[ROM][LP][5.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 - UNOFFICIAL BUILDS for Mako [FIRST CM13 BUILD]

Search This thread

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
Hi folks, here's my progress with this:

-Spent best part of last 2 days messing about with it, whatever I did GApps would not install properly at first, changed down to CWM 6406- no luck, then to TWRP which installed them but then when I booted the phone, none of them would start, just kept getting constant error notifications which made the phone unusable.

-Thought I'd start again and took it right back to stock latest LP, flashing imgs individually, cleaning everything as I went. Then started again with CM12, still no luck.

-So ignoring 5 years worth of accumulated Android common sense, I restored the cm11 back up I did before I started the upgrade, cleared the cache/dv cache and then dirty flashed cm12 on top. Hey presto, it works. HOWEVER, Google Play Services still not starting, which I obviously need.

Anyone got any ideas about getting Play Services working?

Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone, btw :)
Flash basic simple TWRP 2.8.3.1
Format everything excluding internal storage...
So data system dalvik cache and cache...
Now flash cm followed by banks gapps :)
supersu v2.42 by chainfire...
should be good: )

I hope you have already flashed latest bootloader and stuff :)

Reactions: stonegroover

stonegroover

Aug 9, 2011
Midlands
Banks Gapps no longer available, they evolved to PA Gapps as far as I can see and those are the Gapps I tried, pico, nano and the universal variants of them as well as the ones with correct dpi. Also tried the full PA Gapps and the official Gapps.

I went to apk mirror and downloaded the correct lp apk for GPSevices, the 436 package as well as the universal 430 package. 430 won't install, the 436 installs but won't start up. So still wiht the same problem, but at least it is now the correct apk.

Skinpipe

Apr 5, 2013
West Midlands
Banks Gapps no longer available, they evolved to PA Gapps as far as I can see and those are the Gapps I tried, pico, nano and the universal variants of them as well as the ones with correct dpi. Also tried the full PA Gapps and the official Gapps.

I went to apk mirror and downloaded the correct lp apk for GPSevices, the 436 package as well as the universal 430 package. 430 won't install, the 436 installs but won't start up. So still wiht the same problem, but at least it is now the correct apk.

hey pal, banks gapps is on euroskank
http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps

good luck im currently using cm12 and these gapps works great

stonegroover

Aug 9, 2011
Midlands
hey pal, banks gapps is on euroskank
http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps

good luck im currently using cm12 and these gapps works great

Hi, thanks for the link, I downloaded, tried a clean install, didn't work, status 7 error.....any thoughts?

UPDATE- OK, it's all working now. I could have given some spurious reason for the previous failures but I'm going to come clean and let myself be open to ridicule on here, I deserve it. On the TWRP page, I without thinking downloaded the img at the top of the page, only when I revisited the site around an hour ago did I notice that the most recent imgs are at the bottom. I've been looking at 2.3.x.x imgs and for some reason thinking they are 2.8.x.x, the 3 is round and almost like and 8 etc. So, installed the the CORRECT latest recovery, with Banks GApps, SuperSU (latest I can find it 2.37, link not working on chainfire site) and it installed first time. Yes, I am a d*ck.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1BadWolf

InkZ

Jul 24, 2009
I installed straight over CM11 without a wipe. Got loads of App errors, and play service errors but installed new GApps over the top, and then anything that carried on giving me an error got removed and reinstalled from the Market. Been running a few days now without issue :)

Rabidaries

May 24, 2011
So flashed this last night and a very well done ROM. However I read it had cm options and can't find anything that has any cm options such as themes, soft key customizations etc. Are these not incorporated in the ROM yet?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

burnoutslo

Apr 21, 2012
Ljubljana
I dirty flashed this over CM11 - absolutely perfect - not a single FC, error, etc.

Everything works great, batery life is good (3% loss overnight), been using it for a week now!

Thank you

Reactions: iamendangered

stonegroover

Aug 9, 2011
Midlands
Hi folks- happy new year etc :)

I installed 20/12 build, then installed 04/01 build just now.

Wiped caches, dirty flashed, installed SuperSU, wiped caches again, booted up.

All good, nice and fast, think I prefer the icons a bit larger, they've shrunk.....

