Says 1.9.2 here too but haven't tried animations yes

Nope on off animations doesn't work

Sent from my Ideos x5

Last edited:

stockwell

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
Hmm...is it just me or is the latest release is still 1.9.2..? Downloaded the latest 1 and flashed it, it shows 1.9.2, and the animation isn't working either. o_O

Install must have failed for some reason. I'll double check to make sure the zip I uploaded is fine.

edit: **** I uploaded the wrong file!

Last edited:

Vk_

Jun 23, 2011
Yup, same 1.9.2 here. Another thing that is the same is superuser; still gives permissions automatically based on old settings, no need to enable anything.

Sent from my u8800 using xda premium

mesnati

Jun 13, 2011
Yup, same 1.9.2 here. Another thing that is the same is superuser; still gives permissions automatically based on old settings, no need to enable anything.

Sent from my u8800 using xda premium

I guess we'll have to wait for "real" 1.9.9 MIUI ;)

I am just wondering about status bar automatic backlight bug ... is it resolved in new version?

Thanks!

stockwell

Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
I guess we'll have to wait for "real" 1.9.9 MIUI ;)

I am just wondering about status bar automatic backlight bug ... is it resolved in new version?

Thanks!

Yeah that's fixed now.

Edit: Okay it's reuploaded. Good thing I had a little extra time to test it too, turns out the CM sensor service wasn't working very well so I reverted back to dzo's one.

Last edited:

j4niS

Jan 5, 2011
Yeah that's fixed now.

Edit: Okay it's reuploaded. Good thing I had a little extra time to test it too, turns out the CM sensor service wasn't working very well so I reverted back to dzo's one.

thank man for creating this latest MIUI :)

usb tethering still not work ya?also how about the overclock?is it still on default clock? do i need to applied overclock kernel again?

big thanks :)

stockwell

Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
Basically it's the software that allows apps to talk to the sensors. By CM sensor service I mean the code from cyanogenmod, rather than dzo's (which if I'm not mistaken is based on the one from CAF and then modified to support Froyo sensors).

thank man for creating this latest MIUI :)

usb tethering still not work ya?also how about the overclock?is it still on default clock? do i need to applied overclock kernel again?

big thanks :)

I'm not sure what you mean by the overclock kernel. By default it is overclocked to 1GHz, and can go up to 1.6GHz, you can set the overclock using x5 settings.

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
Yeah that's fixed now.

Isn't it miui bug? I see some post about that problem. And its mentioned in 1.9.9 changelog.

Fixed the brightness turns into the lowest while pulling down the notification bar in Single Page Mode

mesnati

Jun 13, 2011
Stockwell!
802.1x Phase 2 Auth bug still remains ... it hasn't been saved when get back to settings. :(

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
Yeah it was a bug in the MIUI framework. I didn't mean to imply that I fixed it if that's how you interpreted it. That's why I didn't list it in my changelog.

No i don't mean that. I ask because i wanna know is this fix other brightness fix or something.

Whatever i asked before but i guess you missed it. I need deodexed version of your source rom. I try to make a translation package for turkish user. And i can't recompile apks in your rom, but i can recompile chinise ones. When i flash that chines version apks and framework-res.apk phone stuck at the boot.

Last edited:

stockwell

Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
No i don't mean that. I ask because i wanna know is this fix other brightness fix or something.

Whatever i asked before but i guess you missed it. I need deodexed version of your source rom. I try to make a translation package for turkish user. And i can't recompile apks in your rom, but i can recompile chinise ones. When i flash that chines version apks and framework-res.apk phone stuck at the boot.

You should be able to recompile the frameworks and apps from my release. Except for the modification now to add the extra english locales to the miui.us framework all the apps and framework are taken straight from the miui.us desire z release, so I can't give you anything different than whats in this release.

I modified framework-res to add the other locales using XJ's autoapk tool and that worked fine, so if you're not using that then I suggest giving that a go. Also, learn how to use adb, you need a way to debug your work. There are a tonne of reasons why it could be bootlooping, if you know how to use adb properly then you should be able to diagnose the problem rather than just know that its looping.

j4niS

Jan 5, 2011
Basically it's the software that allows apps to talk to the sensors. By CM sensor service I mean the code from cyanogenmod, rather than dzo's (which if I'm not mistaken is based on the one from CAF and then modified to support Froyo sensors).

I'm not sure what you mean by the overclock kernel. By default it is overclocked to 1GHz, and can go up to 1.6GHz, you can set the overclock using x5 settings.

i got it..then i dont need to applied any overclock kernel anymora....hooray...(1,6ghz can be accessed using setcpu :D)

usb tether works or not?if works...then i think this is 1 step better progress on non official gingerbread roms :D

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
You should be able to recompile the frameworks and apps from my release. Except for the modification now to add the extra english locales to the miui.us framework all the apps and framework are taken straight from the miui.us desire z release, so I can't give you anything different than whats in this release.

I modified framework-res to add the other locales using XJ's autoapk tool and that worked fine, so if you're not using that then I suggest giving that a go. Also, learn how to use adb, you need a way to debug your work. There are a tonne of reasons why it could be bootlooping, if you know how to use adb properly then you should be able to diagnose the problem rather than just know that its looping.

I'm already using that tool. I can recompile the framework-res fine but some apps don't recompiled whatever i try. For ex. Contacts.apk, Systemui, mms. Even if i didn't touch anything from in it, after decompiling,recompile give the "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException" error.
I'm noob on adb, but im learning.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

Based on the Desire-Z MIUI.us release available here: http://roms.miui.us/1.10.14/MIUI.us_vision_1.10.14_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip

Known Issues
    • Wifi doesn't always work well with networks that use a hidden SSID, and not at all with hidden 802.1x EAP networks
    • Green/purple line on photos taken at 5MP resolution with the Gemini JPEG encoder enabled.
    • Phone will crash when UMS is enabled for internal storage.
    • Need to restart wifi tethering to change SSID and security settings

Thanks to Geokolar, dzo, miuiandroid.com, miui.us, Juwe11, XJ, roenano and of course Xiaomi

Downloads

Changelog:
    • Update to latest MIUI.us release, with framework modified to support additional English locales
    • Include native USB tethering from previous fixpack
    • x5settings: Update donators list (Thankyou Jan!)

Additional Features
    • Ram optimization script by Juwe11 (available here)

Installation
    1. Copy miui zip to your external sdcard
    2. Boot to clockworkmod recovery
    3. (Optional) Perform a backup. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
    4. Install zip from sdcard
    5. Important for first install Wipe data/cache.
    6. Reboot to system and enjoy. Be patient the first boot as it takes a while to build the dalvik cache and will just show a black screen for ~15 seconds.

Notes
    • Firewall is by default set to quite aggressive settings. I would suggest looking over these and turning it off if you don't need any of the features.
    • Don't use the battery usage monitor.

Thanks to those who donated to make this ROM possible:
    Ho Made, P.Santos, haydnlj, khunjj, N. Kesina, R. Rhbäck, Gefjon, bazz07, L. Luc, saran, C.Grama, sergejk, A.Robson, Trevh, Red Krawler, D. Moens, J. Goosen.
    New release up, as well as multilanguage update.

I was hoping to get the ability to customize the vdd for each frequency in x5settings but the implementation isn't totally straightforward and I wasn't happy with what I ended up with.

Anyway, enjoy.
    I'll try and get some time to do the update tonight but no promises.
    New version finally up.

Nothing really huge except for the update to the way the wifi drivers are handled.
    This won't result in faster wifi or anything, but maybe a bit better battery life.

It's significant because I was able to achieve it in a way which could be merged with CM7 source.
    Hi everyone.

I'm really sorry about this, but the time has come for me to stop developing for the U8800.

I'm sorry to any donators who feel cheated by the fact that you gave money towards this and I'm suddenly leaving. It's really beyond my control, and I hope to be back one day but this may not happen.

I have pushed the scripts I use for porting the ROM from the Desire Z to the U8800 on to github. Using that and my CM7 device tree anyone with the time, inclination and of course skill could continue on from my work fairly easily, at least just to update it every week.

If you're interested in taking on the port then please send me a PM. If you can get the script up and running and can show that you're willing to dedicate the time to update it every week then I will give you the details for the hosting.

Cheers,
    Matt.