• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][MB3|MA2][NightStorm 4.0 | 3.7][FAST|STABLE|TWEAKED]

Search This thread

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Sv: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

No problem, what color you want it in?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: nasdiemx

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008
Re: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Armm! White to begin with.:D

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008
Re: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Thanks buddy:thumbup:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Thanks buddy:thumbup:

No problem! Just happy to be able to help. Will try to do more fun xml mods, come with ideas! Gharringtons update seems promising. Will be fun to try it out, will definitly be included in next release.

However I will be calm for a few days. Have decided to kill my computer, and dualboot with Windows (only run Linux atm), and there are more dev tools for windows (odd enough), so I do two fresh installs (might take a while to config everything), then I'm back and modding.

Meanwhile, please continue to come up with ideas and test it out. Not to much noice in the thread, must mean it works just fine and not very much to complain about :) (Positive thinking!)

I will still read and answer in here, but development will take a brake until I got my system up and running / working. Shouldn't take that long though.

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Sv: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

So, dualboot with linux and win7. Well guys, anything new? Feels like a few days off and I miss a lot. Running 3.7 myself and everything is fast, lagfee, good battery at least for me. No problem what so everyone. Have Anyone else used it for a while and have some feedback?

reggaetonero

Nov 1, 2008

Hey bro how you doing? Hows your system coming along?

Just a quick message, 3.7 is working super smooth :thumbup: which is probably you not seen much feedback.

There is one thing though, any chance that the multiwindow bar be transparent?

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Hey bro how you doing? Hows your system coming along?

Just a quick message, 3.7 is working super smooth :thumbup: which is probably you not seen much feedback.

There is one thing though, any chance that the multiwindow bar be transparent?

Finally got it as I want, did a complete reinstall twice since I realised I made the partioning stupid, reinstall is faster and less problem than resize them. So now Linux and Win plays well and both has tools (abd, apktool, etc), and a common 400Gb data partion that both has access too. Acutally quite handy... Linux is great, but it's nice to boot windows and play some Crysis from time to time.. maximum joy :D

And yes, I feel thesame, 3.7 is running like a clock, no lag, no problem, just run and run, I can't find anything wrong, even TrackID works flawless :) That's why I haven't updated anything, I can't really find anything to update. So at the moment I'm waiting for either new ideas or new firmware (skip MR2), something that makes update worth it. But on the other hand, since it works just fine, theres no panic.

Because, if there are a new mod of <whatever> , flash it then, that's no reason to update a whole rom :)

When it comes to multiwindow, raubatzke made a transparent theme that works perfect. I'll attach it in this post, added it to post #3 aswell.

And thanks for feedback! Wonder how many who uses the rom, but if the silence is beacuse it works well it's OK :) More fun to develop and try to improve if people acutally uses it. Maybe do a poll...

Attachments

• N2_Multi_Win_theme.zip
    588.6 KB · Views: 3

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

Hi mate

Could you have a look into making Facebook's smiley as against those monster green default emoticons in android?
Here is what I mean:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2069868
And if possible to keep SGs3 default messaging style

Last edited:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik

Hi mate

Could you have a look into making Facebook's smiley as against those monster green default emoticons in android?
Here is what I mean:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2069868
And if possible to keep SGs3 default messaging style

Sure, no problem. I can make a CWM that only add smileys, regardless of what theme you have now - or stock (smooth soloution). However i'm at work atm, but when i get home I'll fix it.

I can also make a complete stock secmms.apk with thoose if you prefer that.

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik

Some battery life for thoose who wonder.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361276563585.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361276563585.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: gamal001

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

...Anyway it will work am in for.:)

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
...Anyway it will work am in for.:)

As promised. I took one of them and pulled out the smileys and made a CWM for you. It will only replace smileys, nothing else. So the look will stay thesame, only smileys changes. Let me know if I missunderstod which one you ment and I can make another one.

I won't add it to OP yet, I'll do that when we are happy with it :)

EDIT: An other attachment. Supprised noone said it, but DSP => EQ, FC when you try to open it (However the settings work). But, made an update for it. Uploading a complete rom feels overkill :) Added in OP aswell.

Attachments

• ns_yellow_smiley_upd.zip
    800.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ns_fix_dsp.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

...hahaha I guess awesome beat help stop the "mega beat has stop working during calls and etc. for me. Thus why I wasn't commenting. Will give a try and see how it goes.

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

The attachment has all the details.
uploadfromtaptalk1361305662454.jpg

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
The attachment has all the details.
View attachment 1744058

Have thougt of that myself, but never given it any attention, like : - ) , who does that now a days, : ) is the only one I belive.. so I will give that some time to figure out and try.

Other than that, was the yellow smileys good for you?

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

Yeah the smileys were good. I also tried HTC smileys and they were Kool also as yours.
If you manage to get it than, it should be a hallmark in your next rom. I will anyway keep you updated if I come across something I can't figure it out. :D
Thanks for time. It's much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Hi mate,
Looks like this guy manage to edit the xml file and and got the nose remove
U can have a look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20044200

Probably you will understand more than I do & get it work

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Have you tried emoji with stock secmms.apk? As in aosp / cm10

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1093197

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Yeah the smileys were good. I also tried HTC smileys and they were Kool also as yours.
If you manage to get it than, it should be a hallmark in your next rom. I will anyway keep you updated if I come across something I can't figure it out. :D
Thanks for time. It's much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Hi mate,
Looks like this guy manage to edit the xml file and and got the nose remove
U can have a look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20044200

Probably you will understand more than I do & get it work

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Have you tried emoji with stock secmms.apk? As in aosp / cm10

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1093197

Well, Sir, have given it a shot. Not sure if it's as you want - but give it a try. I took the stock SecMms and changed the smiley shortcuts, so if you want thoose yellow smileys back, reflash that after. Theese changes needs to be done to every language (almost), so it's a bit of a pain in the a-s, but I looked at your pick, and you use english? In that case this should have effect since I changed the english XML, most used one I belive. If you see no change, please let me know which lang you use.

I tried it in english and the nose is gone, however I'm not 100% if we are on the samge page. But check it out and repport.

This will stay here and not in OP, since it's more of a.. you and me experiment for now :)

EDIT: Screenshoot of it in post after this.

Last edited:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik

Screenshoot of it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361393095247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361393095247.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 93

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

you SIR right there is the man. ...tip my hat! Thanks

Reactions: tsw_sweden

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    development is over.​
    Statusrepport:

V3.6 with XXEMA2 is built and running on my phone. Testing at least this day to see if anything is wrong. DSP / Megabassbeats is gone, a few changes here and there (list will come later), and gharringtons awesome mod of course.

I don't want to rush too much, will only be repports of problems, better I find them first. It is built and in existance, so it won't take THAT much longer :)

EDIT: Ran into some problems, working on solving it atm.
    Just wanna say again this rom has made my phone amazingly fast, excellent battery and I gotta say with the boeffla sound enhancements.

Im finally happy with my phone.

Thanks

Thank you very much! I'll try my best. And as said before, many things don't involve the rom itself, such as diffrent mods; that can be applied to any rom :) So the trick is to do a good base that suits - not all - but at least some people.

Just hope that 4.2.1 will be official soon. There are a lot of settings in the apk's that's not vissible at the moment, so offical should have more settings. And regarding 4.1.2 (in my case NightStorm v3.7) i don't push it any further, doubt I can make it any better - and as said, mods can be flashed either way :)

I've been using 4.0 (4.2.1 leak) for a week, no big issues, battery lasts long, and fast. Just want Samsung to give us official so we have something more concret to work with. But just to do something, will try some stuff with SystemUI under the weekend.