[ROM][May 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.3 <<< | TEST Build Available

Search This thread

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com

phiremod.jpg

Welcome to phiremod for Nook! This rom is based off CM7.0.3, so thanks to Cyanogen and teamdouche for the awesome work.

I am not a developer - I do this for fun - thank your devs for all of their much appreciated work.

Let me make this clear: If you want stock CyanogenMod on your nook, please download it from here. I tweaked it for my purposes, and decided to share it with the community. Feel free to take it or leave it. To follow the progress of CM7 development for the Nook, please see Dalingrin's thread here. If you are a developer of an included app and wish for me to remove it, just let me know.

Your warranty was void long ago, so I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won’t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.​

Installation for V6.3:
- NOTE: If you would like to run phiremod off your SD card rather than EMMC, XDA user racks11479 made a nice guide here.
- Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery =)
- Also available via Rom Manager

New! Test build available based on Nightly 101. Please be aware it is based on an 'unstable' nightly build. Please take the necessary backups.

Get it here!

Huge thanks to:
Cyanogen + teamdouche
Mad-Murdock
samuelhalff
adam2010
Cicada
thecubed
dalingrin
fattire
All the others who made Froyo/Gingerbread possible for the nook.

Last edited:

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
Changelog:

V6.3
:: As always, a fresh install is recommended, but not required. If you upgrade and experience issues, please WIPE and reflash before posting.
* Based on CM 7.0.3
* OC Kernel
* Tweaked Theme
* LauncherPro
* New email app
* New canvas app
* Updated Market to 2.3.6
* Updated Titanium Backup
* Removed some bloat
* Other minor things

Last edited:

Link3737

Jul 25, 2010
"- System fonts are still black (so status bar text/menu setting text aren't readable)"

I'm no themer, but I would think this would be fairly easy to fix.

That aside, it's great to see a new release on the NC scene. Downloading now!

Reactions: bblount

shad0wf0x

Apr 22, 2008
For what it's worth, i'm having the same problem setting up my google account on your rom as I was having on nookie froyo .6.7 with gapps an hour ago. With the same errors in the logcat as well.

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  897): Displayed activity com.google.android.gsf/.login.Login
I/CheckinService( 1114): Preparing to send checkin request
V/CheckinRequestBuilder( 1114): pre-froyo android id is 0
I/CheckinTask( 1114): Sending checkin request (30812 bytes)
E/CheckinTask( 1114): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (request #0)
E/CheckinTask( 1114): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinTask.parseResponse(CheckinTask.java:298)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinTask.sendRequest(CheckinTask.java:246)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinTask.doInBackground(CheckinTask.java:146)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService$1.doInBackground(CheckinService.java:221)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService$1.doInBackground(CheckinService.java:228)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1068)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:561)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

Reactions: phiredrop

TheEditor

Features
- Froyo 2.2.1
- Sudo-Gingerbread theme (ADW)
- Default LCD density of 160 (user adjustable)
- Some larger framework image files for the larger screen
- Miui Music and Gallery
- Droid X keyboard
- gTab simi Clock widget included
- LCDDensity included

comdei

Dec 9, 2010
Looks nice, just wondering why you wanted to keep the stock launcher that has the phone.apk shortcut on it.

While we have no phone?

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
Looks nice, just wondering why you wanted to keep the stock launcher that has the phone.apk shortcut on it. While we have no phone?
Notice the OP mentions the use of ADW for the launcher, so this ROM does not use stock launcher. This means that the phone icon is customizable.

do the "read to me" books still work with just the Nook app?
Unfortunately, I don't believe they do, but I have not confirmed this myself.

Since not everyone likes to flash to eMMC, can we get a version for boot via SD or failing that instruction for converting it and I will be happy to do the work and make it available.
I will look into it, and if I don't have time, I'll contact you ;)

Jamdat33

May 17, 2009
Soooo guys dont try to format your sd cards in this rom because it will brick your nook. It wont boot into anything. it wont even boot. Apparently instead of formatting the card it formats the boot partition which is the worst idea ever. Soo learn from my mistakes. I now have a 250 paperweight and no books to read...

