[ROM][Mako][6.0.1] CM13 builds for the Nexus 4

Search This thread

stephanmc

Aug 15, 2013
Paris
stephanekouadio.blogspot.com
cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

Glad to share with you my builds of CyanogenMod 13.0 (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) for Nexus 4 (mako).
These will probably become obsolete when CM will officially release nightlies for our device, but if as me you can't wait, you can flash it as usual zips.

It is important to note that *at this time of writing* (october 2015), things are not that stable in CM sources. I fixed various issues to make this, and I deeply test everything I build. So, even if I plan a release every day or two (and also depending of my free time in life), nothing will be out if it is too much unstable, I release only "usable" builds.

[About this build]
- Require bootloader/radio from Lollipop minimum
- Contains all CM (kernel, system, ... )

[Note before installation]
- I suggest you to backup your app data with Titanium Backup if you want to restore your apps later

[Downloads]
* Build 2015-12-21
- Build 2015-12-16
- Build 2015-12-09
- Build 2015-12-05
- Build 2015-12-01
- Build 2015-11-28
- Build 2015-11-24
- Build 2015-11-18
- Build 2015-11-15
- Build 2015-11-11
- Build 2015-11-05
- Build 2015-11-02
- Build 2015-10-31
- Build 2015-10-28

- Gapps (Google Apps) ("Micro" gapps works pretty fine on mine).

[How to Install]
- Boot in recovery (TWRP - please use latest)
- Wipe Data, System, Cache, Dalvik-cache
- Install the ROM
- (Optional) Install gapps
- Reboot. If TWRP prompt you to install SuperSu, deny it.

"But hey! I want Root !!"
So you want root on your Nexus 4 ;) !
At time of writing this (october 2015), root doesn't work *from scratch* Marshmallow/CM kernel. So I included into this, "StephanMc Kernel" for mako, which is basically the same "stock" kernel (the CM one is stock-based) with SELinux set as permissive to allow root. No more adds or tweaks, just a root-possible stock kernel.

All you have to do is install SuperSu and it is good to go.
- Download SuperSU Beta
- Flash them Super Su
- Reboot
- Enjoy, you're now rooted !

[Some recommandations]
- Enable Developer Options: Settings -> About -> tap 7 times on Build number
- Enable USB Debbuging
- Enable Offline APK installations: Security -> Unkown sources

[About Titanium Backup]
- Titanium Backup is fixed since build 2015-11-05

[Where is System Ui Tuner ?]
- Expand the Notification bar until you see the Settings icon (on top right corner)
- Hold on the icon for about 5 seconds
- Congrats! You can find System UI Tuner menu into Settings -> just under "About phone" menu

[About Snapchat ? ]
- Snapchat crashes at login with Marshmallow. You can workaround this by downgrading to v9.9.0 (google it), then log in the app. Once done, you're free to update it as usual if you want.

[Screenshots]
- See attachments

[Working / Known issues]
** Not working **
- (Annoying) When In landscape view, notification panel redraw itself also on navigation bar (fixes coming soon)
- Switching from 3G to 2G network seems not working (fixes coming soon)

** Working **
- Everything else

- Some gapps can lead you to wierd "force closes", please make sure you choose a working one.
- Any other issue found ? Let me know

If an application crashes, please first go to the "Application Info" screen in Settings, and make sure this app have its required-to-work permissions enabled. For example, Browser app need "Storage" if you need to download from it.

[Source / Credits]
- Google / CyanogenMod / Dmitry Grinberg for his awesome work on N4 / Benzo for his nice gapps

[Changelog]
- Check CM changelog related to the date of my build : http://www.cmxlog.com/13/mako

If you find this useful, feel free to hit thanks button, or share it with people you love :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151030-012853.jpg
    Screenshot_20151030-012853.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 30,089
  • Screenshot_20151030-013110.jpg
    Screenshot_20151030-013110.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 28,795
  • Screenshot_20151030-013057.png
    Screenshot_20151030-013057.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 30,033
  • Screenshot_20151025-120947.jpg
    Screenshot_20151025-120947.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 28,082
Last edited by a moderator:

ReneX10

Sep 24, 2013
Wowzers

:good: I am amazed

respect
*edit, flashed as soon as I finished work.
gapps_PICO-M-291015-mustbe_txuki_mako instead of Banks. early days, no issues from 1st boot

ahhhhhhh CM feels like home

Last edited:
Reactions: stephanmc

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus 6
I am quite excited about this build.

But at this point, bug reporting isn't very helpful I guess.

Still, I will give current feedback.

1) download manager seems to crash alot. Or at least the browser being asked to download crashes. Dolphin has its own downloader and does not crash.

2) Chrome (Final or beta) crashes... But It's odd because you get the prompt that it is forced closed but it stays working, and works ok after clicking ok. But the prompt happens often so it is not comfortable to use.

3) sometimes auto screen off, like when reading something and the screen times out, can be very slow to reactivate the device. First time, I thought I had to force restart. Phone completely stops responding for a long time. But only sometimes.

I guess it would be more helpful if I provided a cat log but I only remember that I did not install an app for it yet. I can provide in future if you need.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PVL_93_RU

Packsman

Aug 1, 2011
Beograd
@stephanmc did you make any changes in the source before compiling ? Im having some framework/overlay errors when trying to make my own build but don't know if its the problem in the source or my build environment because I'm building on OSX El Capitan.

stephanmc

Aug 15, 2013
Paris
I am quite excited about this build.

But at this point, bug reporting isn't very helpful I guess.

Still, I will give current feedback.

1) download manager seems to crash alot. Or at least the browser being asked to download crashes. Dolphin has its own downloader and does not crash.

2) Chrome (Final or beta) crashes... But It's odd because you get the prompt that it is forced closed but it stays working, and works ok after clicking ok. But the prompt happens often so it is not comfortable to use.

3) sometimes auto screen off, like when reading something and the screen times out, can be very slow to reactivate the device. First time, I thought I had to force restart. Phone completely stops responding for a long time. But only sometimes.

I guess it would be more helpful if I provided a cat log but I only remember that I did not install an app for it yet. I can provide in future if you need.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your report.

"1) download manager seems to crash alot. Or at least the browser being asked to download crashes. Dolphin has its own downloader and does not crash. ".

=> It works if you enable "Storage" permission in Browser Apps info in Settings. Many not-updated apps could crash if they not handle well the new Marshmallow permission system

"2) Chrome (Final or beta) crashes... But It's odd because you get the prompt that it is forced closed but it stays working, and works ok after clicking ok. But the prompt happens often so it is not comfortable to use. "

=> Fixed in latest release 2015-10-31

"3) sometimes auto screen off, like when reading something and the screen times out, can be very slow to reactivate the device. First time, I thought I had to force restart. Phone completely stops responding for a long time. But only sometimes. "

=> Haven't experimented this, but maybe your problem is fixed in latest release

stephanmc

Aug 15, 2013
Paris
@stephanmc did you make any changes in the source before compiling ? Im having some framework/overlay errors when trying to make my own build but don't know if its the problem in the source or my build environment because I'm building on OSX El Capitan.

It is probably not releated to your build environment, the current CM source tree is actually pretty unstable. Then yes I made some modifications to source to fix build, let me know if you need some help I'll try to find a free time and help you :)

Reactions: Packsman

stephanmc

Aug 15, 2013
Paris
Some updates for you guys:

- Build 2015-10-31 is out, with nice CM features (Themes works in this build)

- Since October 28, SetupWizard (the first screen which welcome you the first time you install the ROM) was buggy and audio is just broken in CM Source. That's why I planned to fix it instead of making out a build with "no sound" in the phone ^^. I finally fixed that issue of no audio.

- SetupWizard actually freeze at first time. I will look into it in next days when I will have more free time if it is not yet fixed by CM.

- So again about SetupWizard, when you finish install and the phone has booted, just let the phone freeze, then it will auto-reboot, then freeze again, then autoreboot again, then all will become normal

Last edited:
Reactions: Packsman

Packsman

Aug 1, 2011
Beograd
It is probably not releated to your build environment, the current CM source tree is actually pretty unstable. Then yes I made some modifications to source to fix build, let me know if you need some help I'll try to find a free time and help you :)

Thank you, I would like to know which modifications u made so I can apply it on my own source, whenever you have time, I would appreciate it very much.

Reactions: stephanmc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

Glad to share with you my builds of CyanogenMod 13.0 (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) for Nexus 4 (mako).
    These will probably become obsolete when CM will officially release nightlies for our device, but if as me you can't wait, you can flash it as usual zips.

It is important to note that *at this time of writing* (october 2015), things are not that stable in CM sources. I fixed various issues to make this, and I deeply test everything I build. So, even if I plan a release every day or two (and also depending of my free time in life), nothing will be out if it is too much unstable, I release only "usable" builds.

[About this build]
    - Require bootloader/radio from Lollipop minimum
    - Contains all CM (kernel, system, ... )

[Note before installation]
    - I suggest you to backup your app data with Titanium Backup if you want to restore your apps later

[Downloads]
    * Build 2015-12-21
    - Build 2015-12-16
    - Build 2015-12-09
    - Build 2015-12-05
    - Build 2015-12-01
    - Build 2015-11-28
    - Build 2015-11-24
    - Build 2015-11-18
    - Build 2015-11-15
    - Build 2015-11-11
    - Build 2015-11-05
    - Build 2015-11-02
    - Build 2015-10-31
    - Build 2015-10-28

- Gapps (Google Apps) ("Micro" gapps works pretty fine on mine).

[How to Install]
    - Boot in recovery (TWRP - please use latest)
    - Wipe Data, System, Cache, Dalvik-cache
    - Install the ROM
    - (Optional) Install gapps
    - Reboot. If TWRP prompt you to install SuperSu, deny it.

"But hey! I want Root !!"
    So you want root on your Nexus 4 ;) !
    At time of writing this (october 2015), root doesn't work *from scratch* Marshmallow/CM kernel. So I included into this, "StephanMc Kernel" for mako, which is basically the same "stock" kernel (the CM one is stock-based) with SELinux set as permissive to allow root. No more adds or tweaks, just a root-possible stock kernel.

All you have to do is install SuperSu and it is good to go.
    - Download SuperSU Beta
    - Flash them Super Su
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy, you're now rooted !

[Some recommandations]
    - Enable Developer Options: Settings -> About -> tap 7 times on Build number
    - Enable USB Debbuging
    - Enable Offline APK installations: Security -> Unkown sources

[About Titanium Backup]
    - Titanium Backup is fixed since build 2015-11-05

[Where is System Ui Tuner ?]
    - Expand the Notification bar until you see the Settings icon (on top right corner)
    - Hold on the icon for about 5 seconds
    - Congrats! You can find System UI Tuner menu into Settings -> just under "About phone" menu

[About Snapchat ? ]
    - Snapchat crashes at login with Marshmallow. You can workaround this by downgrading to v9.9.0 (google it), then log in the app. Once done, you're free to update it as usual if you want.

[Screenshots]
    - See attachments

[Working / Known issues]
    ** Not working **
    - (Annoying) When In landscape view, notification panel redraw itself also on navigation bar (fixes coming soon)
    - Switching from 3G to 2G network seems not working (fixes coming soon)

** Working **
    - Everything else

- Some gapps can lead you to wierd "force closes", please make sure you choose a working one.
    - Any other issue found ? Let me know

If an application crashes, please first go to the "Application Info" screen in Settings, and make sure this app have its required-to-work permissions enabled. For example, Browser app need "Storage" if you need to download from it.

[Source / Credits]
    - Google / CyanogenMod / Dmitry Grinberg for his awesome work on N4 / Benzo for his nice gapps

[Changelog]
    - Check CM changelog related to the date of my build : http://www.cmxlog.com/13/mako

If you find this useful, feel free to hit thanks button, or share it with people you love :)

@ everyone
    As you probably know, CM finally released official builds for mako :).

This is a very good news, meaning that you'll get update almost every day, things going to be more and more "stable" for daily use, and bugs will be likely to be fixed as soon as possible by the official team.

I was pleased to bring you my builds since 2 months now, trying to make fix here and there so that earliers releases could feel as "good".

Thanks everyone for having downloaded, tested, reported, etc... Love you community ;)
    Good news guys, my patches were merged so the next nightly will include my radio fix and doze mode. These were the last known issues specific to mako, enjoy the goodness. :)
    Build 2015-12-16 is out !
    It includes:

- Latest cm 13 sources
    - New tiles added in QuickSettings
    - Improvements on SystemUi and inCallUi
    - Fix up management for wifi priority
    - Updated Trebuchet UI

Note: Known issues listed on OP are still on investigation (depending of my free time).
    Thanks everyone for your nice feedbacks.
    stephanmc--When would you like to release a new build??

Very soon my friend. CM changed compiler to Clang, then I have to fix pretty things to make build work... but I feel a build could be released tonight (after my workday ;) )