[ROM][manta][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix for Nexus 10

Search This thread

jepe63

Jul 4, 2011
Headphone jack is not working

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

As mentioned a couple post back

This is a known problem for some time, but no solution.

It does... after a reboot. It depends on how you listen to media first time after a reboot: If you listened via headphone, only listening via headphone works. If you listened via speakers, only speakers work. Reboot, rinse and repeat...

Corinna

Try reading the whole thread in the future ;)

BlackPatrick

Apr 29, 2016
I've been trying out this ROM for a couple days now and while I'm amazed by the level of customization it offers, having spent hours trying out every setting there is, I have to say I have encountered a plaguing issue that makes RR pretty much unbearable to use for me.

The killing off of apps in the background is ridiculously aggressive, to the point where it's difficult to even use 2 apps in rotation, without them always having to fully reload every time I switch to the other.
This happens all the while there seems to be more than enough RAM left to use. Most times there are at the very least 400 MB, up to over 500 MB of RAM left free, yet even Play Music get's killed off while playing music, as I browse Reddit, which I've never experienced before; or YouTube reloading entirely, after I switch to my launcher for 2 seconds.

This problem has frustrated me a lot and I've tried pretty much everything I could think of to try to get rid of it: making sure background tasks are not limited, making sure they don't get killed off immediately (developer options), disabling battery optimization, having only very few apps installed, having very few apps running, disabling the built in task manager from the quick settings, installing Kernel Adiutor to check on virtual memory settings and low memory killer settings, adding Z-RAM and even installing an app to artificially fill up RAM to see what happens. At like 350 MB RAM left the whole thing would crash and free up all memory.

I have no idea where this aggressive background killing is coming from. The only thing I could think off that is has something to do with the built in battery optimizations by RR not considering this device's constraints. Which is kinda ironic considering battery life is seemingly worse compared to OmniROM, which didn't have these issues and I'm probably gonna go back to.

I don't know if there is anything you can do, Corinna, but I'd love it if you could, since I like this ROM a lot otherwise.

Anyway, I really appreciate your efforts to keep such an old, outdated tablet still alive. :good:

Edit: I installed the latest OmniROM, but had a multitude of other issues with it. So I switched to LineageOS 14.1 but I'm experiencing the same issue as with this one, not even being able to open a website in a chrome custom tab without the app from which I opened it completely reloading.

So I'm switching back to RR, because I like RR's extensive features more ;)

Last edited:

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
I've been playing around with this again as phone wise, I've switched to the pixel 2 xl & I've not rooted it (yet). So to get my flash on, here I am. I'm actually waiting for the latest build to boot up. Thank you for keeping this alive sir.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 20180319

New release for manta.

Heads up: Given that the RR team decided to abandon the nougat branch completely, I made an effort to pull in all ASB patches since December, not only the kernel patches. So this release comes with all (January, February and) March ASB[1][2] patches, as far as they affect Nougat.

Therefore, this ROM will claim an Android security level of 2018-03-05, and rightfully so.

For those of you keeping track of the sources, I pushed everything to github. Just replace the RR platform manifest with https://github.com/github-cygwin/rr_platform_manifest.git and run `repo sync --force-sync'. This replaces some repositories with the LineageOS version, and some repositories with the versions from https://github.com/github-cygwin/ (all of them start with "rr_").

Corinna

BlackPatrick

Apr 29, 2016
Thank you again, @cvxda, for your continued support.

I have finally come back to this ROM after I figured out that I misunderstood how low memory killer settings worked. Now I am using the light profile from Kernel Adiutor and it works pretty well, like it used to. RAM availability isn't great, but that's just how it is. System and Apps keep increasing in size, but the RAM isn't.

I've tried both Oreo based ROMs, Lineage OS 15.1 and Resurrection Remix 6.0, both by @followmsi, but I've run into different RAM related issues, where it would lag/stutter and ultimately freeze (System UI becoming unresponsive) after a couple minutes of use, presumably because it got low on ram and wouldn't/couldn't free it up. Only a hard, forced reboot would fix it, but then again only for a little while. Changing low memory killer settings to very light or even aggressive wouldn't help.

Anyway, my question is, are there any plans to build upon and support RR 6.0? @followmsi's build already worked great apart from that freeze issue and I sure would love to be able to use the latest Android version on all my devices.

Thanks Corinna :)

servimih

Sep 21, 2017
Dnepr
New release for manta.

Heads up: Given that the RR team decided to abandon the nougat branch completely, I made an effort to pull in all ASB patches since December, not only the kernel patches. So this release comes with all (January, February and) March ASB[1][2] patches, as far as they affect Nougat.

Therefore, this ROM will claim an Android security level of 2018-03-05, and rightfully so.

For those of you keeping track of the sources, I pushed everything to github. Just replace the RR platform manifest with https://github.com/github-cygwin/rr_platform_manifest.git and run `repo sync --force-sync'. This replaces some repositories with the LineageOS version, and some repositories with the versions from https://github.com/github-cygwin/ (all of them start with "rr_").

Corinna
How to install Magisk or SuperSU? Tried this option, but it does not work:(
- Backup everything (TWRP and internal storage)
- Format Data then Wipe everything (cache, data, system, internal storage, vendor)
- Copy ROM and Gapps to Internal storage.
- Flash ROM and Gapps
- Reboot System
- Reboot back to TWRP
- Flash Magisk and everything else.
- Reboot to system

BlackPatrick

Apr 29, 2016
How to install Magisk or SuperSU? Tried this option, but it does not work:(

You might have to install the Magisk .apk manually.

- Flash Magisk and everything else.

What do you mean everything else? Magisk is probably the thing you want to install last, definitely after you install any Kernel.

Edit: I might be wrong about installing Magisk last. Some say you're supposed to install Magisk before the Kernel.

Last edited:

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
ResurrectionRemix 5.8.5 20180413

New release for manta.

Heads up: Given that the RR team decided to abandon the nougat branch completely, I pulled in the April ASB patches myself.

Corinna

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
New release for manta.

Heads up: Given that the RR team decided to abandon the nougat branch completely, I pulled in the April ASB patches myself.

Corinna

Thank you so much for this. RR is my favorite of the nougat builds for this device and it's awesome that you are working so hard on this for us.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
Will there be an oreo version of resurrection remix in the future?

There is an Oreo-based RR version already, but the actual problem here is that there isn't an official lineage manta port to Oreo. I'm trying to keep the kernel in a good shape, but I'm already engaged porting another device to Oreo. I simply don't have enough time to port manta to Oreo,too, as frustrating as this is to myself as well, sorry.

Corinna

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
There is an Oreo-based RR version already, but the actual problem here is that there isn't an official lineage manta port to Oreo. I'm trying to keep the kernel in a good shape, but I'm already engaged porting another device to Oreo. I simply don't have enough time to port manta to Oreo,too, as frustrating as this is to myself as well, sorry.

Corinna

I may try to keep building for myself or at least updating this ROM (if I can, as I am no developer). I count on this device as my go to tablet to this day and as much as I do not really care about updates (as long as the device is working as it should), if I can get an update (or build one with update trees), or build one, I will... Lol... We all appreciate everything that have done for us.
I think Nougat was the last of the good customizable Google releases anyways. We lost so much with the move to Oreo.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: ianlunatech

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Installed the rom last night and had nothing but issues. Random reboots everytime the tablet starts. Sometimes it works for few minutes other times it starts and then just reboots.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
Thanks for all the fish

Hi guys,

It was a nice time but all things end at one point. You may have noticed a certain absence of mine in the last few weeks. I'm still using the device almost daily, but it took me a while to realize that I just didn't have time to work on manta anymore.

Fortunately there's another thread which even provides Oreo updates, created and maintained by @followmsi:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10/development/rom-lineage-14-1-20170216-unofficial-t3557735
I'd like to suggest to switch over to this thread and @followmsi's builds if you didn't already.

