[ROM] MIUI 8 OnePlus 3 [6.0.1]

Search This thread

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
The rom might be based on oxygen os or hydrogen os and maybe they use patched stock kernel :) Just guess, I don't know for real.
P. S. - Kernel version should be "oneplus@ubuntu" in "about phone" tab if they use stock kernel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrDeacon

Oct 11, 2010
Enviken
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Buddy just add your google account through setting> account it will work fine,

Also Dash charge works confirm...

What did you use to setup Google services? I tried both the APK posted in this thread, and a regular Open Gapps package. Both gave me the same result; constatly crashing Gapps. Play store, contact sync and so on works, but I'm getting bombarded with crash reports.

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Okay huge recap.

I've been trying to get used to it for the last 10 hours.

It's the chinesse port, not a GLOBAL port.

Which means that every proprietary applications are in chinesse.

Themes, music player, browsers etc.

Themes wont let you see proper themes.

Stock SuperUser doesnt work.

I tried to install the xposed module to get the themes that are not verified to install, it didnt work neither.

The whole experience is great and it runs great.

But we need a global version of this, and the chinesse crap version.
Better than global (from my past experience with xiaomi phones/ miui roms) would be debloated version of chinese rom
Something like guys at xiaomi.eu are doing..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using XDA-Developers mobile app

murat669

Jun 26, 2015
How is the battery life? It is better than oxygen with elementalx?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Working great here.

There are some issues you will have to work through to get it working nicely that I recommend:

1) Use Google apps installer v2 (Google it) to install Google stuff. Don't flash Gapps. Set up account. Reboot. Remove account reboot and re-add. Don't ask why.

2) As it's Chinese rom base, the browser is just a mess. As soon as you can, replace with Chrome or otherwise.

3) Flash latest SuperSU if you want Superuser. The rom built in version isn't enabled.

4) The default keyboard is awful. Use Google keyboard.

Can't think of too much more. The Chinese base means we get full access to the latest themes. Some of them are actually really good. So I wouldn't actually prefer a Global rom base for that reason alone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Flamehell

Jun 3, 2013
London
Working great here.

There are some issues you will have to work through to get it working nicely that I recommend:

1) Use Google apps installer v2 (Google it) to install Google stuff. Don't flash Gapps. Set up account. Reboot. Remove account reboot and re-add. Don't ask why.

2) As it's Chinese rom base, the browser is just a mess. As soon as you can, replace with Chrome or otherwise.

3) Flash latest SuperSU if you want Superuser. The rom built in version isn't enabled.

4) The default keyboard is awful. Use Google keyboard.

Can't think of too much more. The Chinese base means we get full access to the latest themes. Some of them are actually really good. So I wouldn't actually prefer a Global rom base for that reason alone.

Sorry buddy,dash charging is working....and what about the camera?Is it the oos camera?Will you recomend this rom over for exemple,cm?Tnx buddy :good:

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Sorry buddy,dash charging is working....and what about the camera?Is it the oos camera?Will you recomend this rom over for exemple,cm?Tnx buddy :good:
Haven't been able to test dash charge yet as charger is at home, but I assume this is a patch rom made from stock rom so it probably does..

Camera is MIUI camera only, but I see now reason why the OOS ported camera wouldn't work.

I would definitely recommend over CM. MIUI is a breath of fresh air when all AOSP/CM ROMs (no offense) all kind of look and feel the same. The MIUI OS is totally different and the themes are awesome (many aren't free however).

Just sort it how you like it which takes a bit longer than with a CM ROM and you'll enjoy it.

It is very fast and fluid.

Reactions: saumil25

LELBOT

May 28, 2013
Chandigarh
I wont try miui ports again

MIUI is the buggiest piece of OS there is available in the android market. Even on the official devices(Xiaomi)

Okay huge recap.

I tried to install the xposed module to get the themes that are not verified to install, it didnt work neither.

- rep
bad experience for me
every google app fc for me sometimes
cant understand Chinese stuff as whole rom is Chinese based
open gapps pico didnt worked for me
alert slider isnt working

+rep
dash charge is working but not close to 3450 mah charges
smooth stuff

10/10 i wont recommend this ching chong stuff.

Moving back to Hydrogen OS

Peace

Flamehell

Jun 3, 2013
London
Haven't been able to test dash charge yet as charger is at home, but I assume this is a patch rom made from stock rom so it probably does..

Camera is MIUI camera only, but I see now reason why the OOS ported camera wouldn't work.

I would definitely recommend over CM. MIUI is a breath of fresh air when all AOSP/CM ROMs (no offense) all kind of look and feel the same. The MIUI OS is totally different and the themes are awesome (many aren't free however).

