• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Miui 10 Global Open Beta based on Android P 8.9.20

Search This thread

mateszka

Jan 23, 2008
Last edited:
Reactions: anonyxr

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
I really thought they fixed the notifications not showing up in 8.9.20, however - Hangouts Chat, Allo Chat, probably others... do NOT show notifications of ANY kind. The screen will just light up if you have ambient notifications turned on , but nothing in the notifications bar, no sound, no vibration, NADA. You have to open your apps to see anything. I guess they only fixed MMS and GMAIL notifications not showing up on the lock screen and didn't care about anything else. "OK GOOGLE" is STILL not able to activate, and SIM CARD ACTIVATION STILL has to be manually muted because it never activates -nor needs to. Android AUTO does work with full screen now, however-when you play audio -even though it plays from the Stereo Head Unit, the phone internally thinks it's from the speaker instead of the USB-C device.

I realize this is 'Developer' Beta, however -we need the basics fixed before adding anything extra or fixing cosmetic issues. I'm beginning to think our phone will be obsoleted before we get a functioning ROM with the BASIC NECESSITIES for a PHONE.

anonyxr

May 6, 2017
I really thought they fixed the notifications not showing up in 8.9.20, however - Hangouts Chat, Allo Chat, probably others... do NOT show notifications of ANY kind. The screen will just light up if you have ambient notifications turned on , but nothing in the notifications bar, no sound, no vibration, NADA. You have to open your apps to see anything. I guess they only fixed MMS and GMAIL notifications not showing up on the lock screen and didn't care about anything else. "OK GOOGLE" is STILL not able to activate, and SIM CARD ACTIVATION STILL has to be manually muted because it never activates -nor needs to. Android AUTO does work with full screen now, however-when you play audio -even though it plays from the Stereo Head Unit, the phone internally thinks it's from the speaker instead of the USB-C device.

I realize this is 'Developer' Beta, however -we need the basics fixed before adding anything extra or fixing cosmetic issues. I'm beginning to think our phone will be obsoleted before we get a functioning ROM with the BASIC NECESSITIES for a PHONE.
Yes I agreed with you, they are not fixing the crucial bugs for daily drivers. And yet they are adding more bugs than ever. You can read my review on this update here. Pretty disappointing.
http://en.miui.com/thread-3927723-1-1.html

nukeclears

Jul 26, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

I fixed the Allo by unregistering my phone number and then readding this. However this will delete all your conversation history...

Edit: aaand it stopped again, back to stable it is.

Last edited:

youngchaos

Jul 15, 2013
Rome

The fact is that beta-tester in beta-team are really noobs. And i dont say it to flame but because i've read some post they made like this:

"my Mi8 now in Miui10 Global Beta and bootloader unlocked, How can I install miui10 stable and relock the bootloader?

Thanks for help"

This post was on MIUI forum from a BETA-TESTER MEMBER. I've asked to became beta-tester since i've reported already 4 SERIOUS bug but they didnt answer.

Reactions: anonyxr

anonyxr

May 6, 2017
The fact is that beta-tester in beta-team are really noobs. And i dont say it to flame but because i've read some post they made like this:

This post was on MIUI forum from a BETA-TESTER MEMBER. I've asked to became beta-tester since i've reported already 4 SERIOUS bug but they didnt answer.
I agree with you brother, some beta tester looks really dumb and didn't suit to be one. I've also tried helping Mi 8 community by posting reviews, reporting bugs over MIUI forum and already applied to be beta tester but till now no reply from them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, what about anti roll back?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

getvar anti = 1, same as the other PIE versions.

That's mean we can't go back to last oreo beta or stable MIUI 10?
    V9.6.7.0.OEAMIFD: :: set CURRENT_ANTI_VER = 1 (flash_all.bat)
    10.0.2.0 OEAMIFH: :: set CURRENT_ANTI_VER = 1 (flash_all.bat)
    8.9.20 globális béta: :: set CURRENT_ANTI_VER = 1 (flash_all. bat)
    All version =1
    Based on the description there is no ARB: https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/

"my Mi8 now in Miui10 Global Beta and bootloader unlocked, How can I install miui10 stable and relock the bootloader?

Thanks for help"