Only bug I've encountered is that I have 3 mail accounts, MS Exchange and 2 IMAPs (Gmail and Yahoo). When I access the emails in inbox via the individual accounts all is good, but when I have the inbox in the combined view, which is how I usually have it, as soon as I click on an email the mail app crashes and shuts down. This is the first issue I've ever had with the android/CM mail app, I always use it for my mail, it's normally rock solid. This bug was present in the 20/12 build too.

Hope that helps.

Also, when viewing the current apps open when pressing the square button, is it possible for the small x to appear sooner so we are able to close the apps down quicker?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Rabidaries

May 24, 2011
I'd like to try and test, but when I try to download, none of the mirrors work for me to start the download

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

s0ro05h

Feb 15, 2013
I flashed last build + gapps-lp-20141109-signed.
but some time an error appears:
"There is not enough storage space available to complete this action. Please clear some space and try again"
I checked storage and attached screenshots.

:confused::confused:

sorry for bad english

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-06-13-12-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-06-13-12-14.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 434
  • Screenshot_2015-01-06-13-12-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-06-13-12-46.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

x1123

Mar 27, 2011
Pekalongan
semayi.blogspot.com
I flashed last build + gapps-lp-20141109-signed.
but some time an error appears:
"There is not enough storage space available to complete this action. Please clear some space and try again"
I checked storage and attached screenshots.

:confused::confused:

sorry for bad english
Bad english is no problem, bad attitude in forum will be big problem. I guess you use TWRP, change your recovery to CWR and find gapps with identification 201412xx. Trim your gapps as minimum as possible coz you can easily get from the play the latest one.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Hi there,
The first official nightlies of CyanogenMod 12 will be out tonight ! Here
So I'll stop my work for our Nexus 4 and the One M7 and take a look on devices that can't have official nightlies. ;)
in some respects, your build better than "official cm" ... if you share your source in guthub or other social coding you can point the link, other builder probably wanna to tweak or have their own build rom. I believed it's useful

Reactions: s0ro05h

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus Nord 2T
Nothing Phone 2
I have been patiently waiting for an official cm12 nightly. So I have put off installing this. However, now that I have everything ready, waiting for the rom to finally land, I am tempted to upgrade this second.

Official cm12 says dirty flashing will work fine. Should it also work fine on this rom?

And will updating to the nightly afterwards work just fine?

Or should I just keep patience and wait another day?

Sent from my Nexus 4 running CM11 (KK 4.4.4) using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Here is unofficials builds of CyanogenMod 12.1 for Nexus 4 (mako).​

How to get this ?
    You need the last .zip package : https://www.damien-boyer.com
    GoogleApps 5.1.X (minimal) by jajb : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934545542

Progress of the Project:
    10 Nov : Initial Release
    13 Nov : Re-sync. Blackscreen at firstboot is now fixed.
    18 Nov : Re-sync. Android-5.0.0_r2 to Android-5.0.0_r6.
    23 Nov : Re-sync. Android-5.0.0_r6 to r7. Add Trebuchet & CM File Manager.
    12 Dec : Re-sync. 5.0 to 5.0.1 and a lot of new things.
    20 Dec : Re-sync. 5.0.1 to 5.0.2.
    28 Dec : Clean Re-sync. Check the cm changelog to have an idea.
    04 Jan : Re-sync. Add Terminal apps and other things.
    28 Mar : CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.0_r1).
    05 Apr : Re-sync cm-12.1 branch, check the gerrit. (Android 5.1.0_r3)
    14 Apr : Re-sync. (Android 5.1.0_r5)
    27 Nov : Begin of the work on M

What it looks like ? (Please send me your cm12.1 screenshots)

How can I install it ?
    1. Copy the ROM and the Gapps in your device
    2. Reboot in recovery (TWRP or CWM)
    3. Wipe
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Flash the Gapps
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy the ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for Google Nexus 4 - mako, ROM for the GOOGLE Nexus 4.

Source Code:https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android/tree/staging/cm-12.1
    Blobs:https://github.com/TheMuppets

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-11-10
    Last Updated 2015-04-05
    New update tomorrow with android-5.0.0_r7 & Trebuchet integration.
    Wow. The beauty of having so many Roms for my phone is trying them out and seeing how they work etc.

Cant believe how many questions on this thread could be answered by purely flashing and trying.

Thanks for your Rom.
    I've compiled one this morning, tested it, works fine but I prefer recompile another one now because they are some changes in source. So I'll upload new build in 2 or 3 hours if all is good.