See you around,
Corinna

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rr.jpg

Unofficial Resurrection Remix ROM for Nexus 10 (manta)

News 2018-03-20: RR-5.8.5-20180319 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2018-03-05.
    News 2018-03-14: RR-5.8.5-20180314 uploaded. Kernel updated to Android patchlevel 2018-03-05.
    News 2018-02-16: RR-5.8.5-20180216 uploaded. Kernel updated to Android patchlevel 2018-02-05.
    News 2018-01-24: RR-5.8.5-20180124 uploaded. Kernel updated to Android patchlevel 2018-01-05.
    News 2017-12-16: RR-5.8.5-20171216 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2017-12-05.
    News 2017-11-21: RR-5.8.5-20171121 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2017-11-06.
    News 2017-10-08: RR-5.8.5-20171008 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2017-10-05.
    News 2017-08-17: RR-5.8.4-20170816 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2017-08-05.
    News 2017-07-23: RR-5.8.3-20170723 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2017-07-05. Magisk update to 13.3.
    News 2017-06-07: RR-5.8.3-20170607 uploaded. Updated to Android 7.1.2, patchlevel 2017-06-05.
    News 2017-04-17: RR-5.8.3-20170417 uploaded. Updated to Android 7.1.2, patchlevel 2017-04-05.
    News 2017-02-25: RR-5.8.2-20170225 uploaded. Updated to Android patchlevel 2017-02-05.
    News 2017-02-23: RR-5.8.2-20170222 uploaded. This version contains a patch to fix the video resizing issue.
    News 2017-02-19: Test version of Nougat-based Resurrection Remix 5.8.2 uploaded. Work in progress! Expect bugs.
    News 2017-02-11: Test version of Nougat-based Resurrection Remix 5.8.1 uploaded.[/b]
    News 2017-01-08: Test version of Nougat-based Resurrection Remix 5.8.0 uploaded.

News 2016-12-08: Update to version 2016-12-08. LED setting patch as well as CVE-2016-8655 patch have been accepted and applied upstream, so this version has no local patches anymore.
    News 2016-12-07: Add kernel patch to fix CVE-2016-8655
    News 2016-12-02: Updated to version 2016-12-02 with LED setting fix.
    News 2016-11-28: New https download URL https://cygwin.de/rr/manta/
    News 2016-11-17: Updated to include a patch for the Xposed problems starting with 6.0.1_r74.
    News 2016-11-12: Updated to Android patchlevel 2016-11-05.
    News 2016-10-26: Updated with patch fixing "Dirty COW" (CVE-2016-5195).

Built from stock RR github repo.

You need an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed
    • I suggest to update to TWRP-3.1.0-0 or later.
    • If you use TWRP-3.0.2-0, you have to reinstall (pico) GApps every time after you installed the new ROM.

How to install:
    • Enter recovery mode
    • Factory reset
    • Flash below ROM
    • Optionally flash Gapps. I suggest the pico OpenGapps package due to space constraints of the system partition
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy
    • Starting with version 5.7.0 OTA updates are supported (see screenshots)

Download from:

ROM OS RR 5.8.5:
    • Nougat 7.1.2_r36 - NJH47F
    • Kernel 3.4.113-lineage-g1ad94118ccb0
    • ChangeLog

ROM OS RR 5.7.4:
    • Marshmellow 6.0.1_r74 - MOB31K
    • Kernel 3.4.67-cyanogenmod-gce0068cb807e
    • ChangeLog

Contributor:

Sources:

Have fun,
    Corinna
    ResurrectionRemix 5.8.5 20180413

New release for manta.

Corinna
    Thanks for all the fish

Hi guys,

It was a nice time but all things end at one point. You may have noticed a certain absence of mine in the last few weeks. I'm still using the device almost daily, but it took me a while to realize that I just didn't have time to work on manta anymore.

Fortunately there's another thread which even provides Oreo updates, created and maintained by @followmsi:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10/development/rom-lineage-14-1-20170216-unofficial-t3557735
    I'd like to suggest to switch over to this thread and @followmsi's builds if you didn't already.

See you around,
    Corinna
    Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 20180314

Updated kernel to the latest Android patchlevel 2018-03-05.

Have fun,
    Corinna
    Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 20171008

Update to the latest RR 5.8.5, as well as the latest Android patchlevel 2017-10-05.

Have fun,
    Corinna