Just sort it how you like it which takes a bit longer than with a CM ROM and you'll enjoy it.

Tnx buddy!!So i think that you will use this as daily driver i suppose.....and what about updates?Is there an ota app or what?Tnx a lot :)

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
- rep
bad experience for me

+rep
smooth stuff

Peace
I'm kind of fed up seeing MIUI take a bad rep on XDA because of a butt hurt past. Your problems are not problems I have so you shouldn't be sitting telling everyone how awful it is because you don't know how to sort those issues.

A: don't install Google apps from TWRP, you need to use Google apps installer v2
B: apply a different theme, this will correct the Chinese text in the clock and status bar as well as lock screen (there is an "Android N" theme which works perfectly fine.
C: don't use stock browser or keyboard. Both easily replaceable once you have Google apps working.

P.s. Ching Chong sounds racist to me. This is not the place for that kind of chat.

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Tnx buddy!!So i think that you will use this as daily driver i suppose.....and what about updates?Is there an ota app or what?Tnx a lot :)
Because it's a custom built patch rom you usually have to wait for them to update it. Then you just dirty flash on top. I'm sure someone will provide the links for the updates. Point to note, MIUI update their OS every week.

vimi93

Oct 7, 2011
DNH UT

Bro

As I read in previous comments, themes can not be downloaded, can you plz confirm if themes app working properly, and is there any way to load miui 8 themes from local storage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3​
    bde845f2a4.png

ATTENTION:
    THIS IS NOT MY ROM
    This ROM it's the CHINESE version, not the GLOBAL!

Prerequisites:
    - Root:
    You need to have root access on your Oneplus 3 to flash Miui V8.
    - Battery:
    Charge your OnePlus3 85% so that you wont encounter any battery related problems while updating it.
    - Unlocked bootloader:
    You must have a unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 3 to flash this rom.
    - Recovery:
    You need a custom recovery like twrp installed on your device.

Go here for an All-in-one kit for root, unlock bootloader, and flash recovery. Thanks to @ahmedradaideh

How to flash:
    - Download MIUI v8 for OnePlus 3 and place it in a folder which can be easily accessible on device internal storage.
    - Reboot into TWRP using button combination and make a nandroid backup. (Optional)
    - Wipe cache,system and data partitions.
    - Click on install and select MIUI v8 rom zip file and flash it.

How to install GApps:
    Google apps installer v2 (apk):
    http://xiaomitips.com/download/google-installer-app/
    (Create Google account, reboot, remove Google account, reboot, create Google account again) thanks @kickassdave

Code:
    Bugs:
    ...wip...

13770358_1116306251789740_8756744111892389505_n.jpg
    13769337_1116306345123064_4973438708579677361_n.jpg

Tweaks and Tips:
    - Xposed for MIUI: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-miui-t3367634
    - Module for Xposed and MIUI: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/xmiui-xposed-module-miui-7-tweaking-t3394130
    - SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu-stable

Thanks to @siankatabg @t2jbird @LELBOT @thanhnvt194

Source: http://www.oneplusbbs.com/thread-2841167-1-1.html
    - rep
    bad experience for me

+rep
    smooth stuff

Peace
    I'm kind of fed up seeing MIUI take a bad rep on XDA because of a butt hurt past. Your problems are not problems I have so you shouldn't be sitting telling everyone how awful it is because you don't know how to sort those issues.

A: don't install Google apps from TWRP, you need to use Google apps installer v2
    B: apply a different theme, this will correct the Chinese text in the clock and status bar as well as lock screen (there is an "Android N" theme which works perfectly fine.
    C: don't use stock browser or keyboard. Both easily replaceable once you have Google apps working.

P.s. Ching Chong sounds racist to me. This is not the place for that kind of chat.

Okay huge recap.

could someone upload this file to mega or drive?

here you go

my baidu acc:mohsen8 pass:1990123406 if any one want to download from baidu enjoy
    I have mod ROM base on miui 6.9.8 from dev Wu Lin
    since no more update from him. (his release diff. rom base on hydrogen) the rom become global and update to last official miui.eu v6.9.29.
    Bug:
    - camera still same with v6.9.8
    - first boot always popup error google keyboard, for fix use sogu keyboard, finish setup and go to google play, update the google keyboard.
    - another popup related to display setting (still find for fix it) but never show up after that.
    Installation:
    read first page, same procedure
    no need google installer, is already incl in ROM
    rom link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyU8uo_aVO5Zk41MUJlOVk1aWs/view?usp=sharing
    Note:
    if any bug, error etc with this rom, please find the answer by google for solution or discuss with others members. Since i created this rom during spare time in working and not capable to discuss it. thanks.