|ROM|★MD v1.2★|►UCUFNJ4◄|4.4.4 TW|FEB.11.15|★

Search This thread

tramos

Jul 14, 2014
Surrey
I flashed this one, selected I337m and other default options. it was successful but i couldn't make a phone call. I checked mobile networks/provider and I'm on AT&T mobile! Checked status and says mobile network unknown. I was on Goldfinger v9 prior to installing this and everything is working fine. Anyway, I restored my backup and it is functioning normally. Can anybody tell me what I did wrong here? I checked Mobile Networks/provider and 3 selections showed up - Virgin, EXT and Telus. Thanks.

I337m is not booting after a clean flash. Dirty flashed and still the same. So, what's the matter ? Flashed as i337m and 9505 with every kernel available in Aroma and still not booting.

s3nr1

Oct 29, 2011
This is probably the best ROM for the i377m (which does not have lollipop baseband/bootloader yet to use the 5.0.x TW ROMs fully). But anyone noticed that it doesn't have an option to select data speeds (on 4g/LTE all the time), or I can't find it at the usual place.

boggdy

Oct 24, 2011
I flashed this one, selected I337m and other default options. it was successful but i couldn't make a phone call. I checked mobile networks/provider and I'm on AT&T mobile! Checked status and says mobile network unknown. I was on Goldfinger v9 prior to installing this and everything is working fine. Anyway, I restored my backup and it is functioning normally. Can anybody tell me what I did wrong here? I checked Mobile Networks/provider and 3 selections showed up - Virgin, EXT and Telus. Thanks.

Did you flash the modules?

anyone noticed that it doesn't have an option to select data speeds (on 4g/LTE all the time), or I can't find it at the usual place.

I realized that, but it really doesn't bother me.

I have something strange happening to my apps. ANY app trying to pull a map force closes. I tried removing Maps and re installing, clearing cache/data... nothing seems to help.

Last edited:

JeepinxJosh

Jan 31, 2015
Orem
@ iB4STiD hey I was looking back here today as I was planning on cleaning up my phone and re doing everything to make it neat and no dups and I always keep the files I used on my ext card in a certain spot... I have a file named 2400258.zip full of knox, bootloader, samsung stuff that I swear went with your rom and from this OP but I can't find reference to it anywhere... did you update something since then and do I need to update my files and my method or am I totally Insane here??

edit: was for the NL1 update for when I went to NJ4 but needed to keep root before there was a root method for NJ4

Last edited:

JeepinxJosh

Jan 31, 2015
Orem
Here is an update on this problem. After doing some more troubleshooting I figured out that because there is a colon in the password for the account that I am trying to setup the authentication fails. As soon as the colon is taken out, the authentication is fine.

- The stock NJ4 ROM does not have this bug.
- Other devices running Lollipop and Kitkat do not exhibit this bug.

I believe the bug is specific to the version of the Exchange Active Sync client that the Dev has installed here. I looked at the version and it's 4.4.2 so that's not even the same version that's in the stock NJ4 ROM. Any chance you could update the ROM to include the most recent version available of the EAS client?

Looking at this and then my last post i'm thinking either the Dev is working really hard on the next update (i hope) or he just don't care lol glad we both figured our own problems out

Last edited:

DemisesAngel

Mar 24, 2011
Pin not required after restart

Anyone having their pin security not show up immediately after restart? As soon as it boots up, I can unlock the phone and pretty much do whatever I want, with the obvious exception of changing the current pin.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
In the install instructions, you say for AT&T users to flash the UCUFNJ4 baseband after flashing the ROM. Where do I get the baseband download to apply it?

inertiamonster

Feb 19, 2011
OK I'm stuck, I'm on an AT&T which I took back to stock NJ4, rooted and installed Safestrap, flashed the ROM following all instructions, flashed NJ4 modules and modem, and I cannot get working WiFi, it will not turn on. What did I miss?

Last edited:

akkay1

Feb 23, 2013
Lahore
www.facebook.com
I just have installed this ROM, over all feeling like stock as its stock based ROM, but I am having an issue that I can find the network selection mode anywhere. How can I choose prefered network i.e. 3G 2G etc.. Further I am connected on 3G network as my operator is not 4G LTE but the sign on status bar is saying 4G.. Is there any way to change that H or H+

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I just installed as per the instructions given in OP.. did you wipe as described in OP

inertiamonster

Feb 19, 2011
I just have installed this ROM, over all feeling like stock as its stock based ROM, but I am having an issue that I can find the network selection mode anywhere. How can I choose prefered network i.e. 3G 2G etc.. Further I am connected on 3G network as my operator is not 4G LTE but the sign on status bar is saying 4G.. Is there any way to change that H or H+

Network mode should be in the expanded quick settings, did you look at all of them? Also, did you flash xposed and wanam and look in wanam to see if it has network icon tweaks that get you what you want? I don't have the phone in front of me otherwise I'd look for you.

I just installed as per the instructions given in OP.. did you wipe as described in OP

I figured it out, I did the NJ4 return to stock and root method that requires flashing the NC1 kernel to root and forgot to flash back to NJ4 kernel before installing the ROM, just wasn't paying attention.

akkay1

Feb 23, 2013
Lahore
www.facebook.com
Thankyou so much iB4stid for giving us such a great and stable ROM.. i have installed this on my phone and I am experiencing great smoothness and excellent battery life..

I didn't expected that this phone will give me this kind of excellent battery performance along with stability. ..

I am getting around 4 hours of SOT since my last charge to 100% and its my 2nd cycle of charging as I have installed this ROM 2 days ago.. may be it will get better with 2 more charging cycles..

mostly my phone was connected to 2G data network and wifi for data puposes.. as if I connect on 3G the phone's battery wont last that much.. alright enough of reading..let's have a look on screen shots below as i have 8 percent left now and it can easily give me some juice for next 20/30 mins..

4ccf1de3e851b39330e6efd171def46a.jpg

a32a7b80cd2dbf6ee9fa24bf32205366.jpg

907771a32c5053b334d92ea2a5783255.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

djdaniell

Aug 23, 2012
When I want do a clean install on a i337 4.4.2, safestrap 3.75, after installing apps show me the following error: " symlink: some symlink failed"

Plz, see log attached

Attachments

• MD-NJ4-UNIVERSAL-V1.2.zip.log.txt
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Gonemad

Feb 11, 2014
Prince Edward Island
I just tried to flash this twice on my I337M, it hangs at the Samsung logo each time. That's after doing the dirty flash as suggested by the OP. Flashed via TWRP. I was previously on Goldeneye 5.0.1

Last edited:

askefisen

Nov 27, 2013
Hello, ATT sgh-i337 here. I flashed NJ4 kernel, NJ4 modules and NJ4 4.4.4 Modem. Data works but the the WIFI still doesn't work and android.phone process crashes. Any help?

- got WIFI to work by flashing a tar of the kernel instead of md5.

com.android.phone process still crashes

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KS64L5X.png

Features
    - UCUFNJ4, touchwiz 4.4.4, based on at&t fw,rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support, the sampack, knox removed
    - international boot up and shutdown animations, removed at&t stock shutdown and boot animations
    - enabled secondary keys samsung kb, samsung kb with auto correct, camera during call, fw update removed
    - aroma installer, at&t bloat removed, rom self cleaning every 7 days, removed wifi nag from notifications
    - sent time in sim list camcorder does not pause music,no boot sound, sqlite3 script, no carrier iq, supersu
    - enabled copy to dialer, display sms time as server, recipient limit raised to 999, disabled sms 2 mms conversion,
    - busybox, zipalign script, apps2sd, extended reboot, google stock kb baked in, flashable add-ons, buildprop tweaks
    - added ability to edit apn's, wifi tethering, scheduled sms sending, disabled battery full nag, google bloat removed,
    - sqlite script is performed once at boot every 7 days, zipalign script performed once at boot every 4 days
    - rom works with all gsm carriers, removed auto correction patent, mobile data toggle, wi-fi hotspot toggle
    - simple,fast,stable, more to come!

Aroma Options
    - choose adblocking or bypass adblocking no app needed
    - chooe galaxy s5 weather widget or stock s4 weather widget
    - choose xposed & wanam xposed module or bypass
    - choose aosp browser with sync or stock or chrome
    - choose silent camera or stock
    - choose sampack with samsung cloud based services and user removable samsung apps
    - choose 3minit battery mod or bypass
    - choose 1 of 3 kernels imperium kernel, googy-max3 kernel or ael kernel or bypass kernel for safestrap users

Removable Apps
    - esfile manager, google music, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Sampack Removable Apps
    - all samsung apps can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Faq
    - WANAM XPOSED FEATURE LIST
    - Q&A SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - SAFESTRAP USERS READ THIS B4 U FLASH!
    - ADDONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
    - A THANK YOU TO ALL MY USERS!!
    - CREDITS DUE, PLEASE READ THIS!

Rom
    I am not responsible if your phone does the following
    bricks - blows up - or joins dancing with the stars

- DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    - CHANGELOGS
    MD5 3a44611032e93ba35febce8704e7fd39

Signature Banners
    - CLiCK HERE!

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
    READ THiS!

Rom Information!

THE GOAL OF THIS ROM, IS TO STAY AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE, REMOVE WHAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AND ADD
    WHAT I FEEL SHOULD BE ADDED TO IMPROVE UPON THE STOCK BASE.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS STABILITY, THAT COMES FIRST!, BEFORE MODS AND FEATURES, NEXT IS SPEED AND FLUIDITY FOLLOWED BY, USEFUL MODS THAT MAKE OUR LIVES A LITTLE EASIER.

THIS ROM IS NOT THEMED OR SKINNED IN ANYWAY, AND WILL REMAIN A 100 PERCENT STOCK IN LOOK AND DESIGN.

AT&T USERS MUST FLASH UCUFNJ4 BASEBAND, FOR WORKING WIFI & DATA!!

T-MOBILE USERS IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE OPTION TO USE WIFI CALLING, AND ALSO WANT TO USE A OFFICIAL T-MOBILE
    BASE FW, USE THIS VERSION OF MY MD ROM MADE JUST FOR YOU! - CLiCK HERE!

CANADIAN I337M USERS BE ON AT LEAST A 4.4.2 BASEBAND & BOOTLOADER OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT
    HAVE WIFI OR DATA!

DEVS, DO NOT USE ANY PART OF THIS ROM WITHOUT CONTACTING ME, AND DO NOT USE THIS ROM AS A BASE!

IN CLOSING, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!, AND ENJOY MY ROM!! :good:

Useful Links
    GUIDE TO INSTALL THIS ROM CAN BE FOUND HERE
    Q&A SECTION CAN BE FOUND HERE
    CHANGELOGS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
    CONSIDER DONATING TO THIS PROJECT! CLiCK HERE

Download Links
    ANDROID FILE HOST LINK!
    I don't recommend to waste the time with this semi-functional ROM. WiFi works on i337 but is very very slow even if you flash any modem or modules. Aroma installer didn't install what I selected. For example Wanam is missing. Also Rom is a little bit Laggy and has many small problems.
    How is possible to make a stock rom semi functional ??? I did everything correctly, there was nothing complicated to do. Sometimes when i want to reboot i see default options, sometimes i see advanced options. Probably he did something wrong with wanam xposed and aroma installer. I still can't believe this rom didn't worked for my i337.
    You don't know what are you talking. Imagine i make a ROM that is not tested at all and i tell you that is perfect and you do something wrong with your phone , imagine such a gift. First of all this is a stock based rom, you should try hard to do something wrong with it. I found that the problems where caused by the aroma installer which messed some settings. I tried to install it again w/o xposed and now it's working as it should but anyway it is very important to mention the problems with the installer !!!
    If you have an issue with the ROM there is certainly a better way to bring it to the developer's attention. Being rude, offensive, and juvenile is not the proper way to get help or conduct yourself in general. I'm sure if you have a legitimate issue, iB would be more than willing to fix it, but with your terrible attitude, I'm glad you're having problems.
    Update 2-11-15

CHANGELOG

- UPDATED GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL TO 1.2.8
    - ADDED OPTION FOR IMPERIUM KERNEL 1.11
    - REMOVED SMEMO, REPLACED WITH MEMO APP
    - SOME CLEAN UP
    - UPDATED SUPER SU
    - MISC IMPROVEMENTS
    - REWORKED CARRIER INFO FOR EACH S4 MODEL
    - CLEAN INSTALL ONLY! <- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    - IF YOU DIRTY FLASH AND HAVE ISSUES CLEAN INSTALL B4 YOU POST!

NEW AROMA OPTION[/U]
    - CHOOSE IMPERIUM KERNEL, AEL KERNEL, GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL, OR BYPASS FOR SAFESTRAP USERS

Please go THANK the following
    BIG thanks to @googy_anas FOR HIS KERNEL!
    BIG thanks to @slim80 FOR HIS KERNEL

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone