[ROM][Mi9][10.0] iodéOS = LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG + adblocker [07/03/2021]

Search This thread

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
iode_20174.png

Introduction

iodéOS is a privacy-focused operating system powered by LineageOS and based on the Android 10 mobile platform. iodéOS aims at protecting the user's privacy with a built-in adblocker and by freeing the smartphone from snitches.

The objectives in the conception of this ROM are threefold:

1. To keep the stability and security level of LineageOS, by minimizing the modifications made to the system. Apart the system modifications required by the adblocker, we mainly only added a few useful options commonly found in other custom ROMs, made some cosmetic changes, modified a few default settings to prevent data leaks to Google servers.
  2. To ease a quick adoption of this ROM by new users. We especially target users that are concerned by the protection of their privacy, but are not reluctant to still use inquisitive apps like Google ones. We thus included MicroG as well as a coherent set of default apps (all open source, with one exception), and simplified the initial setup of the system. Particularly, an initialization of MicroG has been made with GCM notifications allowed by default, a privacy-friendly network location provider (DéjàVu) pre-selected, as well as Nominatim Geocoder.
  3. To provide a new and powerful way of blocking ads, malwares, data leaks of all kinds to many intrusive servers. We are developing an analyzer, tightly integrated into the system, that captures all DNS requests and network traffic, as well as a user interface (the iodé app). Compared to some other well-known adblockers, this has the advantages of:
    • Avoiding to lock the VPN for that use. You can even use another adblocker that uses VPN technology alongside our blocker.
    • Being independent of the kind of DNS server used by the system or set by an independent app: classical DNS on UDP port 53 or any other one, DNS over TLS (DoT), DNS over HTTPS (DoH), ..., as we capture the DNS requests before they are transmitted to the system function that emits the DNS request. What we do not support, is DoH when it is natively built into applications, i.e. when an app communicates directly with a DoH server, without asking name resolution to the system. It would require to decrypt HTTPS packets between such an app and the DoH server, which may create a big security hole.
    • Precisely mapping DNS requests and network packets to the Android apps that emitted (or received) them.
    • Deciding which apps have a filtered network usage (by default, all apps), and which ones can communicate with blacklisted servers.
    The iodé blocker is already perfectly usable, although still in its infancy. Many features are lacking, like the possibility of clearing statistics (for specific apps or all), forbidding the collection of statistics for some apps, personalizing the blacklist, etc. We are actively developing it, and new functionalities will be regularly added.

Features

Changes in LineageOS to prevent data leaks:
  • Default DNS server: Google's DNS replaced by Quad9's 'unblocked' servers.
  • A-GPS: supl.google.com replaced by supl.vodafone.com.
  • Captive portal login: connectivitycheck.gstatic.com replaced by captiveportal.kuketz.de for connectivity check.
  • Dialer: Google default option replaced by OpenStreetMap for phone number lookup.

Pre-installed apps:
  • MicroG core apps: GmsCore, GsfProxy, FakeStore, maps API.
  • NLP backends for MicroG : DejaVuNLPBackend (default), MozillaNLPBackend, AppleNLPBackend, RadioCellsNLPBackend, NominatimNLPBackend.
  • App stores : FDroid (with F-Droid Privileged Extension) and Aurora Store.
  • Browser: our own fork of Firefox (with Qwant as default search engine and telemetry disabled) instead of Lineage’s default browser Jelly.
  • SMS: QKSMS instead of Lineage's default SMS app.
  • Maps/navigation: Magic Earth GPS & Navigation (the only one free but not open source).
  • Keyboard: OpenBoard instead of AOSP keyboard.
  • PDF: Pdf Viewer Plus.
  • Personnal notes: Carnet.
  • {Ad/Malware/Data leak}-blocker: iodé.
  • News: to keep users informed about our developments, as well as a FAQ.

Pre-included FDroid repository:

The apps that we tweak or develop (microG services, the browser based on Firefox, the iodé blocker app, the News app, ...) are available through a repository that we included in FDroid (check the "Apps for iodéOS" category). For this purpose and to avoid name conflicts of some apps, we also had to make a few changes in FDroid.

Useful options from other custom ROMs:
  • Smart charging (disables charging when a given level is reached, to protect battery health).
  • Fingerprint vibration toggle.
  • Swipe down to clear all in recent apps.

Installation Instructions

To download and flash our latest build, see https://gitlab.com/iode/ota.
You can also find here direct links to the latest builds.

