How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][thor] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Search This thread

Darkness4life

Sep 29, 2022
Which Twrp did you use?
Hi mate , when I select option from image attached,phone reboots and goes into twrp then gives me options like wipe , install , recovery and advises me to choose slot A

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-30-10-41-26-413_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-30-10-41-26-413_com.android.updater.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 39

justj0sh

Feb 5, 2017
The EU ROM removes Chinese apps, has loads of added apps and is much better than the stock Chinese. Rather than explain here pop over to their forum and read how to and what it includes. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/
You will need to get a Xiaomi account and bond the phone to your account, then you have to unlock the bootloader, this process completes after 168 hours when you finish it, it will format the phone, so that's the ideal time to install the EU ROM as you must format the phone with the new ROM branch anyway.
Installing the ROM is easy, all the files are in the download package and instructions on the Xiaomi forum where my link sends you. The I initial install is by fastboot, updates after that install using recovery ( twrp) that gets installed when you install the EU ROM.
Is there a way to do a backup of the recovery and boot before TWRP gets flashed?

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Not without twrp installed. But you can keep a copy of the stock ROM and keep the recovery image if you want but I don't see why you would. If you ever wanted to go back to stock, you would flash the full stock ROM.
If you don't want twrp and the EU ROM, you would not be able to ever update it as you use twrp recovery to do that function.
If I'm not answering your question, please explain what you are trying to achieve? But I hope what I have typed has helped in some way.

Jambon95

Sep 9, 2022
I repost my issue with this ROM. I have Orange for provider. It is as if I was stuck in 3G. Huge sluggishness.
Any reason you think? Does this rom embeds GDPR or EEA requirements?

justj0sh

Feb 5, 2017
Not without twrp installed. But you can keep a copy of the stock ROM and keep the recovery image if you want but I don't see why you would. If you ever wanted to go back to stock, you would flash the full stock ROM.
If you don't want twrp and the EU ROM, you would not be able to ever update it as you use twrp recovery to do that function.
If I'm not answering your question, please explain what you are trying to achieve? But I hope what I have typed has helped in some way.
Does flashing the stock ROM restore boot and recovery too? Just thinking of the possibility that I want to sell the phone one day.

Isavar

May 27, 2016
13.0.10 in this version someone has presented overheating when charging the phone?

Thanks

sarthak4ever

Oct 6, 2022
Hi guys,

I installed the ROM successfully but when i try to take backup of my google data from my old phone which is a Mi 11 Ultra, it randomly takes a backup from January (11 Ultra is backed up completely in Google One app) and Google photos doesn't sync at all, it has few pictures from Jan 1 and some random pics from earlier. My phone dial history is from January and there are no backups for messages. Please help. Where did i go wrong?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi guys,

I installed the ROM successfully but when i try to take backup of my google data from my old phone which is a Mi 11 Ultra, it randomly takes a backup from January (11 Ultra is backed up completely in Google One app) and Google photos doesn't sync at all, it has few pictures from Jan 1 and some random pics from earlier. My phone dial history is from January and there are no backups for messages. Please help. Where did i go wrong?
Use Micloud Phone and PC.

sarthak4ever

Oct 6, 2022
Did you allow Google to take its own routine or manual backup and selected automatically restore when you set up the EU ROM on your phone?
Take look here for more details,
At first i allowed Google to take its own routine, but when it didn't sync properly, i did a factory reset and then i did the automatic restore. Didn't work for either :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I had purchased one from AliExpress and the seller states it's comes with global rom which I don't really care because I want to flash it to eu rom anyways. I had tried to use it but it won't let me use gpay. Before I make a mess, how to I backup this rom?
    Interesting.
    This version of rom does not exist.
    Try: settings/my device/features/tap several times on kernel version/CIT menu select 1check version info.
    Post the screenshot.
    EDIT:
    Found on Ali.
    If there is play store and multilingual.
    Surely a Xiaomi Eu rom, they just changed the name and the version.
    12s.jpg
    You've missed the point completly my friend - the point I'm making is these instructions don't make sense and people who aren't in the phone industry won't be able to follow them!

Why not write simple, step by step instructions that actually work?
    Because in my opinion, people without knowledge about this things, should not "play" with their Phones. You can damage your phone if you dont know what you do. And one thing to say, i am not in the Handy branche, but this Tutorial was easy for me to understand.
    Hi, I had purchased one from AliExpress and the seller states it's comes with global rom which I don't really care because I want to flash it to eu rom anyways. I had tried to use it but it won't let me use gpay. Before I make a mess, how to I backup this rom?
    What the heck? i didn't even know there was a global rom available! it looks like a very badly hacked rom.
    you're better off just flashing the xiaomi.eu rom, no need to backup.

If it fails, flash back to China rom. that is a bad rom!
    yes, each way goes to fastboot
    Download this rom and use the "first install.bat" file then update via OTA.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...13.0.8.0.SLACNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip/download
    That we use an OS, windows, Linux, Mac, does not change anything since it is planned in the Fastboot rom.
    Capture d’écran 2022-11-23 000540.png
    This is simply because the current updates are in Rom.zip format and not Rom Fastboot.zip and this since there is a functional Twrp.
    The installation method for zip Roms is in the thread a few pages back and asking the question costs nothing instead of bashing the thread and the OP.

Best answer:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...om-for-xiaomi-12s-ultra.4481389/post-87743879
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC (WinRAR is recommended)
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot it is done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Update guide on the video

Update via OTA:
    Next updates will be downloaded via OTA and flashed in TWRP

Enjoy.. :)
    can you please check why your rom missed the Beautify feature ? Thank you so much
    It is time to show a real face to the world.. we are tired of fake people all around..
    Finally got it sorted. Installing the fastboot version worked. I cannot express my gratitude. Blessings. Now just gotta reinstall TWRP and learn how to do the OTA.
    you have TWRP already installed with fastboot ROM version..
    so just let updater to make his job and confirm install new version button..

life is too short to make it complicated..
    Did u root your device?
    I didn't . I bet this is the problem.
    it is not.. it is random TWRP issue.. just reboot to TWRP again and select zip manually to install..
    Hmmm, weird, look like the Gallery Edit add AI feature, but still missing beautify feature, perhaps the EU rom site missing out the AI Gallery edit feature and beautify? I also search around couldn't find the app that add beautify mode. I was a step away boot ROM, I'm photographer enthusiast I like the phone use EU ROM but I don't like the idea missing core feature that help me edit images.
    to not waste +220MB space in system partition it is not part of our ROM..
    You can easily install it as apk