• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.6 EXT4 (DUAL) CW3 and Edify Friendly 1/5/11

Search This thread

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
You can follow me on Twitter ppcgeeker

You can also follow the Official midNIGHT ROM Development Facebook page.

Welcome to the midNIGHT ROM Thread...​

Current Releases:

midNIGHT ROM v2.6 EXT4 and Edify Ready This is the ROM link

Clockwork3 is supported and can be found here. Please read Dameon87's thread VERY carefully prior to flashing CW3. THIS WILL MAKE ALL CURRENT ZIPS UNUSABLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :)

Change Log:

If you choose to use CW3 Then you will have EXT4 Support Only. CW3 auto converts everything to EXT4.

This ROM can be flashed in the old recovery as well so you can still use RFS. Going forward I will be using the CW3 redirector and ceasing support for RSF unless there is a huge demand for it. It's harder to support dual releases.

All sprint apps removed. (Hotspot remains cause it can't be removed)
TW has been removed.
Custom Boot animation (Thanks .........)
Custom Shutdown animation
Nexus S live wallpaper (including microbes)
Host file modified
build prop modified
Apps included in data allowing for easy removal:
-Launcher Pro
-Spare Parts
-Astro File Manager
-Google Talk
-Quickboot
Completely Stock themed (Stock framework)
-Themes will be separate flashes in order to give you a choice.
Setup Wizard enables in order for easy application and setting restore
Nexus S Ringtones/Notifications/UI Sounds Included.
Default Ringtone is set to "old phone"

Edify Friendly Themes

midNIGHT Theme v3 Stock Battery Icon 1% mod (AOSP LOCK) (Edify friendly)

midNIGHT Theme v3a Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod (AOSP LOCK) (Edify friendly)

midNIGHT Theme v3a Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod (Stock LOCK) (Edify friendly)

Credits:
Coming soon

More to come...... RIght now I'm brain dead.

midNIGHT ROM v2.5EXT4 Dual

Naked Edition Coming Later

Change Log:
Stocked Themed (Previous themes work but currently rebuilding theme to fix battery gauge problem)
Maintance Release (Cleaned things up a bit more)
New scripts and tweaks based on Mammon88's Bonsai. Huge Thanks to Mammon88
Further Cleaned up
Updated various app (newer versions)
Gmail updated so if you get FC's then wipe the application data...

midNIGHT ROM v2.4EXT4 Dual (Naked Edition)

Change Log: It's easier to say what it includes

Custom boot and shut down animations
EXT4/RFS support
Stock Launcher
Calc
Calendar
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Email
Gallery
Internet
Market
MMS
Music
Phone
Settings
Hotspot (cannot be removed)
Superuser (Cause it's prerooted))
Task Manager (Cannot Remove)
Video Player

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) NEW KERNEL Support Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Change Log:

Brand New Dual Boot Kernel. This means you can now install this ROM with or without EXT4 installed. If you want the benefit of EXT4 then it needs to be installed prior. If your among those who don't then just flash this rom as usual. This ROM will work on the Stock RFS format phones as well. This is only possible because of Dameon87's AMAZING WORK. I have tested this and it works very well.

Also to avoid further confusion I have reverted the MMS apps icon back to the green icon. I keep geting requests for the stock app. This is the stock app. It just has the 5mb increase. Thats it.

Guys I have the EXT4 install down to a science now. This is very simple and you DON'T need abd...There are a few ways floating around but this is bt far the most noob friendly.... So here you go.

How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps…….

