat that would be useful to debug this problem.

I knew about the nav bar, but I was hoping that a logcat would tell me where to start looking. OP3 is the only device I support that have hardware keys. Is it working fine in the official LineageOS builds?

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
HAL1 or HAL3 ? in this ROM

Want to know if i'll be able to use google camera or the Nexus CameraNX mod in this ROM.

As of now Google camera doesn't work, but I saw that LineageOS have some commits pending to enable HAL3. I won't be fooling around on this, since I don't own the device, and I'll merge whatever LineageOS merges.

Reactions: Gandicela

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
New build is up!

Guys,

I just released a new build with a few fixes. On-screen navbar should be fixed and the bootanimation should be pixel now. I also merged all the latest updates from LineageOS. Delta updates should be up, please report how it goes.

Hope everything is fine now! Please give feedback ;)

Enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I'm building an extra lean LineageOS 14.1 ROM for oneplus3/3T with a few added features. A lot of packages have been stripped down, only the bare minimum is built to provide a fast and stable ROM. That gives you much more freedom as you can install exactly what you really want from the Playstore. You can install most of the missing packages manually, they are available in a flashable zip on the server (see second post).

My approach for DARK ROM 14.1 is to add as many Pixel features as possible while keeping a solid LineageOS base.

Key features
    - Full OMS support (rootless)
    - Signature spoofing support
    - Pixel Launcher (with the provided GAPPS package)
    - Pixel animated navbar (with on/off switch)
    - Pixel sounds
    - Pixel accent colors
    - Pixel bootanimation with sound
    - Rounded icons
    - Google Assistant
    - Night Light
    - Night Light Brightness
    - Choose between dialer and voice assistant in lockscreen
    - Hide next alarm from expanded status bar and lockscreen
    - Disable the boot animation sound
    - Secure lockscreen (disables status bar pull down, quick settings tiles, power button and lockscreen shortcuts)
    - Double tap the lock icon on the lockscreen to sleep
    - Longpress power button while screen off to trigger flashlight
    - Hide bluetooth icon when disconnected
    - Volume steps
    - Quick unlock pin/password
    - Remove album art from lockscreen
    - Date in status bar
    - Battery bar
    - Custom headers
    - Smart pulldown
    - Volume button controls media volume anywhere
    - Change navbar height
    - Screenshot tile
    - Caffeine tile
    - Sync tile
    - Reboot/recovery tile
    - Music tile
    - USB Tethering tile
    - NFC tile
    - Quick settings custom rows/columns
    - Turn on/off mobile data with single click on collapsed quick settings
    - Status bar ticker
    - Separate ring and notification volume
    - Specific color for 100% charged battery
    - Prevent accidental wakeup
    - Remove settings suggestions
    - Show WiFi SSID in status bar
    - Show carrier label in status bar
    - Hide carrier label when WiFi SSID is showing
    - Hide carrier label on the lockscreen (or rename to whatever you want)
    - Hide the low battery warning notification
    - Remove the orange status bar and navigation bar when in battery saver mode
    - One hand mode
    - Choose doze brightness
    - Adjust animation scale precisely with a slider
    - Dynamic nav bar color (changes color to the same of status bar)
    - In-call vibration options (on connect, on call waiting and on disconnect)

Screenshots

SafetyNet
    The ROM is already designed to pass SafetyNet out of the box. No need to lock the bootloader (which I advise you to do ONLY on a pure factory image install) because the kernel has the patch for it. If you want root, you'll need to install Magisk, which comes pre-rooted. Then, enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager, hard reboot and you should be good to go. Also, do not enable busybox in Magisk Manager, that will cause you to randomly lose root. You'll get all you need to know on the Magisk thread.

ViPER4Android/ViPER4Arise
    The ROM is designed to work with both ViPER4Android and ViPER4Arise out of the box without the need for SuperSU or any Magisk module. The SEPolicy already contains the necessary permissions for them to work even in Enforcing. All you need to do is flash the package of your choice.

Installation
    Please refer to the official LineageOS thread for recovery or other device specific images.

If coming from any other ROM
    - Backup first... always backup first
    - Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache
    - Install DARK ROM
    - Install provided GAPPS (mandatory)
    - Install root package of your choice (I recommend Magisk)
    Enjoy !

If coming from a previous build of mine
    - Backup (you know it)
    - Dirty flash DARK ROM
    - Install root package of your choice
    Enjoy! (if anything goes wrong, clean flash)

Download
    To download the whole ROM
    Oneplus3/3T

To download GAPPS and Extras
    Extras

To download delta updates
    Go to Settings/About phone/System updates and use the OpenDelta app to automatically download delta updates.

Delta Updates
    Here are a few explanations on how to use delta updates. First, you will need to keep the first full build you downloaded on your sdcard (any full build that have NIGHTLY in the filename will do). I recommend that you keep it on the root of your sdcard until you flash a new build with the OpenDelta app. After that, the OpenDelta app will automatically place a new flashable zip inside the OpenDelta folder that will be used for the next delta updates. At that point you can delete the build on the root of your sdcard, but you will need to keep the (latest) file in the OpenDelta folder at all times to keep the delta updates working.

