[ROM][MESMERIZE][SHOWCASE][4-10-11] MIUI v8.0 ALPHA

Search This thread

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
UPDATE 4/10/11: Added v8 which is the most recent test build done by deeznotes (thanks!) for the fascinate, ported to mesmerize and showcase thanks to dfgas and myself (and thanks to all of the others from the original posts since we wouldn't be where we are without them!). Here is deeznotes' changelog for this build;

http://www.deeznotes.com/android/CHANGE_LOG-miui-fascinate-1.3.x-2.2-en.txt

Through a wonderful breakthrough by phidelt82 and a gutsy experiment from me, we discovered that the wonderful work done by Jamezelle and fascinate crew with the port of MIUI can and is now able to be used by us mesmerize users!

Biggest Thanks to jamezelle+crew, and also l3ttuc3 for a all-nighter full of hard work and learning, dfgas, phidelt82, dcow and any others I may have missed + everyone in the IRC chat because without you this stuff would not happen! - Also thanks to JT for the padding fix and for the awesome AOSP voodoo kernel that I've packaged in this rom and all the awesome work he does!

There are some things fascinate is still working on, and is the only reason we are calling this an ALPHA - hopefully the two teams can work together to correct these issues in the future! I myself am using this as a daily driver!

NOTE: FOR CHANGE LOGS AND OTHER INFO CHECK OUT THE ORIGINAL POST HERE

Known to be Working:
calls
mute for calls
usb mass storage (UMS)
data
wifi
sms
bluetooth (file transfer & Motorola S10-HD works)
audio
market and gapps
AOSP camera (b&w preview) (turn off autofocus!)
sdcard mount
browser
accelerometer
proximity sensor
autobrightness (ambient light sensor)
miui music and lockscreen music controls
GPS & Network Location
MIUI backup
MIUI File Explorer PC Sync (FTP)
Youtube HQ works for some vids, still a bit laggy
in call volume
softkey vibrate (haptic feedback)
voodoo conversion (no voodoo lady voice though)
Theme Manager (Download through this, do not use theme downloader it doesn't work)
maybe more stuff.....

Currently NOT Working:

Bluetooth
MMS
Video Camera
youtube HQ
Torch/Flashlight in notification bar
Possible other quirks
Theme Downloader (use theme manager as noted above, i'ts not included in v8)

Semi-Working;

Camera - Doesn't seem to take full 5 mp pictures but they are decent quality - preview is black and white.

Known Issues:

Icons are updated after a reboot. When flashing, reboot the phone to get the icons to update.

When receiving a call, the phone will ring but there is a delay waking the screen. Press the power button to get the screen to wake up instead of letting calls go to voicemail.

INSTRUCTION:

STANDARD NANDROID BACKUP PROCEDURE, ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU NEED TO RESTORE TO A DIFFERENT ROM, YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH THE EC10 KERNEL YOU WERE ON PREVIOUS AS NANDROIDS DO NOT RESTORE THEM AND IT WILL NOT BOOT ON THE AOSP KERNEL.

Disabling lagfix is optional per JT :)
  • Place .zip on SD card. May want to export your contacts to SD card or have them on google, I haven't verified that a restore from TitaniumBackup would work
  • Boot into recovery and do a factory reset/wipe data. Also wipe cache partition.
  • Select "install zip from SD card", navigate to the MIUI zip you downloaded.
  • Install - you will see the script scroll and the neat MIUI ASCII ending done by the fascinate guys.
  • Reboot - It will take some time to load - then enjoy the goodness :)

DOWNLOAD:
MESMERIZE v7

MESMERIZE v8

SHOWCASE v8

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE AN ADULT, ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Last edited:

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
reserved for screenshots

snap20110330_183603.png
snap20110330_183553.png

snap20110330_183324.png
snap20110330_183343.png

snap20110330_183401.png
snap20110330_183405.png

snap20110330_183432.png
snap20110330_183525.png

snap20110330_190808.png
snap20110331_191341.png

snap20110331_191430.png
snap20110331_192929.png

snap20110331_192956.png
snap20110331_193012.png

snap20110331_193018.png
snap20110331_193201.png

screenshot3.png
snap20110331_195300.png

snap20110331_195300.png
snap20110331_191413.png

snap20110331_195244.png
snap20110331_194721.png

Last edited:
Reactions: elijahblake

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
You guys rock, awesome job. I'll think about switching... wish I had internet though. All these roms and things are eating up my data plan! :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
I pulled the link for tonight as I didn't have recovery set up correctly in the rom, if you downloaded you just need to use odin to flash recovery and you're all set. Will have a link tomorrow if not sooner!

mesmerbelly

Nov 25, 2010
okc
Is this like a smoking fast rom or what because the look is way to crapple for me just wondering

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

dcow90

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 21, 2009
San Francisco
dcow.me
Not Working
  • usb mass storage requires restart (but still appears to not be working..)
  • stay awake while charging
  • random bootloop on lockscreen charging animation..
  • theme downloader

Last edited:

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
Not Working
  • usb mass storage requires restart (but still appears to not be working..)
  • stay awake while charging
  • random bootloop on lockscreen charging animation..
  • theme downloader

Thanks dcow - Theme downloader was working before we did the last round of edits for sms and the market - theme manager works - we'll have to see how we broke it. Also I had no issues with USB mass storage either, haven't gotten to test yet on this build.

And the voodoo chick is not talking in this build, and I pulled v5 from fascinates MIUI which was their latest build that was posted.

Mesmerbilly - google MIUI - it's much more than a fast ROM and the look is customizeable through the ROM itself - what i posted is just the stock theme.

vluhd

Nov 24, 2010
Also not working:
  • pandora
  • google listen
  • the silence/vibrate settings are weird, but that's not really broken per se

i suppose i should provide a little detail.
pandora thinks it works, but it doesn't make any noise.
google listen straight up doesnt work. it just always says there was an error.
also, like the other aosp build, when you put the speaker on max volume it's too loud and makes me worry the speaker is going to break. lol

Last edited:

tweakymattman

Dec 7, 2010
Hurry up and get the download back up! Haha I'm anxious to flash this. Looks great. Keep up the awesome work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
Did you guys make sure to swap out the /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so with one from a stock 2.2 mesmerize rom. that should fix random reboots and probably more issues you guys are having that the fascinate isn't having.

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
Did you guys make sure to swap out the /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so with one from a stock 2.2 mesmerize rom. that should fix random reboots and probably more issues you guys are having that the fascinate isn't having.

any idea why the showcase test version would send text and everything else works (that works on the mes build), but it wouldn't receive text...

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Aw, my phone was acting up and I was gonna make the jump to trying this out. Lol guess I might as well fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
I'm not sure if we did, I'm checking this right now as I fix my download from last night. Thanks for the tip!

any idea why the showcase test version would send text and everything else works (that works on the mes build), but it wouldn't receive text...

Make sure the changes in /lib and /bin were made, as well as the edit's to the framework.jar - if all that has been done and verified, then we'll have to look into it further :confused:.

Oh and Vluhd, my pandora works fine =/.

Last edited:

Igotno

Dec 11, 2010
Maine
Lol...much appreciated... Wish I had time to work on this stuff myself

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

vluhd

Nov 24, 2010
Oh and Vluhd, my pandora works fine =/.

Well poop, mine doesn't work at all.
3g, wifi, headphones, speaker, doesn't matter :/

Without pandora and google listen working, it's reeeeeally hard to keep using this rom
which is sad, because i really like it.
unless we somehow got cyanogen ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 4/10/11: Added v8 which is the most recent test build done by deeznotes (thanks!) for the fascinate, ported to mesmerize and showcase thanks to dfgas and myself (and thanks to all of the others from the original posts since we wouldn't be where we are without them!). Here is deeznotes' changelog for this build;

http://www.deeznotes.com/android/CHANGE_LOG-miui-fascinate-1.3.x-2.2-en.txt

Through a wonderful breakthrough by phidelt82 and a gutsy experiment from me, we discovered that the wonderful work done by Jamezelle and fascinate crew with the port of MIUI can and is now able to be used by us mesmerize users!

Biggest Thanks to jamezelle+crew, and also l3ttuc3 for a all-nighter full of hard work and learning, dfgas, phidelt82, dcow and any others I may have missed + everyone in the IRC chat because without you this stuff would not happen! - Also thanks to JT for the padding fix and for the awesome AOSP voodoo kernel that I've packaged in this rom and all the awesome work he does!

