[ROM] Micropop

Search This thread

djtinxo

Sep 27, 2011
I think that minfree values are set too agressive. ROM is nearly perfect, but due to this multitasking settings I have encountered problems of closing apps when switching between them, like clash of clans-whatsapp (with stock lollipop it's ok)

Reactions: andreiutzu000

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
The rom is very stable and smooth!
I will wait to publish the fix for the model xt1063.
Greetings, great job.
Thank you alot :)
I will indeed release an xt1063 version ;)
is it normal? missing ota feature file...

I wiped the cache and dalvik after flashed the rom.... is it ok to do that?
http://imgur.com/7bLii6C,0YkXYyN,A4lfvE1#0
http://imgur.com/7bLii6C,0YkXYyN,A4lfvE1#1
http://imgur.com/7bLii6C,0YkXYyN,A4lfvE1#2
OK so OTA is broke, I'll fix that asap. Thanks for the screenshots :)
Just installed and first thing I noticed is that I can't mount my SD.

I can see it on TWRP.

I formatted it to ext4fs previously. Does this ROM support this file system on the SD?

I was using CM12 and Titan and it worked there before.

Thanks for your work
Selinux issues I think... Or maybe try taking It out and putting it back in and then rebooting! :)
Just Thinking If ull let me make an Video Review of this Rom...

Will Let U & Me have More audience
Yes please do :D
Same problem :/
I'll fix the OTA soon since its necessary for me to deploy updates to you guys ;)
Rom feels really smooth,
Did you optimise google play music and chrome? Well the apps got updated via playstore so maybe lost optimisations. Overall rom works more than perfect :D
Thank you, that's the opticharger optimizations you see.
I optimized everything , every single app. ;)
That means you lost there optimizations, lol, its OK don't worry, a simple flashable zip can update them with optimizations...

Sent from my XT1068

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Oh this is the version of the stock rom where the button for data usage in quick settings which was very useful and just went to its own tiny panel, instead just redirects you to Data Usage in settings.

dry

Oh sorry ;( it was based on the firmware Shawn shared.
The phone does not recognize the images, video and sound on the SD :(
Selinux issue, my SD is working though.
;) please try selinux changer from play store!

There is currently no faux sound compatible kernel for vanilla 5.0.2. Faux+viper4android= awesome sound for moto g 2014 but bad bassy in call sound. It can be fixed by activating hearing aid compatibility in dialler app wich all cm builds are missing. So I'm still stuck on 4.4..... :crying:

Oh sorry, yeah no lp kernels ATM, but you can remove bassy effect by using audio fx and changing the stuff in there.
Please...someone could make a patch with tv mobile app for XT1069? Its just present on stock ROM, and I prefer to use custom roms :(

Sent from my XT1069 using XDA Free mobile app
I'll see what I can do :)
If you can redirect me to the MobileTV libs and apks I can make a patch.

Nice work, man. I've flashed it and it's pretty awesome until now.
Thanks for the awesome work! :)
Later edit:
I played with this rom and found a RAM managment bug. If I have 3 apps open, when I enter in the last app I opened, it redraws. I didn't find this bug on titan rom. The 3 apps are: UC Browser, Google+ and Whatsapp. If I am on Whatsapp and Google+, UC Browser close and I don't know why.

Thank you :D
OK then the lmk is too aggressive. There is a lot of free ram in this ROM, just has to be used right. :) so I will fix the lmk issues.
Been using it from a couple of hours and have to say it's an amazing rom. Really smooth, fast, clean and without useless bloatware.
Good job pizza! As always ;)
Thank you :D that's my style, but there are a few bugs like sub01&02 and ota updater broken. Will fix ASAP.

Hi, I have some questions...
Are the optimizations lost if the apps are updated ?
Any way to optimize again in within rom ?
Could you please give a flashable zip which can be flashed for kk dialer & contacts in lollipop rom.
Thanks

Yes, no there isn't as of now. The optimizations are done by hand, app by app.
I will provide the patch that Shawn is working on that fixes the lp dialer and MMS. :D

hey :)
just a noob question... if i have my apps and data backed up via Titanium Backup, can i uncheck the Data option when backing up through TWRP?

Anyway... can't wait to flash MicroPop xD If i wasn't so eager to have lollipop on my device MicroKat would be my daily driver without doubt!
I can tell that MicroPop will be even better ;)

Yeah sort of, tb just backs up apps and there data. Twrp backups settings and everything!

Thanks sweet :D please tell me how it goes ;)

This rom had a lot of problems if I didn't wipe the dalvik cache after setting it up and even started showing weird **** like 1 and 2 in the sim cards in status bar even though I only had 1 sim inserted.

Also it took forever to launch and just "optimized apps" on every boot, but I don't know if it does that still since I wiped dalvik.

Also y'all should install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.sineo.android.noFrillsCPU and set the minimum frequency back to 300mhz from 787mhz which is the default. Lower battery drain with that!

So yeah, I installed Xposed Framework and GravityBox on it and set it up to my liking and changed the min. cpu freq and it's pretty much perfect now. Haven't seriously tested multitasking yet but it's a serious step up from other roms in terms of free RAM!

You seem to be having weird issues lol
I'll thought the 300mhz stuck with this ROM. :/ if you use nofrills does the cpu stick to 300mhz min?

Thanks a lot :) the multitasking still can be better so I'll make it better asap!
GB works :D I'll try it out sometime later as well!
Xposed and Gravitybox go smoothly on this ROM ?
According to HouseBreaker it does :D

Sent from my XT1068

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Yes, they go smoothly. :)
I have much RAM free, but the apps still close and I don't know why.
Thanks and sweet :D
I'll fix the lmk, I made the lmk a bit too aggressive. I'll fix that in a patch very very soon as well as the 300mhz bug if possible!
mmm... maybe your problems depends by xposed for lollipop
I think so... But some users report zposed and GB work fine. :)
No. I didn't have this problem on titan rom. Is anyone with this problem? Try those 3 apps if you can.
OK I will fix the lmk asap!
Yeah I haven't noticed any bugs or anything with it!

So far too good.....awesomely smooth.....
Just wanna request you to please include FM radio in ur next release.....also can you include the command center widget from the Titan ROM .....

Thank you, I'll include FM in a patch. But I can't include it natively. As well as command center, can't, its not inline with what micropop is supposed to be. Sorry. You can find that on gplay :D
Alrightythen :)
Instalei o radio fm nativo da motorola, e não funcionou.
Huh? English plis :)
Please use english. XDA Rules

Sent from my XT1063/64 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks for the help. :)
If there is a way to change the data quick setting tile click to the panel thing in other moto stock rom versions (apart from redirecting you to Data Usage), that'd be incredible. Talking about the second one here! http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/panels.jpg
No sorry not as far as I know. :(
rom is fast, only problem I have is with the ota update, for now I only noticed that
Sweet :D thanks, I will try and fix ota asap!

Sent from my XT1068

Reactions: RastaFATian

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
I think that minfree values are set too agressive. ROM is nearly perfect, but due to this multitasking settings I have encountered problems of closing apps when switching between them, like clash of clans-whatsapp (with stock lollipop it's ok)

They are, I didn't expect ram to stay around 400-500 mb all the time, I only expect it to hover around 300 mb lol so its a good thing xD means the ram is going good, I just optimized the lmk wrong by anticipating the wrong thing so I will fix the lmk asap! :D thanks for the feedback :)
do you wipe cache and dalvik after the flash?
Thanks for help. :)
Downloading... *hypes on high*
Will edit here when i flash and set up all the stuffs [emoji14]
:D yay I will keep an eye on your post (plis try mentioning me so I can see it better)
:D
I installed the native application of the FM Radio Motorola , but is not working.
Hmm I will include FM & FM services if possible as a patch soon. :)

Sent from my XT1068

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Thank you all for the responses and feedback!
You guys all rock! :D
BTW all the replies on page 13 are purely my responses to everyone else. :)

So the current issues are:
~ LMK to aggressive for the amount of free ram available. Easy fix. - ota
~ 300mhz not sticking - easy ota fix
~ OTA not working - will try to fix, and if it dosn't work then you will have to just use the thread...
~ SUB1 & SUB2 issue - waiting for Shawn's fix. :)

Annoyances:
~ FM & DTV missing (separate patch will be available.)
~ GApps need to be updated

Some users reported that SD isn't working, please follow the install guide exactly how its written and if it doesn't work try selinux changed and set it to permissive. :)

Thanks all again, lovely responses from you all, ;)

Sent from my XT1068

djtinxo

Sep 27, 2011
Thank you all for the responses and feedback!
You guys all rock! :D
BTW all the replies on page 13 are purely my responses to everyone else. :)

So the current issues are:
~ LMK to aggressive for the amount of free ram available. Easy fix. - ota
~ 300mhz not sticking - easy ota fix
~ OTA not working - will try to fix, and if it dosn't work then you will have to just use the thread...
~ SUB1 & SUB2 issue - waiting for Shawn's fix. :)

Annoyances:
~ FM & DTV missing (separate patch will be available.)
~ GApps need to be updated

Some users reported that SD isn't working, please follow the install guide exactly how its written and if it doesn't work try selinux changed and set it to permissive. :)

Thanks all again, lovely responses from you all, ;)

Sent from my XT1068

Actually, you rock for bothering to answer all of us and taking note of all the problems. Thank you very much!

Reactions: DiamondBond

eudigorodrigo

Jul 29, 2014
@Pizza_Dox ..about the tv patch.

I did a backup of this tv mobile (apk+data) with Titanium Backup. Sending this zip file you may do that?

I have a zip file extracted with "Zipme" too from this tv mobile (extracted from stock 5.0.2 for XT1069)

1425434839570.jpg
(extracted with zipme)

Can you do the patch with any of these zip files?

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Actually, you rock for bothering to answer all of us and taking note of all the problems. Thank you very much!
Thank you :) and your welcome, I'm just providing help...

@Pizza_Dox ..about the tv patch.

I did a backup of this tv mobile (apk+data) with Titanium Backup. Sending this zip file you may do that?

I have a zip file extracted with "Zipme" too from this tv mobile (extracted from stock 5.0.2 for XT1069)

View attachment 3193214
(extracted with zipme)

Can you do the patch with any of these zip files?

Oh damn man that's awesome thanks alot, can you upload that zip to somewhere and I'll fix and test it out as well as optimize it :D

I'll get it all done within a couple of hours and should be able to release all the fixes :) thanks again a lot for the help! :D

Sent from my XT1068

RastaFATian

Sep 22, 2014
I confirm xposed and gravitybox works fine!

When I tried to change a layers with the official Layers Manager App 2.0, it give me a black screen after boot animation.
Someone had tried it?

eudigorodrigo

Jul 29, 2014
Which is the better? Titanium backup files of these tv app, or the "ZipMe" zip file? I sent you a uploaded Zip, extracted via zipme on private message. Check your inbox @Pizza_Dox :)

Last edited:

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Mirror Download Link For MicroPop
https://copy.com/ydkHu4xKDOP28lYF
Thanks a lot, I'll add to op soon :D you Da real mvp
Which is the better? Titanium backup files of these tv app, or the "ZipMe" zip file? I sent you a uploaded Zip, extracted via zipme on private message. Check your inbox @Pizza_Dox :)

Thank you so much I'll check asap :D
@Pizza_Dox...Check ur inbox ;)
Thanks a lot Shawn will check :)

I confirm xposed and gravitybox works fine!

When I tried to change a layers with the official Layers Manager App 2.0, it give me a black screen after boot animation.
Someone had tried it?

Sweet, oh I think cause layers well it isn't so supported yet is it? :D
FM radio is missing, how can reinstall ??:confused:
I will re ad as patch

Sent from my XT1068

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hT5OtK0.png

kawOmsB.png

*Hey guys, this is my latest & greatest ROM, its based on stock lollipop and its optimized for stability and smoothness.
    *This is the successor to MicroKat, so please try it out and give it a day to settle in before complaining about anything.
    *Ive tested so many builds of this rom, so its stable, there shouldnt be any bugs, and ive de-bloated everything that can be found over at the play store.
    *The UI is so smooth, i bet you cant touch it!
    *Thanks to: google, motorola, xda, me, shawn, chainfire, hoholee, zeppelinrox, juwe11, jeeko, janito24, vidhanth, vokal1992
    *Special thanks to: shawn - thanks alot for the xt1068 flashable firmware!, vidhanth - epic banner art & micropop banner in settings, janito24 - epic title art (disclamer, info and etc...), seebux - epic videos of the ROM, me_ankit for the updated minfrees & matzeko for the mirror dl!

i7Gd2gW.png

Code:
    Your warranty is now void...

