[ROM][MILESTONE1] d3rpG2 & BarebackG2 [ZVA][3/27/14]

Search This thread

1Rider

Sep 16, 2008
Previously i was running RLS1 dated 01/01/2014 on ZV8.
the battery life was very strong both LTE & 3G averaging 7hr screen on times draining about 1-2% per hour.

i updated to BarebackG2 on ZVA, the battery drops 5-6% per hour.
my area does not have spark, LTE signal seems more solid on ZVA vs ZV8 but the precipitous battery drain does not warrant the marginal gain in connectivity

1) what change happened? how can i recapture battery life?
2) can i downgrade to RLS1 ZV8?

thank you

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Previously i was running RLS1 dated 01/01/2014 on ZV8.
the battery life was very strong both LTE & 3G averaging 7hr screen on times draining about 1-2% per hour.

i updated to BarebackG2 on ZVA, the battery drops 5-6% per hour.
my area does not have spark, LTE signal seems more solid on ZVA vs ZV8 but the precipitous battery drain does not warrant the marginal gain in connectivity

1) what change happened? how can i recapture battery life?
2) can i downgrade to RLS1 ZV8?

thank you

Go into your ##data# menu with your MSL and disable band 26 and band 41 then see if battery life improves. The enabling I those additional bands came by default in ZVA. Im not saying that is the sole reason for your drain but it would make sense, especially is you have no/not much b26 or 41 to connect to.

You could also try coming up to ZVC testing drain out and STILL disable those bands if its and issue. Then you get the Kitkat goodness as well.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1Rider

boyercs

Jan 18, 2011
Getting prompted for service code when trying to edit anything in the data dailer anyone else getting this

1Rider

Sep 16, 2008
thanks roger i turned off the lte bands, it did help with battery, but im stuck in recovery
on barebackg2 ZVA
I was listening to spotify, then the phone suddenly rebooted into TWRP 2.7.0.0 on its own while in my pocket.
i tried rebooting into system, but it is stuck in twrp recovery.
device is not recognized on windows 7 pc.
the barebackg2.zip was still showing up on my sd card so i tried flashing the zip, flash was successful but it still boots into recovery
how can i get it to boot into system?

in any case, what happened? i did NOT take OTA update. just using phone normally

Last edited:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
thanks roger i turned off the lte bands, it did help with battery, but im stuck in recovery
on barebackg2 ZVA
I was listening to spotify, then the phone suddenly rebooted into TWRP 2.7.0.0 on its own while in my pocket.
i tried rebooting into system, but it is stuck in twrp recovery.
device is not recognized on windows 7 pc.
the barebackg2.zip was still showing up on my sd card so i tried flashing the zip, flash was successful but it still boots into recovery
how can i get it to boot into system?

in any case, what happened? i did NOT take OTA update. just using phone normally

Well, really weird. No clue what you did but was the phone in your back pocket? The button combo in ZV7, ZV8 and ZVA to hard reset was bad....like long pressing the buttons on the back and then just hitting power to confirm. I really haven't a clue as to what you did but don't do it again. [emoji3]

Reactions: rootlinux

gattiman12

Feb 16, 2014
You wanna search SuperG2 As it is Updated to the latest 4.4.2 its made by the same developers so you know its going to be awesome
Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mrrogers1
Oct 27, 2012
Guys please help. I've been using this rom fine with no problems. However I'm away from home for the weekend and it was moving a microwave when I'm assuming it pressed against the back buttons in my pocket. When I tried to use the phone later, I turned the screen on and it was in the twrp menu and had apparently done something since it had text written
I tried restarting the phone, wiping and re flashing, but no matter what I do the phone boots up into the twrp recovery. Can someone help help me, this is an emergency since I'm not home at the moment and I really really need my phone. I'm using a friends phone to type this so I'll be able to check the thread periodically.

berz

Oct 10, 2010
Bangalore
Guys please help. I've been using this rom fine with no problems. However I'm away from home for the weekend and it was moving a microwave when I'm assuming it pressed against the back buttons in my pocket. When I tried to use the phone later, I turned the screen on and it was in the twrp menu and had apparently done something since it had text written
I tried restarting the phone, wiping and re flashing, but no matter what I do the phone boots up into the twrp recovery. Can someone help help me, this is an emergency since I'm not home at the moment and I really really need my phone. I'm using a friends phone to type this so I'll be able to check the thread periodically.

Try TOT

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA

Away from home TOT, doesn't sound like a go. [emoji6]

The method to hard reset on ZV7/ZV8/ZVA was FAR LESS than desirable as it just required lp combo of back buttons and then to confirm, was a simple press of the power button. They finally fixed that in ZVC!

If you don't have a computer, you aren't going to be able to do anything as I "think" the reset cleared your internal storage (that really sucks) as well. Look and see if it wiped internal, if not, just reflash rom or restore your last backup.

When you get back to a computer you can download our rom and then sideload it in recovery.