You will also notice a folder named FlashAfterUpdate in the OpenDelta folder. As its name suggests, any flashable zip files that you put in this folder will be flashed automatically after the update. I recommend that you put all your extra flashable zips there, cause if you use the app to auto-flash the latest build, it will reboot automatically after updating, which means you won't have the opportunity to manually flash other zips. If you want root to survive, you need to put your root package there.

Translations
    If you want to help translate the ROM in your language, here are my Crowdin projects. Let me know if you want me to add another language.
    SystemUI
    Settings
    CMParts

Donations
    Please consider a donation if you like my work ! I spend a lot of time and effort working on this, so if you can spare a few bucks, please buy me a beer (so I can relax when I'm stuck on a stubborn bug) or a coffee (so I can work on it later in the night). If you decide to do so, I'll gladly add you to the Donation Hall of Fame (see second post) ;)

Source code
    GitHub

Thanks and credit
    LineageOS
    All the good devs who contributed to the features I added
    New build is up!

Guys,

the (most likely) final build is finally here! Unless there are some kind of important bug that I'm not aware of, I will discontinue development for Nougat and get started on the Oreo builds ;) This last build packs a few new features, some even dark rom exclusive ! Here is the detailed changelog:

- Upstream LineageOS commits
    - October security patch
    - Prevent accidental torch (dark rom exclusive/hopefully it works on all devices)
    - PIE controls (with a lot of my own fixes/improvements)
    - Option to disable settings conditions (Little blue bars at the top of the settings app, like Night Light or Do Not Disturb)
    - Option to force Color Engine even with Substratum themes on (at your own risks... switch in developer options)
    - Other fixes I don't remember

As always, donations are not mandatory but highly appreciated. If you have a few bucks to spare and you enjoy my work, you can hit my PayPal account is here. Many thanks in advance, it is truly appreciated.

I hope you like this release

Jean
    New build is up!

Guys,

I just pushed a brand new build. It has all upstream patches from LineageOS. I also fixed a couple bugs and polished the build as it might as well be one on my last builds (if not the very last). Last but not least, I added PA Color Engine which I modified slightly for it to fit more with the dark philosophy (default theme will be dark/blue ;)) and I themed pretty much everything I could find that PA forgot. All in all I feel this is a very good build. It should have all translations except for arabic, and brazilian portuguese is now in !

I'll be keeping a close eye to lineage-15 development, and once I feel it's stable enough I'll start to work on the dark_oreo rom ;)

I know I'm getting annoying with this, but if you have a few bucks to spare and you enjoy my work, please consider a donation. My PayPal account is here. Many thanks in advance, it is truly appreciated.

I hope you like this release ;)

Jean
    New build is up!

Guys,

I just pushed a brand new build. It has all upstream patches from LineageOS, which includes the latest september security update and the blueborne patch for the kernel. I advise you to check if the custom kernel that you prefer has that blueborne patch as well. I haven't seen much kernels around that have it in. I also fixed a couple of bugs and polished the overall build. It should be close to perfection now. All in all I feel this is a very good build. It should have all translations in (except hindi) with addition of Turkish and Korean! Here is a detailed changelog:

- September security patch
    - Blueborne kernel patch
    - Immersive recents (hide status bar, navigation bar or both)
    - Memory bar in recents
    - Option to remove the lock task in recents
    - Prevent locked task from being swiped away
    - Add a switch to remove toast icon
    - Add/remove QS tiles with one click
    - Two columns in dashboard
    - Hide cellular icon in status bar when the sim card is not provisioned
    - Fix the charging sound option

It seems that Lineage is making good progress on the lineage-15 development, I'll keep a close look at it and start to work on the dark_oreo soon ;)

I know I'm getting annoying with this, but if you have a few bucks to spare and you enjoy my work, please consider a donation. My PayPal account is here. Many thanks in advance, it is truly appreciated.

I hope you like this release ;)

Jean
    New build is up!

Guys,

I've been hard at work fixing a bunch of bugs related to translations and Color Engine. Now, pretty much everything should be themed with Color Engine, except CellBroadcastReceiver. I didn't theme this because it is a separate app, and I didn't want to screw things up and have alert messages unreadable because of white on white or black on black. I couldn't reliably test it, so I decided against theming it. Everything else that I was made aware of has been themed. (Protected apps, ambient display, network menu, etc.) I also added the missing strings, so now pretty much everything should be translated (except LineageOS stuff, but that will be done in due time by them). I also added the expanded desktop tile and completely reworked the whole screenshot/partial screenshot thing. Here is a complete changelog

- LineageOS upstream updates
    - Fixed the Color Engine bug where background would not get themed correctly when using Substratum
    - Fixed Settings shortcuts (when long pressed)
    - Added Color Engine support to the remaining apps in Settings
    - Added some missing strings for translation
    - Added the Expanded desktop QS tile
    - Reworked the Screenshot QS Tile (single press to switch between full and partial screenshot, long press to trigger. Also, the switch will also change the whole system preference).
    - Fixed the 3 fingers swipe to take screenshot to obey full or partial system preference
    - Added long press Power + Vol Up to take a partial screenshot (Dark ROM Exclusive) Long press Power + Vol Down will trigger full screenshot as before.

The ROM should be fully translated in Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian. Many thanks to the dark translators

Lastly, I pushed a modified Pixel Launcher with Dark app drawer. It's up on the server in the Extras folder. Go get it !

I hope you enjoy it!

Jean