How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][thor] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Search This thread

LotSky11

Aug 22, 2018
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Anyone else getting high af charging temps and amps on latest miui eu rom? Mine is charging up to 10000mA and reaching temps of 48c. Once I noticed this I immediately disconnected the stock charger and used a slower power bank instead. Used ampere app to monitor temps and charge rate. Phone is unusually hot to the touch too.

Kydaix

Feb 10, 2022
France
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Wish there is no 7 days wait to unlock the bootloader 😭
I've been waiting 6 days.. I'm almost there 😆

Edit: So I installed and updated the ROM, everything was fine for a day, and since this morning, my phone just restarts itself: it turns off and on at random times. For example, if I start it up, I have time to go to a few apps before it shuts itself down and restarts.
I think I'll have to switch back to the Chinese ROM...

Last edited:
Reactions: edmondt

mr2kqql

Jan 4, 2009
Hi, I had purchased one from AliExpress and the seller states it's comes with global rom which I don't really care because I want to flash it to eu rom anyways. I had tried to use it but it won't let me use gpay. Before I make a mess, how to I backup this rom?
1667520896615.jpg
1667520913068.jpg

phibersg

Mar 16, 2016
Hi, I had purchased one from AliExpress and the seller states it's comes with global rom which I don't really care because I want to flash it to eu rom anyways. I had tried to use it but it won't let me use gpay. Before I make a mess, how to I backup this rom?
What the heck? i didn't even know there was a global rom available! it looks like a very badly hacked rom.
you're better off just flashing the xiaomi.eu rom, no need to backup.

If it fails, flash back to China rom. that is a bad rom!

Reactions: Kydaix

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Interesting.
This version of rom does not exist.
Try: settings/my device/features/tap several times on kernel version/CIT menu select 1check version info.
Post the screenshot.
EDIT:
Found on Ali.
If there is play store and multilingual.
Surely a Xiaomi Eu rom, they just changed the name and the version.
12s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sathelp and Kydaix

mr2kqql

Jan 4, 2009
What the heck? i didn't even know there was a global rom available! it looks like a very badly hacked rom.
you're better off just flashing the xiaomi.eu rom, no need to backup.

If it fails, flash back to China rom. that is a bad rom!
Interesting.
This version of rom does not exist.
Try: settings/my device/features/tap several times on kernel version/CIT menu select 1check version info.
Post the screenshot.
EDIT:
Found on Ali.
If there is play store and multilingual.
Surely a Xiaomi Eu rom, they just changed the name and the version.
Lol. Sorry, didnt have a chance to do a screenshot as I already flashed the EU rom. The bootloader was already unlocked and all I did was followed the steps and everything works now. btw I am coming from a Vivo nex 3s and does xiaomi have some kind of app funtion that duplicate mifare nfc house key lock card like Vivo does?

mititko123

Jan 12, 2014
I think the LTPO2 is not working properly on eu rom currently im on last update 13.0.11 and i can see that the refresh rate is not going to 1fps in main menu or in settings, the frames going only low to 90fps in Facebook and i think this is draining a lot of battery. Could you check on your phones how it is, go in developer settings and enable "show refresh rate" to see do you have this problem as well, thanks

preseq

Nov 28, 2009
My cast screen function did not find the chromecasts in my network. The cast from supported apps e.g. youtube works though. Anyone got similar issues?

mr2kqql

Jan 4, 2009
Just installed the EU ROM~! I had to flash the unoffical TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/xiaomi-12s-ultra-twrp-unofficial.4477393/ because the latest [REC]3.6.2_12-Mi12SUltra_v6.2_A12-thor-skkk_96fff3a9.zip did not work.
https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file=skkk/TWRP/A12/v6.2_A12/[REC]3.6.2_12-Mi12SUltra_v6.2_A12-thor-skkk_96fff3a9.zip
All I did was to flash 13.0.8 using fastboot directly after bootloader unlocked and as soon as I setup the phone, I got OTA update to the latest eu version. It's really seamless for me.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Just installed the EU ROM~! I had to flash the unoffical TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/xiaomi-12s-ultra-twrp-unofficial.4477393/ because the latest [REC]3.6.2_12-Mi12SUltra_v6.2_A12-thor-skkk_96fff3a9.zip did not work.
https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file=skkk/TWRP/A12/v6.2_A12/[REC]3.6.2_12-Mi12SUltra_v6.2_A12-thor-skkk_96fff3a9.zip
This version works, but if it's for a first installation and you used the boot version command "fastboot boot twrp.img" obviously it doesn't work.
The REC version is used to update the Twrp but it can be installed using the command "fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img."

edmondt

Mar 21, 2006
Toronto
This version works, but if it's for a first installation and you used the boot version command "fastboot boot twrp.img" obviously it doesn't work.
The REC version is used to update the Twrp but it can be installed using the command "fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img."

The version 6.3 didn't work because I cannot mount System; I couldn't get my hands on version 6.2 so I had to get the unoffical version.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
The version 6.3 didn't work because I cannot mount System; I couldn't get my hands on version 6.2 so I had to get the unoffical version.
You are not talking about version 6.3 in your post but about 6.2. and say TWRP not working because you couldn't have confused it.

There was some negative feedback on 6.3 but for a first install you need to format the data (TWRP/wipe format data type yes and reboot TWRP).

The skkk site has been down for a few days, here version 6.2 REC.EDIT:6.3 REC
https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/thor/

Last edited:

edmondt

Mar 21, 2006
Toronto
I tried tha
You are not talking about version 6.3 in your post but about 6.2. and say TWRP not working because you couldn't have confused it.

There was some negative feedback on 6.3 but for a first install you need to format the data (TWRP/wipe format data type yes and reboot TWRP).

The skkk site has been down for a few days, here version 6.2 REC.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/thor/
I tried that version from your link before, which is twrp-3.6.2_12-v6.3_A12-thor-skkk.img

It is version 6.3 which does not work.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor

Top Liked Posts