Things you will need to do prior:

You need to pre-root with the one click root w/ clockwork redirect
Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

1) Boot into clock work and flash the midnight v2.4 ROM
2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select “reboot Recovery” and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the “New” Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the “install-ext4” found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That’s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That’s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions:
1) You MUST ODIN THE DK28 modem (if you already haven't)
2) Boot into clockwork
3) WIPE DATA/Cache/Dalvik x3
4) Flash midNIGHT v2.0.6 zip
5) DO NOT WIPE DATA AGAIN (You can wipe the caches but NOT DATA). Wiping data again will remove ALL APPS IN THE DATA FOLDER
6) First boot might take a few minutes
7) Enjoy

ROM in the 2nd post

Last edited:

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Current Release:

midNIGHT ROM v2.5 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

Screens for v2.4 and 2.3 still apply.

midNIGHT ROM v2.5 EXT4 (Dual) Naked Edition Stock Themed

EXT4 Compatible Themes: Thanks to mysteryemotionz for his XML advice

New midNIGHT Theme v3 (AOSP Lock)

New midNIGHT Theme v3 (Stock Lock)

What to see the midNIGHT v3 Theme in action? Stop by my blog and click on the Android Development page..

Screens:

***Please note photobucket and shootme were installed later in order to take screen shots***

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

You can view a video preview and explanation of midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) at my blog. Click the link and then go to the "Android Development" page at the top.

Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select “reboot Recovery” and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the “New” Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the “install-ext4” found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That’s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That’s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

You can view the midNIGHT ROM v2.2 EXT4 in action at my blog. Click on the "Android Development Page" at the top

Screens:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT ROM v2.1.1 Stock

mirror

Those having a negative experience with the Data Gov Removed you can add it back..
The Data Gov Putter Backer

midNIGHT Dialer v1 This is based on amosher13's gingerbread theme. So props to him for all his hard work.

Screens will be posted after dinner.........This will work with existing themes. I'll post the new battery mod after dinner as well. Please don't forget to check out my blog while you are downloading..Downloads should be quick as they are trafficshare and high bandwidth downloads. By viewing you'll be helping to spread autism awareness.

midNIGHT ROM v2.0.9 Stock
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated in the above post I want you to choose your own theme.

THEMES:

midNIGHT Theme v2.1a w/AOSP Lockscreen: Same v2.0 Theme but a blue Evo(ish) w/ numbered 1% battery mod.
midNIGHT Theme v2.1a w/Stock Lockscreen: Same v2.0 Theme but a blue Evo(ish) w/ numbered 1% battery mod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT Theme v2a with AOSP or Stock lock Screen and "EVO Style" 1% (numberless) battery. See screens below... I got your messages and I wanted to address them. So here you go. Basically the same as v2.0 but the battery is EVO(ish) and all the green are now a closer to match the new battery. Also rebuilt the entire theme for compatibility....Also because I listen I have included 2 flavors, AOSP and Stock Lockscreen. You choose the right fit for you......Please enjoy responsibly lol

[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/438921573/midNIGHT_Theme_v2a_Stock_Lock.zip"]midNIGHT Theme v2a w/STOCK lockscreen

midNIGHT Theme v2a w/AOSP lockscreen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New midNIGHT v2.0 with AOSP lock Screen and 1% battery. See screens below...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
midNIGHT Theme v1.0 with AOSP lockscreen and standard EVO battery gauge

Last edited:

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
WOW. Thanks. That means allot coming from you :)

No problem. I am in love with the custom theme on here. I was coming from working on the gingerbread port from the Nexus S and my wifi broke when flashing back to DK28 with odin, it would shut off and reboot, so I finally just flashed this ROM again and what do you know, wifi AND gps are both working perfectly. Nice job on the ROM, I really do appreciate your work. (;

Zei

Oct 8, 2009
I just downloaded the ROM from PPC earlier lol. Great work bro and hope to see more work from ya later on

brian2220

Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
ptfdmedic posted this zip on ppcgeeks and i just grabbed it earlier so i will post it here for him
and very awesome rom ptfdmedic keep up the good work

Attachments

• Swype_Restore.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Reactions: snicklefritts

humdrum2009

Oct 3, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Clean

This is truly the cleanest, and slickest themed ROM i have ever used.

Hope to see more work from you in the future.
maybe things are finally picking up for the epic owners.

