• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][MB3|MA2][NightStorm 4.0 | 3.7][FAST|STABLE|TWEAKED]

Search This thread

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
you SIR right there is the man. ...tip my hat! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Thanks! Glad to make something you like, that's whats it all about. Keep suggestions comming, since I have no obvious stuff going on. Many things allready exists as an mod, best example for that is gharringtons framework. However I can make changes you want - if you of some reason don't want or use 3minit (like change clock color or something), since I mod the xml for that.

Theres really no point in modding stuff that allready someone else does and updates, soo, I must take my thinking hat on and figure out something cool (and usefull).

But.. it's a stable and fast rom (for me at least) that just works, so I guess there ain't no panic in rom update (besides rebase (waiting for the one after MR2)).

..so, the fact that I don't update every other day is a good thing :D

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Well guys.. I9300XXUFMB3 released, Android 4.2.1 (!)

NightStorm ETA unknown, may take a while. This is more than a usuall rebase. Hightlights with the 4.2.1 itself:

Improved Ripple effect on Lockscreen
New Android 4.2.1 Lockscreen with widgets
Daydream (Settings>Display)
New Additions in Notification Center
Notifications are more actionable
Voice Command (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands)

So, will add all my stuff, and I'm afraid that it many cases it's back to square 1 , so ETA is impossible to say.

I'm really excited of this one, will be fun to get my hands on it. So now we will bump to 4.0 with such a big update, it will also included latest S-Note, kernel, and stuff like that. I can of course just dedox and throw it up as 4.0 , but I'm not that keen on doing that. It's better it takes some time and actually is NightStorm touch on it.

Last edited:

Fauert

Mar 5, 2011
Well guys.. I9300XXUFMB3 released, Android 4.2.1 (!)

NightStorm ETA unknown, may take a while. This is more than a usuall rebase. Hightlights with the 4.2.1 itself:

Improved Ripple effect on Lockscreen
New Android 4.2.1 Lockscreen with widgets
Daydream (Settings>Display)
New Additions in Notification Center
Notifications are more actionable
Voice Command (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands)

So, will add all my stuff, and I'm afraid that it many cases it's back to square 1 , so ETA is impossible to say.

I'm really excited of this one, will be fun to get my hands on it. So now we will bump to 4.0 with such a big update, it will also included latest S-Note, kernel, and stuff like that. I can of course just dedox and throw it up as 4.0 , but I'm not that keen on doing that. It's better it takes some time and actually is NightStorm touch on it.

Exiting to see your work with this XXUFMB3 :good:

klacker

Dec 5, 2011
Re: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Heard that the new firmware isn't as smooth...

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Sv: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Heard that the new firmware isn't as smooth...

Yeah, after all it's the first 4.2.1, it should get better with time. However the mods and stuff like that can be done anyway. If it's too buggy and slow, i won't release it, but i'm ready when next 4.2.1 shows up (mean that new mods etc is allready done).

Spoke a bit with other devs, and seems like battery drain is quite bad on it. But, we won't know until we try. Deodexing at the moment. Haven't done that much today, spent whole day with "real life" ;)

Tomorrow i should run 4.2.1, then it's "only" all mods.
I'll keep updating here with progress.

Last edited:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Re: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Just to let you all know I'm working on it. Feels quite snappy and many new functions and touches. But it takes a lot of work, so ETA it still quite far away. Not that stable either. I feel that uploading this will not be very good, stay with 3.7 (MA2) until everything works as it should. Allready had a few bootloops =)

This was most a prove that I actually does something (silence in thread does not mean I don't do anything)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361730664472.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361730664472.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik

Think you'll have to wait until official is released. Well, 4.2.1 has some new cool features and for the 1st time it actually feels like an update.

However this leaked ain't that stable, an simple thing like S-Planner frooze the phone and booted (seems to happen every now and then), so if someone use it's as an daily they will go crazy on it :)

Very nice changes here and there, like toggles layout, so it's worth trying for fun, like the pin-code when phone starts, looks like Jkay :D

So I will use this to make mods and all that, but will not release it. It will only be complains (that's not even my fault). However the official can't be that far away.. (but who knows).

YES! It is fun to have the latest and all that, but I have to relay on the phone, don't have time and energy with random FC's and all that. That's why I won't upload a 4.0 with MB3. There are allready MB3 versions to download if someone want's to try, but read in the threads as well, there are a lot of bugs/fcs/etc.. :silly:

Ah, and to give an idea how much has changed, not even the lockscreen wallpaper is in thesame place. So themers have to redo work aswell. But on the other hand this 4.2.1 can set lockscreen wallpaper from settings :)

And an note I did, in SecSettings.apk there actually are ink_effect files - but no ink in settings, so, it might be there - but not enabled. Overall, a lot to investigate. COFFEEEE!! :)

EDIT: 4.1.2 (MA2) feels faster in some points, and 4.2.1 in other points. When 4.2.1 is done and mods is done, it will be a killer (regardless of what ROM), the 4.2.1 itself will be nice when it's running as stable as current 4.1.2s. If that made any sens :)

EDIT 2: I myself will continue using 3.7 since it's supersmooth comparing to MB3. Also no other kernels works yet (bootloop), so, the reasons are many to wait a bit longer..

Last edited:

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

It pays to wait. Until then will come out with other stuff in case I need your help. :beer:cheers:beer: ...I don't even drink:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 have been a FAN since day one

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
It pays to wait. Until then will come out with other stuff in case I need your help. :beer:cheers:beer: ...I don't even drink:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 have been a FAN since day one

True that. I'm using 3.7 and it's rock solid and everything just works. Sure 4.2.1 is more awesome, but you will throw your S3 out of the window after a while :) Also lack of mods at the moment (working on it though). Lang support is also poor in leaked 4.2.1. Better let it seattle for a while.

I do understand that people wants 4.2.1, but I can't recommend it (at least for daily use).

Well, just keep an eye on firmware page and grab the official as soon as I see it. When a version that is stable shows up, I will release 4.0, if not all mods are done - not that important, just release updates one after another.

The reason for not releasing 4.0 is that FW is not that stable. Also Siyah and company aren't done yet either.

And, every night I try to get xml and smali do as I want, so I'm not "only" waiting for official 4.2.1.

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012

Is acid taken out of this rom.

Its says in the change log acid removed but below that it says that acid sound engine is included

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008

It's actually removed. I for one have not been a fan of it. There is DSP which to ME is better than ac!d.

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012

Hey,

Just wanted to say this is a pretty amazing rom,

Smooth, amazing battery life from a heavy user,

Only letdown is the sound, dsp manager weirdly crashes.

Thanks for amazing rom im pretty much sticking with you

In my opinion acid is pretty amazing if tweaked right:)

Reactions: tsw_sweden

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Hey,

Just wanted to say this is a pretty amazing rom,

Smooth, amazing battery life from a heavy user,

Only letdown is the sound, dsp manager weirdly crashes.

Thanks for amazing rom im pretty much sticking with you

In my opinion acid is pretty amazing if tweaked right:)

Thanks! Glad to hear that, I'm happy with it too. I know there aren't that much activity in thread nor updates, it depends on theese two things:

1) ROM works just as it should, can't find anything to fix (also not really worth it with 4.2.1 in mind)

2) 4.2.1 is just around the corner, and I spend my time prepering for that. Not released because of unstable fw (look in 4.2.1 threads, *a lot* of problems). But working on SystemUI and mods anyway, so they are ready. A few posts back I posted a screenshot, NS 4.0 (4.2.1) exists, but I'm waiting for official 4.2.1 first - to spare all of us problems :)

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012

Nothing wrong with a forum being quiet.

It means information is easier to access

;)

Reactions: tsw_sweden

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012

Hey

Has anyone given the boeffla kernel a go.

The sound settings are amazing and pretty much tweaked perfect.