Supported devices

Sources

Bug Reporting

You can post a message in this thread or (preferred) open an issue here.

Credits

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit their Wiki for more details.
This ROM would be nothing without the tremendous work made on MicroG, and all the other open source apps that we included. We are very grateful to their authors.

Contributors

Direct contributors: @iodeOS, @vince31fr
Indirect contributors (too numerous to list): All the people that contributed to the device tree, to LineageOS, and to the included open source apps.

Sponsoring

You can help in the development of this ROM by paying us a coffee here: https://paypal.me/iodeOS.

Screenshots

Screenshot_20201202-095321_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20201202-095832_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20200629-132938_iod%C3%A9.png
Screenshot_20200629-132903_iod%C3%A9.png
Screenshot_20200629-132849_iod%C3%A9.png
Screenshot_20200629-132232_iod%C3%A9.png
Screenshot_20200627-154642_iod%C3%A9.png
Screenshot_20200627-154650_iod%C3%A9.png

Last edited:

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
Downloads : iodéOS

• 07/03/2021 (build 20210306):
    • Blocker UI improved: performance at startup, statistics display (with sortable columns), DNS stream
    • Preinstalled apps management (uninstall / reinstall) menu added (Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Preinstalled apps)
    • Latest lineageOS sources synced
    • Default apps updated
    • Updated kernel to 4.14.221)
    • Merge CAF TAG LA.UM.8.1.r1-16900-sm8150.0
  • 22/01/2021 (build 20210119):
    • LineageOS sources synced
    • Prebuilt apps updated
    • Activated Camera APIv2 in Snap
    • Force auto-update of apps in FDroid to keep in sync with iodé apps. It can be disabled.
    • Updated kernel to latest stable (4.14.214)
    • Merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.1.r1-16600-sm8150.0
  • 26/12/2020 (build 20201125):
    • Kernel completely remastered and updated to latest stable, 4.14.212. Due to problems with fod sometimes not working, conflicts between screen-off fod and dt2w, stability problems, I started a new kernel from scratch. Major drawback though: flash with fingerprint authentication is back. This is preferable to a half-functioning fod though
    • Fod now works without dt2w being set
    • Added Wifi Display (Miracast). Maybe some problems with sound: need user feedback
    • Added poweroff alarm
    • Device tree reworked
    • Vendor updated to 12.0.6.0
    • Prebuilt apps updated
  • 02/12/2020 (build 20201127):
    • Kernel updated to latest stable: 4.14.209
    • Merged CAF tag LA.UM.8.1.r1-16200-sm8150.0
    • Prebuilt apps updated
    • New default wallpaper
    • Firefox browser renamed as iodé Browser and logo changed due to trademark restrictions
    • The iodé blocker can now be correctly coupled with a VPN
  • 20/11/2020 (build 20201119):
    • Kernel updated to latest stable: 4.14.207
    • Made some internal changes to improve stability
    • iodé app (blocker): app switches replaced by shields around app icons, aggregated apps view in report, historical data deletion for each period by long press on an app line in report, black list updated
    • Prebuilt apps updated
    • Added a iodé category in FDroid, to quickly distribute the apps we customize. We had to fork FDroid for this purpose.
    • Magisk survival script working again: it is not needed anymore to reflash Magisk after an OTA
  • 29/10/2020 (build 20201029):
    • Kernel updated to latest stable: 4.14.202
    • Updated blobs to miui 12.0.5.0
    • Switched to QTI bluetooth stack
    • Built as much stuff as possible from sources.
    • Synced Lineage sources.
    • Added screen-off FOD (one glitch though: DT2W must be enabled to make it work - to be fixed).
    • Reworked auto-brightness levels.
    • Updated Microg to 0.2.13.203915 with commits up to 28/10, in particular Mapbox maps which now mostly work.
    • Replaced Qwant browser by Firefox, with Qwant set as default search engine and telemetry disabled by default.
  • 05/08/2020 (build 20200805):
    • Synced LineageOS sources and device tree
    • microG updated to v0.2.11.202414 plus commits up to 05/08
    • AppleNLP backend working again
    • Prebuilt apps updated to their latest version
  • 25/07/2020 (build 20200725):
    • Synced lineage (security patch r40) and device tree
    • Minor UI fixes and improvements in iodé adblocker
    • Updated blocklist
    • Updated preinstalled apps
    • Improved bootanimation
  • 28/06/2020 (build 20200628): initial publicly available build of iodéOS for cepheus. It inherits the work previously published in this thread. NB: the default browser of LineageOS, Jelly, has been replaced by Qwant. For those who miss Jelly, you can install it from iodé FDroid repo (look at "Apps for iodé" in FDroid categories).

Downloads : add-ons
  • phonesky-magisk.zip : Magisk module for NanoDroid patched Play Store, for those who really need to get access to their paid apps that don't work with microG. This module can be generally be deactivated when you have installed and ran once the paid apps.
    NB : you may have to wait a couple of hours after activating the module for being able to install paid apps.

Attachments

• phonesky-magisk.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
vince31fr -- Can we dirty flash this new iodéOS ROM over your previous LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG (Unofficial) ROM?
Yes you can, but be careful, make a backup. There is no particular reason for a dirty flash to fail : the basis is the same, the ROM is signed with the same keys... The modifications made to the system for supporting the adblocker should not be harmless.

There's only one thing that may cause a problem, is that microg, as I told in the old thread, has been compiled with the mapbox option.

About microg, even with the mapbox option, many apps with integrated maps still do not work properly... But the development on microg is starting again, so we may expect some progress.

Maybe some users that tried dirty flash could tell if it worked?

dmahtani

Jul 29, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Thanks -- I went ahead and dirty flashed this iodéOS ROM over your previous LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG (Unofficial) ROM and everything seems to be working fine. :)

Yes you can, but be careful, make a backup. There is no particular reason for a dirty flash to fail : the basis is the same, the ROM is signed with the same keys... The modifications made to the system for supporting the adblocker should not be harmless.

There's only one thing that may cause a problem, is that microg, as I told in the old thread, has been compiled with the mapbox option.

About microg, even with the mapbox option, many apps with integrated maps still do not work properly... But the development on microg is starting again, so we may expect some progress.

Maybe some users that tried dirty flash could tell if it worked?

iodeOS

Jun 17, 2020
France
www.iode.tech
Hi, for the record I'm antoine, I work with vincent on this project.
As mentioned in the OP, this adblocker is still in its infancy (we use it for months now and it seems robust), but there may still be bugs. We are actively developing it, and many more features will be added over the next months. We are open to receive bug reports, suggestions, comments of any kind...

Reactions: invd

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
I also installed your building out of curiosity, but I did not know how to recover my contacts and photos that are obviously on Google, is there any alternative to this ??

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
I also installed your building out of curiosity, but I did not know how to recover my contacts and photos that are obviously on Google, is there any alternative to this ??
You can export your contacts from google and import them in the Contacts app. Last time I used google photos, it was working, except synchronization. You can also export all your photos in an archive file.

Personally, I use a nextcloud account at infomaniak, not very expensive. I sync contacts, calendar, photos, ... If in the future I get a decent upload rate at home, I'll probably use nextcloud on a home server.
Leaving google has a price...

Last edited:

peking12

Jul 1, 2020
Bluetooth

I really like this ROM!

The only problem I've found so far is that I have problems with bluetooth stuttering.

When listening to music or podcast, the audio quality sometimes gets terrible, like when you walk away from your phone with your headset.

iodeOS

Jun 17, 2020
France
www.iode.tech
I really like this ROM!

The only problem I've found so far is that I have problems with bluetooth stuttering.

When listening to music or podcast, the audio quality sometimes gets terrible, like when you walk away from your phone with your headset.

Thanks for the feedback !
We will look into this

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I'll try soon.

Great !

Reactions: modest.young

peking12

Jul 1, 2020
Thanks for the feedback !
We will look into this

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Great !

When I changed Bluetooth audio codec to SBC in developer settings, the problem goes away. Does anybody know how I can make this change persistent?

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
When I changed Bluetooth audio codec to SBC in developer settings, the problem goes away. Does anybody know how I can make this change persistent?

If you know which codec was used but does not work well (I read about problems with AAC but thought it was fixed), you can remove it by editing /vendor/build.prop, and remove -aac from the line
Code:
persist.vendor.qcom.bluetooth.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptxtws-aptxhd-aac-ldac-aptxadaptive

wain_hero

Oct 23, 2009
This rom is just awesome. Iodé is a great concept. Congratulations, guys, on a job well done! Probably the best and most original rom I've seen since I registered on this forum (2009).
For info, my bluetooth headset works without any problem (I use the LDAC codec).
I made a dirty flash and everything works as excepted.

peking12

Jul 1, 2020
If you know which codec was used but does not work well (I read about problems with AAC but thought it was fixed), you can remove it by editing /vendor/build.prop, and remove -aac from the line
Code:
persist.vendor.qcom.bluetooth.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptxtws-aptxhd-aac-ldac-aptxadaptive

Yes, it is AAC which is my problem.

But removing -aac from that line in build.prop didn't change anything.. The default codec is still AAC after a reboot. It goes back to AAC when I disconnect my headset also.

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse

Yes, it is AAC which is my problem.

But removing -aac from that line in build.prop didn't change anything.. The default codec is still AAC after a reboot. It goes back to AAC when I disconnect my headset also.
Try to remove aac in /system/build.prop too

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
This rom is just awesome. Iodé is a great concept. Congratulations, guys, on a job well done! Probably the best and most original rom I've seen since I registered on this forum (2009).
For info, my bluetooth headset works without any problem (I use the LDAC codec).
I made a dirty flash and everything works as excepted.
Many thanks for that enthusiastic comment! We could not expect much more ;)
We're just at the beginning, many things remain to be done. Especially in the adblocker, which is the tough part, requiring a lot of development... Btw, what's your opinion about it ?

peking12

Jul 1, 2020
Try to remove aac in /system/build.prop too

Doing that prevents my phone from booting. :( Tried it two times and results are the same.

I was not allowed to edit /system/build.prop from a file manager with root privileges. Therefore I had to do it in TWRP.

I copied /system/build.prop and edited it. Then booted in TWRP to replace /system/build.prop with my edited version. I also took a backup of the original file.

Phone won't boot with the edited version, but booted when I put back the original version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iode_20174.png

Introduction

iodéOS is a privacy-focused operating system powered by LineageOS and based on the Android 10 mobile platform. iodéOS aims at protecting the user's privacy with a built-in adblocker and by freeing the smartphone from snitches.

The objectives in the conception of this ROM are threefold:

1. To keep the stability and security level of LineageOS, by minimizing the modifications made to the system. Apart the system modifications required by the adblocker, we mainly only added a few useful options commonly found in other custom ROMs, made some cosmetic changes, modified a few default settings to prevent data leaks to Google servers.
    2. To ease a quick adoption of this ROM by new users. We especially target users that are concerned by the protection of their privacy, but are not reluctant to still use inquisitive apps like Google ones. We thus included MicroG as well as a coherent set of default apps (all open source, with one exception), and simplified the initial setup of the system. Particularly, an initialization of MicroG has been made with GCM notifications allowed by default, a privacy-friendly network location provider (DéjàVu) pre-selected, as well as Nominatim Geocoder.
    3. To provide a new and powerful way of blocking ads, malwares, data leaks of all kinds to many intrusive servers. We are developing an analyzer, tightly integrated into the system, that captures all DNS requests and network traffic, as well as a user interface (the iodé app). Compared to some other well-known adblockers, this has the advantages of:
      • Avoiding to lock the VPN for that use. You can even use another adblocker that uses VPN technology alongside our blocker.
      • Being independent of the kind of DNS server used by the system or set by an independent app: classical DNS on UDP port 53 or any other one, DNS over TLS (DoT), DNS over HTTPS (DoH), ..., as we capture the DNS requests before they are transmitted to the system function that emits the DNS request. What we do not support, is DoH when it is natively built into applications, i.e. when an app communicates directly with a DoH server, without asking name resolution to the system. It would require to decrypt HTTPS packets between such an app and the DoH server, which may create a big security hole.
      • Precisely mapping DNS requests and network packets to the Android apps that emitted (or received) them.
      • Deciding which apps have a filtered network usage (by default, all apps), and which ones can communicate with blacklisted servers.
      The iodé blocker is already perfectly usable, although still in its infancy. Many features are lacking, like the possibility of clearing statistics (for specific apps or all), forbidding the collection of statistics for some apps, personalizing the blacklist, etc. We are actively developing it, and new functionalities will be regularly added.

Features

Changes in LineageOS to prevent data leaks:
    • Default DNS server: Google's DNS replaced by Quad9's 'unblocked' servers.
    • A-GPS: supl.google.com replaced by supl.vodafone.com.
    • Captive portal login: connectivitycheck.gstatic.com replaced by captiveportal.kuketz.de for connectivity check.
    • Dialer: Google default option replaced by OpenStreetMap for phone number lookup.

Pre-installed apps:
    • MicroG core apps: GmsCore, GsfProxy, FakeStore, maps API.
    • NLP backends for MicroG : DejaVuNLPBackend (default), MozillaNLPBackend, AppleNLPBackend, RadioCellsNLPBackend, NominatimNLPBackend.
    • App stores : FDroid (with F-Droid Privileged Extension) and Aurora Store.
    • Browser: our own fork of Firefox (with Qwant as default search engine and telemetry disabled) instead of Lineage’s default browser Jelly.
    • SMS: QKSMS instead of Lineage's default SMS app.
    • Maps/navigation: Magic Earth GPS & Navigation (the only one free but not open source).
    • Keyboard: OpenBoard instead of AOSP keyboard.
    • PDF: Pdf Viewer Plus.
    • Personnal notes: Carnet.
    • {Ad/Malware/Data leak}-blocker: iodé.
    • News: to keep users informed about our developments, as well as a FAQ.

Pre-included FDroid repository:

The apps that we tweak or develop (microG services, the browser based on Firefox, the iodé blocker app, the News app, ...) are available through a repository that we included in FDroid (check the "Apps for iodéOS" category). For this purpose and to avoid name conflicts of some apps, we also had to make a few changes in FDroid.

Useful options from other custom ROMs:
    • Smart charging (disables charging when a given level is reached, to protect battery health).
    • Fingerprint vibration toggle.
    • Swipe down to clear all in recent apps.

Installation Instructions

To download and flash our latest build, see https://gitlab.com/iode/ota.
    You can also find here direct links to the latest builds.

Supported devices

Sources

Bug Reporting

You can post a message in this thread or (preferred) open an issue here.

Credits

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit their Wiki for more details.
    This ROM would be nothing without the tremendous work made on MicroG, and all the other open source apps that we included. We are very grateful to their authors.

Contributors

Direct contributors: @iodeOS, @vince31fr
    Indirect contributors (too numerous to list): All the people that contributed to the device tree, to LineageOS, and to the included open source apps.

Sponsoring

You can help in the development of this ROM by paying us a coffee here: https://paypal.me/iodeOS.

Screenshots

Screenshot_20201202-095321_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20201202-095832_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20200629-132938_iod%C3%A9.png
    Screenshot_20200629-132903_iod%C3%A9.png
    Screenshot_20200629-132849_iod%C3%A9.png
    Screenshot_20200629-132232_iod%C3%A9.png
    Screenshot_20200627-154642_iod%C3%A9.png
    Screenshot_20200627-154650_iod%C3%A9.png
    === New Update : 07/03/2021 ===

Available as OTA (see OP)​
    Looks like you're good at guessing what kind of ROM I might like before even I know what I want :D

I picked my Mi9 half a year ago because it appeared as the best available piece of hardware (among the devices with a chance to open the bootlader and hope for a future with a well-maintained custom-ROM).
    I might not have done so if I had not found your ROM beforehand, hoping it would proof to be good enough until official Lineage-Support might start sometime soon...

I was honetly suprised by its quality and reliable updates. I loved its focus on microg and privacy from the start and since around May I'm no longer intending to drop it in favour of 'official Lineage'.

Two days ago I wanted to check for updates in its thread and got shortly shocked when reading "This rom will be discontinued in its current form."
    Seconds later I started to smile again and that smile grew bigger while reading about your ambitious plan and the shape it has already taken.

I downloaded and dirty-flashed it straight away and from that beginning on I am completely happy in terms of quality/stability. The added features are a perfect continuation on your previously chosen route.

In short: I love it and I'll keep coming back for more! :laugh:

Btw.: Where are the right places for donations?

Thanks a lot for your words! glad you like it :)

For donations... Just to be clear and transparent, Vincent and I recently launched 'iodé' as a french startup selling refurbished smartphones with iodéOS rom. I will add a paypal link via xda where you can donate if you wish, but I wanted to clarify this
    Thanks for your comment!

About stability/reliability, we are very cautious with the additions we make to lineage. We don't want to make a ROM with tons of options that may begin to be unstable, or cannot be upgraded with OTAs. This principle of stability and reliable updates are at the basis of Lineage, and we stick to that. Our focus on privacy do not require heavy modifications of Lineage's sources and Android system, except a small part for supporting the adblocker, but this cannot affect reliability of updates.

As mentioned by Antoine (@iodeOS), we're launching a start-up to sell refurbished smartphones with iodeOS pre-installed. This startup in some sense, will sponsorize the development of this ROM that will also be freely available ; so if you want to help us, you can sponsorize iodeOS via its paypal link... And by the way, many thanks for the 3 ad-free months you offered us :)
    It must also be considered that the two aspects of that project (the startup and the iodeOS ROM) are in some sense disconnected: even if we do not succeed in the startup, we will continue to develop the ROM, just for passion and personal interest for our own phones ;)
    Downloads : iodéOS

• 07/03/2021 (build 20210306):
      • Blocker UI improved: performance at startup, statistics display (with sortable columns), DNS stream
      • Preinstalled apps management (uninstall / reinstall) menu added (Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Preinstalled apps)
      • Latest lineageOS sources synced
      • Default apps updated
      • Updated kernel to 4.14.221)
      • Merge CAF TAG LA.UM.8.1.r1-16900-sm8150.0
    • 22/01/2021 (build 20210119):
      • Prebuilt apps updated
      • Activated Camera APIv2 in Snap
      • Force auto-update of apps in FDroid to keep in sync with iodé apps. It can be disabled.
      • Updated kernel to latest stable (4.14.214)
      • Merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.1.r1-16600-sm8150.0
    • 26/12/2020 (build 20201125):
      • Kernel completely remastered and updated to latest stable, 4.14.212. Due to problems with fod sometimes not working, conflicts between screen-off fod and dt2w, stability problems, I started a new kernel from scratch. Major drawback though: flash with fingerprint authentication is back. This is preferable to a half-functioning fod though
      • Fod now works without dt2w being set
      • Added Wifi Display (Miracast). Maybe some problems with sound: need user feedback
      • Added poweroff alarm
      • Device tree reworked
      • Vendor updated to 12.0.6.0
      • Prebuilt apps updated
    • 02/12/2020 (build 20201127):
      • Kernel updated to latest stable: 4.14.209
      • Prebuilt apps updated
      • New default wallpaper
      • Firefox browser renamed as iodé Browser and logo changed due to trademark restrictions
      • The iodé blocker can now be correctly coupled with a VPN
    • 20/11/2020 (build 20201119):
      • Kernel updated to latest stable: 4.14.207
      • Made some internal changes to improve stability
      • iodé app (blocker): app switches replaced by shields around app icons, aggregated apps view in report, historical data deletion for each period by long press on an app line in report, black list updated
      • Prebuilt apps updated
      • Added a iodé category in FDroid, to quickly distribute the apps we customize. We had to fork FDroid for this purpose.
      • Magisk survival script working again: it is not needed anymore to reflash Magisk after an OTA
    • 29/10/2020 (build 20201029):
      • Kernel updated to latest stable: 4.14.202
      • Updated blobs to miui 12.0.5.0
      • Switched to QTI bluetooth stack
      • Built as much stuff as possible from sources.
      • Synced Lineage sources.
      • Added screen-off FOD (one glitch though: DT2W must be enabled to make it work - to be fixed).
      • Reworked auto-brightness levels.
      • Updated Microg to 0.2.13.203915 with commits up to 28/10, in particular Mapbox maps which now mostly work.
      • Replaced Qwant browser by Firefox, with Qwant set as default search engine and telemetry disabled by default.
    • 05/08/2020 (build 20200805):
      • Synced LineageOS sources and device tree
      • microG updated to v0.2.11.202414 plus commits up to 05/08
      • AppleNLP backend working again
      • Prebuilt apps updated to their latest version
    • 25/07/2020 (build 20200725):
      • Synced lineage (security patch r40) and device tree
      • Minor UI fixes and improvements in iodé adblocker
      • Updated blocklist
      • Updated preinstalled apps
      • Improved bootanimation
    • 28/06/2020 (build 20200628): initial publicly available build of iodéOS for cepheus. It inherits the work previously published in this thread. NB: the default browser of LineageOS, Jelly, has been replaced by Qwant. For those who miss Jelly, you can install it from iodé FDroid repo (look at "Apps for iodé" in FDroid categories).

Downloads : add-ons
    • phonesky-magisk.zip : Magisk module for NanoDroid patched Play Store, for those who really need to get access to their paid apps that don't work with microG. This module can be generally be deactivated when you have installed and ran once the paid apps.
      NB : you may have to wait a couple of hours after activating the module for being able to install paid apps.
    Hi, it seems the device tree on GitLab is private. Could you make it public?
    And here it is. Last commit is a mess, sorry
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone