• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][MILESTONE1] SuperG2 & Bareback [ZVC][8/5/14]

Search This thread

NSTar1

Sep 10, 2009
If you set a quiet hours, it will not come on schedule when you pull down the menu and click clear to clear other notifications. Somehow, the quiet hours is affected and turns off (when you look at the settings, it's still on but no longer function as quiet hours at the time you set.). It also happens when you reboot or turn off your phone during the time of the quiet hour. So quiet hours only works if you don't turn off your phone nor clear messages from the pull down menu.

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If you set a quiet hours, it will not come on schedule when you pull down the menu and click clear to clear other notifications. Somehow, the quiet hours is affected and turns off (when you look at the settings, it's still on but no longer function as quiet hours at the time you set.). It also happens when you reboot or turn off your phone during the time of the quiet hour. So quiet hours only works if you don't turn off your phone nor clear messages from the pull down menu.

I just set it, cleared notifications (which got rid of the quiet hours notification), and it still worked. I then went to turn on my volume and was prompted that i was in quiet mode and asked if i wanted to exit. After i exited i got the notification again when quiet hours would be set.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

davec1234

May 22, 2010

I've had this happen a couple times. I rebooted and it came back on.

myxmastrmike

Jun 9, 2010
Is anyone else having gps issues. Probly just me and my phone not the rom, but my gps will not lock at all. Period. Idk aggravating.

Sent from my Super Derper G2

^any more info on this?^
This was one of my big issues using a custom ROM before (currently on ZVC stock with root/no custom recovery)

My other main issue, can anybody confirm is Google Wallet Tap&Pay works? (To actually pay successfully, not just that the app says that it works).

Now, its been a bit since I looked into getting custom recovery/custom ROM on when you are already on ZVC. Right when ZVC OTA came out, the steps to do it were too much work for me to do at that time, so I opted to just roll with stock ZVC but with Root so I could run a few apps that requited root.
What is the safest, least likely to brick way to get custom recovery on as I am right now?

Thanks all for the info and hard work! ;)

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
^any more info on this?^
This was one of my big issues using a custom ROM before (currently on ZVC stock with root/no custom recovery)

My other main issue, can anybody confirm is Google Wallet Tap&Pay works? (To actually pay successfully, not just that the app says that it works).

Now, its been a bit since I looked into getting custom recovery/custom ROM on when you are already on ZVC. Right when ZVC OTA came out, the steps to do it were too much work for me to do at that time, so I opted to just roll with stock ZVC but with Root so I could run a few apps that requited root.
What is the safest, least likely to brick way to get custom recovery on as I am right now?

Thanks all for the info and hard work! ;)

Yeah, the process was quite dicey and cost a hand full of G2's figuring it out. I didn't lose mine but came close to losing the wife's in the process (that God that didn't happen), became VERY good at running tot in the process and even reinstalled Ubuntu on one of my machines at home to be prepared. @youdug and @savoca as well as a few others lost devices in the making of the ZVC update. THANKS GUYS!!

As for the position you are in, the fastest, easiest and safest way is to use the Autorec application that @Cloudyfa put out that will take care of all the dirty work and install recovery for you, at the press of a button. Then, all you need to do is flash our Preview here and see if you have issues. If so, then you can then just flash the stock rooted odex rom and never do custom roms again but that would suck... :)

Good luck

Reactions: Titchener17

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
795126d1367368312-any-tricks-seating-tubeless-tires-its-alive.jpg

i was just on a phone call and used the power button and knock on/off and it didnt disconnect my call.
if youre running this rom stock how we uploaded it check your settings.
if youre running a bunch of xposed mods and made a bunch of your own changes then its probably something you did.
please dont post issues if youre going to run a bunch of xposed mods and make a bunch of your own changes unless you have confirmed it is an issue with our rom by going back to stock SuperG2 and recreating it.
im not saying we dont want you guys to post in here, were not trying to waste our time trying to recreate and fix issues that we didnt cause.
/we break enough of the things ourselves :D

I don't use xposed. At least I haven't on the last few ROMs I've tried. I have installed and uninstalled a few apps that were suggested to get some things working that weren't the way I thought they should be, but only tried them after having those things not work correctly post SuperG2 flash.
I've checked all the settings I could find for the knock-on issue as well as pwr/phone disconnect issue and the same things happen (or don't happen) regardless of the settings.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Can you tell me, what conditions have to be present for this to occur? ie, are you on the call, screen on/screen off, screen locked/unlocked etc... Are you running any modifications like Xposed, custom kernel or others? Does it do this on a clean flash? If you do not know, can you make a backup and verify if it still does it after a clean flash and nothing setup but your Google account? Did you happen to, on accident, enable the "Power key ends call" setting in the Accessibility menu?

I have been unable to replicate this and it seems to be a very rare thing BUT I'd like to see if we can nail down what is going on.

Thanks!
For me, it happens whether the screen is on or off (I had to check that, as I had only experienced it when trying to turn the screen on during a call). I have my screen set to not lock anymore, I I find that useless once the screen is off- if it's just a swipe, there is no security necessary.
No mods, Xposed not installed. I have tried a few custom kernels, but they don't seem to make any difference. It did happen on clean flash. The Power key setting in ACC Menu was not checked. I tried checking and unchecking and it made no difference.

youngnex

Sep 29, 2011
Tampa, FL
No one is giving me details enough to replicate... I have tried many many times but will leave it as in until someone can tell me *exactly how to replicate on a 100% clean flash, no apps installed, fresh install.

Yes, that answers the question. In my case this has happened because of having enabled g2xposed, g2 tweakbox and gravitybox. I've since disabled all of them and the sensors are working good when in a call. I am planning on going thru them to see what is causing it.

Sent from my LG-LS980

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I don't use xposed. At least I haven't on the last few ROMs I've tried. I have installed and uninstalled a few apps that were suggested to get some things working that weren't the way I thought they should be, but only tried them after having those things not work correctly post SuperG2 flash.
I've checked all the settings I could find for the knock-on issue as well as pwr/phone disconnect issue and the same things happen (or don't happen) regardless of the settings.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

For me, it happens whether the screen is on or off (I had to check that, as I had only experienced it when trying to turn the screen on during a call). I have my screen set to not lock anymore, I I find that useless once the screen is off- if it's just a swipe, there is no security necessary.
No mods, Xposed not installed. I have tried a few custom kernels, but they don't seem to make any difference. It did happen on clean flash. The Power key setting in ACC Menu was not checked. I tried checking and unchecking and it made no difference.

Man, I don't know what is going on. Is a long phone call? I can't recreate but I always have security enabled (PIN) and phone locks after 30min.

If you did a clean flash, like yesterday/today and still happens, then I'm baffled. Did you Clean flash = wipe cache/dalvik cache/system/data, flash rom, boot rom, log into Google and only sync contacts (so you have someone to call) NO APPS and try to recreate.

Also, have you tried stock rooted odex or deodex and see if it does it on them? Do you have screen protector? Try these things and let us know. This is just so crazy... Sorry bud.

Yes, that answers the question. In my case this has happened because of having enabled g2xposed, g2 tweakbox and gravitybox. I've since disabled all of them and the sensors are working good when in a call. I am planning on going thru them to see what is causing it.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Thank you

Last edited:

myxmastrmike

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah, the process was quite dicey and cost a hand full of G2's figuring it out. I didn't lose mine but came close to losing the wife's in the process (that God that didn't happen), became VERY good at running tot in the process and even reinstalled Ubuntu on one of my machines at home to be prepared. @youdug and @savoca as well as a few others lost devices in the making of the ZVC update. THANKS GUYS!!

As for the position you are in, the fastest, easiest and safest way is to use the Autorec application that @Cloudyfa put out that will take care of all the dirty work and install recovery for you, at the press of a button. Then, all you need to do is flash our Preview here and see if you have issues. If so, then you can then just flash the stock rooted odex rom and never do custom roms again but that would suck... :)

Good luck

Ah yes, Autorec!
I wasn't sure if that was the go-to since when it first came out, there was a lot of people having the white lines/screen issue once they used it, but I see that there is now a kernel fix for that....

**update**
Used Autorec and all is well, though I DID end up being one of the people who fell prey to the white screen after using it, so I just flashed the fix in recovery and it was fixed. SO glad about that fix!

I'll give the Preview a flash later on today and report back...as long as GPS doesn't give any issues and Tap&Pay works (I use T&P a ton) I know i'm going to LOVE the ROM.
Thanks again for the help ;)

glenny buster

Oct 23, 2011
GPS hasnt worked very well, if at all for me since going to zvc also. And that was even before installing stock rooted or this.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Ah yes, Autorec!
I wasn't sure if that was the go-to since when it first came out, there was a lot of people having the white lines/screen issue once they used it, but I see that there is now a kernel fix for that....

**update**
Used Autorec and all is well, though I DID end up being one of the people who fell prey to the white screen after using it, so I just flashed the fix in recovery and it was fixed. SO glad about that fix!

I'll give the Preview a flash later on today and report back...as long as GPS doesn't give any issues and Tap&Pay works (I use T&P a ton) I know i'm going to LOVE the ROM.

There is a link in the OP for the kernel to flash after rom to address the white lines if you need it. You will have to correct that issue every time you flash rom until we get kernel source and someone can fix.

kcattakcaz

Nov 7, 2013
I'm having an interesting problem with VPN on SuperG2. When I had stock unrooted ZVC the Junos Pulse VPN app worked fine. Since I flashed the ROM though, it's acting funny.

It lets me login as usual, and it prompts me to grant permission for VPN, I choose OK. Then the VPN says connected and packets go out, but very few come back. Web pages time out. There are no error messages nor does the app do this on other Android devices (including rooted devices).

So obviously I don't expect d3rp team to provide tech support for a random app, but I'm wondering if there are any known issues regarding VPNs in the ROM and if anyone else is having similar problems, especially since the problem seems to have started after flashing. This is a clean flash, wiped everything per OP, no Xposed, no other modifications.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mrrogers1

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I'm having an interesting problem with VPN on SuperG2. When I had stock unrooted ZVC the Junos Pulse VPN app worked fine. Since I flashed the ROM though, it's acting funny.

It lets me login as usual, and it prompts me to grant permission for VPN, I choose OK. Then the VPN says connected and packets go out, but very few come back. Web pages time out. There are no error messages nor does the app do this on other Android devices (including rooted devices).

So obviously I don't expect d3rp team to provide tech support for a random app, but I'm wondering if there are any known issues regarding VPNs in the ROM and if anyone else is having similar problems, especially since the problem seems to have started after flashing. This is a clean flash, wiped everything per OP, no Xposed, no other modifications.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

All VPN relevant services were left in rom so doubtful it's us but... Can you make a backup and test on clean flash stock rooted odex rom? It might be a Kk issue with the app and you could reach out to them to get their $hit fixed. [emoji2]

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi
Ah yes, Autorec!

**update**

Can you pay special attention to how well your knock on/off works.

myxmastrmike

Jun 9, 2010
There is a link in the OP for the kernel to flash after rom to address the white lines if you need it. You will have to correct that issue every time you flash rom until we get kernel source and someone can fix.

Is it guaranteed that I will need to flash that kernel if I had to flash the fix after running AutoRec? (aka is the issue that causes white lines in each case one in the same?)
If so, i will just flash the kernel immediately after flashing the ROM, rather than finding out the hard way after booting the first time since, for whatever reason, I have the DAMNDEST time booting to recovery via the "vol down + power, release, vol down + power" deal. Even knowing how, it always takes me a dozen or more tries to get it to work. Maybe I don't have the exact timing as for when to release and when to hold the buttons again or something because I try and try and try and eventually I get lucky and it works lol!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the team d3rp SuperG2 ROM for the LG G2. Please read the whole first page of this thread!

SuperG2%20(1)50.png

team d3rp:myself, il duce, pstevep, thoughtlesskyle, vanessaem, Ajthescot, hockeyfamily737, diestarbucks, Gumby63, youdug, solver404, and harfainx.

ROM BASE:
    - Android 4.4.2 KK, Optimus UI, OTA LS980ZVC, DeOdexed.
    - All LG, Google, and Sprint apps up to date.
    - Latest busybox and superSU.

ROM FEATURES:
    Added:
    - ZVC base
    - Init.d support
    - Small nav bar.
    - Changed Roboto font to Roboto Condensed.
    - Qualcomm optimized bionic lib.
    - WiFi Tether (thanks @[COLOR="gray"]justinswidebody[/COLOR])
    - SuperG2 boot animation.
    - Custom Startup/Shutdown sounds.
    - Dolby in LGMusic.
    - CinemaSound in LGVideos.
    - DiVX enabled.
    - ZipAlign at boot.
    - Wallpapers in LGHome and Lockscreen.
    - Transparent Weather.
    - Gray nav bar.
    - Themed notifications dropdown.
    - Themed Settings.
    - Themed SystemUI.
    - Themed Framework.
    - Themed LG Icons.
    - Fully themed Phone.
    - Lightly themed Messaging.
    - Select LG G3 Wallpapers
    - LG G3 Keyboard (thanks @Cloudyfa)
    Removed:
    - A lot of LG blue.
    - A lot of bloat.
    - Terrible sounds.
    - LTE icon.
    - Some stock wallpapers.

INCLUDED APPS:
    - Power Menu
    - Flashlight
    - ROMdb Dev Tool (thanks joeykrim)
    - d3rp Wallpapers (Bareback only)

CREDITS & THANKS:
    - team d3rp - you are all amazing!
    - AOSP, LG, AOKP, cyanogenMOD, superSU, apktool, and VTS for pretty things, tools, and the base for all we do.
    - ALL the themers and devs we see on the site or hangouts regularly, and everyone on XDA.
    - We used MANY guides and tutorials to do this stuff, if we have left your name off send a PM and we'll add you.
    - Real_JESRadio for the many excellent reviews of our ROMs. Always very much appreciated!
    - secret.animal, That_Guy0505, and lowpro3210 for being our awesome lab rats and testing all the things for you guys.

ISSUES:
    - Weather animation does not work on lockscreen.

MY DISPLAY IS MESSED UP! HELP!:
    - If your screen looks like crazy white static like this after you reboot:

a5y9yzuv_zpsebbba152.jpg

Flash this in Recovery:
    White Lines Fix

I was on a ZVC/Knock Code compatible rom before and my KNOCK ON WILL NOT WORK! HELP!:

Flash this in Recovery: Restore Knock On
    Reboot and enter into your dialer 5689#*980# then goto HW Device Test >> Touch Test >> Touch Firmware Upgrade >> Ok to correct your Touch panel firmware mismatch.

SuperG2 Milestone 1 - DOWNLOAD
    md5: 8a1d7bd30594d30d32e2cb4cccb47332
    Size: 1.3GB

SuperG2 Milestone 1 - DOWNLOAD MIRROR
    md5: 8a1d7bd30594d30d32e2cb4cccb47332
    Size: 1.3GB

See Post #2 for Bareback Rom, you know you want to....
    *Restore zips are also in post #2 so if you are missing something, ask. we'll try to oblige.

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1. Boot into Recovery.
    2. Select Wipe.
    3. Select Advanced Wipe.
    4. Wipe System, Data, and Cache.
    5. Go back to main menu.
    6. Select Install.
    7. Select SuperG2.
    8. Install SuperG2.
    9. Boot SuperG2.
    10. Love SuperG2.

ZVA TO ZVC INFORMATION:
    To upgrade to ZVC ROM's coming from ZVA:
    1. ***MAKE A BACKUP*** If the modem does not flash properly (i.e. ROM won't boot) you can restore. If modem flashes and ROM boots, you CANNOT restore any ZVA ROM without downgrading your modem which is in autoprime’s thread here: Flashable Modem Zips [All G2 Variants]
    2. Flash ZVC ROM. (Wipe cache, data, system, then flash ROM)
    3. Flash ZVC Modem in SAME Recovery session.
    4. IF SUCCESSFUL, reboot to System.
    5. After successful boot, reboot to Recovery.
    6. Flash ZVC Firmware, reboot to System.
    7. Profit.

PLEASE READ:
    - You must go to Settings/System Updates and Update Profile if you do not have Data after flashing this.
    - Read mrrogers1 post about taking OTA updates: Here

BLLAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR.....
    NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.....
    G3 kb is definitely a go. LG did a great job on it. Also redid that HORRIBLE dialer. Its not finished yet, and this is just a rough draft but this is what it will probably look like.

uploadfromtaptalk1401707874643.jpg

[ROM][MILESTONE1] SuperG2 Bareback [ZVC][8/5/14]

SuperG2bareback%20(1)50.png

This is a Optimus/Home free version of our d3rpG2 Rom that has been put on a serious diet. The goal of this was to strip down not only the "regular" bloat but also much of the extras that can be safely removed YET leaving the rom fully functional and d3rp Certified. Yes, the rom really is only 841mb of d3rp! :eek:

See the OP for the very long list of what makes this rom series THE ONE to be on and PLEASE thank @youdug for the time spent continuing this kicka$$ rom series! :D Then.... look down below here for a few additional notes about Bareback.

Rom includes Nova launcher (feel free to use any launcher you would like but Nova and Nova Prime are light weight and have tons of features and functionality) as the default, you can restore LG's Home with the zip below.

We have also include the Lucent Remix Icon pack (can be set in Nova settings) with custom walls and AppGetter application for requesting custom app icons by Team d3rp's lovely @vanessaem who makes all things pretty (Including the OP images). You can follow some of V's pretty things in her thread located here >>>>>> [ICON SETS, UCCWs, and More] Themes by vanessaem.

Also thanks are in order for @thoughtlesskyle for the custom walls you'll see featured on the lockscreen and in the d3rp walls app. We like, so you get to enjoy!

Last but not least, our trusty testing crew, @secret.animal, @That_Guy0505, and @lowpro3210 as they made sure everything was in order for both roms and don't even complain about my incessant requests for clean flashes. Lol

>>>>>>>> SuperG2 Bareback Milestone 1 Download <<<<<<<
    md5: e913b5ef1885318f256b755b0a1042d4
    size: 841mb

>>>>>Restore LGHome.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGWeather.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGBrowser.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGQremote.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGUsMMS.zip Download
    things have been slower from us because solver and youdug and me have been dealing with real life time contraining issues, just fyi guys

i think it's almost ready, mrrogers is trying to keep me on track (since i'm the only one of us 3 that's somewhat available)

afaik there's a couple visual bugs only, and i'm trying to figure them out.

once that's done i assume m1 is ready

/out
    Milestone 1 has been....... RELEASED!

Enjoy folks :D