[ROM][MIUI][surya] Xiaomi.eu ROM for POCO X3 NFC

Search This thread

PYCON

• Nov 1, 2006
    With latest EU 12.0.8.0 , rarely but I get a strange issue... While walking on the browser or run some 3rd party apps ( Apps Backup And Restore, one for all ), the display turn off by its own. With no reason. :unsure: Power button or double click on the screen and the device is ready and fully working fine. But there's no reason for the display that turn off automatically while using the phone... WHY?!?!?

yawarkhalid

• May 27, 2016
    With latest EU 12.0.8.0 , rarely but I get a strange issue... While walking on the browser or run some 3rd party apps ( Apps Backup And Restore, one for all ), the display turn off by its own. With no reason. :unsure: Power button or double click on the screen and the device is ready and fully working fine. But there's no reason for the display that turn off automatically while using the phone... WHY?!?!?
    Hahaha. I was bamboozled by this too when I upgraded.

The touch registration on the home screen is pretty slow. So when you go on home screen then touch the screen again to open an app it registers it as a double tap to sleep and the screen goes to sleep. You just gotta be more careful. Thats all you can do.

Reactions: pnin

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
    Sony Xperia Z
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Can someone help me? My phone keeps going back to my twrp recovery every time I reboot it to system after flashing the eu rom.
    You probably did something wrong as this occurs mainly with bad flash.
    Try to start again the flash process and beginning with ROM download.
    Try to follow exactly the instructions and tell us if it goes wrong.
    Next time please give your recovery type and version, you phone model (X3 or X3 NFC), your ROM version before flash and the exact name of the file you're trying to flash. Otherwise it's difficult to help you.

PYCON

• Nov 1, 2006
    Hahaha. I was bamboozled by this too when I upgraded.

The touch registration on the home screen is pretty slow. So when you go on home screen then touch the screen again to open an app it registers it as a double tap to sleep and the screen goes to sleep. You just gotta be more careful. Thats all you can do.
    Uhm it sounds strange... Because I'm pretty sure that a couple of times this behaviour happened to my phone while I was surfing with the browser. No home screen at all... Really strange man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Sure, whenever Xiaomi releases one.
      If you're referring to SURYAEEAGlobal, then we don't base our ROMs on EEA ROMs, only China or normal Global (if China doesn't exist).

Status update: managed to update manually from Xiaomi.eu v12.0.8.0 to v12.0.9.0 without loosing data.

While "getprop | grep encrypt" reported the phone to be encrypted beforehand, no pin, pattern or fingerprint was set, so I went ahead and downloaded 'xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10.zip' from the Sourceforge repo, copied it to the phone external SD card for safety, and proceeded to flash it in TWRP.

I had to also flash Magisk (still on v22.1) and the StormBreaker kernel v8 afterwards, because they were obviously overwritten, but the phone booted fine with all apps in place.

For good measure, I had taken a Migrate-NG backup beforehand but was unable to flash it back with TWRP -- I had to download the Flasher companion app to get it through, just in case something was missing. This it did, without even requiring a reboot. (y)

P.S.: after checking SafetyNet status in Magisk it was failing but once the Manager app was updated to the latest v23 and necessary code was re-downloaded, the problem went away.
      I have tested 12.0.1 EU version and it is too unstable, especially the user interface, too laggy, even at 120hz.
      What's BB? :unsure:
      i mean how's the battery backup. is it improved, become less, or theres no difference with SBv8
      Normally with BB many persons mean BaseBand...

The modem... :sneaky:
      How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for POCO X3 NFC [surya]

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for surya is released
      TWRP is already released, we will make only RECOVERY version of our ROM from now..

Steps to install our ROM for FIRST TIME from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
      - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
      - Download our ROM zip file HERE
      - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
      - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
      - Connect to PC via USB cable
      - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
      For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
      For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install UPDATE of our ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
      - Download our ROM zip file STABLE
      - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
      - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
      - Connect to PC via USB cable
      - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
      For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
      For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
      Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
      Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
      You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Xiaomi.eu ROM features
      Based on China Stable / Weekly builds (except POCOF1, HMNote6Pro, HMNote8T, HMNote9ProMax, HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S, HMNote9ProEU)
      Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
      3way reboot menu (in dev settings)
      Dark Mode (Night Mode) for all devices (In the dev settings except 9.x/10.x)
      Removed ads in MIUI system apps
      Face Unlock for all devices
      Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
      Steps counter in Assistant screen
      More shortcuts on left lockscreen
      Wake up gestures
      AI preloading option in MIUI Lab
      Fullscreen gestures
      Option to auto-expand first notification
      Notifications priority settings
      More edit options in Gallery app
      Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
      Added landscape mode for SMS app
      Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
      Google apps support integrated
      Removed 5GHz region restrictions
      Confirm dials from call logs
      Morning report on alarm at morning
      More apps supported for AOD notifications
      More styles for AOD screen
      Raise to wake gesture
      AOD notification received animation
      Default volume control stream toggle
      Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
      More Camera features
      Double tap to lock screen
      Battery AI scenes
      Allowed disabling specific system apps
      Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
      No useless Chinese bloatware apps
      More free RAM due to less background processes
      Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
      Advanced menu with color icons
      No any Chinese character under the full system
      Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
      No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
      Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
      Added EU T9 dialer support
      Added charging sound switch
      Added Screen-OFF animation
      Optimized GPS settings for EU
      Optimized Battery consumption
      Optimized RAM consumption
      Added 3D Touch to MI5S 3GB RAM version
      Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
      Added more icons grid layout 4x5, 4x6, 4x7, 5x5, 5x6, 5x7 (depends on device)
      SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
      Play Store Certified
      Deodexed
      Added automated tasks in Security app
      Added game speed booster
      Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
      Fixed low volume sound via headphone
      Charging screen
      And more, and more made by our 9 years MIUI mods experience.

Enjoy.. :)
      Dears,
      if this could be useful for someone, here my procedure to update to EU ROM.

I started from stock rom, Global one, 12.0.4.0. Updated to 12.0.7.0.

Your X3 has to have:
      * Unlocked Bootloader
      * Installed Recovery ( TWRP / OrangeFox )

PS Personally I prefer OrangeFox on Xiaomi devices 😎

The procedure is:
      01) copy Xiaomi EU ZIP file into the external Micro SD
      02) reboot into Recovery ( TWRP / OrangeFox )
      03) select and flash Xiaomi EU ZIP file from File Manager
      04) Wipe Dalvik
      05) Wipe Cache
      06) Format Data

07) Reboot to System

If u want to root the phone:
      08) Reboot into Recovery ( TWRP / OrangeFox )
      09) select and flash Magisk ZIP file from File Manager
      10) Wipe Dalvik
      11) Wipe Cache

12) Reboot to System
      I had your problem too! My first TWRP was "3.4.0-0 By mahajant99" and got the Unable to Decrypt message.
      Then I tried to decrypt phone using this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ck-twrp-factory-image-stock-recovery.3358711/. Installed the app in Windows 10, executed the "Erase All Data / Decrypt Internal Storage". But there was an error there too, so I think it didn't decrypt anything...
      After I changed TWRP to "twrp-3.4.0-15-surya-mauronofrio" and rebooted to System and MIUI was on the screen!
      After the boot I got a message saying my phone was locked and to unlock it I had to enter my Xiaomi Password and that I did and the phone got unlocked.
      I think this was all I did...
      Now I have the EU ROM and Root.

By the way, in the "TOOL ALL IN ONE" there is no option for X3, so I selected Poco F1 I guess... I know it was another Pocophone...

Another update...
      Just remembered I read in another site about flashing another .img and a ZIP file, and I asked about it here. Just went to history and here it is: https://unofficialtwrp.com/xiaomi-poco-x3-root-twrp/

I don't know if it will help you, but in there states that, after flashing TWRP, DON'T BOOT TO SYSTEM! First flash "no_verity_opt_Encrypt.zip". Again I ended up not doing what it says there (flash "Vmbeta.img" and flash "no_verity_opt_Encrypt.zip"), but it's another option for you, in case your phone is still stuck on TWRP...

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your hints! The TWRP by mauronofrio is the one which leads to that error in my case.
      My mistake was that I rebooted to system - in order to copy the new ROM into the internal storage so that I would be able to flash it.

Try flashing stock Poco X3 Global ROM using Mi Flash tool and start again with a different recovery. Orange Fox recovery works well and it's what I used to flash this ROM.
      I Haven't use Mi Flash tool, but I'm sure you can Google it.
      Flash the global fastboot rom using Mi flash .... make sure you haven't relocked the bootloader by unchecking the necessary box
      Reboot into system
      Boot into fastboot
      Flash Orangefox recovery image using adb
      Reboot into recovery before you reboot into system or you will lose OF
      Boot into OF then flash Xiaomi.eu
      Format data .....
      Reboot into recovery
      Reboot to system
      These are the steps I used.

This worked! Got Global ROM using Mi Flash without relocking the bootloader, Fastboot-flashed OrangeFox, flashed Xiaomi EU ROM, formatted data, rebooted into recovery, then to system - working! Thank you!
      How did you get horizontal recents menu? :O are you talking about the swipe up in the middle and hold gesture? I still have old recents
      screenshot_2021-05-16-20-14-19-988_com-miui-home-jpg.5311175

Home Screen settings >> Arrange items in recents
      Flashed 12.0.7.0, noticed that Super Wallpapers cannot be downloaded (logcat showed that it tries to download them from Xiaomi Store, that is not available on Xiaomi.eu). I managed to install Snowy Peaks and Geometry by downloading APK from the web, I'm still trying to install Faraway Rings (that was available out-of-the-box on previous version)
      EDIT: found all Super Wallpapers APKs on apkmirror, installed them manually and correctly showed up in Super Wallpapers app :D