CM6 coming along, More devs coming on-board,and this truly awesome battery saving theme.
I like the dark colors seems less of a battery drain for daily use thanks.:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can follow me on Twitter ppcgeeker

You can also follow the Official midNIGHT ROM Development Facebook page.

Welcome to the midNIGHT ROM Thread...​

Current Releases:

midNIGHT ROM v2.6 EXT4 and Edify Ready This is the ROM link

Clockwork3 is supported and can be found here. Please read Dameon87's thread VERY carefully prior to flashing CW3. THIS WILL MAKE ALL CURRENT ZIPS UNUSABLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :)

Change Log:

If you choose to use CW3 Then you will have EXT4 Support Only. CW3 auto converts everything to EXT4.

This ROM can be flashed in the old recovery as well so you can still use RFS. Going forward I will be using the CW3 redirector and ceasing support for RSF unless there is a huge demand for it. It's harder to support dual releases.

All sprint apps removed. (Hotspot remains cause it can't be removed)
    TW has been removed.
    Custom Boot animation (Thanks .........)
    Custom Shutdown animation
    Nexus S live wallpaper (including microbes)
    Host file modified
    build prop modified
    Apps included in data allowing for easy removal:
    -Launcher Pro
    -Spare Parts
    -Astro File Manager
    -Google Talk
    -Quickboot
    Completely Stock themed (Stock framework)
    -Themes will be separate flashes in order to give you a choice.
    Setup Wizard enables in order for easy application and setting restore
    Nexus S Ringtones/Notifications/UI Sounds Included.
    Default Ringtone is set to "old phone"

Edify Friendly Themes

midNIGHT Theme v3 Stock Battery Icon 1% mod (AOSP LOCK) (Edify friendly)

midNIGHT Theme v3a Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod (AOSP LOCK) (Edify friendly)

midNIGHT Theme v3a Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod (Stock LOCK) (Edify friendly)

Credits:
    Coming soon

More to come...... RIght now I'm brain dead.

midNIGHT ROM v2.5EXT4 Dual

Naked Edition Coming Later

Change Log:
    Stocked Themed (Previous themes work but currently rebuilding theme to fix battery gauge problem)
    Maintance Release (Cleaned things up a bit more)
    New scripts and tweaks based on Mammon88's Bonsai. Huge Thanks to Mammon88
    Further Cleaned up
    Updated various app (newer versions)
    Gmail updated so if you get FC's then wipe the application data...

Change Log: It's easier to say what it includes

Custom boot and shut down animations
    EXT4/RFS support
    Stock Launcher
    Calc
    Calendar
    Camera
    Clock
    Contacts
    Email
    Gallery
    Internet
    Market
    MMS
    Music
    Phone
    Settings
    Hotspot (cannot be removed)
    Superuser (Cause it's prerooted))
    Task Manager (Cannot Remove)
    Video Player

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) NEW KERNEL Support Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Change Log:

Brand New Dual Boot Kernel. This means you can now install this ROM with or without EXT4 installed. If you want the benefit of EXT4 then it needs to be installed prior. If your among those who don't then just flash this rom as usual. This ROM will work on the Stock RFS format phones as well. This is only possible because of Dameon87's AMAZING WORK. I have tested this and it works very well.

Also to avoid further confusion I have reverted the MMS apps icon back to the green icon. I keep geting requests for the stock app. This is the stock app. It just has the 5mb increase. Thats it.

Guys I have the EXT4 install down to a science now. This is very simple and you DON'T need abd...There are a few ways floating around but this is bt far the most noob friendly.... So here you go.

