|ROM|★MD v1.2★|►UCUFNJ4◄|4.4.4 TW|FEB.11.15|★

Search This thread

guut13

Sep 23, 2010
Boston
Ok, I've flashed your GE and GF roms with no problem so I *thought* I had a clue, but I'm pretty sure you lost me completely with your last sentence.

Whenever I flashed your roms, I just downloaded to my SD card, safestrap wiped and installed, flashed NC1 modules, and boom - I was good.

Don't know what loki is.
Dont' know how to update my baseband (don't even know what that is - firmware I think?)
Use the latest 4.4.4 fw? wouldn't that be built into the rom?

Sorry iB4 - this just went over my head.

I see others have chimed in, but if you are still having issues, safestrap users will have to be on NJ4 base to run this ROM. Why? Because we cannot flash a 3rd party kernel with safestrap and 4.4.4 ROMs aren't compatible with the 4.4.2 stock kernel. Therefore, you need the stock 4.4.4 kernel pre-installed before flashing.

Easiest way to get to NJ4 is to backup, then Odin back to NB1 stock, take the NJ4 update, root, and install safestrap. Then you will be ready to flash this ROM. There are directions, including links to all the files you will need, here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/guide-odin-to-stock-updating-rooting-t2926642

raff74

Jan 10, 2009
I see others have chimed in, but if you are still having issues, safestrap users will have to be on NJ4 base to run this ROM. Why? Because we cannot flash a 3rd party kernel with safestrap and 4.4.4 ROMs aren't compatible with the 4.4.2 stock kernel. Therefore, you need the stock 4.4.4 kernel pre-installed before flashing.

Easiest way to get to NJ4 is to backup, then Odin back to NB1 stock, take the NJ4 update, root, and install safestrap. Then you will be ready to flash this ROM. There are directions, including links to all the files you will need, here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/guide-odin-to-stock-updating-rooting-t2926642
I think I'm just as confused as this guy. Been installing roms for years and have never dealt with modem/baseband issues before. Someone linked me to a thread earlier that dealt with att modem issues but that didn't help as I'm with Bell Canada.

Can someone please tell me which modem/baseband to flash in order to make this rom functional?.... added bonus if they can link me to a thread is how to flash it properly?

Here's my info :
i337m
Currently running Goldfinger v. 9
Baseband : MVLUFNE1

Thank you!

burgertime78

Jun 22, 2014
@guut13 - This is easily one of the most useful feedbacks I've gotten. This is how I learn - "such and such needs to be this way and here's why: <technical stuff>". I don't want to be a flake so I jumped in here to post real fast. I'm just your average dude but I'm self employed(gun to head) and I'm a family of 4 (beer to mouth) and quite honestly, I haven't even had a chance to look at this since my last post!

I'll be back soon - and thank you for this well written response and explanation - I COMPLETELY get it now.

Reactions: guut13

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
I think I'm just as confused as this guy. Been installing roms for years and have never dealt with modem/baseband issues before. Someone linked me to a thread earlier that dealt with att modem issues but that didn't help as I'm with Bell Canada.

Can someone please tell me which modem/baseband to flash in order to make this rom functional?.... added bonus if they can link me to a thread is how to flash it properly?

Here's my info :
i337m
Currently running Goldfinger v. 9
Baseband : MVLUFNE1

Thank you!

here what u do .. u will need a odin fw of ur carriers 4.4.2 fw..

i337m only

0. u will need samsung s4 drivers, odin 3.07 or 3.09, google that download it and google a guide how to use odin
1. flash that odin package
2. ur device will reboot
3. boot into stock recovery
4. wipe factory reset then wipe cache
5. reboot
6. flash a custom recovery
7. no need to root .. flash my rom with ur custom recovery
8. ur done :good:

tip
i have noticed alot of users that think flashing a baseband is all that is needed, its not the baseband and bootloader work together

Last edited:
Reactions: raff74

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011
here what u do .. u will need a odin fw of ur carriers 4.4.2 fw..

i337m only

0. u will need samsung s4 drivers, odin 3.07 or 3.09, google that download it and google a guide how to use odin
1. flash that odin package
2. ur device will reboot
3. boot into stock recovery
4. wipe factory reset then wipe cache
5. reboot
6. flash a custom recovery
7. no need to root .. flash my rom with ur custom recovery
8. ur done :good:

tip
i have noticed alot of users that think flashing a baseband is all that is needed, its not the baseband and bootloader work together

Also of note, you might want to use your phone or find someone to provide a download of Odin for you. I don't remember where I ended up finding the version I have, but I'm still trying to clean the malware off my Windows 7 box from all the BS sites you have to wade through to find a real copy of it. You might want to do an XDA search for it instead of a Google search.

Nice instructions iB. I'm not sure about other models, but on the i337 with MDL bootloader, people did seem to have issues with older basebands. I was on the latest before this ROM came out, so I haven't verified that. It is likely different for other models though. Just mentioning it in case an i337 non-SS user sees your post and assumes they will have issues unless they update the bootloader. I'm i337 with MDL and this is the most solid ROM I've had on this phone.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Great post. I'm not a SafeStrap user, but for those who are, this post is gold. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: guut13 and iB4STiD

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
Also of note, you might want to use your phone or find someone to provide a download of Odin for you. I don't remember where I ended up finding the version I have, but I'm still trying to clean the malware off my Windows 7 box from all the BS sites you have to wade through to find a real copy of it. You might want to do an XDA search for it instead of a Google search.

Nice instructions iB. I'm not sure about other models, but on the i337 with MDL bootloader, people did seem to have issues with older basebands. I was on the latest before this ROM came out, so I haven't verified that. It is likely different for other models though. Just mentioning it in case an i337 non-SS user sees your post and assumes they will have issues unless they update the bootloader. I'm i337 with MDL and this is the most solid ROM I've had on this phone.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Great post. I'm not a SafeStrap user, but for those who are, this post is gold. Thanks.

ya good idea get odin from xda... as for i337 mdl, is very forgiving

Ryou_Concord

Aug 19, 2011
Why in the world would you want to move to a locked Bootloader and safestrap. I would kill to switch you phones and have my MDL back. There are some good guides for this in the General Questions forum. Just remember once you upgrade you can't go back.

See, when I started installing everything on my cousin's phone, it started out as Baseband MK2. After I flashed the Super-Nexus ROM from Joe-Tech, it read as 'MLD,'--no matter what I did, it stayed as 'MLD.'

Would this mean that I can get rid of Safestrap and just install TWRP normally?

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011
See, when I started installing everything on my cousin's phone, it started out as Baseband MK2. After I flashed the Super-Nexus ROM from Joe-Tech, it read as 'MLD,'--no matter what I did, it stayed as 'MLD.'

Would this mean that I can get rid of Safestrap and just install TWRP normally?
Baseband doesn't mean much. All that matters is the bootloader. You would need MDL bootloader, not MLD. Once you go past MDL, you can never go back, and need SafeStrap. If the bootloader is MDB or MDL then you can flash a normal recovery and flash anything you want.

Acerlover82

Apr 29, 2012
Hi Ib4stid,

I finally got around to installing 1.2. Did a clean install without issue, boots first time. All major functions of the phone working with out issue.

I had one question regarding the latest update. I am curious to know why the rom was reverted back to the old Kitkat menu and settings button? I miss the ability to quickly close apps.

I'm running a I337M Rogers, Canada.

Regards,

A

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
Hi Ib4stid,

I finally got around to installing 1.2. Did a clean install without issue, boots first time. All major functions of the phone working with out issue.

I had one question regarding the latest update. I am curious to know why the rom was reverted back to the old Kitkat menu and settings button? I miss the ability to quickly close apps.

I'm running a I337M Rogers, Canada.

Regards,

A

when i redid the rom, i wanted to give each carrier the correct csc fully, for example i9505 users will see data management via the power menu, att user will not, tho with quicktoggles i wanted all carriers to have the same shortcuts, this was my way of making a 4.4.4 version for all carriers, tailored for each carriers setup.! but with a bonus

i just like this stock, and most of my users do as well, if i add something some people dont like it, if i take something away other people dont like it, its just how it goes, so i sorta picked the middle ground :good:

Reactions: markbc01

fiody

Dec 12, 2012
New York City
No keyboard symbols on main keyboard

Why did it go away? It is enabled in Wanam. I keep trying to disable, restart, re-enable, and restart again. But the symbols are not there. Any idea?

Acerlover82

Apr 29, 2012
when i redid the rom, i wanted to give each carrier the correct csc fully, for example i9505 users will see data management via the power menu, att user will not, tho with quicktoggles i wanted all carriers to have the same shortcuts, this was my way of making a 4.4.4 version for all carriers, tailored for each carriers setup.! but with a bonus

i just like this stock, and most of my users do as well, if i add something some people dont like it, if i take something away other people dont like it, its just how it goes, so i sorta picked the middle ground :good:

I completely understand. Thank you very much for the reply.

Regards,

A

fatboyRICH

Jul 18, 2012
Kansas City, KS
Just wanted to say thanks for a great ROM man. Been using it for about a month now. Everything works perfect. Using Greenify + TricksterMod nullifies the need for a custom kernel. SafeStrap keeps the ability to go totally stock. I'm very happy with my phone.

raff74

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for this... took me a bit to figure it out but I got it.
Liking MD so far... looking forward to the promise of better battery life with 4.4.4!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KS64L5X.png

Features
    - UCUFNJ4, touchwiz 4.4.4, based on at&t fw,rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support, the sampack, knox removed
    - international boot up and shutdown animations, removed at&t stock shutdown and boot animations
    - enabled secondary keys samsung kb, samsung kb with auto correct, camera during call, fw update removed
    - aroma installer, at&t bloat removed, rom self cleaning every 7 days, removed wifi nag from notifications
    - sent time in sim list camcorder does not pause music,no boot sound, sqlite3 script, no carrier iq, supersu
    - enabled copy to dialer, display sms time as server, recipient limit raised to 999, disabled sms 2 mms conversion,
    - busybox, zipalign script, apps2sd, extended reboot, google stock kb baked in, flashable add-ons, buildprop tweaks
    - added ability to edit apn's, wifi tethering, scheduled sms sending, disabled battery full nag, google bloat removed,
    - sqlite script is performed once at boot every 7 days, zipalign script performed once at boot every 4 days
    - rom works with all gsm carriers, removed auto correction patent, mobile data toggle, wi-fi hotspot toggle
    - simple,fast,stable, more to come!

Aroma Options
    - choose adblocking or bypass adblocking no app needed
    - chooe galaxy s5 weather widget or stock s4 weather widget
    - choose xposed & wanam xposed module or bypass
    - choose aosp browser with sync or stock or chrome
    - choose silent camera or stock
    - choose sampack with samsung cloud based services and user removable samsung apps
    - choose 3minit battery mod or bypass
    - choose 1 of 3 kernels imperium kernel, googy-max3 kernel or ael kernel or bypass kernel for safestrap users

Removable Apps
    - esfile manager, google music, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Sampack Removable Apps
    - all samsung apps can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Faq
    - WANAM XPOSED FEATURE LIST
    - Q&A SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - SAFESTRAP USERS READ THIS B4 U FLASH!
    - ADDONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
    - A THANK YOU TO ALL MY USERS!!
    - CREDITS DUE, PLEASE READ THIS!

Rom
    I am not responsible if your phone does the following
    bricks - blows up - or joins dancing with the stars

- DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    - CHANGELOGS
    MD5 3a44611032e93ba35febce8704e7fd39

Signature Banners
    - CLiCK HERE!

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
    READ THiS!

Rom Information!

THE GOAL OF THIS ROM, IS TO STAY AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE, REMOVE WHAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AND ADD
    WHAT I FEEL SHOULD BE ADDED TO IMPROVE UPON THE STOCK BASE.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS STABILITY, THAT COMES FIRST!, BEFORE MODS AND FEATURES, NEXT IS SPEED AND FLUIDITY FOLLOWED BY, USEFUL MODS THAT MAKE OUR LIVES A LITTLE EASIER.

THIS ROM IS NOT THEMED OR SKINNED IN ANYWAY, AND WILL REMAIN A 100 PERCENT STOCK IN LOOK AND DESIGN.

AT&T USERS MUST FLASH UCUFNJ4 BASEBAND, FOR WORKING WIFI & DATA!!

T-MOBILE USERS IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE OPTION TO USE WIFI CALLING, AND ALSO WANT TO USE A OFFICIAL T-MOBILE
    BASE FW, USE THIS VERSION OF MY MD ROM MADE JUST FOR YOU! - CLiCK HERE!

CANADIAN I337M USERS BE ON AT LEAST A 4.4.2 BASEBAND & BOOTLOADER OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT
    HAVE WIFI OR DATA!

DEVS, DO NOT USE ANY PART OF THIS ROM WITHOUT CONTACTING ME, AND DO NOT USE THIS ROM AS A BASE!

IN CLOSING, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!, AND ENJOY MY ROM!! :good:

Useful Links
    GUIDE TO INSTALL THIS ROM CAN BE FOUND HERE
    Q&A SECTION CAN BE FOUND HERE
    CHANGELOGS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
    CONSIDER DONATING TO THIS PROJECT! CLiCK HERE

Download Links
    ANDROID FILE HOST LINK!
    I don't recommend to waste the time with this semi-functional ROM. WiFi works on i337 but is very very slow even if you flash any modem or modules. Aroma installer didn't install what I selected. For example Wanam is missing. Also Rom is a little bit Laggy and has many small problems.
    How is possible to make a stock rom semi functional ??? I did everything correctly, there was nothing complicated to do. Sometimes when i want to reboot i see default options, sometimes i see advanced options. Probably he did something wrong with wanam xposed and aroma installer. I still can't believe this rom didn't worked for my i337.
    You don't know what are you talking. Imagine i make a ROM that is not tested at all and i tell you that is perfect and you do something wrong with your phone , imagine such a gift. First of all this is a stock based rom, you should try hard to do something wrong with it. I found that the problems where caused by the aroma installer which messed some settings. I tried to install it again w/o xposed and now it's working as it should but anyway it is very important to mention the problems with the installer !!!
    If you have an issue with the ROM there is certainly a better way to bring it to the developer's attention. Being rude, offensive, and juvenile is not the proper way to get help or conduct yourself in general. I'm sure if you have a legitimate issue, iB would be more than willing to fix it, but with your terrible attitude, I'm glad you're having problems.
    Update 2-11-15

CHANGELOG

- UPDATED GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL TO 1.2.8
    - ADDED OPTION FOR IMPERIUM KERNEL 1.11
    - REMOVED SMEMO, REPLACED WITH MEMO APP
    - SOME CLEAN UP
    - UPDATED SUPER SU
    - MISC IMPROVEMENTS
    - REWORKED CARRIER INFO FOR EACH S4 MODEL
    - CLEAN INSTALL ONLY! <- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    - IF YOU DIRTY FLASH AND HAVE ISSUES CLEAN INSTALL B4 YOU POST!

NEW AROMA OPTION[/U]
    - CHOOSE IMPERIUM KERNEL, AEL KERNEL, GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL, OR BYPASS FOR SAFESTRAP USERS

Please go THANK the following
    BIG thanks to @googy_anas FOR HIS KERNEL!
    BIG thanks to @slim80 FOR HIS KERNEL

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone