How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][star/mars] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11 Pro / Ultra

Search This thread

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Yes, same here. Seems to do some strange stuff with networks when to try. I will report it if it's not already on list. Networks work fine though thankfully.
Update, seems it's not only our phones that have this bug. Screenshot attached showed networks dropping as it returns to home page from the settings page. I have added it to the EU Xiaomi forum page.
IMG_20210501_100948.jpg

Last edited:

veimus

Jun 30, 2010
Galway
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Latest stable firmware MIUI 12.5.4.0 got many camera improvments :)

It seems that DXOMARK was able to use the new MIUI 12.5.4.0 update in advance to perform the Mi 11 Ultra test, which ranks it first place smartphones in photo.

mi-11-ultra-xiaomi-improves-the-quality-of-photos-with-the-update-dxomarkmi-11-ultra-xiaomi-improves-quality-pictures-with-the-update-dxomark-3.jpg

Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra - Credit: DXOMARK
It took more than a month for Xiaomi to correct the many problems mentioned in the first tests of the smartphone. Among these, it seems that the HDR Auto function did not work until then not correctly , which forced users not to use this option so as not to have underexposed photos.

For now, European models are stuck in update 12.0 .6.0 , which still has a lot of problems with the photo. The first tests of the smartphone in France will be carried out with this update, and will therefore probably not be very representative of the final quality.

The MIUI 12.5.4.0 update fixes most of the problems of the 'algorithm

With the MIUI 12.5.4.0 update, many Weibo users report a real jump in photo performance on the Mi 11 Ultra. Xiaomi has notably improved the colorimetry of its photos , but also their rendering in low light conditions . The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra uses the largest sensor on a high-end smartphone, the Samsung ISOCELL GN2, particularly suitable for night shots thanks to its large photosites . However, it seems that Xiaomi has not yet used the full potential of this new sensor .

According to Ice Universe, it also seems that focus is faster and more precise . Other users also report better handling hybrid zoom e, as well as less distortion in the corners of the photos in ultra wide-angle. Xiaomi also offers on the rear the same screen as the Mi Band 5 to take selfies with the back sensors .

In addition to improving the photo part, the MIUI 12.5 update also gives a facelift to the overlay of Xiaomi , since it has been almost completely rewritten . As a result, users can expect increased battery life , as well as better interface fluidity thanks to a heart specially dedicated to gestures.

The smartphone will be well marketed in France . Xiaomi yesterday unveiled a conference to be held on May 4 at 6 p.m. It is during this that the Chinese manufacturer will unveil its high-end smartphone, at a price of 1199 euros . Some internet users have reported that the smartphone has already been put on sale at the Xiaomi Sebastian store.opol in Paris a few days ago, and that it will be officially released on May 4.

mi-11-ultra--xiaomi-ameliore-la-qualite-des-photos-avec-la-mise-a-jour-dxomarkmi-11-ultra-xiaomi-ameliore-la-qualite-pictures-with-the-update-dxomark-7.jpg

DXOMARK Firmware (MIUI 12.5.4.0) - Credit: Xiaomi
Source: Weibo

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
If I'm on the EU rom and wanted to return to stock CH rom that came with the phone how would I go about that?

I'm not going to do it for any reason other then if I had to sell it, that's all.

avetny

• Jul 16, 2010
    Private Island.
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (512Gb Chinese variant) successfully flashed from 12.5.30 to latest XiaomiEU 12.5.40.
    I was following this steps (Link) (Using ORIGINAL 67W cable)

PS: What I did additionally.
    After bootloader unlocked (the phone will wipe everything by it self due to the process of unlocking bootloader) however after bootup I log in to MIUI account, after activated developers settings, I saw Oem Unlocking is ON and my phone is Unlocked.
    I factory reset it one more time ! Log in to my MIUI account., activated developer settings., activated debuging mode, authorize devices to PC. Restarted to Fastboot.

(ADMIN)
    cmd: fastboot devices (my phone is there)
    cmd: fastboot getvar current-slot
    current-slot: b

cmd: fastboot set_active a

Back to extract file folder XIaomiUE rom.

Press SHIFT and right click on windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat runs as Administrator.

DONE !

PS Little advice if your phone sending superimg 1/8 too long , just press Y.

GOOD LUCK

I LOVE the ROM! Thank you devs !!!

veimus

Jun 30, 2010
    Galway
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (512Gb Chinese variant) successfully flashed from 12.5.30 to latest XiaomiEU 12.5.40.

After bootloader unlocked (the phone will wipe everything by it self due to the process of unlocking bootloader) however after bootup I log in to MIUI account, after activated developers settings, I saw Oem Unlocking is ON and my phone is Unlocked.
    I factory reset it one more time ! Log in to my MIUI account., activated developer settings., activated debuging mode, authorize devices to PC. Restarted to Fastboot.

(ADMIN)

Press SHIFT and right click on windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat runs as Administrator.

DONE !

