[ROM] Micropop

Search This thread

GregX80

Jan 12, 2012
Belfast
ROM its really great, smooth, slim, great ram management :) only one thing, I'm a little confused about how the optimization of the apps works. I mean, now I'm on V1.2 but Google play continues to tell me to update the apps...well what do I have to do? Do I lose optimization if I update? Also, V1.3 is going to be a complete ROM package right? Because I think I will start fresh with that, I personally don't really like this flash updates thing, it sounds kind of messy to me :) sorry :( ...

Sent from my XT1068 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't agree with you mate. If updates are clean and straight forward ROM won't get messy. I the other think is I do prefer this kinds of updates than full ROMs because I don't have to download all my apps again and I don't lose my settings in those apps. For example my TomTom or SkySafari Pro which weight a few gigs.

Edit: I'm testing 1.2 now and I'll give you a feedback after ROM settled down a bit.
I was waiting for update from the updater app but it didn't arrive till now.

Last edited:
Reactions: mansoorarb

me_ankit

Feb 1, 2009
A few questions again ... :)
1) Am i correct in assuming that you have optimized the apps mentioned in the changelog of 1.2 as well as all the apps in the stock rom along with dialer, contacts etc.
2) Will I lose the optimizations for only those apps which I update from play store
3) What can be done to optimize apps which I use in addition to the included apps such as playerpro, keep, moon reader, mxplayer, nova/apex launcher , other etc.

A Couple of suggestions (am not sure if already done)
1) I have found the following lmk values to be best for multitasking on both kk and lollipop, just a suggestion if you want to adopt these - 6,8,16,20,24,32 (Ram is there to be used, not to be kept free IMHO)
2) In addition to lmk values, apps keep on closing if the following line is not removed - ro.Max_HIDDEN_APPS=12

rajibie

Aug 12, 2011
SABANG, WEST BENGAL
Very smooth. Better ram management. After using a whole day, performance is same as first boot. If there were a file manager pre-installed, then it would be great. Can't install viper4android. @Pizza_Dox, you told do not update any apps from playstore. If I download app from other sites and install them, then optimization will be gone or not?

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
I don't agree with you mate. If updates are clean and straight forward ROM won't get messy. I the other think is I do prefer this kinds of updates than full ROMs because I don't have to download all my apps again and I don't lose my settings in those apps. For example my TomTom or SkySafari Pro which weight a few gigs.

Edit: I'm testing 1.2 now and I'll give you a feedback after ROM settled down a bit.
I was waiting for update from the updater app but it didn't arrive till now.
Exactly, i agree with you in this :) I prefer patcher updates, its complex for the dev to make it, but saves bandwidth and also flashing time and etc...
A few questions again ... :)
1) Am i correct in assuming that you have optimized the apps mentioned in the changelog of 1.2 as well as all the apps in the stock rom along with dialer, contacts etc.
2) Will I lose the optimizations for only those apps which I update from play store
3) What can be done to optimize apps which I use in addition to the included apps such as playerpro, keep, moon reader, mxplayer, nova/apex launcher , other etc.

A Couple of suggestions (am not sure if already done)
1) I have found the following lmk values to be best for multitasking on both kk and lollipop, just a suggestion if you want to adopt these - 6,8,16,20,24,32 (Ram is there to be used, not to be kept free IMHO)
2) In addition to lmk values, apps keep on closing if the following line is not removed - ro.Max_HIDDEN_APPS=12
hey! :D love q&a's ;)
1) v1.0 optimizes everything. v1.1 fixes issues and v1.2 updated apps and adds optimizations with them. So yes all apps that were pre-installed with the rom (and the exception of ota updater which came in at v1.1) is optimized.
2) If you update system apps like moto cam and etc from play store you will loose that apps optimizations and my countless hours of work xD
Eventually using the normal apps will return your device to a normal stock lollipop firmware.
3) You can pm me with a direct dl link to let me optimize it (if i have free time...) :)

B1) Thank you for them lmk values, they are every so slight more agressive than the current ones updated from v1.1, but i think im going to use those :)
B2) the flags dont always work (they mainly work on sense and touchwiz) ;) there highly experimental, if you want add a # at the beginning and do a reboot and report back if you see any noticeable improvments!
Thanks for your suggestions however, :D
Can't wait for the XT1064 to get this @Pizza_Dox!! ;) hint hint haha
haha :D im waiting on Shawn to pm me the xt1063/64 firmware, but i dont want to rush him since hes got a few projects to handle as well...
would be handy guide how to install or fix FM Radio:confused:
someone pm'd me about 4 hours ago (just read now...) with an fm radio fix. I will post that later as a patch along with v1,3, :)
Soo, i tried, but as i thought, it doesn't start ... "not compatible with device"
I'm sorry, would have been easy that way ...

Otherwise, Rom runs fine ...
thank you, yes i thought, and thanks for trying it out :D
Having an error
storage space running out after flashing xposed on this rom
installed none of apps
Xposed issue. :(
Thats a common problem of xposed on moto g 2014.....not a problem of this rom.....just read this issue in the xposed thread in general section
yup, :(
Any method to disable its notification
Sorry for OT pizza
Its fine dont worry, love OT, ;)
Just refer to the xposed thread....or google how to install xposed for lollipop on moto g 2014
:good:
Very smooth. Better ram management. After using a whole day, performance is same as first boot. If there were a file manager pre-installed, then it would be great. Can't install viper4android. @Pizza_Dox, you told do not update any apps from playstore. If I download app from other sites and install them, then optimization will be gone or not?
:D Thanks for reporting back, ill make the RAM management even better via using the suggested lmk values by @me_ankit (thanks alot to him!)
Sorry for no FM, i want to keep it close to Nexus expirience. afaik no nexus comes with a fm ;) (unless its got Verizon/Sprint written all over it and then it will come with 5-6 file managers...)
lel just wipe cache/dalvik in recovery, then reboot and *puff* the notification is gone.

Sent from my titan using XDA Free mobile app
Haha thanks for the help! (@koradiavatsal fix above /\) :)

ErichM

Jan 27, 2015
[...]
someone pm'd me about 4 hours ago (just read now...) with an fm radio fix. I will post that later as a patch along with v1,3, :)

thank you, yes i thought, and thanks for trying it out :D
[...]

That would be great, I would really like to use your rom! :good:
--------
No problem, at least a minor way to assist development ...
Thanks for your hard work!

V

Vatsal

Thank you @pizza dox for the awesome rom
I have a small request if you could disable/remove sim labels?
And place data indicators(H+) on signal(same as cm12) it would look really great and less cluttery ( motorola made it too messy,occupies too much of space)
Thanks a ton for your awesome support

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
That would be great, I would really like to use your rom! :good:
--------
No problem, at least a minor way to assist development ...
Thanks for your hard work!
Thank you @pizza dox for the awesome rom
I have a small request if you could disable/remove sim labels?
And place data indicators(H+) on signal(same as cm12) it would look really great and less cluttery ( motorola made it too messy,occupies too much of space)
Thanks a ton for your awesome support
I cant change those kind of things, :) cause i want this rom to stay true to being "Stock but Optimized"
But ill try see what i can do to make a patch for it. ;)

patvdzwan

Mar 4, 2014
I've been testing this rom the hole day and for me this is the best rom for our device at the moment. Man, my phone launched like a rocket. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiamondBond

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hT5OtK0.png

kawOmsB.png

*Hey guys, this is my latest & greatest ROM, its based on stock lollipop and its optimized for stability and smoothness.
    *This is the successor to MicroKat, so please try it out and give it a day to settle in before complaining about anything.
    *Ive tested so many builds of this rom, so its stable, there shouldnt be any bugs, and ive de-bloated everything that can be found over at the play store.
    *The UI is so smooth, i bet you cant touch it!
    *Thanks to: google, motorola, xda, me, shawn, chainfire, hoholee, zeppelinrox, juwe11, jeeko, janito24, vidhanth, vokal1992
    *Special thanks to: shawn - thanks alot for the xt1068 flashable firmware!, vidhanth - epic banner art & micropop banner in settings, janito24 - epic title art (disclamer, info and etc...), seebux - epic videos of the ROM, me_ankit for the updated minfrees & matzeko for the mirror dl!

i7Gd2gW.png

Code:
    Your warranty is now void...

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because your phone 
    bootloops and your alarm does not go off. Please do some research 
    if you have any concerns about features included in my ROM before using it! 
    YOU and only YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

QcIyipr.png

*Based on Stock Lollipop for XT1068.
    *Minfrees given correct permissions to be read by lmk.
    *Sweat spot minfrees
    *Opticharged the following: /system/app/*.apk, /system/priv-app/*.apk, /system/framework/framework-res.apk, /supersu/supersu.zip/common/superuser.apk
    *Debloated applications & Moto stuff & demos, all thats left is: Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Chrome, Clock, Contacts, Dialer, Downloads, Email, Gallary, Google Now, Google Settings, Messenger, Play Music, Play Store, Settings, Sim Toolkit & SuperSu.
    *RW and VM have been tuned.
    *Partitions have been mounted with noatime
    *The minimum cpu freq has been set as 400MHz for extended battery life and good performance.
    *The rom is only ~400MB in size
    *Parts of V6 Supercharger & parts of 3G Turbocharger.
    *back2back optimizations (new stuff made by me, allows for alot of free ram to be used!)
    *Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/nvRqA

FAMJ9d0.png

*v1.0 ROM ~ Initial release.
    *v1.1 Patch ~ 300MHZ will now stick, LMK weakened to support 400-500mb free RAM, LP Dialer SUB01 & SUB02 bug patched. OTA Fixed.
    *v1.2 Patch ~ Updated the following apps with opticharger optimizations: chrome, gplay services, gplay store, google now,google calendar, google keyboard, google tts, messenger, moto camera & supersu.
    *v1.3 ROM ~ Merged v1.1 Patch, updated minfrees, increased CPU min scaling freq to 400MHz, back2back optimizations (new stuff made by me, allows for alot of free ram to be used! :D see screenshots for proof!), added FM Radio (optimized), removed version information for final build.

1ZKr2KU.png

1 - Download MicroPop ROM and copy to device
    2 - Reboot to recovery
    3 - Make a TWRP backup
    4 - Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik-Cache
    5 - Reboot back into recovery
    6 - Flash MicroPop
    7 - Reboot and go through the setup process and set all your settings and install apps and etc...
    8 - Reboot a second time to recovery and flash any patches available then reboot again and enjoy!

tQUzSyN.png

By Sachin: (v1.0)
    By Seebux: (v1.2)

uzvFbAk.png

giCUYOm.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Micro-Pop, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Pizza_Dox
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/tree/lollipop%E2%80%945.0.2-release

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.3
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-08

Created 2015-03-01
    Last Updated 2015-03-10
    I have some bad news guys... I won't be able to push out any sort of work or updates for a while... I somehow managed the impossible of stabbing my right hand on a gas pipe nozzle , and it went in deep and destroyed some nerves and damaged a vein, so as you can imagine typing and anything involving two hands is a pain in the butt since I can only use one hand which cuts my productivity down by a half... Please bear with me until my hand recovers and then I can get back to working on Micropop and other things Android :) thanks!

Sent from my Moto G2 running CM12.1
    for those of you wondering my hand has recovered (well my thumb and the rest of the fingers besides my pinkie xD) so I'm all well, (as you can see by the updates I've been doing and etc...) :)

Sent from my Moto G2 running CM12.1
    I definitely agree!
    Watt am I doing -_-
    I can make a patch :D
    I'll make the ROM come with LP dialer & MMS, and I'll make a patch that can be flashed over the ROM to fix the sub01&sub02 bug but that includes downgrading the dialer and MMS to kk... (I'll still optimize them)
    Other than that, I can try copy the moto stuff from kk dialer into lp dialer and have the best of both worlds... :)

Sent from my XT1068
    Im off to sleep guys, expect v1.3 link to be added to op in the morning, ;)

Edit
    One last one from fresh boot, pebble stuffs running aswell... :)
    f2532447d51063ee2ce2e13448a9b0e1.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone