• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][MIUI][1.12.16] MIUI v4.0 NS4G | ICS

Search This thread

zeeraf

Mar 25, 2008
New York
so i tried the first 4.0 that swamp had posted in the other thread but needed wifi so now im back ..... i know the lockscreen wallpaper is an issue but i cant seem to change the regular wallpaper either and my gallery is blank .... i cant access any of my pictures

EDIT: i got it nevermind but i was trying to re arrange the dock and i misplaced my browser , anyone know where it could go ??

Last edited:

HateMeILoveIt

Jul 2, 2011
Fresno, CA
Dudes,

I successfully ported MIUI 4.0 from the Scottish MIUI realease. Wifi, 3g, Bluetooth, Market; all working flawlessly. It really was not hard, considering I did all the work on my phone and did not even need a pc. So, I really don't see what all the hoopla is about regarding porting. Your thoughts...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLOOOOOOOOOPPLLLLLLLLLLOOLLLLL!!

YOUS A *****!

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using xda premium

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
Seriously though, I was not hating. I was mearly commenting on how demanding we users can be to the developers about release dates and features. I couldn't find a crespo4g MIUI ICS rom so I ported my first rom. I was surprised on the simplicity of porting to an unintended platform. So, hater... me? No...problems...no...there are only solutions.

Sent from my Nexus S
4g using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325112880733.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325112880733.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325112901340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325112901340.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 122

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
Seriously though, I was not hating. I was mearly commenting on how demanding we users can be to the developers about release dates and features. I couldn't find a crespo4g MIUI ICS rom so I ported my first rom. I was surprised on the simplicity of porting to an unintended platform. So, hater... me? No...problems...no...there are only solutions.

Sent from my Nexus S
4g using xda premium

Like I said, congratulations on your port. Seriously.

The only reason I took such a strong defense was because I felt as if you were coming at me directly, and talking negatively of my ability to port roms. I did not mean for things to get hostile. Sorry.

Now back on topic; The update will most likely be posted on Miui.us, so check there.

Last edited:

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
I accept your apology. I am sorry for not using concise language that would have discribed the true intent of my post. After all , it is not about us but it is about furthering known limits of the linux platform.

-Brady Patrick

Sent from my Nexus S
4g using xda premium

bnitty

Dec 18, 2010
Lawrence, KS
how's this working. I have a flashing itch that needs to be scratched. I had been on Brainmasters Miui from July until around Thanksgiving. ICS got me addicted. no going back lol

courtesy of my AOSP ICS'd Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

bdawg31

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta
how's this working. I have a flashing itch that needs to be scratched. I had been on Brainmasters Miui from July until around Thanksgiving. ICS got me addicted. no going back lol

courtesy of my AOSP ICS'd Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Actually, look for it with an hour from now. Loose end cleanup.

Sent from my Nexus S
4g using xda premium

Last edited:

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
This is entirely incorrect.

You are correct. In the beginning when the evo came out and the epic shortly after the charge was for 4g. But then sprint changed it since they suck big balls and can't get 4g working everywhere (can't even get 3g to work ugh ) they changed it to premium data charge for ALL smart phones (android,blackberry,wp7 so on) so its no longer a "4g" charge.

craigbailey1986

Apr 13, 2010
Conley
Hey I couldnt get the market to work at all... no apps would download, gonna try a fresh install and see what happens... anyone else running this?

Edit

Also this rom does not have root access...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

--== Miui ICS NS4G 1.12.16 ==--​

**About the rom**

I didn't see MIUI ICS for the ns4g, so I decided to change that.

This is ported from the latest MIUI ICS on the gsm Nexus s, 1.12.16

This is not official, and I have nothing to do with miui.us, I am just eager for the new MIUI.

-= The Goods =-

-Android 4.0.3 ICS
    -Latest ICS OTA kernel ( 3.0.13 ) from the thread here
    -kernel has all the voodoo's ;)
    -MIUI v4.0 ICS
    -I actually got wifi and bluetooth working in a port ;)

-= Current Bugs =-

-Theme Manager is messed up
    -cant change lockscreen wallpaper

-At this point almost all things are working, other than these 2 small theme bugs

FOR SCREENSHOTS JUST GO TO MIUI.US, MOST OF US KNOW WHAT MIUI LOOKS LIKE

OHHHHHHH!

The guy that I was going to buy the sgsII from sold it, as I was on my way to meet him. So i'll be keeping my nexus s, and stickin around bringing ports and stuff ..

Yo I still fighting for 4g so I'll let y'all know when I post it. :)

I haven't downloaded it yet, thanks for fixing that error so quickly. I wanted to ask if this will be updated weekly or if its just a ROM for fun?

Im such a flashaholic

Well im moving to the epic touch, so i wont have a device to test this one..

but yes i will update it weekly if people are willing to test for me :)

Dudes,

I successfully ported MIUI 4.0 from the Scottish MIUI realease. Wifi, 3g, Bluetooth, Market; all working flawlessly. It really was not hard, considering I did all the work on my phone and did not even need a pc. So, I really don't see what all the hoopla is about regarding porting. Your thoughts...

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLOOOOOOOOOPPLLLLLLLLLLOOLLLLL!!

YOUS A *****!

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    Dudes,

My thoughts...

My port was not hard, I did all the work on my laptop, and did not even need my phone.. The hooopla is that we didnt have a ns4g ics miui yet, and i got it running.. and then posted it.. therefore i created this hoopla..

so.. you are basically saying that you got the same port running, with all the same functionality.. nice