There are some things fascinate is still working on, and is the only reason we are calling this an ALPHA - hopefully the two teams can work together to correct these issues in the future! I myself am using this as a daily driver!

NOTE: FOR CHANGE LOGS AND OTHER INFO CHECK OUT THE ORIGINAL POST HERE

Known to be Working:
    calls
    mute for calls
    usb mass storage (UMS)
    data
    wifi
    sms
    bluetooth (file transfer & Motorola S10-HD works)
    audio
    market and gapps
    AOSP camera (b&w preview) (turn off autofocus!)
    sdcard mount
    browser
    accelerometer
    proximity sensor
    autobrightness (ambient light sensor)
    miui music and lockscreen music controls
    GPS & Network Location
    MIUI backup
    MIUI File Explorer PC Sync (FTP)
    Youtube HQ works for some vids, still a bit laggy
    in call volume
    softkey vibrate (haptic feedback)
    voodoo conversion (no voodoo lady voice though)
    Theme Manager (Download through this, do not use theme downloader it doesn't work)
    maybe more stuff.....

Currently NOT Working:

Bluetooth
    MMS
    Video Camera
    youtube HQ
    Torch/Flashlight in notification bar
    Possible other quirks
    Theme Downloader (use theme manager as noted above, i'ts not included in v8)

Semi-Working;

Camera - Doesn't seem to take full 5 mp pictures but they are decent quality - preview is black and white.

Known Issues:

Icons are updated after a reboot. When flashing, reboot the phone to get the icons to update.

When receiving a call, the phone will ring but there is a delay waking the screen. Press the power button to get the screen to wake up instead of letting calls go to voicemail.

INSTRUCTION:

STANDARD NANDROID BACKUP PROCEDURE, ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU NEED TO RESTORE TO A DIFFERENT ROM, YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH THE EC10 KERNEL YOU WERE ON PREVIOUS AS NANDROIDS DO NOT RESTORE THEM AND IT WILL NOT BOOT ON THE AOSP KERNEL.

Disabling lagfix is optional per JT :)
    • Place .zip on SD card. May want to export your contacts to SD card or have them on google, I haven't verified that a restore from TitaniumBackup would work
    • Boot into recovery and do a factory reset/wipe data. Also wipe cache partition.
    • Select "install zip from SD card", navigate to the MIUI zip you downloaded.
    • Install - you will see the script scroll and the neat MIUI ASCII ending done by the fascinate guys.
    • Reboot - It will take some time to load - then enjoy the goodness :)

DOWNLOAD:
    MESMERIZE v7

MESMERIZE v8

SHOWCASE v8

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE AN ADULT, ACT ACCORDINGLY.
    I must have missed this before, but this goes for all ROMs. Unless you are going to flash a kernel that lacks voodoo support, there is NEVER a need to disable the lagfix first. Adds alot of unnecessary time to the whole process ;)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
    Nah, not through the built in settings anyway, I'm pretty sure 3rd party apps should work just fine.
    I can confirm that EasyTether and PDANet work for USB, and wireless tether for root users works as well.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500
    reserved for screenshots

snap20110330_183603.png
    snap20110330_183553.png

snap20110330_183324.png
    snap20110330_183343.png

snap20110330_183401.png
    snap20110330_183405.png

snap20110330_183432.png
    snap20110330_183525.png

snap20110330_190808.png
    snap20110331_191341.png

snap20110331_191430.png
    snap20110331_192929.png

snap20110331_192956.png
    snap20110331_193012.png

snap20110331_193018.png
    snap20110331_193201.png

screenshot3.png
    snap20110331_195300.png

snap20110331_195300.png
    snap20110331_191413.png

snap20110331_195244.png
    snap20110331_194721.png
    I'm confused then. I did reflash the EC10 pnp, and then did a restore. It works with lagfix enabled, it doesn't work when lagfix is disabled. Doesn't the EC10 pnp include the EC10 kernel or is that separate and I'm missing it?

I don't believe PnP has a kernel included and if it does I am almost certain it's not voodoo. (Could be wrong but don't think so). Just reflash whatever EC10 voodoo kernel you used or download a new one. Hopefully that will fix whatever issue you are having.