[ROM][LT15i/LT18i][MIUIv5 - 3.4.8 - MultiLang][CM10 - JB - 4.1.2][update 11 04 2013]

Search This thread

Marmalux

May 15, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia 8 Sirocco
LG V50 ThinQ
hello

Just installed this rom yesterday and it is great. I do however have a very big issue and some observations :
Big issue : do not have root acces. Phone is rooted but superuser not working. I have seen the post before that it needs to be activated, but i do not have enable options in su app, actualy the whole tab is missing. I have installed su fix, updated the app, installed supersu with same effect. What should i do? I need titanium to work. Any app requiring root is not working (like no frils cpu).
Observations : laggy, low free ram and just now i notice (i am on phone now)that while typing keyboard just minimize it self, and sometimes tipyng freezes .
Also, your black theme is rejected for not being downloaded from official xiaomi acount even with unknown sources thicked. Btw, i am unable to create new xiami acount by network error (neither sms nor email activation does not work).

Marmalux

May 15, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia 8 Sirocco
LG V50 ThinQ

Thats the post i was talking about... i do not have the permisions tab !!!

SOLVED IT !!
The problem is with the superuser binaries, witch the version installed is incompatible with ARM arhitecture. The solution is
Go to www.androidsu.com and download update.zip (3.2 RC2 beta), 3.1.17 will work but it will deny everithing (regardles if you set default permision to alow).

P.S. : I was expecting help when i asked here, but the 2 persons who answered didn`t even bother to read all !!! just replyed with a previous post witch i have said for the first time that i have read it and it is not a solution for me..... So, no thanks from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sakthi444

riyadho

Jun 22, 2012
Jakarta
home and theme

im already flash this ROM,
everything look OK,

but i find some problem
1. i can't enter to home screen, so install another home launcher, i use xperia z launcher.
2. i can't enter Theme, its freeze, with white screen. how can i fix this.

sory for my English.

Reactions: Marmalux

Marmalux

May 15, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia 8 Sirocco
LG V50 ThinQ
im already flash this ROM,
everything look OK,

but i find some problem
1. i can't enter to home screen, so install another home launcher, i use xperia z launcher.
2. i can't enter Theme, its freeze, with white screen. how can i fix this.

sory for my English.

Same here. Will try also different launcher (Thanks riyadho), the problem seem to be the low ram available. If open a app. will result in killing MIUI Home service, and restarting it requires killing other app to make room for it in Ram. And theme manager same here, white screen and FC.

Hy,
besides the superuser error, witch i have posted solution 2 posts ago, here are some tips, confirmed by me

- Install Lupus kernel : link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1885559
It works a lot better, and if intersted on back-up problem with twrp ask me for solution (i do not remember exactly right now)
- Install Apex home launcher, it need much less ram and do not FC
- install No bloat free and uninstall usseles apps (LBE Guard, another Guard or something....) for complete safe to remove list contact me. this way you will get a lot more free ram (i reached easyly 150Mb free ram)
- Flash BB77 -> Great battery friendly and very good signal (18 hours with everithing on : wifi, bluetooth with liveview connected, some game play and intensive screen use)
- Use No frills CPU with min 184MHz and max 1,2 GHz, with superbad gov. and SIO or CFQ sheduller (available in Lupus kernel)
Games working great, tested by me so far on this rom with the above modifications : Xruner; temple Run; Temple Run 2; Asphalt 5, Jewel star.

The only issues i have now is :
- The download over wi-fi only problem regardles of settings (no matter if i unthick download over wifi only in setting and download screen, it still "waiting for Wi-fi" )
- Liveview it is conected and comunicating with phone, but notifications don`t work att all (this issue i did not looked into yet)

This is a great Rom, but very poor maintained. It has some very simple issues that can be very easy solved, but i see that no one cares about it !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sakthi444

leo_nidas

Mar 19, 2012
Lodz
My love is you rom :)

Tell my miuiandroid add Landscape mode SMS Enable landscape mode of SMS app.

On New Rom this not working :(

MarcSinger

Aug 10, 2011
Undoubtedly one of the most attractive ROMs. In addition, running on CM 10/Jelly Bean, I knew it was going to be smooth. The one gripe I had, however, was the extremely slow speed I encountered when trying to download themes (which, in my opinion, are the soul of this ROM/MIUI). I thought maybe it was my Wi-Fi connection, but Play Store and the web browser were working absolutely fine. If someone has a solution, would really appreciate it.

MarcSinger

Aug 10, 2011
Odd. It never was a problem on an ICS-based MIUI ROM I'd tried. All the themes downloaded beautifully. Besides, at the rate it was downloading, it would take me an entire night just to get a theme or two across.

****Reflashed the ROM. Wi-Fi is working reasonably well now.****

Last edited:

SaOSsinX

Feb 9, 2011
Vorarlberg
NEWS:

i think everybody know that MIUIv5 is coming ..,
i will also try to port MIUIv5 with CM10.1 but we must wait till MIUIv5 is available for Nexus S ! I cant port from MI-Phone (because of hardware dif.)

We all know about our memory problems with miui jellybean, so i started alternative projects :

* Miui Porting with Micode Patchrom : I got now a few roms working with patchrom methode
i used latest cm9 (ICS) as baserom ! memory on miui - ics is acceptable (much better than on jellybean) but still some things are not working , when i have stable rom , i will upload it ...

I am also working on

* FirefoxOS
* UbuntuTouch

For those people who are using my latest rom (Miui-3.1.18):

Go to "Settings"- "Developement options" and make following changes :

* Show rounded Corners = off
* Window Animation Scale = .5x
* Transition animation scale = off
* Animatior duration scale = off
* Force GPU rendering = ON
* Background process limit = 3 (at most 3 processes)

I use this settings ! Phone is little bit faster and little bit more memory ...

updates will come in the next 2 weeks

regards
saosin

Last edited:
Personally I'm keeping an eye on ChameleonOS, there's not too much info about it, but it will be an open source ROM that support MIUI themes.

http://0xd34d.minus.com/mbs1YzNcxfzsEw
http://0xd34d.minus.com/mWbNbc0q7DRLM
http://0xd34d.minus.com/

Edit:

about miui V5:
I'm not too excited. Android 4.1 is released months ago, they will have MIUI V5 ready when the next iteration of AOSP is out. Since they have the MIUI phone out, MIUI is just another heavy skin. It is bloated and the UI is beginning to look dated.

But honestly, I'd love to try, but the phone can't handle ICS< +skin.

Last edited:

MarcSinger

Aug 10, 2011
Thought, being based on Jelly Bean, as opposed to ICS, which was really sluggish, things would be different now. It worked well for a while, until I decided to install some themes. Now, even with the default theme, the ROM is extremely slow. Scrolling/swiping are okay, but it still takes several seconds to open contacts, messaging, settings, etc., and even several applications. Guess it's all to do with the extremely heavy theming. MIUI is a beautiful ROM, but unfortunately, it's let down by its speed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts