[ROM][M8][CarbonROM][][5.1.1][Linaro 4.9][2015-09-24][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I'm using the 6/6 version of Banks Gapps

Edit: It's actually been updated since then http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps

Yeah i was using banks gapps too. Maybe it's a rom gapps combination issue but that's highly unikely.
And you're running the latest version of multirom zip and recovery from the multirom app? Just checking :)

jcole20

Jan 22, 2012
Augusta by way of Atlanta
Yeah i was using banks gapps too. Maybe it's a rom gapps combination issue but that's highly unikely.
And you're running the latest version of multirom zip and recovery from the multirom app? Just checking :)
It's not a GApps multirom issue. I believe it's effecting Verizon users but not necessarily all Verizon users. In the meantime downgrading multirom fixes it.

HTC One (M8) MultiRom: PACman 5.1.1; Carbon 5.1.1

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Thanks for your fast reply. Blisspop works, while candy and carbon don't.
I did swap the roms and all is well now!
But thanks for your suggestion.
It's not really a suggestion but glad you got it figured out. The fix is to downgrade multirom while the bug is worked out. The 'bug' does not occur in v31.

Reactions: Freak07

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
It's not a GApps multirom issue. I believe it's effecting Verizon users but not necessarily all Verizon users. In the meantime downgrading multirom fixes it.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

It's not really a suggestion but glad you got it figured out. The fix is to downgrade multirom while the bug is worked out. The 'bug' does not occur in v31.

But I'm not Verizon. I have an international model.

Shadow Death

Sep 3, 2011
Killeen, TX
Have to admit I'm enjoying some carbon again. The fact that HTC made it so that you can run their camera app on AOSP based roms is a plus. IMO their camera app is way better than Google's.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: jaydubbs

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
After using this Rom for quite sometime, I've found two bugs. The first is a small lag in navigation rings responsiveness after changing my dpi. The second, and more problematic is the screen pinning. Whenever I pin a screen I am not about to unpin it until I perform a soft reboot. The settings say to hold the back button and the over view button however this does not work and a toast appears on the screen suggesting to hold the back button to exit the pinned screen but that doesn't work either. Besides those, excellent Rom and keep up the great work!

Shadow Death

Sep 3, 2011
Killeen, TX
Should I be on one of the 5.1 firmware in he Verizon section for this ROM or is it setup for use with the stock HTC 5.0.1 firmware? If the 5.0.1 firmware is ok then I noticed something weird. If I disable data than a softreboot is required to get it back. I'm going to try the 5.1 firmware just to see but I wanted a second opinion from someone who knows more than I.

jcole20

Jan 22, 2012
Should I be on one of the 5.1 firmware in he Verizon section for this ROM or is it setup for use with the stock HTC 5.0.1 firmware? If the 5.0.1 firmware is ok then I noticed something weird. If I disable data than a softreboot is required to get it back. I'm going to try the 5.1 firmware just to see but I wanted a second opinion from someone who knows more than I.
The 5.1 firmware is not necessary at all. That's for the gpe build and isn't official... It's also not necessary on the gpe build either. Youre good without it. It poses no benefit.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

But I'm not Verizon. I have an international model.
I mean that's cool but doesn't take away from what the point of my statement was... The issue seems to mainly be effecting Verizon users (and apparently international as well) downgrading to v31 corrects this. And GApps is not the issue it is multirom. GApps are just googles apps they're not going to break external storage. This should be common sense but I understand that it may be a question for some. GApps could break the play store... That may even break internet functionality they will not break your access to external storage. It's a multirom issue easily verifiable with a logcat or a simple downgrade.

Edit: I feel I should explain what GApps are... They're bundled Google apps that are you maps app, play store and Google services... Things of that nature. They're not low level enough to break hardware functionality. That's got to be something that sits at a lower level of the system for future reference.

Last edited:

Shadow Death

Sep 3, 2011
Killeen, TX
The 5.1 firmware is not necessary at all. That's for the gpe build and isn't official... It's also not necessary on the gpe build either. Youre good without it. It poses no benefit.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I mean that's cool but doesn't take away from what the point of my statement was... The issue seems to mainly be effecting Verizon users (and apparently international as well) downgrading to v31 corrects this. And GApps is not the issue it is multirom. GApps are just googles apps they're not going to break external storage. This should be common sense but I understand that it may be a question for some. GApps could break the play store... That may even break internet functionality they will not break your access to external storage. It's a multirom issue easily verifiable with a logcat or a simple downgrade.

Yup I forgot to report back. I believe it made my wifi worse by being on that 5.1 firmware lol. Nothing a reflash won't fix. I've actually had fun with the latest offical firmware. I ended up adding the no red text and the latest twrp into the zip file so it does all that for me without having to flash each one after I change firmware. :D

Reactions: jcole20

jcole20

Jan 22, 2012
Yup I forgot to report back. I believe it made my wifi worse by being on that 5.1 firmware lol. Nothing a reflash won't fix. I've actually had fun with the latest offical firmware. I ended up adding the no red text and the latest twrp into the zip file so it does all that for me without having to flash each one after I change firmware. :D
Yeah glad it's working for you. Nothing that's AOSP should require a firmware that's not official for future reference. They're built off official code not unofficial leaks. The ROM shouldn't require an unofficial upgrade unless it's gpe ... In most cases a downgrade would benefit before an upgrade to unofficial firmware. This is a vague response but hopefully it's understandable. The official firmware should always be your go to. The unofficial gpe firmware I don't believe has actually been beneficial to anyone especially since it's not carrier dependant.

Reactions: Shadow Death

dnkjordan

Feb 6, 2011
Richmond

The only issue I had on the 5.1 firmware was wifi going off when the phone goes to sleep regardless if you selected to keep wifi on during sleep always. Going back to the 5.0.x firmware fixed this problem without any other negative effect that I can see.

Shadow Death

Sep 3, 2011
Killeen, TX
Yeah glad it's working for you. Nothing that's AOSP should require a firmware that's not official for future reference. They're built off official code not unofficial leaks. The ROM shouldn't require an unofficial upgrade unless it's gpe ... In most cases a downgrade would benefit before an upgrade to unofficial firmware. This is a vague response but hopefully it's understandable. The official firmware should always be your go to. The unofficial gpe firmware I don't believe has actually been beneficial to anyone especially since it's not carrier dependant.

Yeah, basically only the latest official firmware release is required.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011

Edit: I feel I should explain what GApps are... They're bundled Google apps that are you maps app, play store and Google services... Things of that nature. They're not low level enough to break functionality. That's got to be something that sits at a lower level of the system for future reference.

Yes that was just a simple statement. And I know what gapps are :) in the past there were issues with some installer scripts that did mess up multirom.
But thanks for the explanation. I couldn't get a log because I had no pc available and logcat app would obviously not work when internal storage and external sd are broken.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Newest LP build is 6/17?

Sprint M8 Converted HK 4.25.654.14

I think so yes.

Reactions: mcwups1

dnkjordan

Feb 6, 2011
Richmond
@PippoX3 This past weekend I had the chance to really test out Carbon and compare it to other ROMs I'm running. The more I played with all of the available settings, the more I liked it. Great ROM! It's now my daily driver. Thanks for all your hard work in making this ROM so customizable!

jcole20

Jan 22, 2012
Yes that was just a simple statement. And I know what gapps are :) in the past there were issues with some installer scripts that did mess up multirom.
But thanks for the explanation. I couldn't get a log because I had no pc available and logcat app would obviously not work when internal storage and external sd are broken.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

I think so yes.
There's still some issue with certain updater scripts but the installer script doesn't mount external storage. I don't see how it would break it. The issue has to do with the script not unmounting system from my understanding... But this occurs without GApps on v32. I tested it extensively when I caught the error. I realized downgrading back to v31 corrects it... If the updater was the issue it should occur in v31 too. At least that's what would make sense to me. I'm trying to figure out why some people are able to get system to mount f2fs with Carbon and others aren't. I've modified the updater to mount system f2fs and it still formats system ext4....

Edit: don't take offense to my first post I was just trying to explain how I look at it. Look at the updater script for your GApps package. It detects fs mounts installs then unmounts at the end. From talking to fiz his hypothesis had to do with the unmounting at the end of the script but this occurred on a fresh install following a ruu on my end. What's odd is it doesn't occur on every multirom install of v32 (from 6-2).
. it only happens roughly half the time. It's very odd. Under repeatable conditions it's happening for me like 1 out of 3 installs.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

@PippoX3 This past weekend I had the chance to really test out Carbon and compare it to other ROMs I'm running. The more I played with all of the available settings, the more I liked it. Great ROM! It's now my daily driver. Thanks for all your hard work in making this ROM so customizable!
I agree almost completely... My only issue is with battery life on Carbon. It's roughly 70% of what I see on most other AOSP roms once frequencies, governors, wakelocks etc are adjusted.

Last edited:

yung40oz84

Sep 23, 2014
sites.psu.edu
I have posted this a couple place and have not got a response yet. Maybe u can help? With the new CM audio commits added I am getting a very faint popping sound coming from my speakers and continuously. I have attached a link to a screen recording with sound and you will have to run it up and listen closely but you can hear it right in the beginning and then again toward the end after I hit the home button. It does not do it when I run an RUU back to stock and never happened on any builds until these audio commits.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-ARc6DtAVJX2QxbFJKdHg0dmc/view?usp=sharing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the CyanogenMod and Android Open Source Project.

XzinYIT.png

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonROM GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features:

CM Theme Engine

Audio:
    AudioFX Equalizer
    AOSP & CM Audio features
    Slim Extra features like:
    Camera Shutter sound,
    Screenshot Sound,
    Safe Headset Volume,
    Less frequent notification sounds, etc.
    Volume steps,
    Audio charge notification

Display Options
    Adaptive Brightness
    Daydream
    Ambient Display
    Wake Up on Charge
    Double Tap to Sleep
    Omni Screen Recorder
    Color Calibration
    Expanded desktop

CM Notification manager
    Slim Heads Up Notifications and its features

LockScreen:
    CM shortcuts
    Slim shortcuts
    Weather with custom style

"CarbonFibers" features Menu:

Status Bar
    Slim Clock & Date Options
    Weather
    Battery Options
    (Portrait, Landscape, Circle, Dotted Circle Text or Hidden)
    Mobile & Wifi Network activity icon options
    Network traffic monitor
    Brightness control
    notification count
    notification ticker
    Custom carrier label options

CM custom Navigation Bar tweaked (size/color and other)
    Custom Navigation ring

Interface:
    Toast animations,
    Listview animations,
    System animations,
    Gesture Anywhere,
    App Circle Side Bar

Recents:
    Clear All Button Tweaks
    Hideable Google search bar

Slim PIE

Notification Drawer
    Tile Options (Fully customizable)
    SlimActions Tile
    Quick Setting Options
    Quick & Smart Pulldown
    Colorized Tiles

Power Menu:
    Advanced reboot
    Screenshot
    Screen Record
    Profile Switcher
    Airplane Mode
    User Switcher
    Settings
    Device Lockdown
    Sound Panel

Buttons
    Fully CM customization for hard buttons (tweaked)

Omni Wake lock blocker
    SuperSU - Huge thanks to @Chainfire

Specific Device Control:
    HTC One Wake-up gestures, HardKeys backlight ad notification

I'm using:
    TWRP custom recovery.

& Slim GApps

Download ROM from:
    Here you can find latest build

Sources:
    On our GitHub

I would to thank especially:
    AICP and @LorD ClockaN
    @savoca for Furnace kernel
    @flar2 for his work
    The whole Carbon Team
    Cyanogenmod for their incredibily work
    AOKP
    SlimRoms
    OmniRoms

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    PippoX3
    Source Code: https://github.com/StelixROM

ROM OS Version: Lollipop
    Based On: Carbon|CM|AICP|AOKP|Slim|Omni

Version Information

Created 2015-05-24
    Last Updated 2015-11-02
    New https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347758553 build available. All the cm updates and the http://review.carbonrom.org/#/q/status:merged carbon updates.
    Note that are also merged https://github.com/STELIX-Lollipop/android_kernel_htc_msm8974/commits/Furnace_LP5.1.1all this commits on kernel side and is now compiled with Linaro tc 4.9.
    Regard wake up gestures, dt2w only is working. Sleep gestures are ok.
    Still work in progress... Thanks.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
    I love the ROM, by far the best i've ever flashed. Only problem is that I can't seem to disable double tap to wake. Going into settings and disabling it seems to have no effect.

Save me from the endless butt dials! Thanks :D

You have to disable by thirdy part app like ElementalX o Kernel Adiutor (I'll remove option from display settings, useless).

NEW Build out 2015_08_19.

Changes: all the latest AOSP/CM updates, Proximity sensor can be disabled by InCall interface, and I merged some proximity sensor improvements. I'm testing this build since yesterday and I wasn't able yet to reproduce the prox sensor issue while call... let me know, please.

(I changed bootanimation, it's LP stock at 60fps)
    NEW Build out: CARBON-LP-5.1.1-NIGHTLY-20150709-1901-m8.zip

Now that Furnace have all gestures and features working/tested, we're come back to it (Linaro 4.9).
    Audio/Display improvements, Doze, CM updates (unfortunately a bug with home wallpaper, will solve with next build...).
    All the wake/sleep gestures, pocket detection etc. are tunables by an external app (ElementalX Manager or Kernel Adiutor).
    Thanks.
    New build out: CARBON-LP-5.1.1-NIGHTLY-20150627-2004-m8.zip

Changes: all the CM updates and new kernel (UnicornBlood) Linaro 4.8 compiled.
    All the wake on/off features working. Thanks DirtyUnicorns.

I'm testing a mine pre-build too with proximity sensor on calls, patch. CARBON-LP-5.1.1-NIGHTLY-20150628-2207-m8.zip

Let me know impressions. I'm feeling so good with it and having a good battery life (I'm using ondemand governor and nothing else).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone