|ROM|★MD v1.2★|►UCUFNJ4◄|4.4.4 TW|FEB.11.15|★

Search This thread

objecttothis

Dec 21, 2007
Exchange problem with this ROM

Device: Rooted and SIM unlocked AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) on AT&T NJ4 Modules running 2/11/2015 build of MD ROM with Safestrap build 3.75 and clean install.

Problem: One of my two exchange accounts cannot be authenticated. The other one can but if I uncheck sync email when I install the account it won't sync contacts or calendar for that account.

Here is how I know it is a problem with the Exchange ActiveSync that comes with this ROM:
- On my wife's unlocked & rooted LG Nexus 4 running Cyanogenmod 12 (Android 5.0.2) I can add both accounts with no problem. That is running com.android.email and com.android.exchange version 5.0.2-fd3c092a06.
- On my S4 if I install Email version 6.3-1218562 and Exchange Services 6.2-1158763 I am able to successfully setup my wife's account. The problem is that these are apk's so they don't replace the built in email and exchange services and the contacts app does not have permissions to modify any contacts sync'd with those accounts.

Possible solutions:
- @iB4STiD could replace the stock email/exchange services in his ROM with the above versions at the ROM level, I believe that would take care of the permissions issues for contacts and the buggy default exchange services would be done away with.
- If something else is causing contacts not to be able to modify contacts sync'd with the newer version of exchange services.
- Someone could point me to a flashable version of one or both of these (it would need to be compatible with the S4) then I could flash them myself.
- Someone already knows of a fix for the problem with the old exchange services, by all means. Please note that it's not a password issue or a server name issue, so please don't waste my time or yours by telling me to check those (see above for the proof).

Sidenote: I did some searching on the 4.4.2 version of Exchange Services which comes with this ROM. A lot of people complained about problems with it. It wouldn't surprise me if that is our culprit... how to replace it is the problem.

PS - If you respond to this thread saying "It works for me" I am going to reach through your screen and turn your computer off because you don't deserve to be on the internet.

Last edited:

objecttothis

Dec 21, 2007
com.android.phone crash

Device: Galaxy S4 (AT&T) Rooted and running NJ4 and Safestrap 3.75
Problem: com.android.phone crashes 2-3 times on boot and then works normally (except one time I couldn't hear the caller and caller couldn't hear me).
Error Message: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

Here is the procedure I followed
1. Reboot into Safestrap 3.75 Recovery
2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > everything EXCEPT extsdcard
3. Install latest ROM zip
4. In Aroma, select "Safestrap" version and continue through selections
5. When Aroma finishes, uncheck "reboot" option and then press "reboot" to exit back to safestrap.
6. Install ATT Modules (NJ4)
7. Install SuperSU (2.46)
8. Reboot

Any ideas?

Can0dope

Jul 11, 2011
Phoenix
Oh... well on the Google Drive mirror, there's a 1.3 version... I'll try 1.2 shortly.

Update: Flashed 1.2, everything seems to be working except GPS... It won't lock on to the correct location. I tried using GPS Status & Toolbox to calibrate, that didn't help...

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

objecttothis

Dec 21, 2007
Device: Rooted and SIM unlocked AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) on AT&T NJ4 Modules running 2/11/2015 build of MD ROM with Safestrap build 3.75 and clean install.
Problem: One of my two exchange accounts cannot be authenticated. The other one can but if I uncheck sync email when I install the account it won't sync contacts or calendar for that account.

Here is an update on this problem. After doing some more troubleshooting I figured out that because there is a colon in the password for the account that I am trying to setup the authentication fails. As soon as the colon is taken out, the authentication is fine.

- The stock NJ4 ROM does not have this bug.
- Other devices running Lollipop and Kitkat do not exhibit this bug.

I believe the bug is specific to the version of the Exchange Active Sync client that the Dev has installed here. I looked at the version and it's 4.4.2 so that's not even the same version that's in the stock NJ4 ROM. Any chance you could update the ROM to include the most recent version available of the EAS client?

Can0dope

Jul 11, 2011
Phoenix
Oh... well on the Google Drive mirror, there's a 1.3 version... I'll try 1.2 shortly.

Update: Flashed 1.2, everything seems to be working except GPS... It won't lock on to the correct location. I tried using GPS Status & Toolbox to calibrate, that didn't help...

Any suggestions?
Update: I finally got a chance to do a clean flash of 1.2... GPS is working better than before, but still a couple hundred meters off. Compass calibration worked properly this time around. That's good enough for me. At least now I can easily get a rough idea of my location when I get lost in the wilderness occasionally.

s3nr1

Oct 29, 2011
Can u safely flash Imperium 1.3 or should I leave well enough alone. I'm using the Canadian i377m. Should I use AEL, Googy, etc. instead? Any pros cons? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ddaflorez

Oct 21, 2012
I337m is not booting after a clean flash. Dirty flashed and still the same. So, what's the matter ? Flashed as i337m and 9505 with every kernel available in Aroma and still not booting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KS64L5X.png

Features
    - UCUFNJ4, touchwiz 4.4.4, based on at&t fw,rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support, the sampack, knox removed
    - international boot up and shutdown animations, removed at&t stock shutdown and boot animations
    - enabled secondary keys samsung kb, samsung kb with auto correct, camera during call, fw update removed
    - aroma installer, at&t bloat removed, rom self cleaning every 7 days, removed wifi nag from notifications
    - sent time in sim list camcorder does not pause music,no boot sound, sqlite3 script, no carrier iq, supersu
    - enabled copy to dialer, display sms time as server, recipient limit raised to 999, disabled sms 2 mms conversion,
    - busybox, zipalign script, apps2sd, extended reboot, google stock kb baked in, flashable add-ons, buildprop tweaks
    - added ability to edit apn's, wifi tethering, scheduled sms sending, disabled battery full nag, google bloat removed,
    - sqlite script is performed once at boot every 7 days, zipalign script performed once at boot every 4 days
    - rom works with all gsm carriers, removed auto correction patent, mobile data toggle, wi-fi hotspot toggle
    - simple,fast,stable, more to come!

Aroma Options
    - choose adblocking or bypass adblocking no app needed
    - chooe galaxy s5 weather widget or stock s4 weather widget
    - choose xposed & wanam xposed module or bypass
    - choose aosp browser with sync or stock or chrome
    - choose silent camera or stock
    - choose sampack with samsung cloud based services and user removable samsung apps
    - choose 3minit battery mod or bypass
    - choose 1 of 3 kernels imperium kernel, googy-max3 kernel or ael kernel or bypass kernel for safestrap users

Removable Apps
    - esfile manager, google music, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Sampack Removable Apps
    - all samsung apps can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Faq
    - WANAM XPOSED FEATURE LIST
    - Q&A SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - SAFESTRAP USERS READ THIS B4 U FLASH!
    - ADDONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
    - A THANK YOU TO ALL MY USERS!!
    - CREDITS DUE, PLEASE READ THIS!

Rom
    I am not responsible if your phone does the following
    bricks - blows up - or joins dancing with the stars

- DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    - CHANGELOGS
    MD5 3a44611032e93ba35febce8704e7fd39

Signature Banners
    - CLiCK HERE!

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
    READ THiS!

Rom Information!

THE GOAL OF THIS ROM, IS TO STAY AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE, REMOVE WHAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AND ADD
    WHAT I FEEL SHOULD BE ADDED TO IMPROVE UPON THE STOCK BASE.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS STABILITY, THAT COMES FIRST!, BEFORE MODS AND FEATURES, NEXT IS SPEED AND FLUIDITY FOLLOWED BY, USEFUL MODS THAT MAKE OUR LIVES A LITTLE EASIER.

THIS ROM IS NOT THEMED OR SKINNED IN ANYWAY, AND WILL REMAIN A 100 PERCENT STOCK IN LOOK AND DESIGN.

AT&T USERS MUST FLASH UCUFNJ4 BASEBAND, FOR WORKING WIFI & DATA!!

T-MOBILE USERS IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE OPTION TO USE WIFI CALLING, AND ALSO WANT TO USE A OFFICIAL T-MOBILE
    BASE FW, USE THIS VERSION OF MY MD ROM MADE JUST FOR YOU! - CLiCK HERE!

CANADIAN I337M USERS BE ON AT LEAST A 4.4.2 BASEBAND & BOOTLOADER OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT
    HAVE WIFI OR DATA!

DEVS, DO NOT USE ANY PART OF THIS ROM WITHOUT CONTACTING ME, AND DO NOT USE THIS ROM AS A BASE!

IN CLOSING, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!, AND ENJOY MY ROM!! :good:

Useful Links
    GUIDE TO INSTALL THIS ROM CAN BE FOUND HERE
    Q&A SECTION CAN BE FOUND HERE
    CHANGELOGS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
    CONSIDER DONATING TO THIS PROJECT! CLiCK HERE

Download Links
    ANDROID FILE HOST LINK!
    I don't recommend to waste the time with this semi-functional ROM. WiFi works on i337 but is very very slow even if you flash any modem or modules. Aroma installer didn't install what I selected. For example Wanam is missing. Also Rom is a little bit Laggy and has many small problems.
    How is possible to make a stock rom semi functional ??? I did everything correctly, there was nothing complicated to do. Sometimes when i want to reboot i see default options, sometimes i see advanced options. Probably he did something wrong with wanam xposed and aroma installer. I still can't believe this rom didn't worked for my i337.
    You don't know what are you talking. Imagine i make a ROM that is not tested at all and i tell you that is perfect and you do something wrong with your phone , imagine such a gift. First of all this is a stock based rom, you should try hard to do something wrong with it. I found that the problems where caused by the aroma installer which messed some settings. I tried to install it again w/o xposed and now it's working as it should but anyway it is very important to mention the problems with the installer !!!
    If you have an issue with the ROM there is certainly a better way to bring it to the developer's attention. Being rude, offensive, and juvenile is not the proper way to get help or conduct yourself in general. I'm sure if you have a legitimate issue, iB would be more than willing to fix it, but with your terrible attitude, I'm glad you're having problems.
    Update 2-11-15

CHANGELOG

- UPDATED GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL TO 1.2.8
    - ADDED OPTION FOR IMPERIUM KERNEL 1.11
    - REMOVED SMEMO, REPLACED WITH MEMO APP
    - SOME CLEAN UP
    - UPDATED SUPER SU
    - MISC IMPROVEMENTS
    - REWORKED CARRIER INFO FOR EACH S4 MODEL
    - CLEAN INSTALL ONLY! <- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    - IF YOU DIRTY FLASH AND HAVE ISSUES CLEAN INSTALL B4 YOU POST!

NEW AROMA OPTION[/U]
    - CHOOSE IMPERIUM KERNEL, AEL KERNEL, GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL, OR BYPASS FOR SAFESTRAP USERS

Please go THANK the following
    BIG thanks to @googy_anas FOR HIS KERNEL!
    BIG thanks to @slim80 FOR HIS KERNEL

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone