• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][LP][5.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 - UNOFFICIAL BUILDS for Mako [FIRST CM13 BUILD]

Search This thread

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
I have been patiently waiting for an official cm12 nightly. So I have put off installing this. However, now that I have everything ready, waiting for the rom to finally land, I am tempted to upgrade this second.

Official cm12 says dirty flashing will work fine. Should it also work fine on this rom?

And will updating to the nightly afterwards work just fine?

Or should I just keep patience and wait another day?

Sent from my Nexus 4 running CM11 (KK 4.4.4) using Tapatalk

Wait another day....am sure mako will have a build tom...
A clean official installation :)

kamranhaghighi

Apr 8, 2012
Orgrimmar
Noob question: what's difference between unofficial and official ? As i know its a basically a CM ported to nexus 4 by a person that does not work in CM! whats the difference for the person who's flashing unofficial CM and using it?

Dor-b

Apr 25, 2014
Castamere
Noob question: what's difference between unofficial and official ? As i know its a basically a CM ported to nexus 4 by a person that does not work in CM! whats the difference for the person who's flashing unofficial CM and using it?

Unofficial gets more frequent updates (almost every day) , and therefore more chances for bugs to occur.
The official is for people that want a stable version (less new features)

Reactions: kamranhaghighi

x1123

Mar 27, 2011
Pekalongan
semayi.blogspot.com

official released by CyanogenMod ... unofficial is everything relesed by NON CyanogenMod.org ... mostly independent "dev", hobbyist, students and everyone who willing to learn to build a android ROM ( another 21st Century Epidemic ) and share the ROM. Sure you can build a rom, tweak the build script to have outPut "OFFICIAL" ... it;s really funny. :D

Reactions: kamranhaghighi

littlegreen

Nov 29, 2010
Sofia
Nightly updates used to work just fine, the last one (20150130) didn't update automatically as it used to... I dirty-flashed it manually.. it updated the system alright, but it wiped my phone clean... kinda strange I guess. It also bugged google services, wiped most(but not all) gapps and I couldn't re-flash gapps... wiping clean and trying it out again :)

insigma28

Sep 28, 2014
If someone tested some kernel, please say it, then I'll set it in the post.
For reflexion like "Its looks like AOSP rom" : It's normal, CyanogenMod 12 is in development so don't say it.
For OTA, I'll re-sync to morrow and then compil it to morrow too, but its depend of my time.
For the moment i'm working on the warning at the flash of the rom.

Just flashed man followed by unleashed cm version no aosp and it works very well on the rom. Nice rom dude. The only problem is my data connection as stated in previous post lol, anyway round it as there is a cm 12.1 posted in cm 12 thread have working data

Last edited:

r00t_user

Sep 3, 2012
Calgary
Thanks alot man! Appreciate the hard work you're doing! Any way we can get updated through the CM Updater for these builds?

Edit: Can't you at least save people the trouble and post in the OP that Data doesn't work on the build. This is where I learnt it, the hard way. Thanks for the build but if I am someone relying on Data I'd want the OP to state it as he wrote there are no bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ursasoro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Here is unofficials builds of CyanogenMod 12.1 for Nexus 4 (mako).​

How to get this ?
    You need the last .zip package : https://www.damien-boyer.com
    GoogleApps 5.1.X (minimal) by jajb : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934545542

Progress of the Project:
    10 Nov : Initial Release
    13 Nov : Re-sync. Blackscreen at firstboot is now fixed.
    18 Nov : Re-sync. Android-5.0.0_r2 to Android-5.0.0_r6.
    23 Nov : Re-sync. Android-5.0.0_r6 to r7. Add Trebuchet & CM File Manager.
    12 Dec : Re-sync. 5.0 to 5.0.1 and a lot of new things.
    20 Dec : Re-sync. 5.0.1 to 5.0.2.
    28 Dec : Clean Re-sync. Check the cm changelog to have an idea.
    04 Jan : Re-sync. Add Terminal apps and other things.
    28 Mar : CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.0_r1).
    05 Apr : Re-sync cm-12.1 branch, check the gerrit. (Android 5.1.0_r3)
    14 Apr : Re-sync. (Android 5.1.0_r5)
    27 Nov : Begin of the work on M

What it looks like ? (Please send me your cm12.1 screenshots)

How can I install it ?
    1. Copy the ROM and the Gapps in your device
    2. Reboot in recovery (TWRP or CWM)
    3. Wipe
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Flash the Gapps
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy the ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for Google Nexus 4 - mako, ROM for the GOOGLE Nexus 4.

Source Code:https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android/tree/staging/cm-12.1
    Blobs:https://github.com/TheMuppets

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-11-10
    Last Updated 2015-04-05
    New update tomorrow with android-5.0.0_r7 & Trebuchet integration.
    Wow. The beauty of having so many Roms for my phone is trying them out and seeing how they work etc.

Cant believe how many questions on this thread could be answered by purely flashing and trying.

Thanks for your Rom.
    I've compiled one this morning, tested it, works fine but I prefer recompile another one now because they are some changes in source. So I'll upload new build in 2 or 3 hours if all is good.