• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][odin] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MIX 4

Search This thread

numero

Feb 19, 2008
Hi all. I have unlock the bootloader and downloaded the ROM for my Mix 4 ... but the installation scripts are missing after unpacking. I have ticked Unblock, Apply and Save and have downloaded the files multiple times. Disabled SmartScreen, change setting in Group policy in Win10 but still not working. Any help here is appreciated.

numero

Feb 19, 2008
After flashing the ROM and logging in .. Google is informing that Pixel 2 has logged in. Hmmm .. I thought I got hacked but signing out and back in again, it's still Pixel 2 and Google sent a Welcome to the Pixel Family email .. lol.

EnzoG54

Mar 16, 2015
Hello. Got my Mi MIX 4 yesterday and currently on latest china stable rom. Having issues with notifications being delayed and sometimes just shows up when I open the app itself. Setting Auto start on and removing battery restrictions doesn't help either.

Does this rom fix those issues? Currently waiting for days to unlock bootloader.

Boy_314

Aug 23, 2014
San Jose
Hello. Got my Mi MIX 4 yesterday and currently on latest china stable rom. Having issues with notifications being delayed and sometimes just shows up when I open the app itself. Setting Auto start on and removing battery restrictions doesn't help either.

Does this rom fix those issues? Currently waiting for days to unlock bootloader.

I just flashed the EU rom and rooted. I am having trouble with missing Discord notifications in particular. Other apps have no issues with notifications. Wondering if anyone else has similar issues with me. I enabled auto start and disabled battery restrictions as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having problems installing the latest 12.5.9 xiaomi.eu rom to Mix 4 using TWRP. Have tried two versions of TWRP (mifirm.net and unofficial Twrp) and neither lets me install latest mix 4 stable ROM . I flashed TWRP, wiped the phone, format(yes), and adb push the zip file to the /data/ partition but when I run the rom zip in TWRP I always get an error. Not sure if this is relevant but even though I have done a format, when it fails and if I reboot to system, it re-installs the weekly version rom I had on it previously I've done this process dozens of times before but have I done something wrong this time? Any help would be great! Pictures of error attached.

Your problem was caused by an old update-binary that doesn't support the EROFS filesystem of MIX 4. The attached file has been extracted from one of the Project-ICE builds. Download and unzip it, replace xiaomi.eu_multi_MIX4_V12.5.9.0.RKMCNXM_v12-11.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary with the one. And then recompress, flash it.

Screenshot_2021-10-12-08-59-52.png
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MIX 4

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for odin is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)
    Your problem was caused by an old update-binary that doesn't support the EROFS filesystem of MIX 4. The attached file has been extracted from one of the packages of Project-ICE. Download and unzip it, replace xiaomi.eu_multi_MIX4_V12.5.9.0.RKMCNXM_v12-11.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary with it. And then recompress, flash it.

View attachment 5431409
    Thanks so much for this. I will do it this evening and report back.
    So literally just unzip it and rezip it nothing else?
    Aye. Just uncheck ZIP signature verification (if checked), since the ZIP will be unsigned (if you don't sign it yourself after recompression).