[ROM] MIUI.US weekly roms for maguro by magiman7 and leeech

Search This thread

thomas30

Mar 27, 2011
mms problem

i love miui but the only thing that don't work is mms. on aokp it works but with miui and cm9 it docent. is there a fix for that .

XAviierG

Mar 11, 2011
i love miui but the only thing that don't work is mms. on aokp it works but with miui and cm9 it docent. is there a fix for that .

I actually think its the other way around. On AOKP some will pend on sending but on MIUI it sends every time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pa.pn2

OK. I'm out of town until Sunday, I will start a new thread then. Btw magiman7 is working hard to get linaro implemented for us. He has everything working but camera, so there may be another update this week. I'll keep you posted.

A linaro build?
That is ****n awesomeeeeee
Hope it will be released soon
Sounds promising

MarcoG:

May 7, 2011
Herford Germany(NRW)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-16-09-50-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-16-09-50-34.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 323

Ahmato27

Mar 29, 2012
Melbourne
My app opening speed is really slow. Anyone else?

Using trinity Kernel over clocked to 1.5 Ghz..

Typed on my Galaxy Nexus using SwiftKey.

hoppermi

Feb 7, 2011
My app opening speed is really slow. Anyone else?

Using trinity Kernel over clocked to 1.5 Ghz..

Typed on my Galaxy Nexus using SwiftKey.

For whatever reason, miui window and transition animations are slower, by design. Lucky for you you can fix by going into developer options and setting them to .5x or off. My apps pop right open after doing this.

pa.pn2

For whatever reason, miui window and transition animations are slower, by design. Lucky for you you can fix by going into developer options and setting them to .5x or off. My apps pop right open after doing this.

same here.i always deactivate transitions and animations.dont need that stuff^^

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden

same here.i always deactivate transitions and animations.dont need that stuff^^

It's true. I just wish you didn't lose crt off when you change to .5 animations. For whatever reason, if I don't have that, o don't feel like I'm truly customized. Stupid I know, but true nonetheless. Argh wish I didn't care.

I guess if you only move transition animations to .5 you don't lose crt, we'll see if it makes a difference.

Edit: it does make a difference. Particularly in scrolling the desktop.
I have a theory about why the scrolling is choppy at times... I use mihome on aokp and have noticed the same thing but to a different extent. With mihome, even when you select the "keep in memory" option it doesn't stay in memory and actually closes the app and restarts if you haven't used it for a period of time. Since it restarts, it delays before scrolling becomes smooth again like it's building up cache or something. On miui rom, it does almost the same thing short of restarting the launcher itself. For example, once I exit tapatalk, the scrolling with be a little choppy for a few seconds then speed back up, and when you first wait the device, it'll be choppy for a bit but then after a bit, becomes just as fast as any other launcher on any other rom. Does that make any sense at all? Maybe it's all in the launcher since most people who use apex or nova launcher with miui say there is no lag at all. It seems to me like the problem is all in the launcher and how it somehow doesn't stay in memory correctly. I could be way off here, but figured I'd just give my 2¢

Last edited:

HumanXv2

Nov 23, 2011
Longview,TX
I came across a change log for 2.6.18 this morning that says older themes will not work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.2.24

This is a community support ROM only!

Post under construction but link is below.

Make sure you back up , Full wipe if coming from another rom, wipe cache and davlik then flash.

Themes are still a little messed up. They apply for the most part but you have to pull battery after.

Still some english in rom but very use able. When I get translations I will update with a fix pack.

Expect a fix pack tonight or tomorrow it will include : 4way boot, translations etc

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    hhtp://roms.miui.us
    http://roms.miui.us
    Here's a few more screen shots for you all!
    ib0AuLBxIPRz7p.png
    ibxw9V8FSUaDJ3.png
    ibj1buD0VweG2C.png
    i9yn3S4ySOFQ6.png
    +1 that would be great! It doesn't seem right to not have a proper, updated miui thread. :D:D:D

OK. I'm out of town until Sunday, I will start a new thread then. Btw magiman7 is working hard to get linaro implemented for us. He has everything working but camera, so there may be another update this week. I'll keep you posted.

I'll post in here my impressions as I'm running the last build as my daily driver for a few days.

Now I jumped on and off various aokp/cm9/aosp roms (just yesterday I tried a few new releases again) just so you know I experienced almost all the speed/customization 'flavors' available :p
    Basically I consider MIUI to be a very nice and stable ROM even in it's current state, though that statement can be a bit misleading as I don't use most of the stock apps.

For example people complaining about the lag, I guess you mean the launcher? Yeah it sucks in it's current state. Pop in Nova Launcher and the thing is as smooth as any other rom I've tried.
    So if you got tired of the stock ICS graphical design (I don't mean just the colors but the buttons and similar) then I suggest you give MIUI a shot.

Running it with last Trinity kernel beta65 1536-307 with default settings, battery life is amazing, no lockscreen hiccups at all, no call bugs, great stuff.

Once it's theme engine sets off properly this is gonna be truly fantastic.

EDIT: btw the recent apps in Miui is awesome. Great, clean layout and the handy broom button to close all of them at once, very very nice.

Cheers
    what? chinese original build has no lags, but the translated US/UK ones do?!

I have tested 4 versions of MIUI 2.3.23.

MIUI Android
    MIUI US
    MIUI China
    Ultimate MIUI v2(2.3.23)

MIUI China is laggy too but as much as MIUI US and MIUI Android.
    Ultimate MIUI v2 is smoothest of all. But, still laggy.

IMO, even the stock ROM is smoother than any MIUI ROMs meanwhile.
    I would stay away from MIUI ROM until they fixed the LAG.