• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Minimal] Nothing But Speed 1.0

Search This thread

Goose-T

Apr 13, 2011
Budapest
4283_nbs_rom.jpg

So I decided to make a ROM to my own taste. I've tried several CM7.2 builds, but I just could not get the UI as smooth as it is in the stock ROM or MS2Ginger, it was always somewhat choppy. Then I tried MS2Ginger, which was smooth as a baby's botty, but had some problems related to the well-known Defy SD card bug. This bug now has a fix called mmcfix. The Blur bloatware was also annoying. So here's my new ROM's features:

Express installation for Defy+ MB526:
  1. Flash BL6 2.3.6 SBF, root it and install 2ndInit - this step is not needed if your kernel version is 2.6.32.9-gbdd614e and you have 2ndInit/CWM already installed
  2. Copy the Nothing But Speed 1.0 folder in the archive to your SD card's clockworkmod/backup folder
  3. Do a full wipe from custom recovery
  4. Restore it with from CWM with advanced restore/system
  5. Enjoy!

Recommended SBF for Defy+: DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-132 (I use it too)

Detailed installation steps for every Defy and Defy+:
Based on walter79's MS2Ginger installation guide

To begin:

1. For all Defy and Defy+: Put the Nandroid backup folder Nothing But Speed 1.0 on the SDCard in this folder: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
  2. For Defy with bayer (red) camera and Froyo kernel: Put "Defy-4.5.3-109_DPP-11-kernel-update.zip" to the root of your sdcard
  3. For Defy with soc (green) camera and Froyo kernel: Put "MS2Ginger-Greenbread.zip" to the root of your sdcard

-------------------------------------------------------
For all Defy and Defy+

1. Install Froyo or Gingerbread Motorola rom (Froyo for defy and a rootable Gingerbread for Defy+)
  2. Root your DEFY and Install BOOTMENU - CWM (2ndInit-Installer 2.0.apk (CWM-Recovery >5.0.3.1 is needed for restore the Nothing But Speed backup)
  3. REBOOT
  4. run 2nd-init (voldown on blue LED)
  5. Go to "Recovery"
  6. Go to "Latest or Stable or Custom Recovery"
  7. "wipe data and cache"
  8. Go to "Backup and Restore"
  9. Go to "Advanced Restore"
  10. Select "Nothing But Speed 1.0"
  11. "restore system"

Defy with bayer (red) camera and Froyo kernel:

1. Go to "install zip from sdcard"
  2. select and install "Defy-4.5.3-109_DPP-11-kernel-update.zip"

Defy with soc (green) camera and Froyo kernel:

2. select and install "MS2Ginger-Greenbread.zip"

For all Defy and Defy+

1. reboot.
  2. run 2nd-init (voldown on blue LED)
  3. Go to "System"
  4. Go to "Overclock"
  5. increase VSel3 to 58 (GREENBREADMOD-with froyo kernel / SOC camera) or set CLK3 to 800 (Gingerbread kernel)
  6. reboot
  7. Booting up can take a while, max is about 10 minutes.
  8. Charge your phone to 100% and keep it charging for min 1.5 hour after.
  9. Calibrate your battery using the pre installed apps.
  10. optional for SOC-CAMERA-GREEN-LENS-DEFY with GreenbreadMod --> increase VSel3 and CLK3 to 58/1000

How to make sure that mmcfix is working
  1. Enter bootmenu at startup (press volume down when the led lights up in blue)
  2. Enter System/Overclock there
  3. Set Load all modules to Enabled
  4. Choose Save
  5. Reboot your phone
When you set it, make sure also that the CPU governor is set to Ondemand, because I've tried Smartass, but it hanged at the Motorola logo.

FIXED SBFs / kernel

Defy/Defy+ - 4.5.2-109-DHT-22-fixed.sbf: http://ms2ginger.4shared.com latest kernel

Defy red/Defy+ - 4.5.2-109_DHT-22 kernel only: 4.5.2-109_DHT-22-kernel.zip (latest kernel) recalibrate your battery after this update

Defy/Defy+ - 4.5.3-109fixed.sbf: http://ms2ginger.4shared.com

Defy red lens / Defy+ - 4.5.3-109fixed.sbf via install zip from sdcard in CWM-recovery:
4.5.3-109fixed-sbf-via-update.zip

NOTE: this ROM is tested only on Defy+ yet, but should work on Defy too.

>>> Download from here. <<<
Alternative link

I assume no liability for any damage to your phone!