J

;)

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Heard a lot of good feedback with Boeffa, might give that a go (whenever customkernels are ready for 4.2.1)

If everything goes as it should I will upload a 4.0 on Sunday. Since it is unofficial problems might occur (no news for anyone).

It will have

* some SystemUI mods (like transparent statusbar, 1% batterymod, a few cleanups in notification pulldown)

* Extendend powermenu with hold menu to kill open app

* Wetherwidget from galaxy note

* My usuall tweaks

* Update some apk's, like SuperSU, S-Note etc.

People who love stabillity maybe should think twice since it can be problems, and insted wait for a official.

And, it's not written in stone, but I hope I can upload on Sunday - some more mod to first + give the real life some time, weekend = do something outside :D

virgo0669

Dec 22, 2007
New Delhi
Dear tsw_sweden, could you please include a mod for fullscreen caller photo and transparent layout for dialer, whenever you feel like doing it if it is ok with you. Please. just a humble request. will be nice for the official release.I tried with 4.1.2 but get errors.but found a mod which worked. but wit 4.2.1 nothing .Thanks.…

Last edited:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Trying the rom I will upload later tonight. As this is a leak, not all mods exist yet.
This version has all apps intact, since I thought people want to check whats new in 4.2.1.
A more final release will also have a few wallpapers and other details. This is almost untouched.. but it has:

- DSP / Megabassbeats

- Extended powermenu and hold menu to kill open app (Thanks gharrington for figure that out)

- 1% Battery mod , 25% Transparent statusbar, center clock

- Latest SuperSU (1.20)

- S-Note

- Usuall build.prop tweaks

- Multilanguage

- TrackID from Xperia

- Stock kernel (but with init.d support) .. since we don't have any customs yet.

So, this is a preview, or beta, whatever we like to call it. So there is much polish and more stuff to add. Link will pop up later (soon).

Also working on the theme, will upload/update that as well. Not done either, it's actually quite a lot that changed. Anoying things like filenames and places. SystemUI needs more work, the pulldown area.

However, themeing ain't a big issue, feel free to download whatever you like (or none), but I made 1% battery and center clock, as thoose feels like a "must have".

So try it out, and come up with ideas and suggestions - also keep an eye on other threads.

There is a lot to be done, but I don't want to keep this to myself forever :)

One well known issue, S-Planner FC's.. but that and other things should be fixed by Samsung later.

One last thing, stuff I manage to fix or change will come up as small CWM's. Will need to remake OP as well. ROM + Theme + Dayjob + "a life" , the days are way to short :(

EDIT: Haven't had time to do OP yet, but heres the link for it: http://labs.haxhax.se/rom/nightstorm_40_preview.zip

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    development is over.​
    Statusrepport:

V3.6 with XXEMA2 is built and running on my phone. Testing at least this day to see if anything is wrong. DSP / Megabassbeats is gone, a few changes here and there (list will come later), and gharringtons awesome mod of course.

I don't want to rush too much, will only be repports of problems, better I find them first. It is built and in existance, so it won't take THAT much longer :)

EDIT: Ran into some problems, working on solving it atm.
    Just wanna say again this rom has made my phone amazingly fast, excellent battery and I gotta say with the boeffla sound enhancements.

Im finally happy with my phone.

Thanks

Thank you very much! I'll try my best. And as said before, many things don't involve the rom itself, such as diffrent mods; that can be applied to any rom :) So the trick is to do a good base that suits - not all - but at least some people.

Just hope that 4.2.1 will be official soon. There are a lot of settings in the apk's that's not vissible at the moment, so offical should have more settings. And regarding 4.1.2 (in my case NightStorm v3.7) i don't push it any further, doubt I can make it any better - and as said, mods can be flashed either way :)

I've been using 4.0 (4.2.1 leak) for a week, no big issues, battery lasts long, and fast. Just want Samsung to give us official so we have something more concret to work with. But just to do something, will try some stuff with SystemUI under the weekend.