• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][MB3|MA2][NightStorm 4.0 | 3.7][FAST|STABLE|TWEAKED]

Search This thread

tricky593

Jan 18, 2012
Re: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Hi thank you for an eye pleasing smooth rom have tryed others but come back to this.

However im having issues with deep sleep can anyone please advise how to fix the only mod ive made is disableing a couple of apps gmail snote etc, and a flash of sphere apk

Apologies if my post incorrect, thanks in advance for any assistance

Looking forward to see what magic u will do with 4.2.1 can I ask if possible to offer current lock screen with weather info as dont like the layout of the 4.2.1 lock screen

Regards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Hi thank you for an eye pleasing smooth rom have tryed others but come back to this.

However im having issues with deep sleep can anyone please advise how to fix the only mod ive made is disableing a couple of apps gmail snote etc, and a flash of sphere apk

Apologies if my post incorrect, thanks in advance for any assistance

Looking forward to see what magic u will do with 4.2.1 can I ask if possible to offer current lock screen with weather info as dont like the layout of the 4.2.1 lock screen

Regards

First, no clue about the deepsleep. No problem here, and haven't heard anyone else having it. So I really don't have any advice. Maybe someone else has an idea. Since sphere is the only thing you added, have you tried remove it and see what happens?

Don't like it either, so that's definitly something to look into, will also try to implement ink effect again. Many FC's to come :)

But overall, it works fine and is absolutly usable. So, what we want now is custom kernel and a final release of the 4.2.1. That will be so great.

Users who like stable, use 3.7. But courious people can go ahead with 4.0 (link above, in OP later tonight).

Some tiny mods ain't done, like remove 'Accuweather.com' from Widget, that's because it's so easy so I focus on bigger problems first.

Will keep thread updated with progress.

EDIT: If you flash my nighttheme straigt after install (no updates first), it will theme "Play store" as well. More to come about that also.

Last edited:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
More info.

When decompiling Settings I found something. Files for INK are allready there, also setting for weather in lockscreen (but as we know they aren't visible)

So, what do samsung have in mind. Maybe they will be there in official 4.2.1? Will investigate more. Maybe it's possible to activate it somewhere.

Reactions: tricky593

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Sv: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Some battteryinfo with 4.2.1 (nightstorm 4 preview) Some calls, check Facebook, taken some photos, listen to some Spotify trycks etc. I'm happy with it :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362406502055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362406502055.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 313

cybermungo

Feb 9, 2011
AW: [ROM][XXEMA2][7-Feb][JB 4.1.2] NightStorm v3.7 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look

Link?

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008
Re: [ROM][MB3][4-Mar][JB 4.2.1] NightStorm v4.0 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look]

My samsung messages stopped working after installing version 40:confused:
Anyway resolve that?

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
My samsung messages stopped working after installing version 40:confused:
Anyway resolve that?

You mean SMS? Well, not really. It's recommended to factory reset (full wipe) on this leak. The reason for why I'm saying "not really" is because it's a leak and it's really ain't much done. Some minor mods to SystemUI, added a few apk's and also build.prop tweaks. In other words, nothing is made that could cause messages to fail. Everything works fine here, except S-Planner, but that seems to be a bug for everyone.

Since it's a leak it might behave like an a-s, just try to wipe dalvik / cache - plan B is full wipe. I hope official will come soon.

EDIT: Found this (also MB3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1797334&page=1337

Sounds like your problem. So, regardless of what rom people use, problems seems thesame - since it's a leak :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nasdiemx

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008
Re: [ROM][MB3][4-Mar][JB 4.2.1] NightStorm v4.0 [Themed|Tweaked|Stable|Modern look]

Full wipe did it but going to 37. thanks

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Full wipe did it but going to 37. thanks

No problem. 4.0 (MB3) works as daily (use it myself), but there are problem here and there though. So using 3.7 is a good idea. And yepp, I've seen that MB5 is out. However I feel that 3.7 is as good as 4.1.2 can be (other than diffrent mods, which has 0 to do with firmware anyway).

So, I'll pass on that one. I'm waiting for offical 4.2.1.

If anyone wonder what I'm doing all days, I'm preparing for 4.2.1, trying new mods and such. But will wait with release until offical 4.2.1.

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012

No problem. 4.0 (MB3) works as daily (use it myself), but there are problem here and there though. So using 3.7 is a good idea. And yepp, I've seen that MB5 is out. However I feel that 3.7 is as good as 4.1.2 can be (other than diffrent mods, which has 0 to do with firmware anyway).

So, I'll pass on that one. I'm waiting for offical 4.2.1.

If anyone wonder what I'm doing all days, I'm preparing for 4.2.1, trying new mods and such. But will wait with release until offical 4.2.1.

Just wanna say again this rom has made my phone amazingly fast, excellent battery and I gotta say with the boeffla sound enhancements.

Im finally happy with my phone.

Thanks

Reactions: tsw_sweden

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Just wanna say again this rom has made my phone amazingly fast, excellent battery and I gotta say with the boeffla sound enhancements.

Thanks

Thank you very much! I'll try my best. And as said before, many things don't involve the rom itself, such as diffrent mods; that can be applied to any rom :) So the trick is to do a good base that suits - not all - but at least some people.

Just hope that 4.2.1 will be official soon. There are a lot of settings in the apk's that's not vissible at the moment, so offical should have more settings. And regarding 4.1.2 (in my case NightStorm v3.7) i don't push it any further, doubt I can make it any better - and as said, mods can be flashed either way :)

I've been using 4.0 (4.2.1 leak) for a week, no big issues, battery lasts long, and fast. Just want Samsung to give us official so we have something more concret to work with. But just to do something, will try some stuff with SystemUI under the weekend.

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012

Thank you very much! I'll try my best. And as said before, many things don't involve the rom itself, such as diffrent mods; that can be applied to any rom :) So the trick is to do a good base that suits - not all - but at least some people.

Just hope that 4.2.1 will be official soon. There are a lot of settings in the apk's that's not vissible at the moment, so offical should have more settings. And regarding 4.1.2 (in my case NightStorm v3.7) i don't push it any further, doubt I can make it any better - and as said, mods can be flashed either way :)

I've been using 4.0 (4.2.1 leak) for a week, no big issues, battery lasts long, and fast. Just want Samsung to give us official so we have something more concret to work with. But just to do something, will try some stuff with SystemUI under the weekend.

Any news.

Im still on 3.7

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
No, not really. Still waiting for official 4.2.1. Tried some changes to MB3 but doesn't spend that much time to it, since it might change a lot to the official.

So, then we have the MB5 (4.1.2.). Correct, no new rebase. Beacuse I doubt anyone would notice any diffrence to 3.7. Better save energy to 4.2.1 insted.

I do not think anyone have any issues with 3.7, so just let it roll until 4.2.1 is officialy here :)

EDIT: Feels like it's stop here. Need the official. So actually I'm also reverting back to 3.7, since I miss the stability and mods. But when 4.2.1 comes I'm ready for it.

Last edited:

nasdiemx

Aug 4, 2008
Yo the forum have been quite for a while. ...what you all think about the update concerning 4.2.2 having Galaxy S4 in mind.
:beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300 ★★★still a fun!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    development is over.​
    Statusrepport:

V3.6 with XXEMA2 is built and running on my phone. Testing at least this day to see if anything is wrong. DSP / Megabassbeats is gone, a few changes here and there (list will come later), and gharringtons awesome mod of course.

I don't want to rush too much, will only be repports of problems, better I find them first. It is built and in existance, so it won't take THAT much longer :)

EDIT: Ran into some problems, working on solving it atm.

Thanks