[ROM][MESMERIZE][SHOWCASE][4-10-11] MIUI v8.0 ALPHA

Search This thread

ciiara

Jul 26, 2010
So will the In Call Volume be fixed anytime soon? ^_^ Not to sound ungrateful! I love this rom

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
How are things goin with this?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Uh, as I tried to state in the original post - I didn't develop the ROM I just took the work the fascinate guys had done and made the proper edit's to get it running on the mesmerize. So unless the fascinate guys get something working or make an update, you won't see any advances with this.

As far as the ever plaguing mms/camera/bt issues with AOSP builds - hopefully someday we may see a fix - but from what I've heard it requires some sources we currently don't have access to. (Either way, the real developers, those who build these things from source, would have to have fixed it before I or anyone else could kang it to the mesmerize.)

Last edited:

ChromWolf

Mar 8, 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Uh, as I tried to state in the original post - I didn't develop the ROM I just took the work the fascinate guys had done and made the proper edit's to get it running on the mesmerize. So unless the fascinate guys get something working or make an update, you won't see any advances with this.

And really, the Fascinate thread for their MIUI port isn't going anywhere either; most of the developers seem to have moved into Gingerbread ports.

There's a silver lining to that dark cloud though; the latest release of official MIUI is Gingerbread based. I personally would LOVE to see a Gingerbread MIUI for the Mes (and by virtue, the Fascinate, etc.), and would love even more to be involved in building it; and as far as "being the first", I don't think anyone else is really working on it, I think everyone's mostly focused on CM7..... But I am no where even close to a developer. I'm not even worthy of saying I've kanged a ROM after it's been compiled.

But I'm learning. I'm beginning to research the fundamentals of kernels and scripting, and I hear advanced developer terms thrown out in IRC, but I don't fully know what they mean.

The bottom line is this: I want GB MIUI. I want it to work 100%, but I'll be happy if call volume was adjustable. I can't do it right now; I don't know how, and someone else may do it before me by the time I *do* learn how. I'm not making anything even close to a promise, and you shouldn't hold your breath. But I love using MIUI, and I want it up and running. If I actually get somewhere with it, XDA will be the first to know. Well, second. The IRC chan will be first. XD

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
And really, the Fascinate thread for their MIUI port isn't going anywhere either; most of the developers seem to have moved into Gingerbread ports.

There's a silver lining to that dark cloud though; the latest release of official MIUI is Gingerbread based. I personally would LOVE to see a Gingerbread MIUI for the Mes (and by virtue, the Fascinate, etc.), and would love even more to be involved in building it; and as far as "being the first", I don't think anyone else is really working on it, I think everyone's mostly focused on CM7..... But I am no where even close to a developer. I'm not even worthy of saying I've kanged a ROM after it's been compiled.

But I'm learning. I'm beginning to research the fundamentals of kernels and scripting, and I hear advanced developer terms thrown out in IRC, but I don't fully know what they mean.

The bottom line is this: I want GB MIUI. I want it to work 100%, but I'll be happy if call volume was adjustable. I can't do it right now; I don't know how, and someone else may do it before me by the time I *do* learn how. I'm not making anything even close to a promise, and you shouldn't hold your breath. But I love using MIUI, and I want it up and running. If I actually get somewhere with it, XDA will be the first to know. Well, second. The IRC chan will be first. XD

Honestly from what I've learned over the past few months, this is how most of these developers have become... developers. Even people with vast experience in coding languages still have issues learning how to develop android. The only way to learn is to dig in, look at the code, and research research research. (mostly by just asking the other guys who have had experience working with it already) So keep at it! jt1134, adrynaline, phidelt82, nemesis2all etc. are all more than helpful when it comes to questions and pointers, so pick up as much as you can from those guys (and anyone else of course) as you run into any road blocks.

As for a GB MIUI, I'd like to see it as well - however - at this point the issues plaguing the AOSP builds will still be present in a 2.3 port of MIUI because the base that must be used is AOSP/CM7 (as far as I know). So at this time, I don't see a fully functional MIUI build as being possible regardless of version (2.2 or 2.3.) until the base ROM is fully functional (which from what I've heard requires some sources we do not have).

ChromWolf

Mar 8, 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Honestly from what I've learned over the past few months, this is how most of these developers have become... developers. Even people with vast experience in coding languages still have issues learning how to develop android. The only way to learn is to dig in, look at the code, and research research research. (mostly by just asking the other guys who have had experience working with it already) So keep at it! jt1134, adrynaline, phidelt82, nemesis2all etc. are all more than helpful when it comes to questions and pointers, so pick up as much as you can from those guys (and anyone else of course) as you run into any road blocks.

I'm gonna use this as my opportunity to call out to the community and say if you want MIUI as well, and wanted it updated, here's your chance to help with it. I think if enough people decide that saying "when will it be done" isn't as good as saying "how can I help", we cane go somewhere. That's not calling anyone on the carpet; that's just saying, consider jumping to the next step. Sort of an "Ask not what your developers can do for you..." kinda thing. :)

As for a GB MIUI, I'd like to see it as well - however - at this point the issues plaguing the AOSP builds will still be present in a 2.3 port of MIUI because the base that must be used is AOSP/CM7 (as far as I know). So at this time, I don't see a fully functional MIUI build as being possible regardless of version (2.2 or 2.3.) until the base ROM is fully functional (which from what I've heard requires some sources we do not have).

I'm most definitely not holding my breath on MIUI GB; I'd LOVE to just be good enough to port over pure MIUI to the Mes, but I'm no where near that good, and not even the devs BDE listed above are doing that for the most part (jt may be the exception). I'd love to find a mostly-similar device hardware wise that has an active MIUI port (as in, from the MIUI Dev site), but that's also CDMA; and that's been one roadblock.

I'm cool with just slapping in the CM7 parts, but for one, it seems "quick and dirty", which doesn't seem fitting with the concept of MIUI, and for another, I dislike the idea of being stuck with the same issues as everyone else's AOSP builds; it just feel like I'm stuck relying on those devs to fix them. And maybe that's true; like I say, I'm no dev, and these guys totally are, and I may be stuck dumping CM7 parts into MIUI to get it to work. I just can't in good conscience go about it without trying it my way first, just to see what happens. XD

I'm kinda thinking "aloud" here, so I'll wrap this up.

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
I'm gonna use this as my opportunity to call out to the community and say if you want MIUI as well, and wanted it updated, here's your chance to help with it. I think if enough people decide that saying "when will it be done" isn't as good as saying "how can I help", we cane go somewhere. That's not calling anyone on the carpet; that's just saying, consider jumping to the next step. Sort of an "Ask not what your developers can do for you..." kinda thing. :)

I'm most definitely not holding my breath on MIUI GB; I'd LOVE to just be good enough to port over pure MIUI to the Mes, but I'm no where near that good, and not even the devs BDE listed above are doing that for the most part (jt may be the exception). I'd love to find a mostly-similar device hardware wise that has an active MIUI port (as in, from the MIUI Dev site), but that's also CDMA; and that's been one roadblock.

I'm cool with just slapping in the CM7 parts, but for one, it seems "quick and dirty", which doesn't seem fitting with the concept of MIUI, and for another, I dislike the idea of being stuck with the same issues as everyone else's AOSP builds; it just feel like I'm stuck relying on those devs to fix them. And maybe that's true; like I say, I'm no dev, and these guys totally are, and I may be stuck dumping CM7 parts into MIUI to get it to work. I just can't in good conscience go about it without trying it my way first, just to see what happens. XD

I'm kinda thinking "aloud" here, so I'll wrap this up.

If your main goal here is to get a fully functioning MIUI (or any AOSP for that matter) then i would say you would need to focus on the AOSP rom- jt1134 has a great github and it's well organized so that others are able to use it (he has a tree for AOSP) - lmartin92 was able to sync his repo and make the proper USCC edits and then build the native mesmerize ROM from it- I'm not sure if lmartin's github is up to speed and able to be used by outsiders but you may try contacting him. He's currently working on a native build of CM7 through the same process (using jt's source once again) last I heard.

Once you were able to have a full build done and booting, then you would be able to test and troubleshoot on the phone(using logcats, don't forget that the radio has a different logcat, can't remember the commands off top) then go back to the source code to determine the fix. This appears to be how punk.kaos has been going about fixing up the camera in his CM7 build (from what I've read on his twitter) but I may be missing a step or two in there.

As far as I know, the code within the source is mostly C++ vs. what we see post-build (java bytecode, assembly) but I'm sure there are other languages used there too (i've never actually gotten as far as to see what source files look like personally)

That's about the only suggestion I can think of for a starting point at this moment.

ChromWolf

Mar 8, 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there in hopes the right people are watching.

I've been kinda keeping it under wraps since I honestly don't know what the hell I'm doing as I've never done it before, but... I'm VERY SLOWLY working towards porting GB MIUI. I finally caught a bit of a break with the scripting, and got it to flash yesterday evening.

Don't get your hopes up just yet; pretty much NOTHING worked. In fact, the only things that *did* work were the launcher screen (could drag the screen back and forth), and the already-included CM7 "TV shut-off" animation when you turn the screen off. EVERYthing else is pretty much broken. I don't even know if call volume will be adjustable in this ROM, since this experiment was using the Nexus S (which is GSM), so the radio is completely broken. I knew it would be, but still.

I REALLY want GB MIUI, but I'm starting to get to the point where I think I'm in over my head, and could really use some help. If you've ported ROMs and miss having an up-to-date MIUI, here's your chance to get in on it.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there in hopes the right people are watching.

I've been kinda keeping it under wraps since I honestly don't know what the hell I'm doing as I've never done it before, but... I'm VERY SLOWLY working towards porting GB MIUI. I finally caught a bit of a break with the scripting, and got it to flash yesterday evening.

Don't get your hopes up just yet; pretty much NOTHING worked. In fact, the only things that *did* work were the launcher screen (could drag the screen back and forth), and the already-included CM7 "TV shut-off" animation when you turn the screen off. EVERYthing else is pretty much broken. I don't even know if call volume will be adjustable in this ROM, since this experiment was using the Nexus S (which is GSM), so the radio is completely broken. I knew it would be, but still.

I REALLY want GB MIUI, but I'm starting to get to the point where I think I'm in over my head, and could really use some help. If you've ported ROMs and miss having an up-to-date MIUI, here's your chance to get in on it.

*hug*

I'm nowhere near being able to help develop but would love to test if you get there. I'm sure you can find some interested developers, probably bde, dfgas, lmartin, etc... good luck.

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 4/10/11: Added v8 which is the most recent test build done by deeznotes (thanks!) for the fascinate, ported to mesmerize and showcase thanks to dfgas and myself (and thanks to all of the others from the original posts since we wouldn't be where we are without them!). Here is deeznotes' changelog for this build;

http://www.deeznotes.com/android/CHANGE_LOG-miui-fascinate-1.3.x-2.2-en.txt

Through a wonderful breakthrough by phidelt82 and a gutsy experiment from me, we discovered that the wonderful work done by Jamezelle and fascinate crew with the port of MIUI can and is now able to be used by us mesmerize users!

Biggest Thanks to jamezelle+crew, and also l3ttuc3 for a all-nighter full of hard work and learning, dfgas, phidelt82, dcow and any others I may have missed + everyone in the IRC chat because without you this stuff would not happen! - Also thanks to JT for the padding fix and for the awesome AOSP voodoo kernel that I've packaged in this rom and all the awesome work he does!

There are some things fascinate is still working on, and is the only reason we are calling this an ALPHA - hopefully the two teams can work together to correct these issues in the future! I myself am using this as a daily driver!

NOTE: FOR CHANGE LOGS AND OTHER INFO CHECK OUT THE ORIGINAL POST HERE

Known to be Working:
    calls
    mute for calls
    usb mass storage (UMS)
    data
    wifi
    sms
    bluetooth (file transfer & Motorola S10-HD works)
    audio
    market and gapps
    AOSP camera (b&w preview) (turn off autofocus!)
    sdcard mount
    browser
    accelerometer
    proximity sensor
    autobrightness (ambient light sensor)
    miui music and lockscreen music controls
    GPS & Network Location
    MIUI backup
    MIUI File Explorer PC Sync (FTP)
    Youtube HQ works for some vids, still a bit laggy
    in call volume
    softkey vibrate (haptic feedback)
    voodoo conversion (no voodoo lady voice though)
    Theme Manager (Download through this, do not use theme downloader it doesn't work)
    maybe more stuff.....

Currently NOT Working:

Bluetooth
    MMS
    Video Camera
    youtube HQ
    Torch/Flashlight in notification bar
    Possible other quirks
    Theme Downloader (use theme manager as noted above, i'ts not included in v8)

Semi-Working;

Camera - Doesn't seem to take full 5 mp pictures but they are decent quality - preview is black and white.

Known Issues:

Icons are updated after a reboot. When flashing, reboot the phone to get the icons to update.

When receiving a call, the phone will ring but there is a delay waking the screen. Press the power button to get the screen to wake up instead of letting calls go to voicemail.

INSTRUCTION:

STANDARD NANDROID BACKUP PROCEDURE, ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU NEED TO RESTORE TO A DIFFERENT ROM, YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH THE EC10 KERNEL YOU WERE ON PREVIOUS AS NANDROIDS DO NOT RESTORE THEM AND IT WILL NOT BOOT ON THE AOSP KERNEL.

Disabling lagfix is optional per JT :)
    • Place .zip on SD card. May want to export your contacts to SD card or have them on google, I haven't verified that a restore from TitaniumBackup would work
    • Boot into recovery and do a factory reset/wipe data. Also wipe cache partition.
    • Select "install zip from SD card", navigate to the MIUI zip you downloaded.
    • Install - you will see the script scroll and the neat MIUI ASCII ending done by the fascinate guys.
    • Reboot - It will take some time to load - then enjoy the goodness :)

DOWNLOAD:
    MESMERIZE v7

MESMERIZE v8

SHOWCASE v8

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE AN ADULT, ACT ACCORDINGLY.
    I must have missed this before, but this goes for all ROMs. Unless you are going to flash a kernel that lacks voodoo support, there is NEVER a need to disable the lagfix first. Adds alot of unnecessary time to the whole process ;)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
    Nah, not through the built in settings anyway, I'm pretty sure 3rd party apps should work just fine.
    I can confirm that EasyTether and PDANet work for USB, and wireless tether for root users works as well.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500
    reserved for screenshots

snap20110330_183603.png
    snap20110330_183553.png

snap20110330_183324.png
    snap20110330_183343.png

snap20110330_183401.png
    snap20110330_183405.png

snap20110330_183432.png
    snap20110330_183525.png

snap20110330_190808.png
    snap20110331_191341.png

snap20110331_191430.png
    snap20110331_192929.png

snap20110331_192956.png
    snap20110331_193012.png

snap20110331_193018.png
    snap20110331_193201.png

screenshot3.png
    snap20110331_195300.png

snap20110331_195300.png
    snap20110331_191413.png

snap20110331_195244.png
    snap20110331_194721.png
    I'm confused then. I did reflash the EC10 pnp, and then did a restore. It works with lagfix enabled, it doesn't work when lagfix is disabled. Doesn't the EC10 pnp include the EC10 kernel or is that separate and I'm missing it?

I don't believe PnP has a kernel included and if it does I am almost certain it's not voodoo. (Could be wrong but don't think so). Just reflash whatever EC10 voodoo kernel you used or download a new one. Hopefully that will fix whatever issue you are having.