Glad to share with you my builds of CyanogenMod 13.0 (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) for Nexus 4 (mako).
These will probably become obsolete when CM will officially release nightlies for our device, but if as me you can't wait, you can flash it as usual zips.
It is important to note that *at this time of writing* (october 2015), things are not that stable in CM sources. I fixed various issues to make this, and I deeply test everything I build. So, even if I plan a release every day or two (and also depending of my free time in life), nothing will be out if it is too much unstable, I release only "usable" builds.
[About this build]
- Require bootloader/radio from Lollipop minimum
- Contains all CM (kernel, system, ... )
[Note before installation]
- I suggest you to backup your app data with Titanium Backup if you want to restore your apps later
* Build 2015-12-21
- Build 2015-12-16
- Build 2015-12-09
- Build 2015-12-05
- Build 2015-12-01
- Build 2015-11-28
- Build 2015-11-24
- Build 2015-11-18
- Build 2015-11-15
- Build 2015-11-11
- Build 2015-11-05
- Build 2015-11-02
- Build 2015-10-31
- Build 2015-10-28
- Gapps (Google Apps) ("Micro" gapps works pretty fine on mine).
[How to Install]
- Boot in recovery (TWRP - please use latest)
- Wipe Data, System, Cache, Dalvik-cache
- Install the ROM
- (Optional) Install gapps
- Reboot. If TWRP prompt you to install SuperSu, deny it.
"But hey! I want Root !!"
So you want root on your Nexus 4 !
At time of writing this (october 2015), root doesn't work *from scratch* Marshmallow/CM kernel. So I included into this, "StephanMc Kernel" for mako, which is basically the same "stock" kernel (the CM one is stock-based) with SELinux set as permissive to allow root. No more adds or tweaks, just a root-possible stock kernel.
All you have to do is install SuperSu and it is good to go.
- Download SuperSU Beta
- Flash them Super Su
- Enjoy, you're now rooted !
- Enable Developer Options: Settings -> About -> tap 7 times on Build number
- Enable USB Debbuging
- Enable Offline APK installations: Security -> Unkown sources
[About Titanium Backup]
- Titanium Backup is fixed since build 2015-11-05
[Where is System Ui Tuner ?]
- Expand the Notification bar until you see the Settings icon (on top right corner)
- Hold on the icon for about 5 seconds
- Congrats! You can find System UI Tuner menu into Settings -> just under "About phone" menu
[About Snapchat ? ]
- Snapchat crashes at login with Marshmallow. You can workaround this by downgrading to v9.9.0 (google it), then log in the app. Once done, you're free to update it as usual if you want.
- See attachments
[Working / Known issues]
** Not working **
- (Annoying) When In landscape view, notification panel redraw itself also on navigation bar (fixes coming soon)
- Switching from 3G to 2G network seems not working (fixes coming soon)
** Working **
- Everything else
- Some gapps can lead you to wierd "force closes", please make sure you choose a working one.
- Any other issue found ? Let me know
If an application crashes, please first go to the "Application Info" screen in Settings, and make sure this app have its required-to-work permissions enabled. For example, Browser app need "Storage" if you need to download from it.
[Source / Credits]
- Google / CyanogenMod / Dmitry Grinberg for his awesome work on N4 / Benzo for his nice gapps
- Check CM changelog related to the date of my build : http://www.cmxlog.com/13/mako
If you find this useful, feel free to hit thanks button, or share it with people you love
Last edited by a moderator: