[ROM][MIUI][surya] Xiaomi.eu ROM for POCO X3 NFC

Search This thread

Sketzu

Jan 29, 2021
enigmagamers.com
How can I install this from CorvusOS?
I'm currently using Corvus OS and I want to switch to this stock MIUI.
Should I directly flash this via TWRP?
-Boot to TWRP
-Format Data
-Flash EU MIUI ROM
-Clear Cache
-Reboot???

Syfer_Fever

Dec 3, 2011
on latest version, i can't use Mi Message to write new SMS, every time i press "+" button, Mi Message suddenly closed without any error. i had to use Google Message unfortunately to write SMS. does anyone experience this issue?

leinadark

Aug 20, 2013
Huawei Nova 3i
Redmi Note 9
on latest version, i can't use Mi Message to write new SMS, every time i press "+" button, Mi Message suddenly closed without any error. i had to use Google Message unfortunately to write SMS. does anyone experience this issue?
many people have complaints regarding the latest update, just downgrade and wait for the next update. btw, you can visit the official site of xiaomi eu to see the feedbacks of some users, so that you may know and discern first before applying the new one.

Syfer_Fever

Dec 3, 2011
many people have complaints regarding the latest update, just downgrade and wait for the next update. btw, you can visit the official site of xiaomi eu to see the feedbacks of some users, so that you may know and discern first before applying the new one.
thanks for the info.
i know the xiaomieu site and their stable release thread, but that's All-in-one thread for many devices. so i just ask here. but thanks anyway, might wanna try to go back to 12.0.9.0 later (currently on official PE right now)

Last edited:
Reactions: leinadark

sasan50cent

May 27, 2011
Esfahan
can i dirty flash this rom over my stock indonesian miui v12.0.7 and do i have to format ? or data will not be deleted ? my phone is unlocked and custom recovery is installed, another question guys, what is the best recovery for installing this rom right know ?

Mohsin88924

Apr 16, 2015
Yesterday I flash Xiaomi Eu rom in my Poco X3 Indian version by Orangefox recovery.
I flash eu rom of poco x3 nfc v12.0.1.0 (android 11). But now I want to downgrade into Xiaomi eu rom of my device which is v12.0.9 (android 10) through my Orangefox recovery.
Does it safe? I just want to downgrade from eu to eu rom (android 10) safely.
Please kindly advise me. Please reply.
Thanks in advance.

sasan50cent

May 27, 2011
Esfahan
anyone here ?!
just got back to stock miui after facing new sms button issue that crashes messaging app, so annoying, any solution ?

leinadark

Aug 20, 2013
Huawei Nova 3i
Redmi Note 9
Yesterday I flash Xiaomi Eu rom in my Poco X3 Indian version by Orangefox recovery.
I flash eu rom of poco x3 nfc v12.0.1.0 (android 11). But now I want to downgrade into Xiaomi eu rom of my device which is v12.0.9 (android 10) through my Orangefox recovery.
Does it safe? I just want to downgrade from eu to eu rom (android 10) safely.
Please kindly advise me. Please reply.
Thanks in advance.
to be safe i suggest to use miflashtool first to install the android 10 version of global, then install twrp, then custom rom

john.reyes.jmr

Aug 29, 2014
Manila
Hi. Has anyone tried to dirty-flash the latest Poco X3 NFC update (12.5.1.0) on top of xiaomi.eu (12.0.8.0)? Is this method okay?

Thanks!

quicksilvree

Oct 7, 2014
Kingston
Thank you! One last question, if I upgrade first to 12.0.1.0 (A11), can I dirty flash so I dont have to format data?

Thanks again! :D
If i am understanding your question ... you are asking if you do a OTA to 12.5.1 A11, will you be able to dirty flash? Technically you should .... but as far as I know xiaomi.eu doesnt have a 12.0.1 A11 and you cant dirty flash .eu over a stock rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: john.reyes.jmr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for POCO X3 NFC [surya]

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for surya is released
    TWRP is already released, we will make only RECOVERY version of our ROM from now..

Steps to install our ROM for FIRST TIME from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file HERE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Steps to install UPDATE of our ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 5min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Xiaomi.eu ROM features
    Based on China Stable / Weekly builds (except POCOF1, HMNote6Pro, HMNote8T, HMNote9ProMax, HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S, HMNote9ProEU)
    Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
    3way reboot menu (in dev settings)
    Dark Mode (Night Mode) for all devices (In the dev settings except 9.x/10.x)
    Removed ads in MIUI system apps
    Face Unlock for all devices
    Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
    Steps counter in Assistant screen
    More shortcuts on left lockscreen
    Wake up gestures
    AI preloading option in MIUI Lab
    Fullscreen gestures
    Option to auto-expand first notification
    Notifications priority settings
    More edit options in Gallery app
    Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
    Added landscape mode for SMS app
    Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
    Google apps support integrated
    Removed 5GHz region restrictions
    Confirm dials from call logs
    Morning report on alarm at morning
    More apps supported for AOD notifications
    More styles for AOD screen
    Raise to wake gesture
    AOD notification received animation
    Default volume control stream toggle
    Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
    More Camera features
    Double tap to lock screen
    Battery AI scenes
    Allowed disabling specific system apps
    Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
    No useless Chinese bloatware apps
    More free RAM due to less background processes
    Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
    Advanced menu with color icons
    No any Chinese character under the full system
    Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
    No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
    Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
    Added EU T9 dialer support
    Added charging sound switch
    Added Screen-OFF animation
    Optimized GPS settings for EU
    Optimized Battery consumption
    Optimized RAM consumption
    Added 3D Touch to MI5S 3GB RAM version
    Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
    Added more icons grid layout 4x5, 4x6, 4x7, 5x5, 5x6, 5x7 (depends on device)
    SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
    Play Store Certified
    Deodexed
    Added automated tasks in Security app
    Added game speed booster
    Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
    Fixed low volume sound via headphone
    Charging screen
    And more, and more made by our 9 years MIUI mods experience.

Enjoy.. :)
    Dears,
    if this could be useful for someone, here my procedure to update to EU ROM.

I started from stock rom, Global one, 12.0.4.0. Updated to 12.0.7.0.

Your X3 has to have:
    * Unlocked Bootloader
    * Installed Recovery ( TWRP / OrangeFox )

PS Personally I prefer OrangeFox on Xiaomi devices 😎

The procedure is:
    01) copy Xiaomi EU ZIP file into the external Micro SD
    02) reboot into Recovery ( TWRP / OrangeFox )
    03) select and flash Xiaomi EU ZIP file from File Manager
    04) Wipe Dalvik
    05) Wipe Cache
    06) Format Data

07) Reboot to System

If u want to root the phone:
    08) Reboot into Recovery ( TWRP / OrangeFox )
    09) select and flash Magisk ZIP file from File Manager
    10) Wipe Dalvik
    11) Wipe Cache

12) Reboot to System
    I had your problem too! My first TWRP was "3.4.0-0 By mahajant99" and got the Unable to Decrypt message.
    Then I tried to decrypt phone using this https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-tool-a...ck-twrp-factory-image-stock-recovery.3358711/. Installed the app in Windows 10, executed the "Erase All Data / Decrypt Internal Storage". But there was an error there too, so I think it didn't decrypt anything...
    After I changed TWRP to "twrp-3.4.0-15-surya-mauronofrio" and rebooted to System and MIUI was on the screen!
    After the boot I got a message saying my phone was locked and to unlock it I had to enter my Xiaomi Password and that I did and the phone got unlocked.
    I think this was all I did...
    Now I have the EU ROM and Root.

By the way, in the "TOOL ALL IN ONE" there is no option for X3, so I selected Poco F1 I guess... I know it was another Pocophone...

Another update...
    Just remembered I read in another site about flashing another .img and a ZIP file, and I asked about it here. Just went to history and here it is: https://unofficialtwrp.com/xiaomi-poco-x3-root-twrp/

I don't know if it will help you, but in there states that, after flashing TWRP, DON'T BOOT TO SYSTEM! First flash "no_verity_opt_Encrypt.zip". Again I ended up not doing what it says there (flash "Vmbeta.img" and flash "no_verity_opt_Encrypt.zip"), but it's another option for you, in case your phone is still stuck on TWRP...

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your hints! The TWRP by mauronofrio is the one which leads to that error in my case.
    My mistake was that I rebooted to system - in order to copy the new ROM into the internal storage so that I would be able to flash it.

Try flashing stock Poco X3 Global ROM using Mi Flash tool and start again with a different recovery. Orange Fox recovery works well and it's what I used to flash this ROM.
    I Haven't use Mi Flash tool, but I'm sure you can Google it.
    Flash the global fastboot rom using Mi flash .... make sure you haven't relocked the bootloader by unchecking the necessary box
    Reboot into system
    Boot into fastboot
    Flash Orangefox recovery image using adb
    Reboot into recovery before you reboot into system or you will lose OF
    Boot into OF then flash Xiaomi.eu
    Format data .....
    Reboot into recovery
    Reboot to system
    These are the steps I used.

This worked! Got Global ROM using Mi Flash without relocking the bootloader, Fastboot-flashed OrangeFox, flashed Xiaomi EU ROM, formatted data, rebooted into recovery, then to system - working! Thank you!
    How did you get horizontal recents menu? :O are you talking about the swipe up in the middle and hold gesture? I still have old recents
    screenshot_2021-05-16-20-14-19-988_com-miui-home-jpg.5311175

Home Screen settings >> Arrange items in recents
    Flashed 12.0.7.0, noticed that Super Wallpapers cannot be downloaded (logcat showed that it tries to download them from Xiaomi Store, that is not available on Xiaomi.eu). I managed to install Snowy Peaks and Geometry by downloading APK from the web, I'm still trying to install Faraway Rings (that was available out-of-the-box on previous version)
    EDIT: found all Super Wallpapers APKs on apkmirror, installed them manually and correctly showed up in Super Wallpapers app :D