I did what you did the second day I had the phone, was in my back pocket and it *Obamagically hard reset. #BLAMELGE

Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for the help guys, I'm home now and just fixed my phone. I have no idea what happened to the phone but I was stuck in a TWRP recovery loop no matter what I did. I googled the problem and this is a problem you get when you install the OTA update over d3rpG2 rom.

I used these instructions to quickly and easily fix the problem (in case anyone else has a similar problem)

From the TWRP terminal command, type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot to recovery, then wipe and reinstall rom.

Reactions: 1Rider

1Rider

Sep 16, 2008
experience lots of random reboots over at least 10 times during a three day period.

i was at las vegas, jumping between different hotels with publicWiFi.
i noticed that when i connect to one wifi then walked to the next hotel the wifi handoff is wonky.

we need to "sign in Wifi" which works fine, so now im preregistered on both wifi systems.

when i walk between the wifi hotels many times the wifi doesnt work i need to toggle on/off or suffer random reboot

gattiman12

Feb 16, 2014
Your on an old version of d3rp. Search SuperG2 For the most up to date rom

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
experience lots of random reboots over at least 10 times during a three day period.

i was at las vegas, jumping between different hotels with publicWiFi.
i noticed that when i connect to one wifi then walked to the next hotel the wifi handoff is wonky.

we need to "sign in Wifi" which works fine, so now im preregistered on both wifi systems.

when i walk between the wifi hotels many times the wifi doesnt work i need to toggle on/off or suffer random reboot

As was stated, you're on a old version BUT that reboot bug is caused by a wifi connection with no data. We could never figure out why it did it but know exactly why. Sorry bud

kevinhack

Dec 30, 2013
Fort Wayne
As was stated, you're on a old version BUT that reboot bug is caused by a wifi connection with no data. We could never figure out why it did it but know exactly why. Sorry bud

hate to bump this thread so hard but that bug made me so mad. I was at a cabin in West virginia and i couldnt turn off my wifi before it would reboot so i couldnt use my phone while in the cabin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the team d3rp ROM for the LG G2. Please read the whole first page of this thread!

milestone_zpseb236dcf.jpg

team d3rp:
    myself, il duce, pstevep, thoughtlesskyle, vanessaem, Ajthescot, hockeyfamily737, diestarbucks, Gumby63, mrrogers1, solver404, and harfainx.

MILESTONE 1 REVIEW:

ROM BASE:
    - Android 4.2.2 JB, Optimus UI, OTA LS980ZVA, DeOdexed.
    - All LG, Google, and Sprint apps up to date.
    - Latest busybox and superSU.

ROM FEATURES:
    Added:
    - ZVA Base
    - Optimized JPEG files in every system apk with jpgoptim.
    - Optimized PNG files in every system apk with PNGout, ZoptfliPNG, and Median Cut Posterizer.
    - Advanced Power Menu.
    - Smaller nav and statusbar.
    - Fixed Roboto fonts.
    - Init.d support.
    - Added sqlite, zipalign, and fstrim.
    - Added smooth scroll mod.
    - Split View. (thanks bigfau)
    - Wireless Tethering. (thanks metalboy94 and justinswidebody)
    - Changed Quick Memo to QMemo, Quick Remote to QRemote, and Battery Saver to BattSaver in quick settings.
    - USB connection default is media sync.
    - Notifications are completely themed.
    - 18 hand-picked wallpapers.
    - Redesigned Weather widgets.
    - Enabled Dolby Digital Plus in LGMusic.
    - Set Cinema Sound as default in LGVideos.
    - Themed Settings.
    - Added banner in Settings/About Phone/Software Information.
    - Themed Phone.
    - Gesture input for LG keyboard enabled.
    - Battery mods.
    - Fixed zoom buttons.
    - Themed alert dialogs.
    - Made hidden nav bar dots smaller.
    - Added transparent folder in launcher.
    - Custom app drawer icon.
    - Black LG keyboard theme has black background.
    - Changed default wallpaper.
    - Increased max QSlide windows to 5.
    - Browser to QSlide.
    - Moved date bar in notifications above quick settings.
    - team d3rp boot animation.
    - team d3rp shutdown animation.
    - team d3rp wallpapers.
    - Changed "Sprint" in dropdown to d3rpG2 logo.
    - Black in-call statusbar.
    - Bolded clock in statusbar.
    - Changed No Recent Apps icon to team d3rp logo.
    - Themed quick settings icons.
    - Changed "Android is updating..." to "Optimizing System...".
    - A LOT more...
    Removed:
    - Approximately 300 MB off total ROM size without removing a single file.
    - A LOT of the blue from the stock ROM.
    - A LOT of bloat.
    - Debugging info in almost every system apk.
    - Unneeded languages in every system apk.
    - Spark icons.
    - ADB debugging notification.
    - QSlide guides.
    - Gradient from nav bar in home.
    - Gradient from home dock.
    - Gradient from nav bar in camera.
    - Gradient in camera view.
    - Nav bar circles.
    - Volume slider in notifications.
    - Keyboard switch icon.
    - Alarm clock icon in statusbar.
    - Low energy charging notification.
    - Battery full notification.
    - Vienna Boys Choir and other terrible sounds.
    - Some stock wallpapers.
    - A LOT more...

INCLUDED APPS:
    - Power Menu
    - Flashlight
    - ROMdb Dev Tool (thanks joeykrim)

CREDITS & THANKS:
    - team d3rp - you are all amazing!
    - AOSP, LG, AOKP, cyanogenMOD, superSU, apktool, and VTS for pretty things, tools, and the base for all we do.
    - ALL the themers and devs we see on the site or hangouts regularly, and everyone on XDA.
    - We used MANY guides and tutorials to do this stuff, if we have left your name off send a PM and we'll add you.
    - Real_JESRadio for the many excellent reviews of our ROMs. Always very much appreciated!
    - secret.animal, That_Guy0505, and lowpro3210 for being our awesome lab rats and testing all the things for you guys.

ISSUES:
    - N/A

d3rpG2_milestoneONE - DOWNLOAD
    md5: 873d594c1697491c75647908f288775d
    Size: 910 MB

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1. Boot into TWRP.
    2. Select Wipe.
    3. Select Advanced Wipe.
    4. Wipe System, Data, and Cache.
    5. Go back to main menu.
    6. Select Install.
    7. Select d3rpG2.
    8. Install d3rpG2.
    9. Boot d3rpG2.
    10. Love d3rpG2.

RADIO INFORMATION:
    To upgrade to ZVA radio and use Spark:
    1. *Flash TWRP with Flashify from the Play Store.(See below.)
    2. **Flash this ROM, reboot and make sure the ROM boots up. (See below.)
    3. Reboot to recovery and flash the ZVA radio. If it flashed without error then you can reboot to the ROM.

*TWRP thread for more information: [RECOVERY][G2] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-03-10]
    **If you are already running the ROM you can skip this step.

More Information:
    You DO NOT have to downgrade to the ZV8 radio now to run AOSP based ROMs. To run an AOSP based ROM with the ZVA radio you MUST flash Savoca's or dr87's kernel immediately after you flash the AOSP ROM.

PLEASE READ:
    - You must go to Settings/System Updates and Update Profile if you do not have Data after flashing this.
    - To restore Voicemate download and flash this: Voicemate Restore
    - Read mrrogers1 post about taking OTA updates: Here

BLLAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR.....
    NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.....
    Just showing we are working :D

Just to keep everyone up to date, this ZVC is a headache and a half in certain ways. I know there has been some *****ing and moaning going on around the ls980 forums. Ask LG to dev unlock this device instead of complaining here at XDA. It is indeed a worthy device that they manufactured to be unlocked.

We are working on the KitKat update rigorously. youdug had a hard brick working on this device for the community, there are yet incalculable circumstances where a tot is needed... basically- a lot of BS downtime working on this for us/you. We are dedicated to this device and will deliver when it is feasible.

:cowboy:
    Maybe future info/magic will reside here.
    bareback2_zps80bda1e0.png

BAREBACK MILESTONE 1 REVIEW:

This is a Optimus/Home free version of our d3rpG2 Rom that has been put on a serious diet. The goal of this was to strip down not only the "regular" bloat but also much of the extras that can be safely removed YET leaving the rom fully functional and d3rp Certified. Yes, the rom really is only 559mb of d3rp! :eek:

See the OP for the very long list of what makes this rom series THE ONE to be on. :D Then.... look down below here for a few additional notes about Bareback.

Rom includes Nova launcher (feel free to use any launcher you would like but Nova and Nova Prime are light weight and have tons of features and functionality) as the default, you can restore LG's Home with the zip below.

We have also include the Lucent Remix Icon pack (can be set in Nova settings) with custom walls and AppGetter application for requesting custom app icons by Team d3rp's lovely @vanessaem who makes all things pretty. If you like the Lucent Color Icons in the screenies, they can be found in the Play Store or you can follow V's pretty things in her thread located here >>>>>> [ICON SETS, UCCWs, and More] Themes by vanessaem

PLEASE thank @youdug for the guidance and patience needed to help me get this done. I worked on this in the shadows for the last couple months, hidden and he only spilled the beans once. Ha ha

Also thanks are in order for @hockeyfamily737 who is the original d3rp with the idea to do a Bareback variant AND @diestarbucks who was the last maintainer of Bareback and the reason I got a chance to join this Merry band of d3rps! :p

Last but not least, our trusty testing crew, @secret.animal, @That_Guy0505, and @lowpro3210 as they made sure everything was in order for this little surprise for you all.

>>>>>>>> BarebackG2 M1 Download <<<<<<<
    md5: 0891118cbec2d53816078c513ee3a160
    size: 559mb

Here are zips to restore what we felt would be the most asked for add backs. I can't image why anyone would want to fatten it back up BUT these are the fats and carbs that we'll serve you. If you want something else on the dinner table, just ask and we'll provide the recipe.

Bareback Home Restore

Bareback LGKeyboard Restore

Bareback LGEmail Restore

Bareback QMemo Restore

Bareback QRemote Restore

Bareback LGBackup Restore

Bareback Live Wallpaper Restore