[ROM] Micropop

Search This thread

cookie1338

Jan 26, 2014
Paphos
I'm having a problem. messenger uses the option from "other messaging apps" and theres no default messaging up since no other messaging app is installed and therefore i can only send sms using one sim and cannot have the app ask me what sim to use for each contact. Please include stock messaging up if its not fixable, thanks! Great rom other than that!

yeisongh

Mar 27, 2014
Thanks for the work and time that you take you to do this, I'm using Microkat and desire to pass Micropop, I hope you can answer these questions..

1- I can install Micropop above?
2- After installing Micropop continue with patch v1.1 and after v1.2
3- The dsp manager has or is there some way to use it in this rom? Thank You.

Mindereak

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks for the work and time that you take you to do this, I'm using Microkat and desire to pass Micropop, I hope you can answer these questions..

He already replied to you, maybe you missed it, I'm just gonna copy his message here:
Thats epic bro! :)
You can install MicroPop over MicroKat but you need to full wipe i think.
Patch v1.1 then patch v1.2, you need both patches.
There is audiofx built in, if you want dsp manager, in the playstore there are very close alternatives. :)

@Pizza_Dox hope you don't mind this, just trying to help since you are doing so much work :)

Reactions: yeisongh

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
As op???? What you mean??? Sry for all this i am a litle noob i now only the basics like flash via recovery zip and someme commands via fastboot...tnx for your time btw.
:) op = original post. That's the first post by me, I said in instructions, wipe system, data, cache & dalvik cache, then rebllt back into recovery and then flash ;) its OK we were all noobs once...

Sent from my Moto G 2014

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
for some reason my sim is not working, is saying it is disabled
Hi there!
Hmm strange, did u try rebooting? Xposed being used? :)
Please, on 1.3 build, includes the FM RADIO if possible.
?

Sent from My XT1068 by Tapatalk
Sorry My english, I'm Portuguese
I will release a patch for the FM RADIO. :)
He already replied to you, maybe you missed it, I'm just gonna copy his message here:
Thats epic bro! :)
You can install MicroPop over MicroKat but you need to full wipe i think.
Patch v1.1 then patch v1.2, you need both patches.
There is audiofx built in, if you want dsp manager, in the playstore there are very close alternatives. :)

@Pizza_Dox hope you don't mind this, just trying to help since you are doing so much work :)
Thank you so much, please do help, Shawn has been kind enough to invite me to be a sort of co maintainer of an OFFICIAL ROM from source (dunno if I can mention any names just yet) so I have to be able to compile it from source. :) very busy on that!

Ditto what he said. :)
OP means Opening Post, just follow the instruction listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59157771&postcount=1
Thank you?
I'm having a problem. messenger uses the option from "other messaging apps" and theres no default messaging up since no other messaging app is installed and therefore i can only send sms using one sim and cannot have the app ask me what sim to use for each contact. Please include stock messaging up if its not fixable, thanks! Great rom other than that!
Oh okay I see, I will try fix that as well soon, thank you for extensive feedback :D thanks the ROM also has great users like you ;)

Sent from my Moto G 2014

Last edited:

metalrules321

Oct 18, 2012
Sheffield- Derp Ville
Shawn has been kind enough to invite me to be a sort of co maintainer of an OFFICIAL ROM from source (dunno if I can mention any names just yet) so I have to be able to compile it from source. very busy on that!

*Reads carefully*

*Excitement intensifies*

Thanks a lot Pizzs, micropop does seems blazingly fast. !!

Donations on the way, once I get my paycheck :D

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
*Reads carefully*

*Excitement intensifies*

Thanks a lot Pizzs, micropop does seems blazingly fast. !!

Donations on the way, once I get my paycheck :D

Hahaha :D thanks alot buddy, ;)
Pizzs, ive had people call me alot in life, but never, ever heard, "Pizzs" xD (ironrules?)
Thanks :) Sadly i dont think i can run my optimizations over this rom since its going to be OFFICIAL and that means i cant modify the source.
But ill definitely try to make my own builds with optimizations in another thread with the tag UNOFFICIAL lol
Awh sweet, thanks man, if you do ill use it towards learning java/c online :D to better help me in development!

half269

Feb 24, 2011
Poręba
@pizza
Rom a really good, my question is for him to implement a gave version 1.3 widget commant center of the droid, I'm looking forward to the update.
A big thank you for the great work, keep so on:good:

steven1234567

Mar 11, 2014
Hi there!
Hmm strange, did u try rebooting? Xposed being used? :)

I will release a patch for the FM RADIO. :)

Thank you so much, please do help, Shawn has been kind enough to invite me to be a sort of co maintainer of an OFFICIAL ROM from source (dunno if I can mention any names just yet) so I have to be able to compile it from source. :) very busy on that!

Ditto what he said. :)

Thank you?

Oh okay I see, I will try fix that as well soon, thank you for extensive feedback :D thanks the ROM also has great users like you ;)

Sent from my Moto G 2014

a reboot did fix thank you and i was not using xposed, although after installing the phone reported low memory despite having over 4 gb left

mrassol

May 31, 2007
Rennes
Hello, nice rom but I have bugs on dual sim usage :

- the dialer don't show the correct name of sim (it let me choose between SUB 01 and SUB 02)
- the SMS app is replaced by messenger witch don't let choose the SIM.

I'm on clean install of 1.0 and update to 1.2

V

Vatsal

Can we get a flashable zip for solving sub1 and sub2 with sim1 and sim2? For people who choose motorola apps over material apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hT5OtK0.png

kawOmsB.png

*Hey guys, this is my latest & greatest ROM, its based on stock lollipop and its optimized for stability and smoothness.
    *This is the successor to MicroKat, so please try it out and give it a day to settle in before complaining about anything.
    *Ive tested so many builds of this rom, so its stable, there shouldnt be any bugs, and ive de-bloated everything that can be found over at the play store.
    *The UI is so smooth, i bet you cant touch it!
    *Thanks to: google, motorola, xda, me, shawn, chainfire, hoholee, zeppelinrox, juwe11, jeeko, janito24, vidhanth, vokal1992
    *Special thanks to: shawn - thanks alot for the xt1068 flashable firmware!, vidhanth - epic banner art & micropop banner in settings, janito24 - epic title art (disclamer, info and etc...), seebux - epic videos of the ROM, me_ankit for the updated minfrees & matzeko for the mirror dl!

i7Gd2gW.png

Code:
    Your warranty is now void...

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because your phone 
    bootloops and your alarm does not go off. Please do some research 
    if you have any concerns about features included in my ROM before using it! 
    YOU and only YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

QcIyipr.png

*Based on Stock Lollipop for XT1068.
    *Minfrees given correct permissions to be read by lmk.
    *Sweat spot minfrees
    *Opticharged the following: /system/app/*.apk, /system/priv-app/*.apk, /system/framework/framework-res.apk, /supersu/supersu.zip/common/superuser.apk
    *Debloated applications & Moto stuff & demos, all thats left is: Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Chrome, Clock, Contacts, Dialer, Downloads, Email, Gallary, Google Now, Google Settings, Messenger, Play Music, Play Store, Settings, Sim Toolkit & SuperSu.
    *RW and VM have been tuned.
    *Partitions have been mounted with noatime
    *The minimum cpu freq has been set as 400MHz for extended battery life and good performance.
    *The rom is only ~400MB in size
    *Parts of V6 Supercharger & parts of 3G Turbocharger.
    *back2back optimizations (new stuff made by me, allows for alot of free ram to be used!)
    *Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/nvRqA

FAMJ9d0.png

*v1.0 ROM ~ Initial release.
    *v1.1 Patch ~ 300MHZ will now stick, LMK weakened to support 400-500mb free RAM, LP Dialer SUB01 & SUB02 bug patched. OTA Fixed.
    *v1.2 Patch ~ Updated the following apps with opticharger optimizations: chrome, gplay services, gplay store, google now,google calendar, google keyboard, google tts, messenger, moto camera & supersu.
    *v1.3 ROM ~ Merged v1.1 Patch, updated minfrees, increased CPU min scaling freq to 400MHz, back2back optimizations (new stuff made by me, allows for alot of free ram to be used! :D see screenshots for proof!), added FM Radio (optimized), removed version information for final build.

1ZKr2KU.png

1 - Download MicroPop ROM and copy to device
    2 - Reboot to recovery
    3 - Make a TWRP backup
    4 - Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik-Cache
    5 - Reboot back into recovery
    6 - Flash MicroPop
    7 - Reboot and go through the setup process and set all your settings and install apps and etc...
    8 - Reboot a second time to recovery and flash any patches available then reboot again and enjoy!

tQUzSyN.png

By Sachin: (v1.0)
    By Seebux: (v1.2)

uzvFbAk.png

giCUYOm.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Micro-Pop, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Pizza_Dox
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/tree/lollipop%E2%80%945.0.2-release

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.3
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-08

Created 2015-03-01
    Last Updated 2015-03-10
    I have some bad news guys... I won't be able to push out any sort of work or updates for a while... I somehow managed the impossible of stabbing my right hand on a gas pipe nozzle , and it went in deep and destroyed some nerves and damaged a vein, so as you can imagine typing and anything involving two hands is a pain in the butt since I can only use one hand which cuts my productivity down by a half... Please bear with me until my hand recovers and then I can get back to working on Micropop and other things Android :) thanks!

Sent from my Moto G2 running CM12.1
    for those of you wondering my hand has recovered (well my thumb and the rest of the fingers besides my pinkie xD) so I'm all well, (as you can see by the updates I've been doing and etc...) :)

Sent from my Moto G2 running CM12.1
    I definitely agree!
    Watt am I doing -_-
    I can make a patch :D
    I'll make the ROM come with LP dialer & MMS, and I'll make a patch that can be flashed over the ROM to fix the sub01&sub02 bug but that includes downgrading the dialer and MMS to kk... (I'll still optimize them)
    Other than that, I can try copy the moto stuff from kk dialer into lp dialer and have the best of both worlds... :)

Sent from my XT1068
    Im off to sleep guys, expect v1.3 link to be added to op in the morning, ;)

Edit
    One last one from fresh boot, pebble stuffs running aswell... :)
    f2532447d51063ee2ce2e13448a9b0e1.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone