[EOL] [ROM] UNOFFICIAL crDroid v7.21 [Android-11] [H910|LS997|US996|VS995|H918|H990]

Should GAPPS Be included?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

minhduongtrung

Sep 1, 2015
(4-10-2022)
New buids are out!
Includes varias fixes
- Gcam stability improved
- AOD now working
- Issue causing a kernel crash on boot is now fixed
- April Patch isn't out yet for crDroid 7.1.6 i'll update to it as soon as possible
Note:
crDroid doesn't include a web browser be sure to install gapps or an apk to sideload your browser of choice
1. Flash ROM
2. Flash gapps (Open_gapps, FlameGapps...)
Stuck here, can't connect to wifi.

Attachments

• IMG_20220412_224650.jpg
    IMG_20220412_224650.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 57

ROMSG

1. Flash ROM
Ya I've been stuck their too I tried open gapps, mind the gapps and nikgapps. None are working I'm not sure why, I even made a test build with gapps already included and still no luck. For now if you need Google services you may have to use microg and f-droid.

ROMSG

04-15-2022 Update:
-We are now on crDroid 7.17
- April Security Patch
- Updated to Gcam 6.1 (make sure to use the config file in the second post for best results)
-adds night sight
-new customization features
-wide angle quick toggle
-stability better than 5.1 (still not perfect, force close and open the app again to fix any crashes)
-Microg add; since gapps are broken on crDroid at the moment this allows app that require play services to work (Note: There is a modded play store app included it does not work as it is still in early development, you must sideload any apps you wish to use or use a 3rd party app store apkpure, etc)
- Doze improvements

ROMSG

(05-1-2022)
New buids are out!
- GCam has been updated to 8.1!
- Much more stable
- Faster
- Many new feature (astrophotography, better night sight, etc)
- New GCam Config File in Second Post, its techinically for the G5 but it worked better in my testing (GCam Configs are now in InternalStorage/GCam/Configs8/)
- May Security Patch coming soon
- LG G5 Builds Released! (Hopefully G6 in the near future)

Reactions: minhduongtrung

denvinbo

Sep 18, 2017
Can you somehow remove Gallery Go as system app? This one is preventing me from installing Google Photos since i want the Cloud features, from Aurora Store to manual APK, any sources.
Uninstalling system app also doesn't work.

ROMSG

(06-20-2022)
New Builds!
-We are now using the camera blobs from the Korean v20 pie release (camera is more stable)
-Kernel side camera improvments thanks to @askermk2000
-June 2022 Security Patch
Double tap to wake is broken again I have not idea why it seems like its romside, it does work on AOD however. Last Months builds are still up if that feature is important to you.

ROMSG

07-14-2022
New Builds are out!
- Double Tap to Wake is fixed
- SoundTriger updated to 2.1 allowing for the "now playing" feature seen on Pixel devices to work. crDroid doesn't have now playing so you must install the "Ambient Music Mod" to use it.
- CPU Underclocks reverted for better performance. This may result in kernel crashes during extreme power draw, however this only seems to occur on the h990 variant. If this happens use Smartpack or any other kernel manager to set the Big cpu cores to 1824mhz and Little cores to 1478mhz
- KPTI disabled resulting in up to a 50% CPU performance increase (see attachments below, the one the left is with KPTI enabled)
- Blur effects disabled by default (can be re-enabled in settings) to increase smootness
- July 2022 Security Patch

Attachments

• geekbench_with_kpti.png
    geekbench_with_kpti.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220714-170459526.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-170459526.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 25
Hello,
So I have this phone for about 5 years now.
Model = H990DS.
crDroid looks promising. Gave it a shot today. Failed. Below is my ordeal.

> Flashed crDroid from Rooted Oreo. Everything was working except normal voice calls. Tried listening from speaker, mute unmute mic, nothing helped.

> I thought may be I should just go back to stock and try all again. So I downgraded to Nougat from LgUP, revertd to complete stock, then did the gruesome DirtySanta Root Method, success, got the latest TWRP 3.3.1.1 for LG V20 installed.

> Then proceeded to flash crDroid again, flashed Gapps Pico, STILL no luck in voice calls. Weird.

> Proceeded to flash LineageOS 18.1. Voice calling is working fine. First time using Lineage OS. Getting the old Cyanogenmod nostalgia vibes.

Sorry didn't have time to get logcat since this is my daily driver and need to get it working.
It's a Sunday night, had to flash Lineage.

Please let me know how can I get the Voice Calling to work in crDroid for my LG V20.
I absolutely Love this phone.

THANK YOU for building a new OS for keeping it alive.

You are Awesome!

Hello,
So I have this phone for about 5 years now.
Model = H990DS.
crDroid looks promising. Gave it a shot today. Failed. Below is my ordeal.

> Flashed crDroid from Rooted Oreo. Everything was working except normal voice calls. Tried listening from speaker, mute unmute mic, nothing helped.

> I thought may be I should just go back to stock and try all again. So I downgraded to Nougat from LgUP, revertd to complete stock, then did the gruesome DirtySanta Root Method, success, got the latest TWRP 3.3.1.1 for LG V20 installed.

> Then proceeded to flash crDroid again, flashed Gapps Pico, STILL no luck in voice calls. Weird.

> Proceeded to flash LineageOS 18.1. Voice calling is working fine. First time using Lineage OS. Getting the old Cyanogenmod nostalgia vibes.

Sorry didn't have time to get logcat since this is my daily driver and need to get it working.
It's a Sunday night, had to flash Lineage.

Please let me know how can I get the Voice Calling to work in crDroid for my LG V20.
I absolutely Love this phone.

THANK YOU for building a new OS for keeping it alive.

You are Awesome!

My bad,
I just read today in the 'Bugs/Issues' section that 'Voice calls are not working' .
Missed that one out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    08-23-2022
    New Builds are out!
    This will be the last build as we switch foucus to Android 13 and the 4.4 Kernel

- August Security Patch
    - Now using the mk2000-custom Kernel
    - Other Misc Improvements
    (4-10-2022)
    New buids are out!
    Includes varias fixes
    - Gcam stability improved
    - AOD now working
    - Issue causing a kernel crash on boot is now fixed
    - April Patch isn't out yet for crDroid 7.16 i'll update to it as soon as possible
    Note:
    crDroid doesn't include a web browser be sure to install gapps or an apk to sideload your browser of choice
    BE3pE0l.png
    ***Disclamer I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device. You have been warned.***

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. Along with including some tweaks that I personally made.

crDroid Features

My Additions:
    1. Wichaya8's GCam 8.1 - Thanks to @VortexHD for his GCam 8.1 Config
    2. Swan Stable Kernel (Thanks to @AShiningRay)

Flashing Instructions:

Note: Your device must be rooted and have TWRP installed.

First time installation:
    1. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik/ART Cache, and Cache (format data if your previous ROM was password protected)
    2. Flash the ROM corresponding with your LG v20 variant
    Note: If you chose to not use Gapps install the Gcam-Services-Provider app.
    3. Reboot

Update installation:
    1. Flash the ROM corresponding with your LG v20 variant
    2. Wipe Davlik/ART Cache and Cache (optional)

Bugs/Issues
    1. AOD causes the touchscreen to stop responding. You can workaround this by quickly clicking the power button twice. (fixed with 04-10-22)
    2. Camera can crash from time to time requiring a reboot. Still crashes but a restart of the app fixes it. (04-10-2022)
    3. No Wifi Calling, 5ghz hotspot or VoLTE (don't ask about it, it's unlikely to ever work as LG/Cell Carriers have locked down the VoLTE drivers)
    4. Power Profiles currently don't work (removed; i don't think their necessary with Swan)
    5. GAPPS "cannot communicate with google's servers" error. Microg has been added as a workaround. (04-15-2022) Gapps are now working. (06-23-2022)
    6. Voice calls are not working

Downloads

Credits
    @xxseva44 - Huge Thanks as my trees are based off of his
    @AShiningRay
    @cstark27
    @Stealth1226
    @lybxlpsv
    @npjohnson
    @tre123456
    @VortexHD

Sources
    Swan Stable Kernel
    v20-Variants
    v20-common
    lge-common
    msm8996-common
    Vendor Files

Donation
    If you can please consider donating.

Last Updated: 08-23-2022
    Kernel Version: 3.18
    Stable
    1. Flash ROM
    Ya I've been stuck their too I tried open gapps, mind the gapps and nikgapps. None are working I'm not sure why, I even made a test build with gapps already included and still no luck. For now if you need Google services you may have to use microg and f-droid.