- update OTA or not, nothing importantHi, I have just got my new mi11U, it is the CN version. It is brand new with nothing flashed or updated. I want to follow the guide to use the EU ROM and I have a few questions:
- the first step says to apply any ota updates on the stock rom. Is there any particular reason for this or can I go ahead and unlock the bootloader and flash Eu rom without updating? I read in another post on this forum that updating it will *possibly affect the wait time of the unlock process? What is the disadvantage of not applying an OTA update first?
- is it true that the bootloader unlock process is a minimum of 1 week wait time, and if so, why is there a wait time?
- is it necessary for me to root the device? If I decide to root later when everything is flashed, is it possible to root without reformatting?
- for eu rom, it is a manual update process (ie no OTA), but is the process fairly simple and I won't lose my data every time I want to update ?
- currently I see eu rom is on a12 MIUI 13 stable. As far as I understand there is no official miui13 for the ultra yet. Would it be prudent to use the last miui12 stable build and wait a bit more before going to a12?
Can someone help me with something?
How to change keyboards shortcut? its not available.Hi,
I have multiple keyboards installed, how to switch keyboards in a app?
I need to go now every time in the settings to switch my keyboards...
Example like this on other brand how it should like:
fastboot boot twrp.img
I'm flash xiaomi.eu with less job to do:Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (512Gb Chinese variant) successfully flashed from 12.5.30 to latest XiaomiEU 12.5.40.
I was following this steps (Link) (Using ORIGINAL 67W cable)
PS: What I did additionally.
After bootloader unlocked (the phone will wipe everything by it self due to the process of unlocking bootloader) however after bootup I log in to MIUI account, after activated developers settings, I saw Oem Unlocking is ON and my phone is Unlocked.
I factory reset it one more time ! Log in to my MIUI account., activated developer settings., activated debuging mode, authorize devices to PC. Restarted to Fastboot.
cmd: fastboot devices (my phone is there)
cmd: fastboot getvar current-slot
cmd: fastboot set_active a
Back to extract file folder XIaomiUE rom.
Press SHIFT and right click on windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat runs as Administrator.
PS Little advice if your phone sending superimg 1/8 too long , just press Y.
I LOVE the ROM! Thank you devs !!!