GOOD LUCK

I'm flash xiaomi.eu with less job to do:
    -After unlocked bootloader, phone boots up, when you get to home screen, reboot to fast boot and connect to PC (didn't login to miui account, and didn't factory reset again)
    -unzip xiaomi.eu ROM package, run "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat " as Administrator
    -wait till everything will be flashed, no need to set_active slot, as this is already done by script.

Don't know why nobody fallows original tutorial from xiaomi.eu here in first post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi-11-pro-ultra.4260617/

Also very happy from xiaomi.eu ROM ;)

boober78

• Mar 4, 2009
    Luxembourg
    www.maciek.photos
    -After unlocked bootloader, phone boots up, when you get to home screen, reboot to fast boot and connect to PC (didn't login to miui account, and didn't factory reset again)
    -unzip xiaomi.eu ROM package, run "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat " as Administrator
    -wait till everything will be flashed, no need to set_active slot, as this is already done by script.

Don't know why nobody fallows original tutorial from xiaomi.eu here in first post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi-11-pro-ultra.4260617/

Exactly like that

avetny

• Jul 16, 2010
    Private Island.
    Guys now if i want to comeback to stock Chinese rom, the lastest fastboot rom there is V12.0.13.0.
    Whats the best way to comeback to stock ?

(Noticed YouTube not working in 120Hz refresh rate, I can fix it but is going back after restart, any way to force 120 always?

I found how to fix it check screenshot)

Attachments

• IMG_20210505_215738.jpg
      IMG_20210505_215738.jpg
      398.3 KB · Views: 43
    Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello everyone, I have a global version device, if I want to unlock the bootloader,install twrp and root is the guide on the first page updated for the global unit? Will I occur into signal\5g\ hotspot issues or it wirks flawlessy as stock experience?
      Everything works on the EU stable

I did a 5g speed test yesterday in a mall , 350/100 which is faster than most wired connections in my country

Also wasn't in line of sight with the 5g mast so it's possible I may have gotten a faster speed outside

It uses about 0.5 GB of data to run a speed test on 5G so I have only tested it a couple of times to check it's working
      I flashes the new 12.5.7 update STABLE yesterday. I'm seeing high battery usage of Android System and Cell standby. Anyway to fix this? Barely getting 4 hours SOT. With 12.5.4 was getting better results.
      Hmmm, I'm also on 12.5.7 Stable, I also see Android System is on second place, but after ~4h30min SOT i have around 50% battery left. Maybe because i'm on 60Hz, and FHD+ screen resolution to save batter, and rear display- off :)

Screenshot_2021-05-26-09-44-43-870_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
      Could somebody explain to me what's MI unlock in developer options, please?
      That's the toggle used to unlock the bootloader in combination with the miulock app
      Hi there !

Sorry but, after flashing twrp.img, there is no next steps ? How do we "enter" twrp please ? :)
      Turn off your phone, and press power and wolume up the same time. It will open twrp( or recovery if twrp is not installed)
      Turn off your phone, and press power and wolume up the same time. It will open twrp( or recovery if twrp is not installed)
      Thank you very much ! ^^
      How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11 Pro / Ultra

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for star/mars is released TWRP RELEASED

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
      - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
      - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
      - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
      - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
      D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
      - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
      - Connect to PC via original USB cable
      - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
      For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
      For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
      - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
      - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
      - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
      - Connect to PC via USB cable
      - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
      For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
      For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
      Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
      Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
      You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

-----------EDIT 20.5.2021--------------

Since weekly 21.5.20 and Stable 12.5.7.0, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11Pro/Ultra..

TWRP install via fastboot command
      Code:
      fastboot boot twrp.img
      To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11Pro/Ultra mars/star

For install ROM, just select in TWRP - Install - ROM zip - reboot

Enjoy.. :)
      For me installation of xiaomi.eu ROM on Chines version Mi11 Ultra was very easy.

- unlock bootloader in MiUnlock
      - unpack xiaomi firmware file "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.3.0.RKACNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip"
      - reboot and connect phone in fastboot mode
      - run script inside unpacked ROM folder "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"
      - wait till ROM will be flashed, that's it :)
      I just also managed to flash my Mi 11 Ultra (CN version), using the instructions from the below post:

I went from CN 12.5.2 to .EU 12.5.3. Don't know how important the slot setting commands were (they felt quite important), but I managed to avoid bricking, so can't have hurt.

First impressions:
      - V nice and smooth - feels as refined as I'd hoped
      - Google integration seems perfect
      - GPay still working. Haven't re-installed bank apps yet, but no reason to think they won't work.
      - Google Discover now working if I swipe left from home screen (had to change a setting to enable) - v happy about that
      - Calendar app icon now a lot neater (day doesn't stretch right to each edge of the icon)
      - Only quirk so far (as reported elsewhere): Google Maps is using its old app icon - I can live with that..!
      yes, com.xiaomi.misubscreenui is rear display..

(ADMIN)

DONE !

GOOD LUCK