[ROM][LT15i/LT18i][MIUIv5 - 3.4.8 - MultiLang][CM10 - JB - 4.1.2][update 11 04 2013]

Search This thread

MarcSinger

Aug 10, 2011
Odd. It never was a problem on an ICS-based MIUI ROM I'd tried. All the themes downloaded beautifully. Besides, at the rate it was downloading, it would take me an entire night just to get a theme or two across.

****Reflashed the ROM. Wi-Fi is working reasonably well now.****

Last edited:

SaOSsinX

Feb 9, 2011
Vorarlberg
NEWS:

i think everybody know that MIUIv5 is coming ..,
i will also try to port MIUIv5 with CM10.1 but we must wait till MIUIv5 is available for Nexus S ! I cant port from MI-Phone (because of hardware dif.)

We all know about our memory problems with miui jellybean, so i started alternative projects :

* Miui Porting with Micode Patchrom : I got now a few roms working with patchrom methode
i used latest cm9 (ICS) as baserom ! memory on miui - ics is acceptable (much better than on jellybean) but still some things are not working , when i have stable rom , i will upload it ...

I am also working on

* FirefoxOS
* UbuntuTouch

For those people who are using my latest rom (Miui-3.1.18):

Go to "Settings"- "Developement options" and make following changes :

* Show rounded Corners = off
* Window Animation Scale = .5x
* Transition animation scale = off
* Animatior duration scale = off
* Force GPU rendering = ON
* Background process limit = 3 (at most 3 processes)

I use this settings ! Phone is little bit faster and little bit more memory ...

updates will come in the next 2 weeks

regards
saosin

Last edited:
Personally I'm keeping an eye on ChameleonOS, there's not too much info about it, but it will be an open source ROM that support MIUI themes.

http://0xd34d.minus.com/mbs1YzNcxfzsEw
http://0xd34d.minus.com/mWbNbc0q7DRLM
http://0xd34d.minus.com/

Edit:

about miui V5:
I'm not too excited. Android 4.1 is released months ago, they will have MIUI V5 ready when the next iteration of AOSP is out. Since they have the MIUI phone out, MIUI is just another heavy skin. It is bloated and the UI is beginning to look dated.

But honestly, I'd love to try, but the phone can't handle ICS< +skin.

Last edited:

MarcSinger

Aug 10, 2011
Thought, being based on Jelly Bean, as opposed to ICS, which was really sluggish, things would be different now. It worked well for a while, until I decided to install some themes. Now, even with the default theme, the ROM is extremely slow. Scrolling/swiping are okay, but it still takes several seconds to open contacts, messaging, settings, etc., and even several applications. Guess it's all to do with the extremely heavy theming. MIUI is a beautiful ROM, but unfortunately, it's let down by its speed.

Last edited:
Re: [ROM][LT15i/LT18i][MIUIv4 - 3.1.18][CM10 - JB - 4.1.2][update 26 01 2013]

Thought, being based on Jelly Bean, as opposed to ICS, which was really sluggish, things would be different now. It worked well for a while, until I decided to install some themes. Now, even with the default theme, the ROM is extremely slow. Scrolling/swiping are okay, but it still takes several seconds to open contacts, messaging, settings, etc., and even several applications. Guess it's all to do with the extremely heavy theming. MIUI is a beautiful ROM, but unfortunately, it's let down by its speed.

Get al light theme like black android ;)

Via Tapatalk

Reactions: MarcSinger
CM10 has THEMES?!!! Damn, was I really out of the loop. Heading off to download some right now.
LOL, I didn't know CM themes were more than icons either until a couple of month ago. I can recommend Matted Blues and the Sony theme for CM10.

But I meant MIUI Black Android theme in my previous post

Reactions: MarcSinger

MarcSinger

Aug 10, 2011
LOL, I didn't know CM themes were more than icons either until a couple of month ago. I can recommend Matted Blues and the Sony theme for CM10.

But I meant MIUI Black Android theme in my previous post

The pretty UI was the one thing that had made me want to switch over to MIUI. However, I've always liked CM for the smooth, stock-like experience that it provides, and now knowing that it supports theming (though not to the extent of MIUI), I think I'm going to settle on it for the moment. I didn't get to do a lot of searching, but I got myself a nice, dark theme named Betterbean. Contacts list dark with a white font. Messaging dark with a white font. Everything looks lovely! I'm going to be checking out some more themes, and I'll be looking into what you've recommended, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyXperia

shoeseat

Jul 5, 2012
Do i need to flash baseband?If yes then which one?there is also zip file.Only baseband file needs to be flashed?

LT18i_BB77_by papayayoghurt.ftf
MD5: 12779493DDC1981995061BCBB5108AD8

BB77_Libs_by_papayayoghurt.zip
MD5: AC0DBEF9865C20B4C3DE759E28B7C7AF

This this also work on xperia arc?it says LT18i.

Edit: i am using Cyanogenmod 10 now.

Last edited:

Marmalux

May 15, 2012
Bucharest
Sony Xperia 5
LT15 = LT18, the only difference is the CPU frequency
Baseband it is recomended to upgrade it in acordance with the android build number. (ex : Gb works best with BB64, ICS BB77 works with any ICS, JB works best with BB83)...
When upgrading baseband, libs file is actualy the "driver", so yes, flash libs aswell !!!!

Last edited:

shoeseat

Jul 5, 2012
LT15 = LT18, the only difference is the CPU frequency
Baseband it is recomended to upgrade it in acordance with the android build number. (ex : Gb works best with BB64, ICS BB77 works with any ICS, JB works best with BB83)...
When upgrading baseband, libs file is actualy the "driver", so yes, flash libs aswell !!!!

So which baseband should i flash?i am trying to flash * download MIUIv4 3.1.18 CM10 JB LT15i Arc (26-01-2013) : http://www.mediafire.com/?csj90yi8ic5e2 but in installation note it's saying 3.) download and flash the baseband 64 or 66 or 70 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=baseband+64 or bb72: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=baseband+72

SaOSsinX

Feb 9, 2011
Vorarlberg
i use baseband 70 !! Works great !!

I have :

Xperia Arc
LT15i
anzu
512 RAM
1 GHz CPU

Kernel : 2.6.32.9-FXP (FXP203 , modified init.rc)
ROM: MIUIv4 3.1.18

Free memory ~130 MB
CPU Freq 1,6GHz

regards

Reactions: tinyXperia

Top Liked Posts