3 EASY STEPS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions:
    1) You MUST ODIN THE DK28 modem (if you already haven't)
    2) Boot into clockwork
    3) WIPE DATA/Cache/Dalvik x3
    4) Flash midNIGHT v2.0.6 zip
    5) DO NOT WIPE DATA AGAIN (You can wipe the caches but NOT DATA). Wiping data again will remove ALL APPS IN THE DATA FOLDER
    6) First boot might take a few minutes
    7) Enjoy

ROM in the 2nd post
    Current Release:

midNIGHT ROM v2.5 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

Screens for v2.4 and 2.3 still apply.

midNIGHT ROM v2.5 EXT4 (Dual) Naked Edition Stock Themed

EXT4 Compatible Themes: Thanks to mysteryemotionz for his XML advice

New midNIGHT Theme v3 (AOSP Lock)

New midNIGHT Theme v3 (Stock Lock)

What to see the midNIGHT v3 Theme in action? Stop by my blog and click on the Android Development page..

Screens:

***Please note photobucket and shootme were installed later in order to take screen shots***

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

You can view a video preview and explanation of midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) at my blog. Click the link and then go to the "Android Development" page at the top.

3 EASY STEPS

You can view the midNIGHT ROM v2.2 EXT4 in action at my blog. Click on the "Android Development Page" at the top

Screens:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT ROM v2.1.1 Stock

mirror

Those having a negative experience with the Data Gov Removed you can add it back..
    The Data Gov Putter Backer

midNIGHT Dialer v1 This is based on amosher13's gingerbread theme. So props to him for all his hard work.

Screens will be posted after dinner.........This will work with existing themes. I'll post the new battery mod after dinner as well. Please don't forget to check out my blog while you are downloading..Downloads should be quick as they are trafficshare and high bandwidth downloads. By viewing you'll be helping to spread autism awareness.

midNIGHT ROM v2.0.9 Stock

As stated in the above post I want you to choose your own theme.

THEMES:

midNIGHT Theme v2.1a w/AOSP Lockscreen: Same v2.0 Theme but a blue Evo(ish) w/ numbered 1% battery mod.
    midNIGHT Theme v2.1a w/Stock Lockscreen: Same v2.0 Theme but a blue Evo(ish) w/ numbered 1% battery mod.

midNIGHT Theme v2a with AOSP or Stock lock Screen and "EVO Style" 1% (numberless) battery. See screens below... I got your messages and I wanted to address them. So here you go. Basically the same as v2.0 but the battery is EVO(ish) and all the green are now a closer to match the new battery. Also rebuilt the entire theme for compatibility....Also because I listen I have included 2 flavors, AOSP and Stock Lockscreen. You choose the right fit for you......Please enjoy responsibly lol

[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/438921573/midNIGHT_Theme_v2a_Stock_Lock.zip"]midNIGHT Theme v2a w/STOCK lockscreen

midNIGHT Theme v2a w/AOSP lockscreen

New midNIGHT v2.0 with AOSP lock Screen and 1% battery. See screens below...

midNIGHT Theme v1.0 with AOSP lockscreen and standard EVO battery gauge

Installation was a little fuzzy.

I agree, instructions weren't the best. Here's my attempt at a Step-by-step.

1) Download everything.
    http://firon.net/xda/one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5.zip One click root
    http://efragtv.com/android/QuantumRomv2.5.zip Quantom 2.5
    http://efragtv.com/android/OneClickEXT4.v1.2.zip One Click EXT4
    http://www.multiupload.com/B9HDYPW6B0 Midnight 2.2 EXT4
    http://www.multiupload.com/FU8S28969Y 2.1 + Odin 1.0
    http://www.multiupload.com/C5YEZK3WF7 2.2.1 Odin File

2) Unzip OneClickEXT4.v1.2.zip and SPH-D700-DK05-Extended.rar into their own folders to keep things clean.

3) Go to the SPH-D700-DK05.Extended.rar folder you created, and open up Odin. Unplug your phone, then pull the battery. Put the battery back on, and hold the 1 button and the power button until you see a yellow sign and the word DOWNLOADING. Then plug in to your computer. ODIN should recognize your phone.

4) Uncheck F Time Reset on the left, and hit the PIT button. Select "s1_odin_20100512.pit". Then hit the PDA button and select "SPH-D700-DK05-Extended.tar" Press start.

5) Your phone will reboot into Android 2.1 when Odin is done, let it boot completely up, to avoid GPS troubles turn on GPS and get a lock, then turn the phone off, and unplug it from the computer. Turn it on holding the 1 key again, until you see the same yellow sign. Close Odin, and reopen it to avoid complications. When Odin is up again, plug the phone back into the computer.

6) Uncheck "F. Reset Time" again, and hit the PDA button and select "sph-d700-dk28-8g-rel.tar.md5" No pit needed. Press start, give it a minute.

7) Your phone will boot into a unrooted 2.2.1. Again, turn on GPS and get a lock before preceding. Also unplug your phone from the computer.

8) Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging and check it. Plug in the USB to your computer again.

9) Open the "one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5" folder, and open the "Run.bat" file. Hit any button, it will do all the work for you.

10) The phone will reboot into a now rooted 2.2.1. Drag down the notification bar, and enable USB Storage.

11) Move the QuantumRomv2.5.zip, midNIGHT v2.2EXT4.zip to the SD Card on your phone. Also go to the "OneClickEXT4.v1.2" folder, and copy the "prepare.zip" and "KERN-DK28EXT4.zip" to the SD card as well.

12) Unplug your phone, and turn it off, and reboot into Clockwork. Flash the QuantumRom2.5.zip file, and then reboot. It should get stuck at the Samsung screen, this is good. Pull the battery and boot back into clockwork.

13) Flash the prepare.zip file, do not reboot yet.

14) Go to Advanced, and select "Reboot Recovery".

15) The phone should reboot into clockwork with the version ending in .2 not .0. Connect the phone back to the computer and run the "install-ext4.bat" file in the OneClickEXT4.v1.2 folder.

16) The bat will disappear when finished, so if it disappears don't worry. Before rebooting the phone, reflash the QuantumRom2.5.zip file, then flash the KERN-DK28EXT4.zip file.

17) Reboot the phone, you should now be in a working Quantom Rom with EXT4 enabled. Turn on GPS, get a lock. Then open up Market and download QuickBoot.

18) Run Quick Boot and select Recovery to boot back into Clockwork.

19) This should put you back in clockwork version ending in .2 not .0. Wipe Data 3 times, then Cache 3 Times, then Dalvick 3 times.

20) Flash midNIGHT v2.2EXT4.zip. Don't reboot. Clear Cache 3 Times, and Dalvick 3 times. DO NOT WIPE DATA.

21) Flash the KERN-DK28EXT4.zip file again.

22) Reboot, and you have a working midnight ROM with working GPS locks. If you use themes/Nexus S wallpapers/anything you need to flash. Boot into the ROM once to let everything set up, then use Quickboot to get back to Clockwork and flash your themes.

A lot of steps, but the phone is flying.
    So this ROM doesnt have any keyboard?? No swype or anything! WTF?? lol I guess Ill just have to get it some other way. Might wanna look into that OP. No virtual keypad whatsoever.

Edit: So I am not able to flash ROMs that are not Ext4??

it has the gingerbread keyboard, and here is the apk for swype that came from another 2.2 rom, not a hacked swype or anything so it should be ok here. Just put on SD and install using astro or whatever.

Seperate question, if i need to have work done on phone at sprint can i just odin back to 2.1 and not have to worry about ext4 being there still or screwing anything up? Itll be just like it never happened?
    Ok guys...Here you go. Sorry for the delay in addressing these problems...My life is pretty complicated and I don't always have time. But I got things squared away...Please read the 1st post for details on the new build and my new release method....

Thanks to everyone for your support of both these ROMS as well as my family. Thank you for stopping by my blog and helping to spread Autism Awareness...

ROM is up in the 2nd post and both themes are up as well. I will add screens for the midNIGHT 1.0 as soon as I can but for anyone running the midNIGHT ROM v2.0.7 you are already familiar with EVO based theme....

Thanks again for everything.....