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because your phone 
    bootloops and your alarm does not go off. Please do some research 
    if you have any concerns about features included in my ROM before using it! 
    YOU and only YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

QcIyipr.png

*Based on Stock Lollipop for XT1068.
    *Minfrees given correct permissions to be read by lmk.
    *Sweat spot minfrees
    *Opticharged the following: /system/app/*.apk, /system/priv-app/*.apk, /system/framework/framework-res.apk, /supersu/supersu.zip/common/superuser.apk
    *Debloated applications & Moto stuff & demos, all thats left is: Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Chrome, Clock, Contacts, Dialer, Downloads, Email, Gallary, Google Now, Google Settings, Messenger, Play Music, Play Store, Settings, Sim Toolkit & SuperSu.
    *RW and VM have been tuned.
    *Partitions have been mounted with noatime
    *The minimum cpu freq has been set as 400MHz for extended battery life and good performance.
    *The rom is only ~400MB in size
    *Parts of V6 Supercharger & parts of 3G Turbocharger.
    *back2back optimizations (new stuff made by me, allows for alot of free ram to be used!)
    *Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/nvRqA

FAMJ9d0.png

*v1.0 ROM ~ Initial release.
    *v1.1 Patch ~ 300MHZ will now stick, LMK weakened to support 400-500mb free RAM, LP Dialer SUB01 & SUB02 bug patched. OTA Fixed.
    *v1.2 Patch ~ Updated the following apps with opticharger optimizations: chrome, gplay services, gplay store, google now,google calendar, google keyboard, google tts, messenger, moto camera & supersu.
    *v1.3 ROM ~ Merged v1.1 Patch, updated minfrees, increased CPU min scaling freq to 400MHz, back2back optimizations (new stuff made by me, allows for alot of free ram to be used! :D see screenshots for proof!), added FM Radio (optimized), removed version information for final build.

1ZKr2KU.png

1 - Download MicroPop ROM and copy to device
    2 - Reboot to recovery
    3 - Make a TWRP backup
    4 - Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik-Cache
    5 - Reboot back into recovery
    6 - Flash MicroPop
    7 - Reboot and go through the setup process and set all your settings and install apps and etc...
    8 - Reboot a second time to recovery and flash any patches available then reboot again and enjoy!

tQUzSyN.png

By Sachin: (v1.0)
    By Seebux: (v1.2)

uzvFbAk.png

giCUYOm.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Micro-Pop, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Pizza_Dox
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/tree/lollipop%E2%80%945.0.2-release

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.3
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-08

Created 2015-03-01
    Last Updated 2015-03-10
    I have some bad news guys... I won't be able to push out any sort of work or updates for a while... I somehow managed the impossible of stabbing my right hand on a gas pipe nozzle , and it went in deep and destroyed some nerves and damaged a vein, so as you can imagine typing and anything involving two hands is a pain in the butt since I can only use one hand which cuts my productivity down by a half... Please bear with me until my hand recovers and then I can get back to working on Micropop and other things Android :) thanks!

Sent from my Moto G2 running CM12.1
    for those of you wondering my hand has recovered (well my thumb and the rest of the fingers besides my pinkie xD) so I'm all well, (as you can see by the updates I've been doing and etc...) :)

Sent from my Moto G2 running CM12.1
    I definitely agree!
    Watt am I doing -_-
    I can make a patch :D
    I'll make the ROM come with LP dialer & MMS, and I'll make a patch that can be flashed over the ROM to fix the sub01&sub02 bug but that includes downgrading the dialer and MMS to kk... (I'll still optimize them)
    Other than that, I can try copy the moto stuff from kk dialer into lp dialer and have the best of both worlds... :)

Sent from my XT1068
    Im off to sleep guys, expect v1.3 link to be added to op in the morning, ;)

Edit
    One last one from fresh boot, pebble stuffs running aswell... :)
    f2532447d51063ee2ce2e13448a9b0e1.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone