How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][thor] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Search This thread

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Last edited:
Reactions: Kydaix

kisirong2501

Jun 18, 2013
Hi, I am 12S Ultra owner and using China rom 14.0.10.0 but anyone notice that app loading quite slow especially switching app.
Thanks

vanhitman

Jun 24, 2015
i have 2 question and i want everyone help me:
1. does eu rom solved totally slow notification problem?
2. is there any camera quality difference between ROM EU and stock rom china?
thanks everyone!

sleepingawake

Nov 25, 2014
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
i have 2 question and i want everyone help me:
1. does eu rom solved totally slow notification problem?
2. is there any camera quality difference between ROM EU and stock rom china?
thanks everyone!
In the first days notifications didn't arrive if i don't open the app. But i edited whatsapp and garmin with autostart. So far no problems.
For camera i have no comparison, but latest version has improved a lot.

Pindarm

Apr 6, 2017
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Is there any way to clean up the clutter in the share page? I only use a few of the options, and every time I'm struggling with finding the right icon 🫣

I'm on MIUI 14.0.23.2.28 DEV BETA

Screenshot with unwanted share options crossed out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-17-17-42-43-462_com.google.android.youtube~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-17-42-43-462_com.google.android.youtube~3.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 18

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Update Weekly

System
Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to March 2023 [for devices that didn't receive that patch in V14.0.23.3.7.DEV]
Fix - eSIM switch was not showing in settings [Global versions of Xiaomi 13/Pro]

Status bar
New - You can disable or enable more status bar icons now (e.g. Airplane mode, DND mode, VPN)
Fix - NFC icon wasn't showing on some devices despite being enabled in settings

System launcher
Fix - Crash when drag-and-dropping an app from app drawer onto an app icon on the home screen to create a folder

App vault
Fix - Widgets on the home screen were being removed sometimes with a notification in Chinese

Themes
Fix - "Choose online ringtone" failed to load content

Security
Fix - Privacy indicators (camera/microphone/location) were not working at all

Last edited:

steffenmix3

Feb 25, 2019
Using this since 4 months and throughout all versions, also after update, my video replay via normal gallery app is very laggy.
Sound and video is not linked, video runs slow motion, sound runs normal, thumbnail below breaks. Just laggy in general, like CPU cant handle the video size.

Then I realized that it is not only with self taken videos, but also low quality videos taken with Instagram app. So this cant be about video size.

Anybody else has this issue? Had it since day 1. Thanks!

GodKingKnight

May 7, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Red Magic 8 pro

Top Liked Posts

seems like messaging is not working for this version. tried clean installing this 3x and still not getting or allowing me to send sms.
    Hi, I'm on this update and I have no problem sending/receiving SMS, I did a clean install and I have a CN version phone.

Unfortunately I'm just announcing the updates but I'm in no way part of the Xiaomi.eu team, it's just that I'm helping to keep this thread alive. If I can give you any advice why don't you try to get some logs and go report your problem.
    seems like messaging is not working for this version. tried clean installing this 3x and still not getting or allowing me to send sms.
    Long press on the messages icon, / information / check that all permissions are granted (none must have returned empty messages).
    Also check the APNs.
    Thank you very much for the fast response! I tried everything to no avail so I re-downloaded the ROM and did a fresh install. Everything works now.

Thank you again!
    New update: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...eu/HyperOS-WEEKLY-RELEASES/OS1.0.24.3.25.DEV/

Find device
    Fix - Unable to locate device in certain scenarios

Next update will be on 13 april.
    Hi, I'm on this update and I have no problem sending/receiving SMS, I did a clean install and I have a CN version phone.

Unfortunately I'm just announcing the updates but I'm in no way part of the Xiaomi.eu team, it's just that I'm helping to keep this thread alive. If I can give you any advice why don't you try to get some logs and go report your problem.
    Long press on the messages icon, / information / check that all permissions are granted (none must have returned empty messages).
    Also check the APNs.
    Thank you very much for the fast response! I tried everything to no avail so I re-downloaded the ROM and did a fresh install. Everything works now.

Thank you again!
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC (WinRAR is recommended)
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot it is done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Update guide on the video

Update via OTA:
    Next updates will be downloaded via OTA and flashed in TWRP

Enjoy.. :)
    can you please check why your rom missed the Beautify feature ? Thank you so much
    It is time to show a real face to the world.. we are tired of fake people all around..
    Update Stable.
    xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.3.0.TLACNXM_v14-13-fastboot.zip

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv14/

ROM REMOVED
    Finally got it sorted. Installing the fastboot version worked. I cannot express my gratitude. Blessings. Now just gotta reinstall TWRP and learn how to do the OTA.
    you have TWRP already installed with fastboot ROM version..
    so just let updater to make his job and confirm install new version button..

life is too short to make it complicated..