[Rom] Magnus Ragnarok's Finisher evolution Rom ported to Froyo for the Evo

Search This thread

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
Yeah, I'm using his CM_B2 Supersonic AKA Blue Beast now. It's the Sh1t. I love it. Just wanted to port this, because people on his Finisher thread have been begging him.

Sweet, I've been thinking about shooting a PM to Magnus for some of his awesome work on something other than cm6 for the Evo...bc I strictly used his stuff when I was on CM6...but now we have 4g in Orlando...

Thanks OP!

@ op

thanks for porting, but i am teaching someone to do this and they are working with me on the next OFFICIAL finisher. nothing significant here yet to upgrade and though i have found a few nice bases, i decided to hold off until, i can get cam working for desire hd(yes i do keep up with all my threads, but i will release when it is complete, this rom is old, and i have had many new ideas and learned many more things regarding android. i will go from there....when i have everything i need, i will up the next finisher....the end is HERE...i have learned alot since my first evo rom, and i will utilize everything in this rom. i will be switching back to sense just for this...you are welcome to help me if you like...there are a few pps working with me on it currently, and i am open to ideas, but this will not just be an improvement or a froyo upgrade, it will be a completely new beast.

thanks again op, but there are many improvements that need to be added to this rom as well, as far as the notification bar and my menubg. i dont generally go backwards so i never got to it, and when i learned how to fix it i was already supporting 3 new roms and 2 themes...sorry about the wait to anyone who has been loyal to finisher, but TRUST ME, the wait will be well worth it...and its not far off now, so just a little bit more patience. i never forget any of my projects i have worked on because i spend alot of time on any given one...ive just been waiting for the proper time and the right ingredients before stepping back in the sense kitchen to begin cooking.

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
Magnus, I only ported this out of respect for your work and Rom. I always try your new stuff and I did not know you were working on it. I would like to help u on this Rom, but I still have too much to learn. Porting is a lot easier than starting from scratch and coding. I wish I had someone to teach me, but as of now I'm just trying to pick up as much as I can. I'm sure your Rom will be awesome. I hope I didn't piss u off by porting this. Let me know.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
Magnus, I only ported this out of respect for your work and Rom. I always try your new stuff and I did not know you were working on it. I would like to help u on this Rom, but I still have too much to learn. Porting is a lot easier than starting from scratch and coding. I wish I had someone to teach me, but as of now I'm just trying to pick up as much as I can. I'm sure your Rom will be awesome. I hope I didn't piss u off by porting this. Let me know.

i wish you wouldve pm'd to collaborate on the next finisher, but great job giving those in the old finisher thread what they requested, thats what xda is all about...i just wanted more than a software update. you did good and im glad you did cus it saved me time...well, i mean if i were going to use any part of the old finisher...im glad your learning and if you have any questions, id be glad to have you help with the new rom btw...good job and thank you for your work :D

what kind of douche would be upset with someone porting an open source rom and bringing it up to date for the original dev, that had no time do do it?

NOT ME........

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
i wish you wouldve pm'd to collaborate on the next finisher, but great job giving those in the old finisher thread what they requested, thats what xda is all about...i just wanted more than a software update. you did good and im glad you did cus it saved me time...well, i mean if i were going to use any part of the old finisher...im glad your learning and if you have any questions, id be glad to have you help with the new rom btw...good job and thank you for your work :D

what kind of douche would be upset with someone porting an open source rom and bringing it up to date for the original dev, that had no time do do it?

NOT ME........

Cool, because I love your work. Like I said I'm using you CM B2 Supersonic Rom right now. I just ported this for those asking. Ill probably use your Finisher when you post it. The Finisher was my first custom Rom. The reason I rooted. I will ask you stuff eventually. I'm just getting my feet wet in Development. Thanks.

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
I was wondering what happened to the font from the screens in the original ROM before it was ported. Not a deal breaker tho, since Im running this ROM right now. Kickass man, thanks
I had to port the Finisher evolutions Rom and the font was stock on the finisher remix. I did try to port the remix, but there was too much missing, so I chose to port this. i'm new to this, so I'm doing what i can. I did post all of Magnus' fonts on the first page, and i thought the font was droid Logo, but someone said that wasn't it. If you PM Magnus', he'll probably shoot you a flashable zip. sorry.

EVOsean

Sep 2, 2010
Copperas Cove, TX
I had to port the Finisher evolutions Rom and the font was stock on the finisher remix. I did try to port the remix, but there was too much missing, so I chose to port this. i'm new to this, so I'm doing what i can. I did post all of Magnus' fonts on the first page, and i thought the font was droid Logo, but someone said that wasn't it. If you PM Magnus', he'll probably shoot you a flashable zip. sorry.
Dont be sorry man, you did better than most at giving alot of people a sick ROM to flash til Magnus updates it. Ill get with him to see if I can get it.

Dragon-Lord

Jun 4, 2010
Wash DC area
This is Awesome

I have to say Thank You to Abu & Magnus. My installation went well. I have not install all of the options, but it is nice. I'm trying to create a Red Hulk Theme with it. I showed the Wallpaper I made, it's not a big deal, to my buddy and he got jealous.

Wish list - I would love to see a semi-transparent notification screen and clock, but still maintaining the red motif. :D

redman11

Nov 16, 2010
To: abu_noah

I juss recently changed from the finisher evolution remix, to the finisher evolution for Froyo. The problem I have which I noticed off the bat was that the bootscreen for the transformers theme was smaller than the actual screen and with the same as the Remix version, I didn't hear any audio when it started up. Any suggestions as to why this is? Thank you

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone