[EOL] [ROM] UNOFFICIAL crDroid v7.21 [Android-11] [H830|H850|RS988]

Search This thread

abdoistheone

Aug 27, 2012
am using lineage 18.1 latest release with the boot.img provided on poste 14 + bitgapps+ magisk latest of course & i have to admit this kernel has outstanding battery life (i mainly use my lg for youtube / watch anime / gaming)

abdoistheone

Aug 27, 2012
ROMSG i noticed that i cant access cpu parameters on smartkernel & i also cant disable vdd restriction can u modify that ?

ROMSG

Hi, does it work?

Issues i found with this crDroid Rom is, that double tapping does not wake up the phone (but there is an option for that) and the phone immediatly went off at 5% battery when i started the cam app. I thought that the phone should shut down slowly, right?
So maybe i have to reformat the battery or something to work correctly with this rom?
Btw. why do this rom has Go Gallery when it is degoogled?
I have an update coming soon that addresses many of these issues, double tap 2 wake will be fixed. I'm not sure about your battery issue it sounds like a worn out battery but i'll look into it, I'm currently testing performance improvements for the camera as well. Gallery Go is included because it integrates with GCam better but I understand your point of view as it is supposed to be degoogled. I'll look into a possible replacement. I apologize for any delay, I'm a student and the school year is coming to an end so i've been pretty busy lately.

ROMSG

ROMSG i noticed that i cant access cpu parameters on smartkernel & i also cant disable vdd restriction can u modify that ?
Unfortunately not likely those are already set in the Kernel itself and there are no options to change it. I have very little kernel experience so I'm not able to do much in terms of changes. AShingRay from the v20 thread made the kernel and I just use it in my builds.

Reactions: abdoistheone
Hi, i have 2 batterys here. One original and one from amazon (i don't know wether it is original).
What is the best way to test the battery performance?

And i used the Windows program ADBAppcontrol 1.7.4 with the LG G5 and the crDroid rom.
It marked Bookmark Provider, Sim-Toolkit and Gcam Services Provider as unwanted apps.
Whats wrong with them? There is no information about what they do.

abdoistheone

Aug 27, 2012
Hi, i have 2 batterys here. One original and one from amazon (i don't know wether it is original).

And i used the Windows program ADBAppcontrol 1.7.4 with the LG G5 and the crDroid rom.
It marked Bookmark Provider, Sim-Toolkit and Gcam Services Provider as unwanted apps.
if ur phone is rooted use battery guru it's highly recommended & full of features

ROMSG

Sim toolkit is standard its what controls your sim card if you use one. Gcam service provider allows gcam to run without Google play services. I have no idea what bookmark provider is. For battery performance testing I use 3dmark battery drain test.

Sim toolkit is standard its what controls your sim card if you use one. Gcam service provider allows gcam to run without Google play services. I have no idea what bookmark provider is. For battery performance testing I use 3dmark battery drain test.
Thanks for the info.
Now i figured out, that one battery shuts down the phone at 80%. When i try to restart the phone, the phone stops at booting. When i charge the battery it starts with 77%. So i think the battery is broke or is there a way to reformat the battery?
Do you mean Wild Life Stress Test Unlimited in 3Dmark for battery drain test?

ROMSG

Thanks for the info.
Now i figured out, that one battery shuts down the phone at 80%. When i try to restart the phone, the phone stops at booting. When i charge the battery it starts with 77%. So i think the battery is broke or is there a way to reformat the battery?
Do you mean Wild Life Stress Test Unlimited in 3Dmark for battery drain test?
You cannot reformate the battery. 3dMark has a productivity battery drain test.

You cannot reformate the battery. 3dMark has a productivity battery drain test.
Hmm, am i blind or do you mean PC Mark. I cannot find a battery drain test in 3DMark.

I also realized 2 things that are different to other android 11 roms in your crDroid rom:
The 3 tap bar doesn't fade out in the benchmarks of 3Dmark and i don't find a fullscreen setting to change that.
And when i use Newpipe with vlc as a external player, vlc trys to open the stream and closes immediatly. In e-0.23-q-20220401175186-dev-h850.zip of /e/foundation it works as it should.

ROMSG

Hmm, am i blind or do you mean PC Mark. I cannot find a battery drain test in 3DMark.

I also realized 2 things that are different to other android 11 roms in your crDroid rom:
The 3 tap bar doesn't fade out in the benchmarks of 3Dmark and i don't find a fullscreen setting to change that.
And when i use Newpipe with vlc as a external player, vlc trys to open the stream and closes immediatly. In e-0.23-q-20220401175186-dev-h850.zip of /e/foundation it works as it should.
My bad your right i think it's pcmark sorry about that😂

vodro

Nov 6, 2021
can you build android 12 for this awesome phone. i just want to test if this phone can run android 12

ROMSG

can you build android 12 for this awesome phone. i just want to test if this phone can run android 12
12 is being worked on, however android versions past 11 are a few months away at best. 12 requires something callled "bpf" which is only available on kernel versions 4.9 and higher, the G5 and V20 use version 3.18. AshiningRay (who made the Swan kernel used in this build) along with xxseva44 and stendro are working on an upstream first to 4.4 then 4.9. Version 4.4 is working but it still has a few issues.

• Love
Reactions: vodro
(05-19-2022)
New buids are out!
-ZRam improvements
-MiraCast is Back!
-Varias Speed improvement resulting in much better performance
-Double tap to wake now working
-Aurora Store and AppWarden (detects app trackers) included
-May 5, 2022 Security Patch
Not available trough OTA at the moment or does it not work?

P.S. downloading via your forum link and dirty flashing with Cache and Dalvik wipe worked, perfectly in twrp 3.6.1_9-0.
Now testing...

Double tap works-
MiraCast to Hisense Anyview Cast and Hama Widi Miracast Stick works-
Aurora Store works, but wants to update Gallery Go, Google Photos and Google Play Services. I Think thats not a good idea

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pxl_20220903_071409148-jpg.5703177
    BE3pE0l.png
    ***Disclamer I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device. You have been warned.***

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. Along with including some tweaks that I personally made.

crDroid Features

My Additions:
    1. Wichaya8's GCam 8.1 - Thanks to @VortexHD for his GCam 8.1 Config
    2. Swan Stable Kernel (Thanks to @AShiningRay)

Flashing Instructions:

Note: Your device must have TWRP installed.

First time installation:
    1. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache, and Cache (format data if your previous ROM was password protected)
    2. Flash the ROM corresponding with your LG G5 variant
    If you chose to not use Gapps install the Gcam-Services-Provider app.
    3. Reboot

Update installation:
    1. Flash the ROM corresponding with your LG G5 variant
    2. Wipe Davlik/ART Cache and Cache (optional)

Note: I highly recommend checking if zram is properly allocated. Download the RamTruth app and make sure swap is 3gb, if not you must clean flash to fix it.

Bugs/Issues
    1. Gapps not working
    2. No Wifi Calling, 5ghz hotspot or VoLTE (don't ask about it, it's unlikely to ever work as LG/Cell Carriers have locked down the VoLTE drivers)
    3. Voice calls are not working
    4. You tell me

Downloads

Credits
    @xxseva44 - Huge Thanks as my trees are based off of his
    @AShiningRay
    @cstark27
    @Stealth1226
    @lybxlpsv
    @npjohnson
    @tre123456
    @VortexHD

Sources
    Swan Stable Kernel
    G5/V20-Variants
    g5-common
    lge-common
    msm8996-common
    Vendor Files

Donation
    If you can please consider donating.

Last Updated: 08-23-2022
    Kernel Version: 3.18
    Hello, is it possible to get a version of this ROM without MicroG pre installed? I'd like to try and use MindTheGApps instead in order to attempt to get some level of GApps working, and I'm not sure I can flash directly over MicroG.
    Update

A Play Store workaround has been figured out. Go to this link and install Aurora Store it's an alt play store app and has the same apps as the play store. It is also is much faster on older devices. Learn more on their XDA thread.
    Unfortunately not likely those are already set in the Kernel itself and there are no options to change it. I have very little kernel experience so I'm not able to do much in terms of changes. AShingRay from the v20 thread made the kernel and I just use it in my builds.