How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][thor] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Search This thread

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
That we use an OS, windows, Linux, Mac, does not change anything since it is planned in the Fastboot rom.
Capture d’écran 2022-11-23 000540.png
This is simply because the current updates are in Rom.zip format and not Rom Fastboot.zip and this since there is a functional Twrp.
The installation method for zip Roms is in the thread a few pages back and asking the question costs nothing instead of bashing the thread and the OP.

Best answer:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...om-for-xiaomi-12s-ultra.4481389/post-87743879

Last edited:
Reactions: phzi

vpyanykh

Nov 26, 2022
Good evening lovely people. I hava a question in regards of the EU rom. Will it work in Canada with Canadian carriers? My current CN rom is working fine.

vpyanykh

Nov 26, 2022
I do apologize if that question was already asked. Is there any how to guide for updating rom once it was installed? This guide is amazingly helpful, but for initial set up only. How can I check if any new system updates and how does the installation progress is going?
Thank you in advance for your help and patience.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I do apologize if that question was already asked. Is there any how to guide for updating rom once it was installed? This guide is amazingly helpful, but for initial set up only. How can I check if any new system updates and how does the installation progress is going?
Thank you in advance for your help and patience.
Just use OTA.

mr2kqql

Jan 4, 2009
IMG_20221128_183946.jpg
Can anybody here test the internal VPN function? No matter what I do, it will not save the settings. The checkmark acts like nothing.

Last edited:

HornyYorkie

Dec 11, 2022
Hello, I installed the EU rom following the OP's instructions closely. Then updated to the latest release using TWRP. Everything seemed fine until I started getting temporarily banned from Whatsapp. This has happened for 2 days now. I initially thought that maybe my Whatsapp had been hacked, but I found another user that also installed the EU rom on his 12S Ultra that's having the exact same issue and now I'm convinced it has something to do with the Rom. (See below link)

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any possible solution/fix? Thanks!!

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hello, I installed the EU rom following the OP's instructions closely. Then updated to the latest release using TWRP. Everything seemed fine until I started getting temporarily banned from Whatsapp. This has happened for 2 days now. I initially thought that maybe my Whatsapp had been hacked, but I found another user that also installed the EU rom on his 12S Ultra that's having the exact same issue and now I'm convinced it has something to do with the Rom. (See below link)

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any possible solution/fix? Thanks!!
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Whatsapp?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Last edited:

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Highlights MIUI 14
Optimization - MIUI takes up less storage space now and keeps being swift and responsive over much more extended periods.
Optimization - Improved system architecture comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
Optimization - Attention to detail redefines personalization and brings it to a new level.
Optimization - More than 30 scenes now support end-to-end privacy with no data stored in the cloud and all actions performed locally on the device.
Optimization - Mi Smart Hub gets a significant revamp, works much faster, and supports more devices.

Basic experience
Optimization - Improved system architecture comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
Optimization - MIUI takes up less storage space now and keeps being swift and responsive over much more extended periods.
Optimization - Stabilized framing makes gaming more seamless than ever before.

System
New - MIUI 14 update
New - Android 13 update
New - Weekly ROMs support for Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12 Pro, Xiaomi 12T Pro/Redmi K50 Ultra, POCO F4 GT/Redmi K50G, POCO F4/Redmi K40S, Xiaomi 12S, Xiaomi 12S Pro, Xiaomi 12S Ultra
New - Some new wallpapers: Curves, Pebbles, MIUI 14
New - Super icons allow to set bigger Home screen icon size for compatible apps
New - You can make your Home screen folder bigger
Optimization - Search in Settings is now more advanced. With search history and categories in results, everything looks much crisper now.
Optimization - You can boost connection speed using mobile data when the Wi-Fi signal is too weak.

Package installer
Fix - Chinese notifications related with Secure mode were displayed while using large UI scaling

System UI
New - Adapted extended reboot menu to MIUI 13/14 style. If you wish so, you can combine it with legacy power menu
Optimization - Disabled the NFC icon on status bar

Gallery
Fix - Couldn't long-tap text in an image to recognize and select it

Permissions
Fix - Option "Return blank messages" was behaving like "Always allow"

Control center
Fix - "Nearby Share" tile was missing in certain cases

Security
Fix - Google Play services and Google Play Store were disabled in "Ultra battery saver" mode

Updater
Optimization - For those who can't get rid of red update mark dot in Settings (due to no OTA server access), "Show/Hide notifications" checkbox in Updater popup menu will control this mark as well

Warning for Xiaomi 12T Pro users:
Due to missing main camera libs for that device, camera will not work properly until Global ROM based on Android 13 will be released.

Due to Android 13 update ROMs we are releasing Fastboot version only.
New weekly MIUI 14 ROMs format V14.0.YY.MM.DD.DEV and release day will be Sunday instead of Friday

suspended due to some bootloop issues
EDIT:4:58 PM
ROM RE-UPLOADED
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/V14.0.22.12.8.DEV/

Last edited:
Reactions: Kydaix and Sathelp

Top Liked Posts