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Soooo guys dont try to format your sd cards in this rom because it will brick your nook. It wont boot into anything. it wont even boot. Apparently instead of formatting the card it formats the boot partition which is the worst idea ever. Soo learn from my mistakes. I now have a 250 paperweight and no books to read...

Before you declare a "BRICK", try this:

Read through the Dummies Guide to Fixing 'My Nook Won't Boot'.

I did it last night and I'm back up and running again. Here's my post for an abridged version of what I did last night: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11374824&postcount=29

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle

*Facepalm* They've said countless times to not format card inside this, plus formatting boot doesnt screw your nook permanently, theres hundreds of threads about booting into CWR and then flashing a restore to stock ROM. I even wrote an entire guide in the general section about what you did and how to fix it. Check it out, its called "Dummies guide to fixing my nook wont boot"

Jamdat33

May 17, 2009
turns out my sd card was faulty, just spent the last half an hour figuring that out. Borrowed one from my dad and ur guide worked flawlessly! Thanks guys... il never lose faith in my nook ever again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

phiremod.jpg

Welcome to phiremod for Nook! This rom is based off CM7.0.3, so thanks to Cyanogen and teamdouche for the awesome work.

I am not a developer - I do this for fun - thank your devs for all of their much appreciated work.

Let me make this clear: If you want stock CyanogenMod on your nook, please download it from here. I tweaked it for my purposes, and decided to share it with the community. Feel free to take it or leave it. To follow the progress of CM7 development for the Nook, please see Dalingrin's thread here. If you are a developer of an included app and wish for me to remove it, just let me know.

Your warranty was void long ago, so I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won’t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.​

Installation for V6.3:
    - NOTE: If you would like to run phiremod off your SD card rather than EMMC, XDA user racks11479 made a nice guide here.
    - Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery =)
    - Also available via Rom Manager

New! Test build available based on Nightly 101. Please be aware it is based on an 'unstable' nightly build. Please take the necessary backups.

Get it here!

Huge thanks to:
    Cyanogen + teamdouche
    Mad-Murdock
    samuelhalff
    adam2010
    Cicada
    thecubed
    dalingrin
    fattire
    All the others who made Froyo/Gingerbread possible for the nook.

Changelog:

V6.3
    :: As always, a fresh install is recommended, but not required. If you upgrade and experience issues, please WIPE and reflash before posting.
    * Based on CM 7.0.3
    * OC Kernel
    * Tweaked Theme
    * LauncherPro
    * New email app
    * New canvas app
    * Updated Market to 2.3.6
    * Updated Titanium Backup
    * Removed some bloat
    * Other minor things
    V5.3 based on RC4 is out.

Please take the time to read the entire original post (yep, page 1). I tried hard to make all the necessary notes for a successful installation as well as other tips and 'thank you's' and the like.

This release does not contain the bottom status bar tweak. Mad-murdock is doing some incredible things, but they will not be a part of phiremod until it is incorporated into the CM source. I strive for phiremod to always be a solid and stable OS, so projects that are in beta or any other testing phase generally are not included. But rest assured, once mad-mudrock's excellent work is complete, it will be incorporated into phiremod.

If you haven't given him or samuelhalff a thanks, go do that now! =)

Now go download 5.3!
    Ladies and Gents, phiremod nook V6 is out!

Please see the updated post and changelog for details!
    Hey folks,

To answer some common questions:

For the time being, phiremod will only be a CM7 base. And if you haven't figured it out by now, I will not be releasing updates with each Nightly. phiremod releases will be from time to time given (1) I have the time, and (2) the Nightlies address significant performance improvements and other large issues.

I also wanted to give a huge shout out to everyone on the thread for helping each other and for keeping me encouraged to continue phiremod for nook. You guys are great.

Thanks