[ROM][MIUI][citrus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for POCO M3

Noru29

Jul 13, 2017
I'm referring to the Launcher that comes installed on Xiaomi Mi phones. Poco phones use poco launcher that is inferior in fluidity.
There exists a mod that brings the system launcher from mi phones to poco. This requires Magisk and can be found on Telegram
I had a Redmi note 9S and I don't see any difference between them, except than previous versions were not optimized, this one seems really better.

After installing this rom, how can I update to latest version 12.0.4 but not not fastboot zip
This ROM (12.0.4) is the first one for TWRP or OrangeFox.

Personnaly I had problems to install this ROM correctly, but after several tests, the best way is to install OrangeFox (no problem to read encrypted phones contrary to TWRP who didn't ask me password to unlock). After that clean data partition, reboot in recovery and install the last EU ROM.

I had problems to install Magisk on this ROM, the best way was to patch the boot.img from the rom into Magisk and inject the new boot.img into the zip archive. It works great and passed SafetyNet without MagiskHide Props.

PS: don't try to save configuration of OrangeFox before installing the ROM.... when it encrypted the partition, it will erased everything, but you can do it after the first launch of your ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: V.R.Baesic

huuthaobmt

Sep 15, 2019
I installed completely normal EU(xiaomi.eu) rom 12.0.4.zip + Magisk 21.2.zip through this TWRP:
And I want to ask, can POCO M3 use the same rom with Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G China?
Since I have read that POCO M3 kernel and Redmi Note9 4G is one, and they share the same hardware configuration. I have not dared to try to install rom from Note 9 4G to Poco M3 for fear of errors.
Sympathy because English is not good, I use google translate. Thanks all !!!

carlshark

Jul 9, 2012
Why can't I activate 5ghz wifi...
I can access my home router's 5GHz band with no problems.

For anyone else who wants to see the Xiaomi.EU 12.0.4.0 in action, I made a short screen recording here. I clean flashed using OrangeFox Recovery. Also, Magisk 21.3 can be installed (haven't tried the newly released 21.4) and SafetyNet passes without any issues.

Reactions: RXT00

jmfb55

Sep 26, 2020
You will see 5Ghz without do anything.
Look at which channels your router is broadcasting in 5Ghz and put them in 36-40 if they are not (they may be in a band that the mobile cannot see in your country).
If after this you still don't see 5Ghz wifi ... Try changing the region of the mobile, put USA for example, restart and try to search for Wi-Fi networks.

netreign

Jul 29, 2012
You will see 5Ghz without do anything.
Look at which channels your router is broadcasting in 5Ghz and put them in 36-40 if they are not (they may be in a band that the mobile cannot see in your country).
If after this you still don't see 5Ghz wifi ... Try changing the region of the mobile, put USA for example, restart and try to search for Wi-Fi networks.
I switched Region. It did not show 5 Ghz options

Reactions: slidinggoat

BoboPS2

Oct 13, 2013
Update from ota is possible only with recovery...try orenge fox
I'm sorry I did not understand. so I'm obliged to install "xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOM3_V12.0.4.0.QJFMIXM_v12-10.zip" via orangfox recovery or is this one I installed via fastboot already European? (I installed this: xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOM3_V12.0.3.0.QJFMIXM_v12-10-fastboot.zip)

a confirmation, this rom has the xiaomi dialer and not google? Thanks

netreign

Jul 29, 2012
I'm sorry I did not understand. so I'm obliged to install "xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOM3_V12.0.4.0.QJFMIXM_v12-10.zip" via orangfox recovery or is this one I installed via fastboot already European? (I installed this: xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOM3_V12.0.3.0.QJFMIXM_v12-10-fastboot.zip)

a confirmation, this rom has the xiaomi dialer and not google? Thanks
No xiaomi dialer... Unfortunately by me!