My plans for the next release:
  • Integrate Faster Than Light Launcher instead ADW, just to get even more speed. This will be the Lightning McQueen edition. :D
  • Remove Media share system application, this is unusable without DLNA service, it's just a leftover of the DeBlur script
  • Integrate V6 SuperCharger even deeper in the ROM (it is not at 100% at the moment)

Big thanks goes to:

Screenshots (the wallpaper is not included in the release):
If you cannot see the thumbnails, take a look at my albumhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=6730.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Attachments

• 1334688247919.jpg
    1334688247919.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,008
  • 1334688305286.jpg
    1334688305286.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,451
  • 1334688332162.jpg
    1334688332162.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3,253
  • 1334688456419.jpg
    1334688456419.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 3,003
  • 1334688466586.jpg
    1334688466586.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,946
Last edited:

asn39

Jul 15, 2011
Mumbai
great news but please try to add green lense supprt better...

i appreciate your work...but please can u add more greenlense support there r many green lense users like me...i know u have a defy+ but still its a request i would love to try ur roam

M on GGL rom super smooth but notification bar does nt have toggles which i need...i tried ms2ginger but everytime in camera on zooming to maximum camera shows wiered colours cant see properly same happns with GGL rom
Also in Ms2ginger when v click camera it shows GREEN pic nly although pic is taken properly ...
Otherwise both roms are very good
u can also guide me to correct this things if possible...
Thank u will wait for ur rom

Reactions: marhensa

zed_fauji

Oct 7, 2011
New Delhi
Please make it for green lense

Please give support to green lense defy./ as in many rom it was not. so request for it. hope this rom will be awsome. waiting to download it asap.

Last edited:

Goose-T

Apr 13, 2011
Budapest
i appreciate your work...but please can u add more greenlense support there r many green lense users like me...i know u have a defy+ but still its a request i would love to try ur roam

M on GGL rom super smooth but notification bar does nt have toggles which i need...i tried ms2ginger but everytime in camera on zooming to maximum camera shows wiered colours cant see properly same happns with GGL rom
Also in Ms2ginger when v click camera it shows GREEN pic nly although pic is taken properly ...

Please give support to green lense defy./ as in many rom it was not. so request for it. hope this rom will be awsome. waiting to download it asap.

This ROM is based on MS2Ginger 3.0, so it should work on green lense too, you should follow the green lense installation guide in the MS2Ginger post, just change step 10 Select "MS2Ginger3.0" to Select "Nothing But Speed 1.0".

Arathon

Sep 18, 2011
hi can i install it over CM7.2 without flashing any sbf??

Thanks and sorry for my noobness never installed MS2Ginger.

oSandmaNo

Mar 16, 2011
Bangalore
Same question as above. Can I restore my stock nandroid(as soon as i solve the stupid hash mismatch) and then restore your nandroid?
I want to avoid flashing sbf.

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

Goose-T

Apr 13, 2011
Budapest
Same question as above. Can I restore my stock nandroid(as soon as i solve the stupid hash mismatch) and then restore your nandroid?

I think it's OK, I've installed it the same way. The SBF flashing is just there for safety reasons. Otherwise:

The ROM is now uploaded! :D

Check the first post for download link.

fiskenigaten

Jan 3, 2012
You should remove flash full sbf instructions from first post. Tell them to flash 4.5.3-109 kernel (or maybe walter's kernel) from ms2ginger thread. Defy+ owners (users on bl6) should only restore system.

We want to prevent people from getting on a higher CG versions which means no downgrade

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Goose-T

Apr 13, 2011
Budapest
You should remove flash full sbf instructions from first post. Tell them to flash 4.5.3-109 kernel (or maybe walter's kernel) from ms2ginger thread. Defy+ owners (users on bl6) should only restore system.

We want to prevent people from getting on a higher CG versions which means no downgrade

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Flashing instruction is optional and only for Defy+ users. Anyway, Defy+ phones are already on BL6 out of the factory. But I will ask walter79 in PM if I can copy the MS2Ginger installation instructions with some modifications.

marko1103

Oct 22, 2011
Zagreb
2 hours to download on 100Mbit/s network. I`m hoping someone who got this will upload to mediafire.

also, maybe to add some screenshots in the first post

Goose-T

Apr 13, 2011
Budapest
the speed is only 7-10 Kbps..... with mediafire i get 70-100 kbps

Up to mediafire or ge.tt please..

2 hours to download on 100Mbit/s network. I`m hoping someone who got this will upload to mediafire.

also, maybe to add some screenshots in the first post

I've uploaded it to ge.tt, and updated the link in the first post! Also added screenshots!

Last edited:
Reactions: pabloltg

Sidz4u

Aug 26, 2011
Universal deblur presently supports only ceratin moto phones and defy is not in the list.
So would you tell which other phone's script did u integrate into this defy rom ? :/

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4283_nbs_rom.jpg

So I decided to make a ROM to my own taste. I've tried several CM7.2 builds, but I just could not get the UI as smooth as it is in the stock ROM or MS2Ginger, it was always somewhat choppy. Then I tried MS2Ginger, which was smooth as a baby's botty, but had some problems related to the well-known Defy SD card bug. This bug now has a fix called mmcfix. The Blur bloatware was also annoying. So here's my new ROM's features:

Express installation for Defy+ MB526:
    1. Flash BL6 2.3.6 SBF, root it and install 2ndInit - this step is not needed if your kernel version is 2.6.32.9-gbdd614e and you have 2ndInit/CWM already installed
    2. Copy the Nothing But Speed 1.0 folder in the archive to your SD card's clockworkmod/backup folder
    3. Do a full wipe from custom recovery
    4. Restore it with from CWM with advanced restore/system
    5. Enjoy!

Recommended SBF for Defy+: DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-132 (I use it too)

Detailed installation steps for every Defy and Defy+:
    Based on walter79's MS2Ginger installation guide

To begin:

1. For all Defy and Defy+: Put the Nandroid backup folder Nothing But Speed 1.0 on the SDCard in this folder: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
    2. For Defy with bayer (red) camera and Froyo kernel: Put "Defy-4.5.3-109_DPP-11-kernel-update.zip" to the root of your sdcard
    3. For Defy with soc (green) camera and Froyo kernel: Put "MS2Ginger-Greenbread.zip" to the root of your sdcard

-------------------------------------------------------
    For all Defy and Defy+

1. Install Froyo or Gingerbread Motorola rom (Froyo for defy and a rootable Gingerbread for Defy+)
    2. Root your DEFY and Install BOOTMENU - CWM (2ndInit-Installer 2.0.apk (CWM-Recovery >5.0.3.1 is needed for restore the Nothing But Speed backup)
    3. REBOOT
    4. run 2nd-init (voldown on blue LED)
    5. Go to "Recovery"
    6. Go to "Latest or Stable or Custom Recovery"
    7. "wipe data and cache"
    8. Go to "Backup and Restore"
    9. Go to "Advanced Restore"
    10. Select "Nothing But Speed 1.0"
    11. "restore system"

Defy with bayer (red) camera and Froyo kernel:

2. select and install "Defy-4.5.3-109_DPP-11-kernel-update.zip"

Defy with soc (green) camera and Froyo kernel:

2. select and install "MS2Ginger-Greenbread.zip"

For all Defy and Defy+

1. reboot.
    2. run 2nd-init (voldown on blue LED)
    3. Go to "System"
    4. Go to "Overclock"
    5. increase VSel3 to 58 (GREENBREADMOD-with froyo kernel / SOC camera) or set CLK3 to 800 (Gingerbread kernel)
    6. reboot
    7. Booting up can take a while, max is about 10 minutes.
    8. Charge your phone to 100% and keep it charging for min 1.5 hour after.
    9. Calibrate your battery using the pre installed apps.
    10. optional for SOC-CAMERA-GREEN-LENS-DEFY with GreenbreadMod --> increase VSel3 and CLK3 to 58/1000

How to make sure that mmcfix is working
    1. Enter bootmenu at startup (press volume down when the led lights up in blue)
    2. Enter System/Overclock there
    3. Set Load all modules to Enabled
    4. Choose Save
    5. Reboot your phone
    When you set it, make sure also that the CPU governor is set to Ondemand, because I've tried Smartass, but it hanged at the Motorola logo.

FIXED SBFs / kernel

Defy/Defy+ - 4.5.2-109-DHT-22-fixed.sbf: http://ms2ginger.4shared.com latest kernel

Defy red/Defy+ - 4.5.2-109_DHT-22 kernel only: 4.5.2-109_DHT-22-kernel.zip (latest kernel) recalibrate your battery after this update

Defy/Defy+ - 4.5.3-109fixed.sbf: http://ms2ginger.4shared.com

Defy red lens / Defy+ - 4.5.3-109fixed.sbf via install zip from sdcard in CWM-recovery:
    4.5.3-109fixed-sbf-via-update.zip

NOTE: this ROM is tested only on Defy+ yet, but should work on Defy too.

>>> Download from here. <<<
    Alternative link

I assume no liability for any damage to your phone!

My plans for the next release:
    • Integrate Faster Than Light Launcher instead ADW, just to get even more speed. This will be the Lightning McQueen edition. :D
    • Remove Media share system application, this is unusable without DLNA service, it's just a leftover of the DeBlur script
    • Integrate V6 SuperCharger even deeper in the ROM (it is not at 100% at the moment)

Big thanks goes to:

Screenshots (the wallpaper is not included in the release):
    If you cannot see the thumbnails, take a look at my albumhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=6730.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

I think it's OK, I've installed it the same way. The SBF flashing is just there for safety reasons. Otherwise:

The ROM is now uploaded! :D

Check the first post for download link.
    Any stable CM7.2 for Defy+ (MB526)

Appreciate your recommendationssssss

Quarx's nightly builds are completely stable - http://quarx2k.ru/cm7-nightly-defy+/

Goose-T, sorry for off-topic!
    great news but please try to add green lense supprt better...

Can i work from your Rom???

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk 2

Yes, of course!