[ROM] MCG24.251-5 100% Stock

Search This thread

TheSt33v

Jun 12, 2014
The Stupid Country
Could I please get a md5 kind Sir.
Going to flash this to try and get Google Assistant.
Downloaded​ and went to check using es-pro I get bad file size warning.
But if I go to delete it gives file size as 1.62 gb which is correct right?

But of course. Always willing to help a fellow Steve.

MD5: 8E63058A7E420F8D550CA59C4CCE76C3

Size: 1,734,514,343 bytes
Size on disk: 1,734,516,736 bytes

Reactions: Steve One

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Checked md5 all ok there , did a full wipe except internal storage 3 times tried to flash and got this.
Was using twrp 3.0.3.0 mod 3 so your saying try 3.0.2.0 mod 3?

Edit yes that did the trick, setting up now.
Thank you very much for your time and help thest33v kind Sir.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-47-48.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-47-48.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

pearlheartgtr

Sep 5, 2010
LG V30
Just flashed my father's phone with this and everything works. It was a dirty flash, so it took under 5 minutes for initial boot. Now, TWRP is gone. I'm guessing I'm going to have to install Sunshine for temp root, to reinstall and go through the motions again to get it back? Currently, when I go to recovery, it says there's nothing there. Should I flash the stock recovery before I try to reinstall TWRP? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks!

Just flashed my father's phone with this and everything works. It was a dirty flash, so it took under 5 minutes for initial boot. Now, TWRP is gone. I'm guessing I'm going to have to install Sunshine for temp root, to reinstall and go through the motions again to get it back? Currently, when I go to recovery, it says there's nothing there. Should I flash the stock recovery before I try to reinstall TWRP? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks!
The flash killed recovery, somehow. Don't worry, bootloader is still unlocked. Flash twrp recovery image with adb while the phone is in bootloader mode. Then, you can initially root with the beta SU again, then update in the Play Store upon restart. If you need details, easy 'google' search. Otherwise, someone on a computer can bang out a wordy-er how-to.

gumbi2647

Jan 27, 2015
Orangeburg

Thanks!
Try volume down and power until you see the green Android. Then scroll down until you see recovery and select it. It should take you to TWRP.

TheSt33v

Jun 12, 2014
The Stupid Country

Thanks!

No idea how that could happen. The stock recovery image is not included in this package, and nothing in the script touches that partition. But yes, as others have confirmed, just go ahead and flash TWRP again.

Also, Sunshine does not provide temp root anymore, so you won't be able to go that route. Flash TWRP using fastboot.

Last edited:

pearlheartgtr

Sep 5, 2010
LG V30
No idea how that could happen. The stock recovery image is not included in this package, and nothing in the script touches that partition. But yes, as others have confirmed, just go ahead and flash TWRP again.

Also, Sunshine does not provide temp root anymore, so you won't be able to go that route. Flash TWRP using fastboot.

Well, this particular phone was a PITA to root and unlock in the first place. My Turbo took a few minutes to do all that without any snags.

When I finished flashing this ROM and booted the first time, I did get a message saying the update failed. But it was up to date when I checked build number and such. I even checked in the update section.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Try volume down and power until you see the green Android. Then scroll down until you see recovery and select it. It should take you to TWRP.

Been there, done that. I know how to get into recovery. I get a picture of the Android on his back with a red triangle "Nothing Found."

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
my phone keeps wanting to update to MCG 24.91.5. It fails when I let it. How can I stop it from popping up or get it to update?

1) is it notifying you about MCG24.251-5 0r about MCG24.251-5-5? The first one can by unlocked by Sunshine, the latter (released in March 2017) can not. Of course your bootloader is already unlocked so no need to fear either one. But since you are running a custom ROM already (I assume you still are), then it's just the notification bothering you?

2) Since from past posts I your bootloader is already unlocked and rooted, then you can re-name the OTA update file, and you will never be notified again. Surprised that with AOKP 7.X you are getting notifications about stock firmware update. Or are you still running that?

Last edited:

Livinbad

Mar 26, 2011
Sioux Falls
1) is it notifying you about MCG24.251-5 0r about MCG24.251-5-5? The first one can by unlocked by Sunshine, the latter (released in March 2017) can not. Of course your bootloader is already unlocked so no need to fear either one. But since you are running a custom ROM already (I assume you still are), then it's just the notification bothering you?

2) Since from past posts I your bootloader is already unlocked and rooted, then you can re-name the OTA update file, and you will never be notified again. Surprised that with AOKP 7.X you are getting notifications about stock firmware update. Or are you still running that?

Opps, sorry, yeah I went back to just stock. I have BL unlocked and am rooted. Where do I find that file to rename it? I would rather use one of the custom ROMs but my battery life with any of them seems to be terrible lately. I went back to just stock to see if that would make a difference. It seems to be a little better but overall I think I will need to replace the battery. Until then I would just like this notification to stop popping up. Thanks.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Opps, sorry, yeah I went back to just stock. I have BL unlocked and am rooted. I went back to just stock to see if that would make a difference. It seems to be a little better but overall I think I will need to replace the battery. Until then I would just like this notification to stop popping up. Thanks.

OK, you went "back to stock" but you didn't go back to the newest stock. ;) Otherwise you wouldn't be getting the update notification. Here's the newest TWRP flashable stock image for XT1254 Verizon Droid Turbo.

[ROM] MCG24.251-5-5 100% Stock
https://xdaforums.com/droid-turbo/general/rom-mcg24-251-5-5-100-stock-t3565795

This thread is for the older MCG24.251-5. See the extra -5 above?

Or you can freeze the notification and never see it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Livinbad

Livinbad

Mar 26, 2011
Sioux Falls
OK, you went "back to stock" but you didn't go back to the newest stock. ;) Otherwise you wouldn't be getting the update notification. Here's the newest TWRP flashable stock image for XT1254 Verizon Droid Turbo.

[ROM] MCG24.251-5-5 100% Stock
https://xdaforums.com/droid-turbo/general/rom-mcg24-251-5-5-100-stock-t3565795

This thread is for the older MCG24.251-5. See the extra -5 above?

Or you can freeze the notification and never see it again.

Got it froze up for now. Will switch to the updated version when I get a chance. So is MCG24.251-5-5 the same as MCG24.91.5?

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
just letting you know that this worked for me. I flashed it as I bought the Samsung Galaxy S8. I will be selling this on Swappa now. if anyone is interested, PM me. otherwise, thank you all for your support - really enjoyed this phone. wishing everyone else nothing but the best.

Flash using TWRP. This will flash all files in the MCG24.251-5 update except for recovery.

New features in this update that I've noticed:
-Marshmallow, aged to perfection in Verizon's own servers. Only one major release version obsolete, and with outdated security patches!
-WiFi calling (woooooo! Those custom roms just got another carrier-specific, unportable feature to compete with)
-The command center widget has been replaced with the Droid Turbo 2 version

Get it here: https://mega.nz/#!G1xg1aYa!fm2hUL7hDDVaxTAj_iPbtY61P-8VrQEvoOJiVsDtdho

Here's the stock recovery image if you want it: https://mega.nz/#!r1wDQRCJ!KHbo_Q6L-WE_VyB1x8W4FbT6PrerPEyn9H1C6VUAyf8

Flashing this rom updates the bootloader to a version that can communicate with the kernel to tell SafetyNet that it is unlocked, causing it to fail. Fret not, however, as there are two options to fix this:

OPTION 1: Flash the SU4TL-49 bootloader using the following TWRP package: https://mega.nz/#!6logEaIQ!q8qPJw65Upt38Hxiu1JyxErmwbgL7CBzuGzzPC0C9pQ
OPTION 2: Flash this patch made by @bhb27: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120696423

Wipe cache and dalvik/art cache after either of these options.

NOTE that these options only fix failures due to SafetyNet checking the bootloader status. It will still fail due to root, xposed and the like. There are no known consequences or side effects to either of these options, so just pick whichever one you feel like.

If you notice weird things after you flash this rom (long boots other than the first one which is supposed to be long, random reboots, etc.) try flashing the stock recovery image and factory resetting.

If you want root, flash this version of SuperSU first, then flash whatever newer version you want: https://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/

If you have trouble flashing this, try TWRP Mod 3 instead of Mod 4.

Are you telling me that i can flash this stock and use that annoying bank app without they detecting root? I have and xt1225 by the way, i think it is compatible. *Edit yea i did read it again, seems like root is out of question, but can we maybe Magisk or something?

Last edited:

KOAO

Oct 10, 2010
You wouldn't happen to have and able to reupload the files would you? Want to flash my Droid Turbo to "Bone Stock" (Stock Recover + Stock ROM) to test something but the mega links are unavailable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash using TWRP. This will flash all files in the MCG24.251-5 update except for recovery.

New features in this update that I've noticed:
    -Marshmallow, aged to perfection in Verizon's own servers. Only one major release version obsolete, and with outdated security patches!
    -WiFi calling (woooooo! Those custom roms just got another carrier-specific, unportable feature to compete with)
    -The command center widget has been replaced with the Droid Turbo 2 version

Get it here: https://mega.nz/#!G1xg1aYa!fm2hUL7hDDVaxTAj_iPbtY61P-8VrQEvoOJiVsDtdho

Here's the stock recovery image if you want it: https://mega.nz/#!r1wDQRCJ!KHbo_Q6L-WE_VyB1x8W4FbT6PrerPEyn9H1C6VUAyf8

Flashing this rom updates the bootloader to a version that can communicate with the kernel to tell SafetyNet that it is unlocked, causing it to fail. Fret not, however, as there are two options to fix this:

OPTION 1: Flash the SU4TL-49 bootloader using the following TWRP package: https://mega.nz/#!6logEaIQ!q8qPJw65Upt38Hxiu1JyxErmwbgL7CBzuGzzPC0C9pQ
    OPTION 2: Flash this patch made by @bhb27: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120696423

Wipe cache and dalvik/art cache after either of these options.

NOTE that these options only fix failures due to SafetyNet checking the bootloader status. It will still fail due to root, xposed and the like. There are no known consequences or side effects to either of these options, so just pick whichever one you feel like.

If you notice weird things after you flash this rom (long boots other than the first one which is supposed to be long, random reboots, etc.) try flashing the stock recovery image and factory resetting.

If you want root, flash this version of SuperSU first, then flash whatever newer version you want: https://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/

If you have trouble flashing this, try TWRP Mod 3 instead of Mod 4.
    Yes, it took a while on first boot. But it seems like I've lost root? How can I get it back? :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Yes, it took a while on first boot. But it seems like I've lost root? How can I get it back? :confused:

Fixed! Thanks to @ChazzMatt :)

INITIAL ROOT ON QUARK MOTOROLA MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1

This same version of Marshmallow was released back in July for sibling Quark Moto XT1225. We found out then newer versions of SuperSu don't work for initial root. You need this older version first. No need to re-invent the wheel. It's the same device, same software.

Go ahead and download SuperSU from the attached file at bottom of this post. It's an older version of SuperSu but works well on the Quark Motorola Marshmallow ROM. You can always update to newer version later.

BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651
    Attached to this bottom of this post or download from here:

https://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/

Flash this version initially. You can update to newer version later. (People had problems flashing the very newest SuperSu for initial root, but this version works good. Again, you can update to newer version later, after you gain root.)

_______

BONUS TIP - SuperSu Setting

After you reboot, go into SuperSu settings and UNcheck this box. Mount namespace separation.
    Uncheck that. Disable that. Then, reboot.

If it's enabled it will conflict with Titanium Backup which you will use at some point, or should. And you will have no idea why Titanium Backup is saying you are out of space, when you are not -- but it's due to this setting in SuperSu!
    If I try this ROM and don't like it can I change it later as long as my bootloader is unlocked?
    no, i'm afraid you will be stuck with it forever............................................ or until you flash something else. whatever comes first.
    I have to overwrite the stock recovery to get TWRP.
    fastboot boot TWRP.img
    Root & boot logos

How to remove Warning Bootloader Unlocked?
    I fresh flashed this rom over RR 7.1 without issue.
    But every time I reebot the phone it shows the warning logo. I have used logofix 1.1 but nothing happen.
    I also have lost supersu: I have flashed the 2.78 update and now XT1254 stuck on Warning bootloader :(
    What's happening?
    How to solve this?

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY.

Reflash the boot logo from here. Your choice of colors of the Motorola M logo.

Either via ADB or TWRP, your choice.

You can just reflash your choice of boot logo to replace the unlocked warning screen. It's just a static image Motorola insists on showing you that your bootloader is unlocked. I know, I UNLOCKED it on purpose! :p

Here's boot logos (not to be confused with boot animation -- the boot logo is what you see before the boot animation starts) you can flash with ADB. Various colors of the Motorola M logo.

Remove annoying bootloader unlocked warning

ADB FLASHABLE BOOT LOGOS
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68538894&postcount=2

And here's the same boot logos you can flash with TWRP:

TWRP FLASHABLE BOOT LOGOS
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68579272&postcount=5

Works for all Quarks (XT1254/XT1250/XT1225).

For SuperSu you have to flash the Beta SuperSu 2.62. You can update later to newer version.

INITIAL ROOT ON QUARK MOTOROLA MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1

This same version of Marshmallow was released back in July for sibling Quark Moto XT1225. We found out then newer versions of SuperSu don't work for initial root. You need this older version first. No need to re-invent the wheel. ;) It's the same device, same software.

Go ahead and download SuperSU from the attached file at bottom of this post. It's an older version of SuperSu but works well on the Quark Motorola Marshmallow ROM. You can always update to newer version later.

BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651
    Attached to this bottom of this post or download from here:

https://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/

Flash this version initially. You can update to newer version later. (People had problems flashing the very newest SuperSu for initial root, but this version works good. Again, you can update to newer version later, after you gain root.)

_______

BONUS TIP - SuperSu Setting

After you reboot, go into SuperSu settings and UNcheck this box. Mount namespace separation.
    Uncheck that. Disable that. Then, reboot.

If it's enabled it will conflict with Titanium Backup which you will use at some point, or should. And you will have no idea why Titanium Backup is saying you are out of space, when you are not -- but it's due to this setting in SuperSu! ;)

supersu_zpsfoirq4p9.png